brairtrainer

ADD/ADHD

I was diagnosed with ADHD at an early age, but when I went to see a professional to get tested (about 2-3 years ago) they said I have grown out of it, which you know, is a lie............

A very good Pro for people who have ADHD is that (i'm guessing based off my actions) we find laughter out of anything, a dog is running and has two sticks in its mouth.... funny, the cat and cucumber thing, funny. I laugh at so much random stuff that wouldn't be funny to a "normal" person. It doesn't help that My Staffy (a type of dog) is just so, so, Idiotic (in a good way) that I nearly piss myself every time she does something.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at an early age, but when I went to see a professional to get tested (about 2-3 years ago) they said I have grown out of it, which you know, is a lie............

A very good Pro for people who have ADHD is that (i'm guessing based off my actions) we find laughter out of anything, a dog is running and has two sticks in its mouth.... funny, the cat and cucumber thing, funny. I laugh at so much random stuff that wouldn't be funny to a "normal" person. It doesn't help that My Staffy (a type of dog) is just so, so, Idiotic (in a good way) that I nearly piss myself every time she does something.

ADHD can get me really annoyed sometimes, but when I'm constantly laughing at the stupidest things ever is a good thing, bc laughing is good for your health. The annoying part about it is not being able to fall asleep, having a hard time paying attention in class, and I get headaches whenever I forget to take my meds... dry.gif

Sleep is a pain in the butt. If I go off my meds even slightly I completely lose my ability to get a consistent night's sleep, and even on them I can't sleep regularly.

I may or may not have ADD, I'm going to get tested next month to find out.

If the diagnosis says yes then that would explain the symptoms I've been experiencing most of my life, mainly those moments where I can't seem to get motivated to do anything.

Even if you don't get diagnosed with it, if you have executive dysfunction a lot of ADHD resources could help you deal with it.

Good news: Seems like I've found the right dosage of Adderol

Semigood maybe bad news: I've lost a signifigant amount of weight which may be side affects or no longer needing to emotionally eating to deal with the other emotions attatched to ADD :/ Going to see the nurse practioner on monday though so hopefully the weight loss is nothing to worry about.

edit: After seeing him he says he just wants to track it for now, and possibly switch me to vyvance if crashes keep occuring. Anyone else here medicated who have had to deal with crashes?

Edited by brairtrainer

I currently have ADHD but I'm doing fine(ish). I'm on meds, but recently, it seems they either aren't working much anymore, or my body is rejecting them. Whatever's happening, I've found it very hard to focus anymore. I've already asked my parents to see if they can up the dosage a bit.