SullenCat

What do we want on the 10th Birthday of DC?

I've said before that I'm hoping on the store, but I just realised if TJ did release it I wouldn't have to worry about h'ween IOUs! That would be a weight of my back as I need almost all of them. Just thinking about being able to get CB holidays makes me excited!

I'm hoping that in addition to a new release and the time-based egg slot, a BSA that will be like incubate for hatchlings will be introduced to the game... smile.gif

In-cave games to earn rares/prizes, yessssssssssssssss!

Yes! I feel like between the 3/4 days for the eggs to hatch and the hatchling to grow up there isn't much for a player to do besides go on the forum and continue planning for the lineage. I would love games to entertain myself and that could result in a prize.

If there is a game, I don't know where I stand on how interactive it would be and if it would be a competition against whoever else is playing and only the winner would get the prize....unless that was what everyone else was saying.

I know there is already a different page to see your scroll stats, but I kind of want one that is accessible via my dragcave account. I want it to show the total and for the breakdown I want female, male, inbred, and longest line...stuff like that.

If there is a game, I don't know where I stand on how interactive it would be and if it would be a competition against whoever else is playing and only the winner would get the prize....unless that was what everyone else was saying.

I think a game where you could earn prizes/points to buy prizes sounds like a fun addition to the site, but I don't know if I'd want it to be competing against each other. Usually competitive things tend to stir up resentment between players, and if it was an "only the best at the game gets the prize" kind of deal, it would be pretty rigged toward one group, those who will undoubtedly get too good at the game to compete with. I personally think it would be more enjoyable and fair if you could trade in points you earned on the game for rares. This way if you're not great at it, you can still collect points and eventually be able to get a prize, too. smile.gif

Imagine if all the new releases were released in cave as hatchlings? That would be one of the craziest (and best) release events ever.

If not that, then another raffle that has both a new prize dragon and Honorable Mentions would be amazing.

I think a game where you could earn prizes/points to buy prizes sounds like a fun addition to the site, but I don't know if I'd want it to be competing against each other. Usually competitive things tend to stir up resentment between players, and if it was an "only the best at the game gets the prize" kind of deal, it would be pretty rigged toward one group, those who will undoubtedly get too good at the game to compete with. I personally think it would be more enjoyable and fair if you could trade in points you earned on the game for rares. This way if you're not great at it, you can still collect points and eventually be able to get a prize, too. smile.gif

I like this too. Fair for those that are good at it and fair for those not good at it. Those good at the game would be able to get their prizes faster but the others will still get their prizes just will take longer.

I personally think it would be more enjoyable and fair if you could trade in points you earned on the game for rares. This way if you're not great at it, you can still collect points and eventually be able to get a prize, too. smile.gif

I think that was the idea.

I hope it's special, maybe more like a mini-event than just a regular release. biggrin.gif

Agreed. A bit like (I may sound old saying this) but those skating rinks or arcades where you play games and you get tickets and then you turn in those tickets for prizes. I think I would love it if that happened.

Although a small flaw would be that the best players would still manage to get more tickets than everyone else and they'll be able to get more rares and whatnot. If the amount of rares being given out is limited (to help maintain that rarity) then I feel like it would still lead to player resentment and the trading of rares and all that would favor those who are better at the game.

Agreed. A bit like (I may sound old saying this) but those skating rinks or arcades where you play games and you get tickets and then you turn in those tickets for prizes. I think I would love it if that happened.

Although a small flaw would be that the best players would still manage to get more tickets than everyone else and they'll be able to get more rares and whatnot. If the amount of rares being given out is limited (to help maintain that rarity) then I feel like it would still lead to player resentment and the trading of rares and all that would favor those who are better at the game.

Yes but... the best players wouldn't be the best players on every game, if there are different types of games.

Yes but... the best players wouldn't be the best players on every game, if there are different types of games.

I like the idea of games where you could win rares. Especially if there were different types of games. I've enjoyed the "games" that have occured so far both at halloween and advent, short lived that they were. I enjoyed the mana game so much that even when I'd gotten my share of mana for the day I kept playing! I love those types of games, simple, not overly complex but still grants a nice reward of some kind.

can i emphasize how many people would absolutely LOVE to be able to THAW their frozen hatchlings?

That would be the best thing ever IMHO

ETA:

i do love the idea of a dragon store. i have no problem spending real money on the games i play. and I could advance some really cool lineages if i could buy some prizes or a handful of CB golds. JMO!

/ducks from flying cheese

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

can i emphasize how many people would absolutely LOVE to be able to THAW their frozen hatchlings?

That would be the best thing ever IMHO

YES! A thousand times yes!

Me just now

"It's 12:08! It's after midnight on the 20th!"

*Runs over to DC*

Nothin' *pout*

Well we'll see what's here in the morning

Annnnd it's morning and still there's nothing. Are we SURE this is the right date?

Annnnd it's morning and still there's nothing. Are we SURE this is the right date?

Someone posted that it's the 21st....

According to the release time line, releases have sometimes happened a few days after the birthday (the 22nd, 23rd). Don't lose hope if it doesn't happen right at midnight tonight, I'm sure TJ wouldn't forget the anniversary of his own site.

That said I hope it does happen tonight, I have to work late tomorrow and Sunday.

That said I hope it does happen tonight, I have to work late tomorrow and Sunday.

Ah yes, my weekend shift just has to fall on DC's anniversary too. tongue.gif

But I do hope it's something awesome, it's a big event after all. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

According to the release time line, releases have sometimes happened a few days after the birthday (the 22nd, 23rd). Don't lose hope if it doesn't happen right at midnight tonight, I'm sure TJ wouldn't forget the anniversary of his own site.

Probably I'm missing something but I looked all way back to 2011. According to the news the event started always, from 2015 to 2011, on the 21st and almost always at midnight with the exclusion of 2012 when it started, still on the 21st, but at 10 PM. What am I misreading?

I would love for the Frills to be available again. If only for a short period of time.