SullenCat

What do we want on the 10th Birthday of DC?

Small bump. ^^

Oh my... Socks bumped this... /me faints.

Seriously now... after being beaten up, pelted with rotten cabbage, tarred and feathered in another thread... I wish for:

#1 - A release, not only of a couple of rares at Silver/Gold level or higher (yes, I insist and they MUST be STUNNING), but also of a few un-commons, at Copper or higher level.

#2 - A cake-shaped badge: "I was here for the 10th".

#3 - While my initial enthusiasm for the store is at an all-time low (there's a limit to what can be shoved down my throat) I still would welcome a way to earn previous and new CB Prizes and HM (for EVERYBODY, not just old players) be that with activity, games, a combo of those, whateva.

#4 - A mini-game, as exciting or more exciting than the mana was, with different levels of difficulty. Just for fun.

#5 - A lore-driven adventure!

Edited by SullenCat

I would love to see the store implemented, another egg slot to even things out, and a cute little badge of some nature.

Don't care to have rares released or anything else that has the potential to exclude some members like the avatars did. With such a milestone, I think we need to have something that everyone can enjoy equally.

I would like EVERYTHING. If I must choose: several new releases, two or three being rares, and the 8th slot.

I'd love to see a mass release from the Completed Requests - Tanglewyrms, Corals, Charred, Skymaster, Tin, Cleaner Pygmy, Scymrian Pygmy, Shiny Scale, White Dino, Eastern Unicorn, Trickster, Opal, Saber Fangs, Neotonous, Marine, Levianthan, Humming Pygmy, Glade, Frostbite Wyrm and of course the Green-Bellied Ninny (etc. etc.), I want them all, and I want them now!

Yess, that's what I was going to say! I mean, I guess it would be hard if they did a mass release, but at least release a few and then start some kind of schedule to get a bunch out. That'd be amazing.

Also a faerie dragon would be nice; if they did what the creator if this thread suggested, they could have one from each type and then a faerie.

I've just read all topic and these suggestions I like the most: • A new site theme, something festive =) • A commemorative 10th Anniversary dragon • Some festival "clothes" for some of the dragon breeds during the event • Exact remaining time • 8th egg slot, or +1 loyalty slot suggested by TJ, and one extra slot during the festive period • Frilled and Bright Pink re-relased • Speedy Growth/Unfreeze/Unrefuse BSA • Ability to change scroll name, not more often than once in several months • Multiple actions, like hide/unhide • A spaced out mass-release, of course wub.gif • HM for old players • New Prize dragon ninja.gif

Hmm, I agree, I'd like all of these! (I'm very new so obviously wouldn't qualify for the rewards for older players though xd.png)

I would like most anything so long as it's not exclusive to one group of people - it needs to be for everyone. I get the loyalty reward, but the problem with it is that not everyone can participate. I get the additional egg slot, but again, that's only for those that are at gold. Why not give everyone an additional slot? The 8th birthday sucked and I would hatemto see a repeat of that.

There are lots of suggestions of egg drops and that's one suggestion I like. For years (and until very recently) I was on dial up, catching was hard, but at least I could get something (mostnof the time) and so can those who experience lag (it's no worse than dial up lag, trust me). So I guess I just wish for something that will include everyone. I've been around since 2009 but my scroll really does suck, so something that is only for (what amounts to) a select few would be no reason to celebrate. Even if it's just a badge, at least everyone will get it.

I get the additional egg slot, but again, that's only for those that are at gold.  Why not give everyone an additional slot?  The 8th birthday sucked and I would hatemto see a repeat of that.

Actually, TJ's suggestion was quite more inclusive: see here.

Actually, TJ's suggestion was quite more inclusive: see here.

Sorry, meant to say 8th egg slot, and thanks for that link, but it still leaves people out. If you are going to celebrate and give gifts out for that celebration I just feel that you give to everyone not some subset of collectors.

I'd like to have the "Sort by" option "Number of offspring". Or just "had offspring" (yes / no) because I seem to forget dragons that refuse their intended mate when I don't have another mate for them at the time rolleyes.gif .

A way to influence who shows up on a dragon's breeding page (I'd like a way to remove inbreds and messies from the breeding pages of my CBs for example, without removing those dragons from my scroll altogether.)

I very much support releasing the weather balloons. <3

Frills please. I only have 3 Frills and only one is CB. Like so many people I thought I'd have more time because they were so common.

I'd like to see the entire garden and pygmy garden series release, though not all at once.

I also really, REALLY need ALL of the Okapi dragons on my scroll. <3

Some way to get CB Prizes and missed holidays would be cool.

And the time-based eggslot. And yes to the tabs.

Frills please. I only have 3 Frills and only one is CB. Like so many people I thought I'd have more time because they were so common.

YES!! I have loved frills ever since I saw them. It stinks not being able to have one.

I definitely agree to an extra egg slot. Maybe it could be after a user has hit over 1000 dragon or been on dc for awhile? I'm getting into working with lineages and an odd number of egg slot is making me crazy. blink.gifblink.gif

I also like the idea of a spaced out new breed release. Having 10 released over the span of 10 days...I don't have the egg slot for that!! *panics*

plus doing something like that will benefit the users who already have the 7 egg slot more because they can grab at least 7 out of the 10 and it will also favor those with better wifi and clicky skills.

I definitely think that whatever happens will be amazing and that we will end up loving it anyways.

I really like the idea of playing in-cave games to earn rares/prizes/etc; it'd be great to get special dragons without needing fast reflexes and fast internet.

And I'm super into the dragon tags idea, and the tabs concept is good too (I'd probably only use the tags, but tabs would be good for a lot of people). I like TJ's idea of adding an egg slot for players that have been around for over a year, too.

But overall I just hope for something really special and/or helpful, since this is the 10th anniversary. ^u^

I love the idea of in-house games with eggs as prizes, I can't catch for toffee.

A special release, not masses though just 1.

An extra egg slot.

Definitely an end to raffles.

So long as TJ is prepared to keep the site going, I'm happy though. Thank you TJ.

I want so many things!

Tabs would be amazing, as would more accurate countdowns, and an extra eggslot. Name-stealing to finally be introduced. Ratios explained/removed entirely would be AWESOME but...well, that really is dreaming!

I really don't want a mass release because 7 in 7 was bad enough, though obviously want something released. Don't mind what, preferably NOT rare, and I admit I'm not a hybrid fan (though weather balloons = wub.gif ). Re-release of Frills +/- BPs would be a nice addition, but I wouldn't want it to be the main event.

I wouldn't mind an unbreedable 10th B-Day dragon that basically acts like GoN used to - a pretty trophy but no actual purpose. It could be given out in a gift box received when you first log in during the event, no need to catch!

I'm hot and cold on the store; depends entirely on how the currency works because I am flat out against any sort of need to grind. Nothing kills a game faster for me than grinding. But a way to earn CB holidays/prizes/breedables would be epic.

Whatever it is needs to be inclusive and equitable, because as others have mentioned, the 8th birthday sucked. Me with my single, frozen GoN got precisely...nothing that year. I got to watch other people have new dragons. But that reminds me - raise the GoN limit to 5! Would love to see that!

More Pygmies, old Holiday CBs somehow, and more egg slots are my biggest wishes. BSAs, misc re-releases, and QoL improvements would all be awesome but I'm not too fussed either way.

I just really hope we don't have a mass addition of new dragons in a very short period of time. I'd rather have just a couple releases or a longer celebration, like 1 or 2 breeds per week for so many weeks.

i DONT want some random new commons to hate seeing, i want something that will improve the game and make it more fun for everyone

a buncha new non-metals that are as rare as golds (ya know the fruit metaphor) to finally even things out

biome blockers to the AP

a way to get prize dragons into hands of players

duplicate BSAs (magmas incubating or something)

just SOMETHING to make this game more rewarding to play

Edited by blockEdragon

I want a message filter for the forum that moves all those posts out of my sight that claim that their author is going to quit if this and that doesn't happen anytime soon.

You're playing a game that's offered to you for free. Nobody is forcing you to play. Yet you sound like it's hard work that you *need* to do to earn your living. What the heck ...

alright i was kinda being a downer

sorry

but I still think this game needs something new to it rather then just another of the same thing or ten new biome blockers we don't need

Wow, BlockEDragon, it says you've only been here less than a month and you're already that caught up and bored? I've been here since waaaaaaay back in 2008 and I still get a real kick out of new Releases and don't necessarily want to see DC get all bloated with inane apps that will do everything for you.

I'd love to see a bunch of new dragons - even one like the sevens - that was fun and challenging.

Wow, BlockEDragon, it says you've only been here less than a month and you're already that caught up and bored? I've been here since waaaaaaay back in 2008 and I still get a real kick out of new Releases and don't necessarily want to see DC get all bloated with inane apps that will do everything for you.

I'd love to see a bunch of new dragons - even one like the sevens - that was fun and challenging.

2015 =/= 2016

Anyway, I would love a badge saying that I've been there for the anniversary. I would also love an exclusive dragon that is breedable only on the birthday week (I can dream!)

i'v only been on the forum for less then a month

year, if i'm correct on what month I joined...june?

no, my oldest dragon was caught on March 20th so that's probably when

though most older players will probably still find it little of me, or i'm being paranoid and assuming people are as terrible as i am

but enough about me this isn't a thread where we list every reason i'm terrible as a human being, (though that's not a bad idea for a thread, green-light that! GO TO THINE KEYBOARD)

this is just us listing the things we want and i'm just saying we need something new

i'm not saying I want apps to give me what I want on a silver platter, i'm saying the game needs to evolve and shake things up more, it would bring more players and and probably bring back some older players

I really like the idea of playing in-cave games to earn rares/prizes/etc; it'd be great to get special dragons without needing fast reflexes and fast internet.

I love the idea of in-house games with eggs as prizes, I can't catch for toffee.

In-cave games to earn rares/prizes, yessssssssssssssss!

Starting on the 21st, at 00:00:01, I would love to see 10 posts by TJ in the news, one per day, each of them showing gift boxes, neatly gift-wrapped with beautiful bows. On the first day we would have 9 closed and 1 opened box. In the opened box there would be the surprise of the day: a new feature for the cave and a new release. On each of the following days, other boxes would open introducing more surprises, new features and new releases!