SullenCat

What do we want on the 10th Birthday of DC?

Lots of interesting suggestions (I should add some more things to my wishlist biggrin.gif ), but what are HM eggs?

ETA: Thank you, Ruby Eyes!

Edited by walkinslow

I'd love an eighth (or more) eggslot, no hatchie limit, maybe that special shop + ingame-currency people are talking about. smile.gif

What I don't want: some kind of raffle, 10 dragons in 10 days released. I hated that 7 dragons for 7 days release. Especially when some breeds are supposed to be rare. unsure.gif

But I wouldn't mind a dragon with more than 2 colour variations, like the Luminas. There was a Horse dragon on the Completed list once with some base colours and other variations through breeding. I loved that one. smile.gif

@walkinslow:

Honorable Mentions, which was basically the "lowest" winning ranks from the raffle. Choosable breeds were a CB holiday, Frill or any currently breedable dragon (which included alts and hybrids).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I would love any chance of getting a Frill. I'm backing up the idea for HM then but maybe not one per year. One HM per two years or per three years? Something like that.

Edited by evinin

I'd be happy with an 8th egg slot for people with over 1000 dragons. Or just a really neat new release. Or make some of my favorites (Alamandines) common for a few days. OR just have that zero refusals/no interest on that one day. Meaning every breeding will be successful. You might not get the egg you want, but you WILL get an egg. And all refused mates get reset so you can try again. dry.gif

^ tongue.gif

I'd like to see a big new feature released (the store, maybe?). I'd also like an eighth egg slot. And, of course, several new dragons. I mean, it is the 10th anniversary. This post is starting sound like something that belongs in the Unreasonable Demands thread though. biggrin.gif

In my not so humble opinion, the majority of the wishes do not sound unreasonable at all. Excluding AGYK's biggrin.gif

I'm seeing wishes that were discussed in the Suggestions and that make a lot of sense for the 10th Birthday. The Store and the increase on slots are the perfect example.

About the 10 eggs... if they are permanent, what is the issue? Do we have any rule on catching them on the release day? I was trying to be respectful of people that like pygmies, drakes, two-headed and hybrids. Personally, I would not want any of those, so I think is quite reasonable to ask for two new standard breeds.

I'd love 1 HM *per year of playing* for each player. That means someone with an account as old as mine and with dragons from every year on their scroll (year of *actively* playing, you see) would get 7 pretty HM eggs laugh.gif

That is a really cool idea. So many CB hybrid opportunities for pretty lineages <3

I want Dove's horse dragons released. Equous (sp). 16 variations of pretty horsey beauty. They disappeared from the completed list almost 2 years ago but I've no idea if that's because of Dove leaving the site or TJ plotting to release them. 16 variations.

I'd love 1 HM *per year of playing* for each player. That means someone with an account as old as mine and with dragons from every year on their scroll (year of *actively* playing, you see) would get 7 pretty HM eggs laugh.gif

As usual, I'm against anything that gives advantages to people that have been playing for long time. As usual, because I think they already got a bunch of benefits out of their seniority. The encyclopedia had IMNSHO the right approach, everybody starts from scratch.

I wish for the 8th slot, but only as initially was suggested by TJ.

@Vhale: why to hide that? Curious cat wants to know.

Edited by SullenCat

If we don't get something for descriptions then why not a re-release of the frills? (hmm...makes you wonder)

As usual, I'm against anything that gives advantages to people that have been playing for long time. As usual, because I think they already got a bunch of benefits out of their seniority. The encyclopedia had IMNSHO the right approach, everybody starts from scratch.

I wish for the 8th slot, but only as initially was suggested by TJ.

@Vhale: why to hide that? Curious cat wants to know.

It's spoilerish. And the reason TJ takes things off the completed thread is because he likes to surprise people. Posting it plainly with pics etc would ruin that effort and probably cause it to never be released. Not good.

More egg slots. Either that or a brand new shiny shop?

Maybe a statement that all raffles are finished instead of wondering and hoping I could actually win it one day unsure.gif

Edited by lollipop00

Breedable alt pygmy, two-headed, and/or drake. New species, though. Not an addition to any of the others. tongue.gif

I want the raffle announcement. The raffle can't stop till I get my CB silver shimmer.

Some of your suggestions are a bit unfair to the newer players.

Personally, I'd like a nice raffle that was nonexistent this Christmas... I was hoping for a chance to win a shiny prize… or a nice little holly if I got HM... *goes back into reality*

Anyway, more egg slots would be nice. A mass release would be a pain, because I’m always egglocked on regular releases!

I would also love a little badge, telling the player that they have been there on DC’s tenth anniversary. I really do not want much.

Some of your suggestions are a bit unfair to the newer players.

I thought we were just listing the one thing we'd like the most. O,o It's not like TJ would take any of these suggestions. He most likely already has it planned out.

I thought we were just listing the one thing we'd like the most. O,o It's not like TJ would take any of these suggestions. He most likely already has it planned out.

You're right, probably he already decided. Or maybe we could present something he did not think of yet.

I do not want to pick on anybody but let's use "1 HM egg per year of playing" as example. That's something very nice for the people that have been here for quite a while (myself included, my scroll is quite older than my forum account) but what would get the people that have been around less than one year by then? Nothing. The birthday is supposed to be a celebration for everybody. To get zero while others get several would make a bunch of people unhappy. Take a look at the 8th birthday thread...

You're right, probably he already decided. Or maybe we could present something he did not think of yet.

I do not want to pick on anybody but let's use "1 HM egg per year of playing" as example. That's something very nice for the people that have been here for quite a while (myself included, my scroll is quite older than my forum account) but what would get the people that have been around less than one year by then? Nothing. The birthday is supposed to be a celebration for everybody. To get zero while others get several would make a bunch of people unhappy. Take a look at the 8th birthday thread...

That makes sense. =/ That would be pretty unfair.

Detailed explanation, provided by TJ, on how ratios work.

Personally, I'd rather the ratio system be scrapped and a new rarity system installed.. since the ratios have been broken since forever it seems. The game has grown past the point where the ratio system was useful.. so it's time to dismantle it and replace it with something that actually works.

Personally, I'd rather the ratio system be scrapped and a new rarity system installed.. since the ratios have been broken since forever it seems. The game has grown past the point where the ratio system was useful.. so it's time to dismantle it and replace it with something that actually works.

I completely agree and I was posting, few days ago, about replacing ratios with rarity. But, unless TJ already started, the chances of that being implemented are quite minimal. To explain, once and for all (instead of keeping us guessing and creating absurd theories based on what we guess) would take him a total of... 10 minutes?

I'd love the Frills and Old Pinks to be re-released.

Eighth egg slot.

A couple new breeds, I don't even care what type. Just not ten in ten days.

Just SEEING a CB Gold to give me hope I can catch a few more. (Can't catch what ya never see.)

I wish that, for the 10th Birthday, everybody will have 4 CB Prizes (2 Shimmers and 2 Tinsels) in their scrolls and that no raffles would ever happen again.

(I am frustrated.)

The remaining CD time on actions to be EXACT - or at least show x days y hours, not "1 day" till the second it ends....

Oh and a menu where we can CHOOSE what shows on our action log, and leave out name, fog/unfog and the like.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't care if frills/BPs are re-released, but if that's the only thing we got, I'd be very disappointed. I consider a frill/BP release a rather small thing. A decade is a pretty big thing. I want a big celebration. I want something new - not something old in a "new" package. xP

As usual, I'm against anything that gives advantages to people that have been playing for long time

As usual, why would I care what others get? I know I've been too late for certain cool things and that's okay. I've also been too late for dying from plague or getting killed for being lesbian. I'm enjoying all the new things and never needed to bother with the good old laggy days (it's not like *everything* in the past was good).

Some more generosity would serve the world well, seriously.