AnnoyingTiger888

ANSWERED:A Link Thread

I didn't wanna bother the mods by PMing them, as I know they're busy. My suggestion is a stickied link thread where everyone gets one post to list all the links they want to share with others. I, for one, have far too many links than I can fit in my signature! But with a link thread, I can post all the links I want to share, and then link people to that post in my signature.

Thanks, but not thanks. I really don't want to have to look through a whole post (or several, if some things load too slowly) to find the links to whole pages someone feels they need to share. I think it's bad enough as it is with people having endless wishlists in some thread or other, numerous spreadsheets for their lineages and so on.

If you feel that your signature is too limited, use your profile.

I read in another thread that stickied posts often get ignored anyway. I personally wouldn't use the thread for my own personal links nor would I visit it to look at someone else's links, so no thanks.

We just have to pick and choose which links are most important to display in our signatures. smile.gif

You could just make a thread like this in GD and see if people use it or not. You can't sticky it but it may still get attention, esp. if it's commonly used.

I can ask the other mods, but this sounds spammy to me, as we generally don't allow advertising threads. What kind of links did you have in mind to share?

You could keep the extra links in your forum notepad and rotate things around to keep it interesting. o3o

I can ask the other mods, but this sounds spammy to me, as we generally don't allow advertising threads. What kind of links did you have in mind to share?

You could keep the extra links in your forum notepad and rotate things around to keep it interesting. o3o

- Contact links where you can be reached

- Links to certain posts (like your first dragon)

- Links to your art/writing threads

- Links to lineages you're part of

- Links to your blog or website

Just general things that you'd like to share with the community, all neatly placed in one post.

I'm sorry - but that DOES sound a bit spammy. It's not something I'd want to do - my various on line activities are carefully separated; contact details are on one's profile, and you can get MOST of what you are suggesting in your sig - unless you are in a HUGE number of lineages. We even have *shudder* the social media links available - though I have disabled them everywhere (I don't USE social media so they were useless anyway !)

You can put loads in your profile, of course - and many people also use googledocs - you could link to that - or to a webpage of your own with stuff like that ?

ETA as I see you could easily manage. FISHIES ?????? blink.gif

I think putting your website in your sig will achieve what you want rather better as no-one would have to go to a thread to find it all; they can click any time they see you post - and others could set that up too if they liked biggrin.gif

I almost never even click links in sigs anyway....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Ah well, I put the idea out there, that's all I can do *shrug* I mainly suggest it because I, personally, have a horrible memory and like to be able to go to one page and get to everything I need xd.png You're right, though, I can just put them all on my google site instead (and don't knock me fishies, fuzz, they're amazing okay!) tongue.gif

Sorry for wasting the space, please feel free to delete/close this thread happy.gif

Ah well, I put the idea out there, that's all I can do *shrug* I mainly suggest it because I, personally, have a horrible memory and like to be able to go to one page and get to everything I need xd.png You're right, though, I can just put them all on my google site instead (and don't knock me fishies, fuzz, they're amazing okay!) tongue.gif

Sorry for wasting the space, please feel free to delete/close this thread happy.gif

No-one said it was a waste. And I take it back about the fishies - I forgot I have flash blocked by default. They ARE lovely biggrin.gif I have sent them to my granddaughter !

But people WILL find your stuff way better by clicking on your www link than by having to trawl for you in a thread which could have THOUSANDS of posts if everyone chipped in. Your website is beautifully arranged - PLUG THAT ! encourage others to make them if they want to share likewise.

I have to agree with olympe about that wishlist thread - I used to post in it - but I could never find my OWN post to modify it, and when I would finally manage - well, it's WAY back in the thread - do I delete and bump or... Most people seem to just add a new one at the end instead - and it grows and grows. I put my urgent needs in my sig, these days. (note to anyone who immediately looks and feels kind - not today please; I am almost locked and am expecting an egg from someone ! xd.png)

You can fit rather a lot if you use a site to make the URLs shorter and use smallish graphics. It's large URLs (that eat up the characters) and large graphics (that eat up the physical space) that are the limiting factors in sig design.

But for the most part, I don't think people really care enough about all the things that might be linked to to actually follow a link to a thread post containing dozens of links. (since I doubt anyone who doesn't have dozens of things to link would use it)

Like others have said, there's nothing stopping you from making such a thread in GD. It doesn't actually need to be stickied for it to function, it just needs to be there.