Gryffi

Tales of Ostlea -Updated May 28, 2019

user posted image

"Ostlea is a thriving country of magic. It was founded many years ago by people driven out of their own countries, whether it be because of corrupt government or war. As the country grew, the various temperatures and assorted areas in the country proved to help it. Some areas are blazing hot from roasting in the sun, while other areas are freezing cold from the frigid snow that descends. Then there is everything in between; jungles full of life, vast bodies of water, and caves glowing with riches such as gold and silver. Living in these areas are creatures that are just as unique-if not more than-their habitats. The creatures have proven themselves extremely helpful in the growth of Ostlea. As such, many citizens of Ostlea raise various creatures to help with daily life, or to simply just have fun with!"

Welcome! Tales of Ostlea is an adoptable click site where you raise creatures!

What We Offer
- 6 biomes, each of which offers a unique variety of creatures to collect

- On-site library that provides information on each creature, as well as other fun lore-related things!

- On-site nursery that your creatures are automatically added in to receive clicks from other users

- Currency (silver) that can be used to purchase from a variety of on-site shops

- A friendly community/staff team

Things That Are Coming to Ostlea

- Battling system

- Summonable adopts

- Mini games

Examples of On-site Artwork and Creatures

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Credits:

Banner - Kristhasirah

Forest Draught - Infinis

Royal-Winged ray - Amphyrre

Glacial Ailura - Spatio

Crimson Avari - skwerl56767 & Spatio

Hellspawn Jelly - Infinis

Fenn - Infinis

Edited by Gryffi

30731afc8779fb41547eafb4ca205aaf.png
Banner by MonstrHugger

Every year between the dates of May 28th and June 10th a thick layer of strange magic descends on our beautiful country of Ostlea, and with it comes something truly wonderful: the Spring Eggstravaganza!
During this event, you'll be sent on a scavenger hunt and have the opportunity to craft three shelled creatures from past years and our brand new Shelled Tortoises! Please do keep in mind you'll only be able to craft one of each every half hour, we do need to give some time for that magic to work, don't we? :wink:

57d1a1d7cec05c4a4958092fb12ecd21.png
"It's a lump of clay... It seems to be surrounded by a magical aura."
This creature CAN be fed.

Head over to the Spring Festival page to get started!

Reminders!

-With the start of the Festival so begins the Shelled breeding season, all previous crafted Shelled creatures will once again produce their own species from now until June 10th. This includes "retired" species.

-As happens every year, one of our old Shellies has "retired" from the Festival. Shelled Sheeplets have moved over to the Menagerie to join the Shelled Duckles where you can still buy them for the price of 1 crystal.
-Paint, Paintbrushes and Gemdust are all non-consumable items, you'll only need to collect them once during the event.

Credits:

Spoiler

Shelled Spiders: Gryffi & xxBurningxx
Paintbrush Sprite: ZioCorvid
Paints Sprite: Amphyrre & ZioCorvid
Gemdust Sprite: Rhynn
Eggshells Sprite: Rhynn
Flowers Sprite: Kristhasirah
Feather Sprite: Wilhelm
Clay Sprite: Amphyrre
Hints: Debri & ewe
Moss Sprite: Rhynn
Broken Item Sprites: UserofShadows
Item Descriptions: Debri & Gryffi

And a special thank you to ewe for coding both the original event!

Hint Help
*Spoilers ahead, please avoid if you don't want the riddle answers!*

Spoiler

642e7d0af43335c54c33cd8b2f2c1133.png
Paintbrush
Hint: First, you're going to need some brushes. I've seen studious types using brushes somewhere around here before, but I can't recall where.
Answer: The view all section of the Library

7bff7fd01b37943421e8b30ba9202424.png
Paints
Hint:Next, you'll need some paint. Perhaps you can borrow some from prospective traders.
Answer: Trading Post

4ca362e740686574d5dd5c0ce0f12ae1.png
Gemdust
Hint: Lastly, to make things really sparkle you'll need some gem dust. Gembats are pretty messy eaters, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Answer: Mystic Caverns

b1ca4c26e128b38d622dcbcd91669176.png
Eggshells
Hint: I'm open day and night, and serve a dual purpose as well. I help Ostlean creatures grow and reward you for helping me do so.
Answer: The Nursery *Please note: This item is only obtainable by clicking, not merely visiting*

15d52cfcb5341b7a8b56d32aa65022c9.png
Flowers
Hint: In my biome, I am sustained with humidity and rain. My colors may attract you but beware. They also attract other inhabitants that are not so friendly.
Answer: Lyzta's Jungle *Please note: This item functions the same as junk items, you may need to refresh a few times to obtain it!*

79c500480cb1de56af276f1316700c81.png
Feathers
Hint: If a tree falls in my biome, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Answer: Elegema Forest *Please note: This item functions the same as junk items, you may need to refresh a few times to obtain it!*

fd786e9bd57895a8c81dd503473bf21c.png
Moss
Hint: You'll find me in a place of stone, where silence shrouds the ground. Search through the empty names, and finally, I'll be found. 
Answer: Grave digging in the Sintera Tombs or by trading flowers

7a97eaef1aa5516e6da853bf3a9da7e4.png
Clay
Hint: If you are a homeless creature in Ostlea, you may find yourself here.
Answer: The Castle Ruins

Questions? Comments? Post here! But please remember, bug reports and glitches need to be reported in the help section or through a private message to Gryffi or this account.

Edited by Gryffi

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Oooh, new thread! :3 hehe And thank you Gryffi for the rock, I shall name it Pebble tongue.gif

Light Concorde, I know how you feel. *pokes Will o the wisp egg to hatch it faster*

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Psst. Try steak. wink.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by xxBurningxx

Someone please help with these bunnies so I can get a pet rock....user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Gave them clicks :3 Also, they can be fed now so you can feed them steak if you want to hatch them (you only need to hatch 1 or 2 to make room for the rock, I believe) :3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Yay got a rock...and one bunny because I ran out of steak xd.png.

Thanks xxBurningxx, I wasn't aware you can actually feed EGGS lmao.

Nah, not feed. Just beat with steaks until they hatch biggrin.gif

---

Gryff Rock

user posted image

oOooh new thread!

All growing creatures:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Wish I had a chance to grab more little bunnies though sad.gif

Nah, not feed. Just beat with steaks until they hatch  biggrin.gif

The sign of perfect motherly love! lol

--

Whoever left all the rat eggs in the ruins, thank you very much.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thanks for the heads-up, Gryffi! And xxBurningxx, thanks for the recommendations on the steak! I'm stockpiling them now. smile.gif

Edited by purpledragonclaw