~!~

DC Currency

Agreeing with the 3 above posts. Cave hunting is no more important than any other type of egg gathering. rolleyes.gif I am intrigued by in-game currency being added to the site, but I don't think this idea does it for me if your aim is to "inconvenience" certain play styles.

I used to go to chat every weekend and breed my golds and silvers to give away. Then folk started expecting it and got upset when I didn't show up. And if I had a bad day breeding they'd get upset about that too. So what started out as fun and something that made me feel good became a chore and a source of frustration, so I quit DC for six months.

When I returned I decided to breed only for myself unless someone requested something directly. I've been doing it like that since I returned, and my game is much less frustrating.

Back on topic... after further consideration, I think that any currency system should be linked directly to the Store function, and not to be considered separately.

Also, your statement that the CB Golds are available to everyone is over stating the matter a lot. Almost all the CB Golds go to the same set of users, because they have the reflexes and internet and time. Having less bred won't change that: the CB Golds will still mostly go to the fast clickers with time and internet speed.

There are many, many users who ONLY have bred Golds... from users who gift and trade bred Golds.

Cheers!

C4.

*sigh* shoulda made the thread myself,

this thread has almost gone to the drakes

rare breeding or any breeding at all for that matter, should not be affected, unless common breeding yeilds a smaller(sorry forgot the ER earlier) amount of gold for helping the ratios but not the biomes

no penalties

only rewards, commons would reward the most to give them more reason to be grabbed

rares reward the least to none if its bad enough, but rares are a reward in themselves so its probably not that huge of an issue

This was initially about biome movement and economy, not a grudge match thread over golds being rare and breeders wanting to lineage make with a pretty dragon, thats half of DCs appeal.

rares are gonna stay rare either way, the golds where made to be rare, the silvers where made to be slightly less rare, the trios even less so.

even if some rares are stupidly and unrewardinly rare, there is a thread for that already.

Edited by blockEdragon

The point was not about rares specifically, though that was the example being given, but about treating bred eggs differently than cave eggs, as if cave eggs are superior in some way.

For example, giving a significant amount of gold for picking up a blocker in the cave, but giving none for breeding a blocker of that same breed. You aren't treating all eggs the same but discriminating against breeding. That I have a problem with.

The point was not about rares specifically, though that was the example being given, but about treating bred eggs differently than cave eggs, as if cave eggs are superior in some way.

For example, giving a significant amount of gold for picking up a blocker in the cave, but giving none for breeding a blocker of that same breed. You aren't treating all eggs the same but discriminating against breeding. That I have a problem with.

Exactly. It has to be a level playing field - for players and for dragons. A BBW is a BBW - wherever it came from - and should earn the same points for whatever it gets up to as the blockiest of blockers.

I too want this (well I don't much, but ...) ONLY if it is tied to the store.

I don't agree that bred blockers should be treated exactly the same as CB blockers. They both help with the ratios, but taking the CB egg does something that breeding an egg doesn't: it moves the biomes. Because taking a CB egg does something extra to benefit things, it should have a slightly higher reward.

(not that I actually agree with this suggestion, I'm not a fan of any trade-able currency.)

The store idea, unlike this one, has a pretty level playing field. You get the same amount of regular points per egg no matter how it's obtained or what breed. The bonus points only kick in for certain chosen breeds raised on your scroll, no matter where they're from. I find that very much preferable to the way this is laid out.

I really want DC Currency. I've no problems if initially is only linked to the store. One step at the time, starting with what could be easily accepted nowadays. There's nothing stopping us to from requesting, afterwards, to go the next step and use DC Currency for trades.