TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

They drop in all biomes and you have to be quick and looking for This translucent egg shines like starlight.

Okay our growing hatchlings are corporeal and maybe they have to eat and drink and so on until they are adults and up from then on they no longer need to eat or drink or even breath?

Oh, Odeen we want to know everything about this otherwordly beings.

They drop in all biomes and you have to be quick and looking for This translucent egg shines like starlight.

Thank you. I wish I had known about these beautiful babies sooner.

Odeen, these are magnificent! wub.gif the color, the design, everything about these guys is amazing! I don't think I've loved a dragon this much since the Falconiforms and the Decepis.

Hopefully you are aware of the default sprite for the Celestial Dragons. TJ09's are actually in there corporeal form.

I didn't see where she was bashing anyone. Just having a laugh at the progression every single new release goes through. And as she said, not just in this game. *shrug*

EDIT: Guardian, they are in all the biomes. They jut get grabbed quickly. The eggs change at the top of the hour and every 5 minutes after that (unless someone grabs one, in which case another egg replaces it). I hope that helps!

I never seem to be in the biomes when the new eggs are there. T_T

I'll definitely be throwing some 2nd gens of whatever these produce into the departure thread when my adults grow up later. Not really a fan of their jaws/chins, so I won't be actively pursuing many more CBs for my scroll. I will be spreading the love though since I want to explore their multiclutching ability to its fullest extent. laugh.gif

Oooh, their corporeal forms are also so pretty! smile.gif

And they're definitely still dropping, I saw several of them during 5 min marks. Good luck to all hunters!

Edited by stagazer_7

Odeen did a fantastic job with these sprites! I love all of them, with a slight preference for the semi-transparent ethereal forms (which is good, because that is how they will show up 3/4 of the time).

8 hours until I have some adults...

thanks to a kind member I was able to get a hatchie in the departures thread, because I've only seen one in the cave. These things are going crazy fast. blink.gif

O wow their 'darker' forms are also very pretty!

My eggs finally hatched! Can't wait to have the adults <3

Those dragons are AMAZING.

dangit will you just drop more eggs

EDIT: YES! It was named a Celestial dragon.

(I seriously missed this egg AND a paper?!)

Edited by DanielDragonist

WOOOOT! Finally caught one! wub.gif These thing are not easy to grab. ^^;

I freezed one of my hatchies, it gained the BSA so I played with it. I thought it would ask for my password, like the rest of the actions. Granted, it is a two step procedure, but still I think there should be a warning before you click "Continue". Now I have to wait 16 hours for my first adult! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Basic Anatomy:

Celestial dragons are massive, solidly-built creatures that are every bit as physically imposing as they appear. In their corporeal form their dense hide feels like suede to the touch, with regular patterns of bioluminescent blue markings on a field of midnight-purple, all of which fades to a ghostly, transparent blue when the dragon phases out. They develop a distinctive jawline and bony horns as they age; a shapely jaw and large, symmetrical horns are thought to advertise an individual's superior health and fitness to potential mates. They have large, expansive wings well-adapted to soaring for long periods of time at high altitudes. While incorporeal, their bodies can pass straight through object and organism alike, causing a sensation of walking through a warm draft of air, though doing so intentionally is considered in poor taste.

Behavior:

Celestials are intelligent, frighteningly powerful practitioners of magic. Because they spend the vast majority of their existence in an ethereal, invulnerable state, however, they are peaceful, patient creatures that customarily have no fear of predators or concern for territorial threats offered by other organisms. They seem to show aggression only when guarding their young, which are helpless until they grow strong enough to become incorporeal themselves. Once they do so, they will only resume their physical form in order to breed or when grievous illness leaves them too weak to use their own magic any longer. They are exceptionally hard to see in their incorporeal form during the day, giving rise to a mistaken assumption that they are purely nocturnal; in fact, they seem to show no preference for day or night, and simply sleep whenever the mood strikes them. Celestial dragons are nomadic and predominantly solitary, able to cross vast distances without landing. Despite this, they maintain a healthy, structured social life, forming and maintaining lasting bonds with others of their kind by congregating in small groups at ideal basking areas and engaging in animated philosophical debates. They have never been known to have disputes over territory or differences of opinion; if a celestial tires of her present company, she simply moves on.

Diet:

Celestial dragons do not eat solid food, so they need not corporealize to feed. Most of the cells in a Celestial dragon's body, both internal and external, are light-sensitive and photosynthetic, allowing them to feed quite efficiently in their celestial form even on dim starlight. When preparing to breed, both male and female Celestials will spend large swaths of the day basking lazily in the sunlight in order to stockpile energy.

Habitat:

Celestial dragons seem capable of withstanding any climate as long as the area has enough clear-sky weather to facilitate their need to bask.

Such pretty drawings, and what a cool design. I really love how they've "ascended" to the point that they can be super chill about everything, simply because nothing can touch them.

Thanks for the awesome release!

Thanks for the information! I really love these dragons and cannot wait to have my own adults. Very beautiful design.

Diet:

Celestial dragons do not eat solid food, so they need not corporealize to feed. Most of the cells in a Celestial dragon's body, both internal and external, are light-sensitive and photosynthetic, allowing them to feed quite efficiently in their celestial form even on dim starlight. When preparing to breed, both male and female Celestials will spend large swaths of the day basking lazily in the sunlight in order to stockpile energy.

So they DO eat "light" snacks...

Both versions are lovely and i look forward to lineages. Thanks, Odeen, and TJ for another wonderful dragon

Edited by ainisarie

Is there a breeding lineage thread for these? Couldn't find it in site discussion.

Oh 15 hours till I have my first adult, looks like forever. I'm glad I will sleep at least 8 of those hours. This dragon is amazing, incredible good job, Odeen. You are still my favorite artist, your dragons always amaze me. smile.gif

Basic Anatomy:

(...) While incorporeal, their bodies can pass straight through object and organism alike, (...)

Behavior:

Celestials are intelligent, frighteningly powerful practitioners of magic.

(...) their young, which are helpless until they grow strong enough to become incorporeal themselves.

Their young must grow strong enough to become incorporeal and to master magic so that they can ignore these pesky laws of physics (gravity and absence of air friction). This allows them to stay in place when they sleep. Otherwise, those that are not so good at magic could be surprised to wake up lost in space or deep inside the core of one of the moons of Valkemare after taking a nap. laugh.gif

Edited by Bugzilla

Odeen - DID you base them on Auriga ?

Odeen - DID you base them on Auriga ?

No, they're not based on any single constellation.

No, they're not based on any single constellation.

nice avatar btw

also not regarding the avatar xd.png

i'm totally hoarding these (DON'T JUDGE MEH)

they look lovely, might look nice with male silvers (why did i ever influence any of my Cb silvers to be female?!) or perhaps thalassas

maybe just maybe flamingo wyverns to

and sunsongs

Edited by blockEdragon

Thank you, Odeen, for the great description and the fantastic artwork. I think with the multi clutch, I'll try for an army of at least 1,000. biggrin.gif