TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I'm somehow persuaded that this is a real release - unless Dragon Cave wikia is April Fooling us. Why? According to the wikia, the Nebulae were released on April first, 2010. The Nebulae alts were released on April first, 2011. Considering the appearance of the eggs and hatchlings, doesn't alien and "galactic" come to mind? Maybe they are really Celestial. unsure.gifblink.gif

I love to be right tongue.gif

Spectacular release. Thank you so much Odeen and TJ.

Mine are hatchlings now. biggrin.gif I had a dream about these guys, and what their BSA was (they would 'charge' up, and then change different colors and patterns, and were the only dragon in the cave with an animated sprite), but it's probably completely wrong. xd.png My dreams are weird.

Still courious abotu the constellation.

And has Odeen also made the concept by herself? I think so but it cannot hurt too much to ask.

Aegis was my first thought about a potential breeding mate, but only in the true form of the Aegis (peaceful). Not sure about an enraged Aegis and a Celestial Dragon. unsure.gif

I've had the name Ad Astra for years and boyyyyy am I glad I saved it way back when. tongue.gif Couldn't have been anything more perfect.

I think the chins looks rather distinguished, can't see why some people are complaining. I can't wait to see the corporeal forms, though, those are going to be beautiful.

You like it, some people don't. It's not really complaining, it's different opinions. That's all. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions. I really hate how people who have a different opinion are labeled as whiners or complainers. Not everyone likes the same things.

Now, overall I think these are nice dragons. I'm not fond of the chins. It's just not my thing. They are hard to make out on light backrounds. But on a dark backround they really do pop. Too bad they blend into the default skin. I'm not sure I'll going to do much with these guys, the concept is neat but I don't know, a bit much, IMO.

I didn't realize that bump was their chin. I interpreted their faces as duck-billed (like some of the dinosaurs) and they had a nasal ridge. I thought the chin was just the end of the bill...

I'd love to hear what everyone is naming theirs!  The possibilities are nigh-endless for puns, astronomical references, and general creativity... biggrin.gif

I somehow got Constellated and Constellatus for my first pair O.o but 3 of my other 4 hatchlings were named with this weekend's camping trip in mind - my buddies and I all admired the stars, so it was awesome to come back and see these beauties waiting for me hehe happy.gif the 4th was named after a starshower I saw when visiting my grandparents last.

Just my little tidbit! Can't wait til mine grow to test out the breeding.

I kind of like the chin, it's unique. The blockiness makes them look like great chunks of ice.

Still no S2 hatchies, but I got some cool names (IMO): Stars are out tonight, Dancing out in space (both David Bowie songs wub.gif), Ethereal Stars, Space 0ddity, and Ring of Debris xd.png

Named my four S2 hatchlings. biggrin.gif King of Celestial Spirits, Queen of Celestial Spirits, Thespas the King of Spirit, and Thespas the Queen of Spirit lol. Not so original as other people's but it works for me since I keep thinking of them as spirit dragons what with the whole corporeal and incorporeal thing like spirits. xd.png The Thespas name is a name of one of my OC for my books so NO STEALING. dry.gif

I cannot wait to get adults and see the corporeal forms. biggrin.gif

I didn't realize that bump was their chin. I interpreted their faces as duck-billed (like some of the dinosaurs) and they had a nasal ridge. I thought the chin was just the end of the bill...

Oh my... now I can't unsee it. xd.png

Beautiful dragons. Wonderful job, Odeen! I love the male one, especially, seems to be more majestic looking somehow.

Edited by andromedae

No, Really, Other Animals Don't Have Chins

Only human beens have chins. Animals have only jaws.

Does it really matter? These are fantasy creatures, in a world filled with all sorts of extraterrestrial species. Who (besides TJ, of course) knows where Valkemarian evolution led its organisms? While we do base our dragons on earth life anatomy, we are free to pick and choose from various species; we as artists have the ability to combine features from all sorts of creatures.

I don't mind that people dislike that the new release has a chin, but to claim that it shouldn't be there based purely on real-life animals is a bit silly. Fantasy is fantasy.

Protruding chins aren't really a feature I'm fond of, and if every dragon had them I'd be like "nyehhh", but I don't mind them too much on these guys and certain others.

I love how the adults look, I'm soooo excited to see the physical forms! Great job on these guys, Odie! :3

I like the chins, they add character.

Odeen is a name-we-can-count-on. Beautiful sprites, as usual.

Does it really matter? These are fantasy creatures, in a world filled with all sorts of extraterrestrial species. Who (besides TJ, of course) knows where Valkemarian evolution led its organisms? While we do base our dragons on earth life anatomy, we are free to pick and choose from various species; we as artists have the ability to combine features from all sorts of creatures.

I don't mind that people dislike that the new release has a chin, but to claim that it shouldn't be there based purely on real-life animals is a bit silly. Fantasy is fantasy.

I'm not saying that the dragon have a chin, it's quite the opposite. Many people are complaining about the dragon "chin" and I don't even see a chin in this dragon, because animals don't have chins, they have only jaws. What I see is a square jaw.

All DC dragons are based in real creatures, they are not pure fantasy, I wish, pure fantasy would be much better.

Edited by danicast