TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

What happened to the awesome black and blue design they had? sad.gif

Very disappointed....I mean how they look is nice but I was really looking forward to seeing the awesome design they had before as hatchlings as adults.

I know they have another form BSA or something like that I think? So hopefully it will look like the blue and black design it had.

Well, the BSA will make them into the dark ones but they say it's for just 7 days with a 30 days cooldown... meaning most of the time they'll be ethereal (bright)

I wish they were like Aegis and kept the form you BSA them into:(

is it just me or 99% of dimorphism adults females have uglier or larger faces? sad.gif Male's face is so much better on Celestials too... I feel like the female's head is larger and the chin is longer...meh

But otherwise well done and pretty, just this female's head..^^; again, female's.... if only her chin was a bit shorter and the bottom lip less lip-like:P

Edited by VixenDra

I don't really like the white/bright blue versions tbh,the darker colors fit them so much better.

is it just me or 99% of dimorphism adults females have uglier or larger faces? sad.gif Male's face is so much better on Celestials too... I feel like the female's head is larger and the chin is longer...meh

But otherwise well done and pretty, just this female's head..^^; again, female's.... if only her chin was a bit shorter and the bottom lip less lip-like:P

It's just you. I like the females better. In a lot of the breeds I like the females more than males, or I like them equally. Oh course sometimes the males look nicer too. I think it's pretty even honestly.

While these guys are nice they are too light. They are a bit hard to make out, but I am not changing to portal back round. I like the darker back rounds but I don't like portal. I wish they would take the darker form more often than not, I love the colors on the hatchlings.

Edited by annageckos

I like the fact that i stick to my beloved Blackout skin and they are great on that grey background.

Is it just me, or is the constellation on the male and the female both the same constellation? blink.gif

Sad to see that awesome black and blue design go. I realize it may return for awhile with the BSA but eh, not sure it's worth constantly using it just to see that design. Thanks for a new dragon on an April's Fool anyway.

Oh my gosh, I love the adults. And they do look different from the (unfrozen) hatchlings. So glad these guys did not turn out to be an April Fool's joke and vanish from our scrolls. Thank you, TJ and Odeen.

I love them! Can't wait to see the other form!

They look so pretty! I have only managed to catch one so far, I hope I will be able to get another at least to form a pair. smile.gif At least they did not disappear!

Any thoughts on their rarity yet?

Edit: 2 minutes later I managed to get a second one! I should have posted earlier ahaha.

Edited by KakashiMorph

No, I think you're right, the chin is too prominent (on either male or female, tbh). They look a bit cartoonish that way, but maybe that's intentional. And I also loved the darker hatchies. Still, that transparent look of the adults is something special.

I think I gotta agree to a point with everyone else on the "missing the dark blue color" when the bsa isn't in effect, however, I'm a real sucker for things that are Silvery and White in color so I'm not really too upset about the starry white one being the more prominent colorscheme. <3

I'm fine with them otherwise, but I agree on the chin. I can't take a prominent underbite seriously.

Not what I was expecting for a celestial-themed dragon, but not a bad release. I do like the transparency effect (though maybe a different base color would've blended a little better), and the description is really cool.

Hopefully we'll get more of these types of dragons in the future, because I'm just a sucker for the starry ones.

Renlacarne

*mumbles* nightlight bright light, sweet dreams I bestow, sleep tight all night, forever I will glow

So pretty

I hope I quoted right never did that before. Writing these replies feels almost like I'm coding for the first time (I never coded before. Not super big into computers)

I like the adult male Sprite but the adult female sprite looks odd. And I know it's her chin.... I feel like she should be sleeker or at least just her head. She looks quite odd to me and she doesn't appeal to me that much...

These dragons are absolutely gorgeous! I cannot wait to catch more hopefully.

What if the prank is that they stay light blue despite using the BSA on them? rolleyes.gif

I do really like the sprites, except for those chins! Not a fan of bulldog-chinned dragons - just looks too weird.

ETA: Pretty funny that practically everyone who whited out their text said almost the same things - over and over rolleyes.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

Every release seems to follow a common plot:

Stage one: New! Shiny! Gimme gimme!!!

Stage two: Cannot find (enough) it's not fair, whine!!

Stage three: Hatched! Shiny! Gimme gimme!! Profuse effusive over-the-top thanx to the cosmos!!

Stage four: Impatience! Conspiracy theories! Nothing is fair!

Stage five: Has too many. Descriptive reasons not to like. No longer interested.

Seriously. And not just this game, sadly.

Personal opinion of the new dergs: I live that the female has such a dignified, regal pose. I love her heavy jaw line. I love that she wasn't "feminized"...she's a DRAGON. They're, to me, glorious. The female seems to me to be truly gazing at the stars, with her chin tilted out in a proud way. Much love!

EDIT: cause autocorrupt.

Edited by PaintdGryphon

IT'S REAL!

One of my eggs hatched and it's BEAUTIFUL!!

Also has anyone played Terraria before? Does the hatchling look a little bit like those creatures you fight before the Moon Lord? The Celestial Beings or something?

I'm so excited to see these little guys grow up.