TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Finally got my 8th of these! I have 3 from the jungle and one from every other biome. Now I am happily locked with 6 of these Celestial eggs and one Tsunami.

I am super anxious to see the adults! And even more anxious to have some of us players get adults so we can find out what is up with BSA and breeding and all that stuff. biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ and Odeen for a wild April Fools ride!

This certainly has been a fun drop, slightly reminiscent of the original Vampire drop in a way laugh.gif

I see no reason why the adults won't gain the BSA once they mature, as normal.

My biggest regret is not being able to keep one of these gorgeous eggs on scroll sad.gif

Well done on the artwork and TJ, so far. And I'm sure the adults will be just as lovely!

Huh. I got an egg t 3:54 PM PDT. Luck!

Beautiful dragons nonetheless. I wonder if they're gonna be called Celestials...

So excited to see the adults~ and to have mine gender soonish. I've grabbed myself an 8th CB to complete my set, but I don't know what I'll need to influence it yet. xd.png

Been searching for 6 hours already have not caught anything ;-; I really hate being in the middle of no where with a slow phone because I can't catch anything xd.png I really am too slow for these eggs and I really want more. I cannot wait to see the adults though.

The difference between catching these at my house and at work is like night and day. I manage to finish off the March releases and get 9 of these new ones. The 9th one is an extra and will probably just be gifted out once its cooldown is up.

I think I am done for today.

The AP catches were terrific too! I miss two gold hatchies!

I have 2 hatchling and 3 eggs (2 should hatch tomorrow) of the new ones.

One nicely bred hellhorse and a CB tan ridgewing from the AP.

Am sooo close to silver scroll which would have helped but still am very happy with my catches. biggrin.gif

Happy hunting. Can't wait to see what happens yet. The last couple of weeks have been wild.

How do you set up a computer just to catch these eggs?

If you have windows:

First, I look for the Biome with the least amount of people (less competiton), and wait for an 1:00 hr or 0:05 min drop.

I usually have my left pinky (or right depending on what handed you are) pressed down on the Ctrl button, so when I click, it sends the egg to a new tab.

Then, I press F5 to refresh the page.

So it goes: F5 --> Ctrl + Click Egg --> F5 --> Ctrl + Click Egg --> F5 --> Ctrl + Click Egg --> F5 --> Repeat.

Then, check all the new tabs after 3-5 tries (depending how many I want to catch.)

It, usually, works for me.

What if the joke is that the adult form is going to be some super ugly dragon?

If so, that makes me want this dragon so much more.

Interesting breed. I like how we've been getting dragons with weird BSAs, sprite changes, and breeding rules this past year.

Shokomon, it's even easier if you use Ctrl R to refresh, that way you don't have to let up on the ctrl button (since ctrl F5 is a hard refresh and not the best idea when hunting).

For me I noticed that just randomly switching biomes between the 5 minute drops were also yielding eggs. Not maybe as many but easier to catch. I think maybe people are on but not refeshing so they don't see those eggs. I caught 1 that way but saw maybe 3-4 more over about an hour.

They are dropping. One minute ago, at 8:10 PM DC time, three new eggs dropped on Volcano.

I usually click using my scroll wheel since it basically functions as a CTRL + Click. happy.gif It's also a bit easier on my hand while hunting for extended periods of time.

8 hours to go~ ...that's pretty far away. xd.png So close yet so far.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Happily egg locked with 6 more new eggs and one Chrono Xenowyrm. Whoop!

They are definitely still dropping and at what I consider a pretty good rate. For those who haven't caught them yet, don't get discouraged. I would be surprised if these turn out to be rare considering how many are still dropping nearly two days out from the release.

I had the best luck catching them on the five minute drops -- the hourly drop has way too much lag. The trick is to refresh as close as possible to the time the biome refreshes. I usually just wait until about 30 seconds before the drop is due and start refreshing as fast as my computer will let me. Best to pick one of the biomes with the fewest other people in it so you will have less competition. Bouncing between the biomes between the drops will sometimes yield a surprise new egg, too. The most important thing is to keep trying. It took me several hours today to catch one, but that was mostly because I wanted my last one from a specific biome. I have seen them at almost every 5 minute drop and sometimes there were two at a drop.

I would be surprised if these turn out to be rare considering how many are still dropping nearly two days out from the release.

There are a couple of considerations to take in account. The flood this time was very short. When the flood is long, eggs do not show up a lot afterwards. If it is short, they are reasonably available on the days after. Basically: we do not know. I would guess that they will be at minimum uncommon, probably rare, due to demand. Maybe a Xeno-like rarity.

They are not rare. I have a theory about the breeding mechanics and that's requires at least 4 dragons to work. People will have to collect those in big quantities so it can't be rare.

They are not rare. I have a theory about the breeding mechanics and that's requires at least 4 dragons to work. People will have to collect those in big quantities so it can't be rare.

I do not know your theory but, so far, it would seem that they could breed multiple eggs, maybe multi clutches, when they are corporeal, one week on, one month off.So there would be no need for 4 dragons. All considerations apart, how many times were we told that a breed wasn't going to be rare and ended being rare because of the demand?

I agree with these new releases being uncommon rather than rare. I think it would be cool if they were rare, but since they are still dropping at a somewhat constant rate, I doubt they'll be too hard to get, especially with people collecting them in batches of four, five, seven, etc. I would be convinced that they really are rare if everyone was complaining about how hard they are to obtain.

I do not know your theory but, so far, it would seem that they could breed multiple eggs, maybe multi clutches, when they are corporeal, one week on, one month off.So there would be no need for 4 dragons. All considerations apart, how many times were we told that a breed wasn't going to be rare and ended being rare because of the demand?

I can't test my theory yet, I don't have adults. dry.gif

I agree with these new releases being uncommon rather than rare. I think it would be cool if they were rare, but since they are still dropping at a somewhat constant rate, I doubt they'll be too hard to get, especially with people collecting them in batches of four, five, seven, etc. I would be convinced that they really are rare if everyone was complaining about how hard they are to obtain.

At the same time, we have people that got none or are saying that they are very hard to get. ON this same thread. Time will tell. Cliches apart, as said earlier, I'm guessing uncommon but I would not be surprised if they were to become rare because many of us want them: they are quite different from everything we ever got.

At the same time, we have people that got none or are saying that they are very hard to get. ON this same thread. Time will tell. Cliches apart, as said earlier, I'm guessing uncommon but I would not be surprised if they were to become rare because many of us want them: they are quite different from everything we ever got.

There is a big difference between "rare" and "on demand". "Rare" is when you spend a whole hour hunting and not one single egg drops. "On demand" is when you spend a whole hour hunting but have to fight to get your 7 eggs because there is too many people hunting them. So far, The Celestials fit in the second case, on demand. I just got my 7th egg and completed a second batch. They are dropping every 5 minutes, they are just on demand.

I don't get why some people can't get them. I know there are slow connections, but mine is pretty lame (just 10 MB bandwidth), and despite I was not on when they started dropping, I caught mine without much trouble.

I usually jump between biomes instead of refreshing.

There is a big difference between "rare" and "on demand". "Rare" is when you spend a whole hour hunting and not one single egg drops. "On demand" is when you spend a whole hour hunting but have to fight to get your 7 eggs because there is too many people hunting them. So far, The Celestials fit in the second case, on demand. I just got my 7th egg and completed a second batch. They are dropping every 5 minutes, they are just on demand.

Everything is relative. People do not "see" CB Golds or CB Silvers or Almandines dropping. They still drop since they are in scrolls. Furthermore, we're looking at the situation as it is right now, two days after the flood, probably "balancing ratios" if that makes any sense. I've no idea how they will drop next week. Glad you are so sure about everything. I do not. I'm a spectator and will wait a few weeks before forming an opinion.