TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Are these guys still dropping? smile.gif

If so, what biome, and what's the egg description?

Thanks!

All biomes. "This translucent egg shines like starlight."

Ok my final thought on this is that what we are all doing is his April Fools day joke.

He has us spending all this time theorizing about what is probably a normal release  laugh.gif

My hopes exatly...

and um, alt? But alts don't work this way? They are permanently alt or not alt...^^;

But would be cool if they had an Aegis kind of BSA (for ALL stages) that changes the color/variant for as long as you don't use a reverse BSA:P But the way it was bright for 10 mins also doesn't look like Aegis release... the 1st time we could see the enraged was after they grew up...

Anyway, let's just wait xd.png at least I will.

Edited by VixenDra

I just noticed that the blue bits on the hatchlings are where a lot of movement would take place. Like the connections of the wings and forelegs, and the face and tail. I'm wondering if it's not like their dark scales peel off or something. Perhaps an excess layer due to cosmic radiation?

I captured and Influenced my pair.

I'm betting the April Fools Part of the release is they are not outright flooding the cave so you have to work a little harder for them at the start.

Or perhaps something like the Lumina? That's more of a passive effect? I think I read someone say something about the egg changing color briefly too, but I didn't see that.

Yeah, that could be an option. Probably going to be something we haven't seen before though, which is pretty exciting (If this isn't an April fools that is tongue.gif)

I captured and Influenced my pair.

I'm betting the April Fools Part of the release is they are not outright flooding the cave so you have to work a little harder for them at the start.

They're suspiciously easy to grab though... especially as for a new release that started mixing so soon... idk, strange:P

I got excited when I saw this - the dragons look awesome - then I realized what day it is...... It this for real? I sure hope so..... smile.gif

Those hatchies are love! I'm sorry I have to be out all day and can't watch this all unfold.

Personally I am beginning to think that the joke is just that we all think the release is the joke, but it isn't. blink.gif

I refuse to give up any of the eggs on my scroll (I never do for a new release) and won't have any more hatch until tonight, so we'll see what is going on then.

Another Odeen creation? Nice! One of my favorite artists.

They're suspiciously easy to grab though... especially as for a new release that started mixing so soon... idk, strange:P

I knew I wasn't the only one! When sapphires were released they were hard to grab even when flooding. These are so easy to get! How would TJ even program that though...

I'm kinda torn on the whole "breedable or not" scenario. unsure.gif

On one hand, having another unbreedable is kinda ehhh unless they reproduce like the Vamps, which I quite like the idea of.

But on the other hand, I want these to breedable because they look like they would be gorgeous partners for Black Marrows, Shadow Walkers and Caligenes...

They might just be easier to grab because the timing of this release took people by surprise so there are fewer people around to compete, plus the fact that it IS April 1 and some people are just going to say "nope!", assuming anything happening today can't be real.

All biomes. "This translucent egg shines like starlight."

All biomes? No way.

I only see regular dragons everywhere but Alpine .-. Where I see no dragon at all .-.

Edit: Oh no.. They're mixed up with other dragons D:

Edited by Ylvanne

Ughhhhhh, I really hope these are permanent because they're SO PRETTY. *__*

(Also yay for a release time that wasn't US targeted/specific! I miss the days of random midnight releases; that was 3-5pm for me and perfect for hunting. Now it only happens on holiday releases, which are always stupidly easy to grab anyway.)

This release has me nervous. I want to believe they're real but the circumstances are saying otherwise... : (

wait for the 5-minute drop wink.gif

It seems to only (mostly) fall in Alpine right no, but it dropped everywhere at first

All biomes? No way.

I only see regular dragons everywhere but Alpine .-. Where I see no dragon at all .-.

They're in all biomes, just intermingled with normal dragon eggs. When they were first released all the biomes were completely empty except for split seconds around the 5 minute marks.

Those eggs look really cool. smile.gif Picked up two...let's see how it'll go...if they are a joke or real.

Now waiting for my other eggs to hatch, so I can try to grab some more.

All biomes? No way.

I think it's because Alpine in general moves faster and other biomes have much more cave-blocking breeds than Alpine.

When I was hunting after 6am DC time, I grabbed 4/5 of mine in the Jungle... All biomes were getting emptied. This was like the beginning of mixing I guess?

But after 7am, as far as I've seen, they were mixing even more and other biomes got easly stuck with caveblockers (nearly?)noone wanted to grab, while Alpine didn't and people grabbed more of what was dropping there in general...

anyway, they should drop in all biomes equally I believe, just they got stuck behind other eggs in other biomes than Alpine.

They're in all biomes, just intermingled with normal dragon eggs. When they were first released all the biomes were completely empty except for split seconds around the 5 minute marks.

That's awful.

I've only been able to catch one. sad.gif

They didn't even last six hours :'(

No drops in Alpine ... easy to get ... hmmm

Has me nervous .... they are sure pretty and look good on my scroll

Hope they are drop for April *crosses fingers*

Good luck everyone

They might just be easier to grab because the timing of this release took people by surprise so there are fewer people around to compete, plus the fact that it IS April 1 and some people are just going to say "nope!", assuming anything happening today can't be real.

Pretty much this. When I got mine there wasn't even a quarter of the people on that there were during the last release. I got mine easily too(and a misclick which I won't be able to deal with until after work), which is a relief, I didn't want that hanging over me when I went to work.

Personally I am hoping that the "Can't even breed or release" is the April Fool's part, the colors shown so far are so pretty it would be a shame not to use them in lineages.

Edited by Nectaris

spriter's alt on a non-holiday dragon? and visible on TJ's dragons (even if for a while)? that would be a joke... xd.png

But what if April Fool's Day *is* a "holiday"? blink.gif CBs one time only? unsure.gif

Odeen... while you are here I just want to say thank you for the new eggs even if they are a joke they are adorable biggrin.gif