TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I just hope the joke lies ONLY in what TJ wrote about them: unbreedable and unabandonable AND in the release date (so soon after March's and on April 1st).

And I really hope that this is a regular dragon just released unexpectedly.

I hope so, too.

Honestly, I don't think TJ would have a spriter invest so much effort into their work (the egg + a set of hatchies + probably adults) to only inroduce the breed for a day and then remove it after the event's over.

It'd be such a waste and totally unfair to the people who worked hard on the sprites.

But we'll see wink.gif

PS

@john_jones: thanks for posting the "light" version! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ae0nian

Well, the cooldown on my eggs is gone and I can confirm that you can indeed enter the 'abandon' screen for the eggs (not risking abandoning it)

Well, the cooldown on my eggs is gone and I can confirm that you can indeed enter the 'abandon' screen for the eggs (not risking abandoning it)

Have you tried to see if it is available for transfer ??

April’s release brings you a new breed that you can’t even breed or release like other dragons.

Then again this could just mean releasing them to the wild when they are adults like you can with other dragons....

Edited by Paige201208

are they tradeable? I mean does the teleport work for them?

@Ae0nian: you're welcome! I hope we'll see the light version again.

Okay, now they're all with gender. And no dismorphism. Okaaay. Waiting-waiting, ladies and gentlemen!

I have.

user posted image

Great! thanks for putting that one up.

At the moment I'm thinking that maybe the lighter hatchie is an extra stage in development. Like it comes out of the egg with the light skin and the it hardens/changes colour after a little while.

Thoughts?

Have you tried to see if it is available for transfer ??

About to try that now

Edit: They can also be traded

Edited by wraitheon1

Aaah man... if these are some kind of prank, then they're one of my favorites, they seem like cute little starchildren dragons <3

(Also I'm screaming luck is playing one heck of a prank on me... I've picked up 7 mistake eggs and only one of the new ones, and in attempting to bite/repulse... I wound up with 6 Vampires in a row, 5 of which stayed this never happens |D Usually they all die or are repulsed)

Not sure if they are real or just a very elaborate prank, but I got 2 nonetheless.

At the moment I'm thinking that maybe the lighter hatchie is an extra stage in development. Like it comes out of the egg with the light skin and the it hardens/changes colour after a little while.

Thoughts?

Maybe, the lighter hatchie is the artist' version and only Odeen will have it?

About to try that now

Edit: They can also be traded

Hmm so maybe we are all worried about nothing.... then again not getting my hopes up yet rolleyes.gif

Thoughts?

Well, it came out dark, switched to light for like 10 minutes, then went back to dark. So I don't think I agree with that.

If you read back in the thread you'll see people freak out when it changed.

Edited by mo7

Maybe, the lighter hatchie is the artist' version and only Odeen will have it?

spriter's alt on a non-holiday dragon? and visible on TJ's dragons (even if for a while)? that would be a joke... xd.png

Maybe the change in color has to do with whether it's day or night

Well, it came out dark, switched to light for like 10 minutes, then went back to dark. So I don't think I agree with that.

If you read back in the thread you'll see people freak out when it changed.

Ohhhh ok I didn't see that happen tongue.gif

Maybe its like the Aegis dragon, there may be a BSA that makes the skin change colour...

I think the lighter ones are an alt version or idk. these draggies might have some special abilities in color changing.

Really cute hatchlings tho

Edited by DragonPaw-21

Ok my final thought on this is that what we are all doing is his April Fools day joke.

He has us spending all this time theorizing about what is probably a normal release laugh.gif

Ohhhh ok I didn't see that happen tongue.gif

Maybe its like the Aegis dragon, there may be a BSA that makes the skin change colour...

Or perhaps something like the Lumina? That's more of a passive effect? I think I read someone say something about the egg changing color briefly too, but I didn't see that.

Edited by mo7

Maybe they'll disintegrate as soon as they grow up?

Gorgeous egg though, great april fools smile.gif

ETA I wonder if you can freeze the hatchlings?

Edited by High Lord November

Are these guys still dropping? smile.gif

If so, what biome, and what's the egg description?

Thanks!