TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Huh, one of the eggs turned light again, but his a bigger crack.

This hatching sequence is really interesting. Translucent, translucent with a tiny crack, solid with a larger crack, and now translucent again with an even bigger crack.

Edited by RaeMarie

Huh, one of the eggs turned light again, but his a bigger crack.

...dragons that are illuminated and blink on and off? How would that even work o_o

I'm really hoping TJ is too smart to annoy his player base like that. I'm hoping the joke will be what the dragons/whatever they are turn out to be. Since I'm suddenly suspicious if these are even dragons...

Who knows, anything could happen.

Agreed, as much as I'm hoping for a cool new dragon I wouldn't hold my breath on it in the end. The wiki could be right and we don't get anything, however there could always be a break in tradition. Ether way we'll all have to see what cards TJ plays on us this year. *Puts on war helmet* I am ready for any outcome.

The dark sprite may have been a error with the transparency.

So far I have one from each biome except for Jungle. I'll probably double up on Alpine~

I'm kinda' lucky that I had all ER eggs so I can grab a full set, but I'm a bit saddened because I'll have to put my Seasonal lines on the side for another release. :/ Spring has been tough so far.

Edited by 11th

Also, is anyone else curious about why TJ has three eggs? Usually he only has two unless the gendered sprites are different.

Huh... what.. another egg release already? O.o Oh. Shoot... Better go try to catch some. xd.png

Also, is anyone else curious about why TJ has three eggs? Usually he only has two unless the gendered sprites are different.

That's what I assume when there are three eggs. It usually means the adults will look different from each other, but the 2nd stage hatchies will be the same.

Lol....I'll grab what I can, treat it like any other egg....but kinda not expecting it to be here on April 2nd. POOF!! They be gone!! Won't cry or get upset, just appreciate a really cool April Fools joke.

However, if they DID turn out to be real......!!!!!

He had 2 Sapphire and 3 of the Antarean just this past release and there was no apparent reason for that. There are only 2 different sprite for Antarean and Sapphire has only one sprite (though I know he'd have the 2 genders, still, no particular reason for 3 Antareans)

April 1st...

But I need 4 more CB Springs urgently, first there's a new release on the first day of spring and I can't catch them, now this...

Edited by lilysally

He had 2 Sapphire and 3 of the Antarean just this past release and there was no apparent reason for that. There are only 2 different sprite for Antarean and Sapphire has only one sprite (though I know he'd have the 2 genders, still, no particular reason for 3 Antareans)

He usually freezes one of the babies at second stage. He probably forgot and will turn them back to babies with Mod Magic when he gets around to it. It happens pretty often. Edit: I see he has already done so, if you look at the post again.

Edited by silver_chan

Two adults and a frozen hatchie. He always freezes a hatchie.

This is highly confusing. blink.gif

Not sure whether this is a joke or not, after all, the Encyclopedia was announced on April Fool's too and that turned out to be a real addition... but I'm way too suspicious to believe that this is simply a new release. Huh.

I'm really hoping TJ is too smart to annoy his player base like that. I'm hoping the joke will be what the dragons/whatever they are turn out to be. Since I'm suddenly suspicious if these are even dragons...

Who knows, anything could happen.

Dunno, people got super salty about last year's April Fools. Eggs caught on April 1 kept the egg sprite after hatching, and people got really mad because they couldn't tell what color Gemshards etc. were.

That's what I assume when there are three eggs. It usually means the adults will look different from each other, but the 2nd stage hatchies will be the same.

Since he does have three eggs, I'm willing to bet this isn't a joke. Since they would be Male, Female, and S2 hatchie.

I was kind of thinking it could be like NDs. Female, Male, and Ungendered.

Maybe the joke is that we're having a new release already, so soon after the last one.

...that seems too easy, though.

This is highly confusing. blink.gif

Not sure whether this is a joke or not, after all, the Encyclopedia was announced on April Fool's too and that turned out to be a real addition... but I'm way too suspicious to believe that this is simply a new release. Huh.

I believe the encyclopedia was in actual fact announced at 11:59 on the 31st of March. wink.gif

Reading all the theories about this being a joke or not, I'm really impressed by TJ's level of trolling. Respect. tongue.gif

Edited by Gluria

I'm loving all these unique cracking sequences!!! they're a really nice change from the standard one we're all used to

they're looking beautiful so far, and I'm willing to believe they're a permanent release with inconvenient timing tongue.gif

I'm really reaching, because anything could honestly being happening. Anything. Maybe they'll hatch into alien dragons.

Also I'm super tired but I want to see hatchings censorkip.gif

@CowlRaven: Oh I'm certain TJ knew exactly what he was doing. The mods and admins must be having a blast watching us run around like headless chickens.

Edited by silver_chan

Here's a crazy thought: Maybe the joke is that they actually are normal dragons? :b

Oh gosh. I thought whatever they grew into would be the joke! I hope they don't poof away tomorrow.

Also, uh... I just clicked the first egg I could and it was a deep sea, not a new release. I thought whenever there was a new release the new ones were the only eggs that dropped? blink.gif