TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Forgot to note that in the case of a multiclutch, if you do not choose an egg, they all autoabandon after an hour.

Edit: @cbussiere- No idea. I guess so. The sprite did change upon using the BSA though.

Edited by Jazeki

Hehe I guess I'll listen to ya guys and do it. I know you're waiting for those prizefails! wink.gif

Also, loving what you said about the hyenas and whatnot, harlequinraven! It's so true, not all female forms are more feminine. I'm in love with these dragons anyway, and dying for more info on them from Odeen!! I don't usually hoard things (other than waters, and soon to be waterwalkers), at least not what I consider to be hoarding, but I'll be hoarding these guys wink.gif

Odeen gave more info a few pages back. wink.gif I'll try to quote it here for you.

user posted image

Basic Anatomy:

Celestial dragons are massive, solidly-built creatures that are every bit as physically imposing as they appear.  In their corporeal form their dense hide feels like suede to the touch, with regular patterns of bioluminescent blue markings on a field of midnight-purple, all of which fades to a ghostly, transparent blue when the dragon phases out. They develop a distinctive jawline and bony horns as they age; a shapely jaw and large, symmetrical horns are thought to advertise an individual's superior health and fitness to potential mates. They have large, expansive wings well-adapted to soaring for long periods of time at high altitudes. While incorporeal, their bodies can pass straight through object and organism alike, causing a sensation of walking through a warm draft of air, though doing so intentionally is considered in poor taste.

Behavior:

Celestials are intelligent, frighteningly powerful practitioners of magic. Because they spend the vast majority of their existence in an ethereal, invulnerable state, however, they are peaceful, patient creatures that customarily have no fear of predators or concern for territorial threats offered by other organisms. They seem to show aggression only when guarding their young, which are helpless until they grow strong enough to become incorporeal themselves. Once they do so, they will only resume their physical form in order to breed or when grievous illness leaves them too weak to use their own magic any longer. They are exceptionally hard to see in their incorporeal form during the day, giving rise to a mistaken assumption that they are purely nocturnal; in fact, they seem to show no preference for day or night, and simply sleep whenever the mood strikes them. Celestial dragons are nomadic and predominantly solitary, able to cross vast distances without landing. Despite this, they maintain a healthy, structured social life, forming and maintaining lasting bonds with others of their kind by congregating in small groups at ideal basking areas and engaging in animated philosophical debates. They have never been known to have disputes over territory or differences of opinion; if a celestial tires of her present company, she simply moves on.

Diet:

Celestial dragons do not eat solid food, so they need not corporealize to feed. Most of the cells in a Celestial dragon's body, both internal and external, are light-sensitive and photosynthetic, allowing them to feed quite efficiently in their celestial form even on dim starlight. When preparing to breed, both male and female Celestials will spend large swaths of the day basking lazily in the sunlight in order to stockpile energy.

Habitat:

Celestial dragons seem capable of withstanding any climate as long as the area has enough clear-sky weather to facilitate their need to bask.

Edited by whoeverxwins

Forgot to note that in the case of a multiclutch, if you do not choose an egg, they all autoabandon after an hour.

This is probably a silly question but... what happens if you have only one slot available out of seven but you breed a multi-clutch of 4?

This is probably a silly question but... what happens if you have only one slot available out of seven but you breed a multi-clutch of 4?

I assume like what happens with holidays and you have way too many until you choose one or they auto abandon. When I bred Alien Pancake, I got 4 eggs, but only had room for two.

So considering the length of the cooldown (I assume it's the same as the hatchlings'), they'll be able to reproduce at the same rate as any other dragon, just in bursts instead.

Ahem... with any other dragon, you can potentially keep/gift/trade 4 eggs every month. With the Celestials: 1.

I assume like what happens with holidays and you have way too many until you choose one or they auto abandon. When I bred Alien Pancake, I got 4 eggs, but only had room for two.

Thanks. We know the mechanisms for Holidays but wanted to be sure the mechanism for the Celestials was identical and that we would not abandon all of them.

Edited by NotBambi

So my first just grew, and I bred her. I only got one egg. She also returned to incorporeal form after breeding and cannot be corporealized again for 28 days.

NotBambi: I know, I just meant that four eggs can still be produced per month. Though apparently it's 1-4. I wonder if they always only produce one Celestial egg, or if that's just a coincidence so far?

Imagine the possibilities of 4 prize babies in one breeding!!! In the AP!!! Oh boy! We'll see here in a minute everyone! smile.gif

Ahem... with any other dragon, you can potentially keep/gift/trade 4 eggs  every month. With the Celestials: 1.

Or none and you're out a breeding for a month if these refuse or don't produce an egg, which I just had happen.

Edited by Jazeki

cbussiere, I bred one of mine to an Aegis and it produced 3 Celestial eggs. I suspect it's the ratios pushing the non-Celestials into the mix. (another sign it's going to be on the rare side?) (whited out just in case it's considered a spoiler)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

user posted image aaaAAAH!

This is so cool~ thank you!!

EDIT: Downsized the pic a tad.

Edited by Timbre

Or none and you're out a breeding for a month if these refuse, which I just had happen.

I'm really hoping for a multiclutch from Cammy, and definitely not a refusal!

NotBambi: I know, I just meant that four eggs can still be produced per month. Though apparently it's 1-4. I wonder if they always only produce one Celestial egg, or if that's just a coincidence so far?

Based on breeding, shouldn't we expect to have less Celestials than for any other breeds? Sorry guys I'm more than half asleep and having a problem explaining what I'm thinking.

Example, all things (fertility, refusals, interest) considered equal :

Celestial parent: # of children = 1-4

Non-Celestial parent: # of children= 4

Would this imply breeding-related rarity?

Edited by NotBambi

Been awhile since I was in here due to a muscle problem in around and under my right arm so missed March's drop and April's. The neat thing is I am allowed 7 eggies on my scroll. Sooooo I checked with Wikpedia on where to get March's and got 2 of each egg in the sapphire's and the other one. Next was the I don't know what you would call these invisibubble dragons? biggrin.gif Now those were a bit more challenging to get. Kept getting sorry this egg was taken. And the lag was something else even now that I have upgraded to Windows 10. But I was determined to get these 2 as they sound so cool !! And finally I got those 2 as well. So now I have to gender them all with my pinks and put them in places to hatch as well as clicking every day. rolleyes.gif

Not all animals in nature have the female looking what we think of as the more feminine in appearance. In birds, the females are larger, and in hyenas, the females look more masculine than the males, which are a bit more gracile in appearance. By that same logic, not all dragons are going to have masculine and feminine appearances as humans do. wink.gif

Yup, I know that! Doesn't change the fact that I would have like these to look more feminine lol.

Don't know why. Maybe because the "Celestial" name made me think about something ethereal.

I don't know if this is a bug, but I tried breeding my pairs of Celestial dragons and the action is available if only one of them is in its corporeal form. Unfortunately I got "no egg is produced" but it is a bit strange that the dragon in uncorporeal/ethereal form is available as a target for breeding.

Based on breeding, shouldn't we expect to have less Celestials than for any other breeds? Sorry guys I'm more than half asleep and having a problem explaining what I'm thinking.

Example, all things (fertility, refusals, interest) considered equal :

Celestial parent: # of children = 1-4 

Non-Celestial parent: # of children= 4

Would this imply breeding-related rarity?

I think that with lack of interest considered, 1-4 eggs per month would be applicable to both dragons. Both have the potential to produce 4 eggs, but they won't always do so. Unless Celestials have the same chance to not have interest as normal dragons do, which could get pretty rough. It's probably too early to determine how well they'll breed, they seem to be doing fine now, but it could be the ratios.

Edit: Congrats, Nightwalkerkey!

Edited by cbussiere

So, it seems to me that the girl I bred never switched over? On my scroll she shows up blue, same as in lineage view ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/LriAl ), but when I click her herself she shows up dark. Is that how it's supposed to be??

Edit; ah, a hard refresh on her page shows her as light blue again. Thanks !

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

So, it seems to me that the girl I bred never switched over? On my scroll she shows up blue, same as in lineage view ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/LriAl ), but when I click her herself she shows up dark. Is that how it's supposed to be??

Might be a cache issue? I see her as light blue both in lineage and normal view.

I sure love the way they look paired with Antarens and Sapphires. Based on the Antaren coloring I'm guessing they will look nice paired with Bronze Tinsel too. I must make a note to give it a try once my current list is done...

Mine grew! Aaaah, so beautiful~ I really must try to plan a lineage around these guys.

As new releases are growing up and some have been bred, I will go ahead and close this thread.

More information from Odeen:

user posted image

Basic Anatomy:

Celestial dragons are massive, solidly-built creatures that are every bit as physically imposing as they appear.  In their corporeal form their dense hide feels like suede to the touch, with regular patterns of bioluminescent blue markings on a field of midnight-purple, all of which fades to a ghostly, transparent blue when the dragon phases out. They develop a distinctive jawline and bony horns as they age; a shapely jaw and large, symmetrical horns are thought to advertise an individual's superior health and fitness to potential mates. They have large, expansive wings well-adapted to soaring for long periods of time at high altitudes. While incorporeal, their bodies can pass straight through object and organism alike, causing a sensation of walking through a warm draft of air, though doing so intentionally is considered in poor taste.

Behavior:

Celestials are intelligent, frighteningly powerful practitioners of magic. Because they spend the vast majority of their existence in an ethereal, invulnerable state, however, they are peaceful, patient creatures that customarily have no fear of predators or concern for territorial threats offered by other organisms. They seem to show aggression only when guarding their young, which are helpless until they grow strong enough to become incorporeal themselves. Once they do so, they will only resume their physical form in order to breed or when grievous illness leaves them too weak to use their own magic any longer. They are exceptionally hard to see in their incorporeal form during the day, giving rise to a mistaken assumption that they are purely nocturnal; in fact, they seem to show no preference for day or night, and simply sleep whenever the mood strikes them. Celestial dragons are nomadic and predominantly solitary, able to cross vast distances without landing. Despite this, they maintain a healthy, structured social life, forming and maintaining lasting bonds with others of their kind by congregating in small groups at ideal basking areas and engaging in animated philosophical debates. They have never been known to have disputes over territory or differences of opinion; if a celestial tires of her present company, she simply moves on.

Diet:

Celestial dragons do not eat solid food, so they need not corporealize to feed. Most of the cells in a Celestial dragon's body, both internal and external, are light-sensitive and photosynthetic, allowing them to feed quite efficiently in their celestial form even on dim starlight. When preparing to breed, both male and female Celestials will spend large swaths of the day basking lazily in the sunlight in order to stockpile energy.

Habitat:

Celestial dragons seem capable of withstanding any climate as long as the area has enough clear-sky weather to facilitate their need to bask.

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion, after the new release post is locked: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=157786

Bug reports can go in Help: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=3

Breeding plans: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=174127

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170509 type of Striped they "make"

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161278 type of GoN they "make"

DC wikia: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126734 General Congrats Thread

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127500 General Thank you

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler