Fuzzbucket

New view page layout

I must say that, on PC at least, I rather like the new layout. It neatly puts the links at the top, makes the name/code easy to find, and is rather pleasing to the eye, at least in my opinion.

I do agree that the cog looks somewhat out of place, but it isn't a huge eyesore like the tick.

The only change I'd suggest to it at all is removing the 'name' field from the view page on dragons you own, as the name is already displayed above. We don't need it twice.

Ergh, new version just rolled out for me. I still preferred the old layout, but I could tolerate the new one--if the obnoxious "viewing dragon x" thing at the top was removed and the actions / html code links were a bit less obtrusive. Right now there's so much going on in all directions that it detracts from the whole point of viewing your dragon--viewing your dragon. The art gets lost when surrounded by so much text and links.

Looking at it - I don't have it yet thank goodness - PLEASE could the action and the code links be lined up with the two columns....They are too close together as they are.

I think part of the reason that people might be finding it cluttered is that there are four different kinds of text (dragon name, links, the golden text, and the plain text) unlike the old version which only had two (links and plain text).

The only thing that really bothers me with this new layout (I don't have it yet) is that the middle part is centered (the dragon and the special links), while the rest of it is left-justified. This mixup isn't aesthetically pleasing.

If I may use the example dragon from the first page, this is how I'd propose it be arranged:

user posted image

Everything is centered. The name text, and the spaces between the columns below.

user posted image

So that the offspring don't run off too far to the right, I'd propose showing fewer. Maybe even just show them as a list of 3 single names on 3 rows, and then a "view more" at the bottom.

Alternatively, they could all be shown at the very bottom (the redundant name line has been taken out here)

user posted image

^ I really like the idea of the offspring showing at the bottom. Looks really tidy.

I also actually really like having the children centered. That looks very nice and brings the page together.

The only problem is, the two sides don't always line up evenly like that. It'll look different if the dragon is CB and doesn't have the "mother" and "father" and "lineage" lines on the right.

The only problem is, the two sides don't always line up evenly like that. It'll look different if the dragon is CB and doesn't have the "mother" and "father" and "lineage" lines on the right.

Took a screenie for ya. The right side looks rather empty if the dragon is CB has no children.

user posted image

It would look much better if the amount of views/uvs/clicks wasn't there. Or maybe put as a straight line across instead of three rows?

It would look much better if the amount of views/uvs/clicks wasn't there. Or maybe put as a straight line across instead of three rows?

Disagree, actually. I like how the V/UV/C stats are laid out.

Still bugged as heck by Actions & Show HTML/BBCode Links being centered though. Really want those back in their columns.

I don't really mind the unevenness when the dragon is CB. But it would make things look funny if the suggestion to have the list of children running along the bottom was put in place. It looks great with a bred parent since the two columns are basically even at that point, but not with CB.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Ugh. I finally got it sad.gif

The Actions and "Show links" links are too close together - can they be lined up with the columns, please. (The cog and chain links I have happily blocked, so THAT's OK - I was afraid it wouldn't work !) Luckily neither is a CRITICAL link so at least we won't end up abandoning by mistake or something biggrin.gif but they ARE too close (and they were even before I hid the cog and chain !)

And the name REALLY doesn't need to be there twice. I'd actually prefer it at the top rather than in the column, but either one rather than both.

Ugh! I can't imagine how anyone can consider the new layout clean and organized! The two links right under the dragon image makes the thing look really cluttered to me.

It may look a tad bit better if the "Action" and the "Show HTML/BBCode Links" links were out of the way, say under the dragon's name, rather than front and center as they are now.

What I'd like-ish: (Bear in mind I can't play using the default layout, but I think it would be OK in that too...)

user posted image

EEK I just went to look at one of her children. I HATE the placing of the owner name - not something I usually see as most people I "know" don't show it. It would be OK if the name were taken out of that column though.

Edited by fuzzbucket

What I'd like-ish: (Bear in mind I can't play using the default payout, but I think it would be OK in that too...)

user posted image

Eugh. They're so much nicer centered IMO.

I could maaaaaaaaybe stand this if the actions was with the information in the first column rather than totally left justified.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

What I'd like-ish: (Bear in mind I can't play using the default payout, but I think it would be OK in that too...)

user posted image

That actually looks pretty good!

I could maaaaaaaaybe stand this if the actions was with the information in the first column rather than totally left justified.

But they are too close together in the centre....

I got the new layout and keep missing the "Actions" link because it's hidden between those symbols.

Can anybody tell me how to block them? I can't find them in the source code (there's some wizard HTML or CSS that I don't understand o_O) and they don't show up as media in page info, so I don't have their URL - if they are images at all...?

The rest of the new layout makes sense to me; I can even imagine liking it once I've had it for a year or so.

I got the new layout and keep missing the "Actions" link because it's hidden between those symbols.

Can anybody tell me how to block them? I can't find them in the source code (there's some wizard HTML or CSS that I don't understand o_O) and they don't show up as media in page info, so I don't have their URL - if they are images at all...?

You have PM how to do it in firefox - I don't know about other browsers smile.gif

But the symbols are part of the links - that was why I wasn't sure I could block them.

Pls no. They look awful centered, and so much nicer in their columns the way fuzz has them. I do agree on a proper column alignment though, rather than full left-justify. Pretty sure fuzz meant to do a proper justify, but that's just a quick photoshop mockup rather than a full layout.

Worth getting its own post - hidden dragons look awful.

I just got the layout and I'm appalled. Nice fresh screenshot (yes, I cleared cache first):

user posted image

The hidden message is off-center. The Actions & Show HTML/BBCode links are off-center. The fogball is floating around somewhere at the top of the page because goodness knows why. There's some giant blue exclamation point informing me that yes, my egg is already hidden, as if I couldn't figure that out myself. Meanwhile, the left column is completely unaligned with the information at the bottom of the page.

Good grief I'm gonna have to dive into Greasemonkey for about a week to fix all this.

Eek.

Well, those very modern looking symbols (also seen in the encyclopedia) are so out of place on this site - I'm sure they will be replaced with something nicer at some point. Maybe an artist is already working on a replacement? They can't be meant to stay like this.

Good grief I'm gonna have to dive into Greasemonkey for about a week to fix all this.

I just got the new layout today

If you feel like sharing your work concerning greasemonkey, please let me know. Thank you for the other script link-fix you shared before. I have no idea how to make scripts for anything.

Eek.

Well, those very modern looking symbols (also seen in the encyclopedia) are so out of place on this site - I'm sure they will be replaced with something nicer at some point. Maybe an artist is already working on a replacement? They can't be meant to stay like this.

You can block those too - I did that when they first showed up !

I did mean to left justify, but am happy to try again:

user posted image

which also looks better than having the current owner as well as the repeated name on the left...

I'm not messing with greasemonkey, though. I do seem to recall TJ not being happy with that anyway.