Fuzzbucket

New view page layout

So... is this a thing that's slowly rolling out, or something that's in progress? I don't have it on my scroll, and had no idea it was a thing until someone posted about it in the new release thread.

So... is this a thing that's slowly rolling out, or something that's in progress? I don't have it on my scroll, and had no idea it was a thing until someone posted about it in the new release thread.

It is slowly rolling out (as we test it), as described in the first post. ;3

Seems to be a gradual thing. For me it changed a few hours ago. Can't say that I'm a huge fan, but nothing to complain about either.

Hmm, I see. Well, I'm not sure how to feel about the giant name splashed across the top of the page... other than that it seems ok. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

I do not have the new layout yet, but I really like how the dragon stats are organized. The old way is too mushed together, and looks cluttered.

It seems I don't have the new layout yet.

Though, just from the screenshots, I'd rather not have giant black text at the top.

Looks messy. I'd rather have centered if I had to have it, or not there at all (preferred.)

Can anyone do a comparison of what the new layout looks like to the old layout now? I've seen that it has changed recently.

I do not have it yet but earlier I was with someone that does. The new look does not bug me, I do not spend significant time looking at any egg or hatchling. Actually, when my friend show me the new look, initially I didn't even realized the differences until he pointed to them.

Funny enough, I would forecast something positive if there was a new look, not only on the View page, but also on the biomes: change the code and a bunch of scripts will stop working.

Still don't need the name twice....

Since it switch on April 1st for me (no joke). It caught me by surprise at first I thought it was part of some kind of joke.

I do prefer the old style though I'm okay with the new layout except for one small thing that does bug me since currently I am trying to do my z code notes. I've noticed they have flipped the mother and father links.

If I work to fast with those notes I'm bound to accidentally put the father as the mother and mother as the father.

I do prefer the old style though I'm okay with the new layout except for one small thing that does bug me since currently I am trying to do my z code notes. I've noticed they have flipped the mother and father links.

But that flip aligns the view page with the lineage page. I like that.

The one thing that really bugs me about the new layout is how the actions/bbcode links are right beneath the dragon sprite. They distract away from the dragon, and make the view pages look rather cluttered.

It seems I don't have the new layout yet.

Though, just from the screenshots, I'd rather not have giant black text at the top.

Looks messy. I'd rather have centered if I had to have it, or not there at all (preferred.)

Can anyone do a comparison of what the new layout looks like to the old layout now? I've seen that it has changed recently.

Old:

user posted image

New:

user posted image

Actually, for the title on the main theme, they changed it so it's smaller and a more suiting colour. The St. Patties day hasn't changed yet I don't think so they may still be playing around with it.

user posted image

Thank you for posting that, High Lord November. I really like what has been done with that. The title at the top is much less overwhelming now. I could live with that layout.

I agree, it's much easier to look at now that the top text has been reduced in size. I think I'll end up liking it,

Thank you for the pictures!!

I still say the Top name text should be centered though.

Thanks for the screenshots. Everything looks pretty decent except the placement of the Actions/Show HTML/BBCode links. I still really want to see those in their proper columns, not centered like that.

Actually, for the title on the main theme, they changed it so it's smaller and a more suiting colour. The St. Patties day hasn't changed yet I don't think so they may ]

There are people with St Pat's who have said they had it.... I swear there are.

ETA - yup:

Here you go.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thanks for the screenshot of St Patrick's skin. I do not have that new layout and do not need it. I could live with it, I guess, but I do not see the point. Instead of cosmetic changes, I'd much prefer something like adding tabs, that would definitely be an improvement IMO!

There are people with St Pat's who have said they had it.... I swear there are.

ETA - yup:

Here you go.

Fuzz, I read the post you are responding to differently. I thought High Lord November meant that the change in the new view that made that header smaller had not been done in St. Pat's, yet, not that the new view had not yet come to St. Pat's.

Fuzz, I read the post you are responding to differently. I thought High Lord November meant that the change in the new view that made that header smaller had not been done in St. Pat's, yet, not that the new view had not yet come to St. Pat's.

Oh. OK. It hasn't come to my St Pat's yet, anyway....

I didn't understand this whole layout change thing until I realized I haven't been hit by it... but judging by the screenshots, I'm not exactly keen on the layout change at all. Especially with that block text at the top for the Dragon's name... that's just awkward... >> But I feel like I'm being an echo chamber for everyone who doesn't like that as well.

However, since I wasn't aware of this change, was there an announcement stating that there was going to be a massive site-wide layout change?

I checked the News and saw nothing, but that might be me being scatter headed.

Caught a glimpse of it and I can't say I care for it. It's very modern looking and flashy, which goes against the whole aesthetic of DC. There's so many eye grabbing bits of text and box on a dragon's view page now that the dragon itself gets lost in the muddle.