~!~

Remove (okay) Egg Limits

Our point is if we have slots for breeding that are separate from cave/AP slots, then we could take more out of the cave rather than using some for bred eggs. But I'd also be in favor of someone creating that thread.

If that's the case, I'd prefer something like, 7 cave-only slots and 7 bred-only slots. I'd say AP eggs go into "cave" slots and eggs obtained via teleport go into "bred only," because eggs from the AP are available to everyone who's looking, like the cave, and eggs teleported in are only available to the guy with the link, which might be lots of people but is probably just you, so more similar to breeding. This way, it doesn't allow a user to breed 14 eggs every few days, which is what I'd like to avoid.

Personally I'd prefer 7 "any way you like" egg slots and 7 "cave-only" slots, which would allow for the same rationing of egg slots as adding bred-only slots, but it would also allow people to take 14 eggs from the cave, which I'd like people doing. (I also like this method b/c I don't really like breeding my dragons, so bred-only egg slots don't appeal to me...) But, I think separate slots like I described above is more fair.

If that's the case, I'd prefer something like, 7 cave-only slots and 7 bred-only slots.  I'd say AP eggs go into "cave" slots and eggs obtained via teleport go into "bred only," because eggs from the AP are available to everyone who's looking, like the cave, and eggs teleported in are only available to the guy with the link, which might be lots of people but is probably just you, so more similar to breeding.  This way, it doesn't allow a user to breed 14 eggs every few days, which is what I'd like to avoid.

Personally I'd prefer 7 "any way you like" egg slots and 7 "cave-only" slots, which would allow for the same rationing of egg slots as adding bred-only slots, but it would also allow people to take 14 eggs from the cave, which I'd like people doing.  (I also like this method b/c I don't really like breeding my dragons, so bred-only egg slots don't appeal to me...)  But, I think separate slots like I described above is more fair.

Actually, I can definitely get behind this. I hunt in the AP a lot, and having it so that I can fill up on AP eggs *and* eggs from the cave would be wonderful. And I could of course use those AP slots for breeding if I liked.

...or I could totally misread what you said, but either way I agree. /slides off to bed

Edited by silver_chan

Listen to the great and wise great Fuzz, for she has spoken the truth.

But yeah: nope to this. All it'd do it up the scrolls with 50 Golds to scrolls with 100 Golds, while the rest of us see our chances plummet even more.

I don't think it matters how many slots per scroll for any honest players chance for rare eggs, I saw a fairly recent scroll with possibly 150+ CB golds by the naming convention on it, plus 5 or 6 same named multi-scrolls that were feeding it that literally contained 1 adult magi and 5 CBs golds and silvers each. I never even though that many CB golds dropped in a day until I started changing the number at the end of the multi name and thinking oh wow!

Another rank such as "platinum user" with a few more slot for over 1K dragons could work though?

I can echo Starscream, I don't normally have a problem with slots as it's part of the game planning your stuff. If nice linages only took 1 month to make it would defeat the whole object of a challenge so.

Edited by AnnieGYG

I don't think it matters how many slots per scroll for any honest players chance for rare eggs, I saw a fairly recent scroll with possibly 150+ CB golds by the naming convention on it, plus 5 or 6 same named multi-scrolls that were feeding it that literally contained 1 adult magi and 5 CBs golds and silvers each. I never even though that many CB golds dropped in a day until I started changing the number at the end of the multi name and thinking oh wow!

Another rank such as "platinum user" with a few more slot for over 1K dragons could work though?

I can echo Starscream, I don't normally have a problem with slots as it's part of the game planning your stuff. If nice linages only took 1 month to make it would defeat the whole object of a challenge so.

Did you report that suspected multi-scroller to a mod or to TJ?

Did you report that suspected multi-scroller to a mod or to TJ?

I reported a different one over a month ago direct to TJ's in box and nothing happened so I figured the rules had changed in the years I was away to "play however you want" or whatever it says when you log in. I also suggested he consider stop transfers directly between the same IP which is how most other games operate if they let more than 1 person play off the same IP. I've not reported that blatent one yet.

Although I'd love 1 or 2 more egg slots so I can pick up more CB commons from the AP, I can't help but think that if too many concessions are made, such as a huge amount of egg slots, then it'll no longer be an online "game" to strategise and plan for breeding and slots.

It's already undergone huge changes to make life easier such as the introduction of the biomes so you are only competing with 10-20 others instead of 1000's of people over just 3 eggs. Someone made the comment Dragcave is a lot bigger now but I don't feel that at all. Since click sites became the norm it feels tiny in comparison to what it was a few year ago when everyone had to place their eggs all over the internet in signatures to hatch them "legitimately" and people came from far and wide in droves to find out what these magical mini dragons were.

I reported a different one over a month ago direct to TJ's in box and nothing happened so I figured the rules had changed in the years I was away to "play however you want" or whatever it says when you log in. I also suggested he consider stop transfers directly between the same IP which is how most other games operate if they let more than 1 person play off the same IP. I've not reported that blatent one yet.

Although I'd love 1 or 2 more egg slots so I can pick up more CB commons from the AP, I can't help but think that if too many concessions are made, such as a huge amount of egg slots, then it'll no longer be an online "game" to strategise and plan for breeding and slots.

It's already undergone huge changes to make life easier such as the introduction of the biomes so you are only competing with 10-20 others instead of 1000's of people over just 3 eggs. Someone made the comment Dragcave is a lot bigger now but I don't feel that at all. Since click sites became the norm it feels tiny in comparison to what it was a few year ago when everyone had to place their eggs all over the internet in signatures to hatch them "legitimately" and people came from far and wide in droves to find out what these magical mini dragons were.

Actually - while I report multiscrollers and at least two have been burned - I don't think blocking trades on the same IP one is fair - MANY families have children and partners playing in the same house and they DO trade - and why not ? Also I well recall - in the days of transfer via AP - sitting with a visiting friend on the floor, each with a machine, gifting away and shrieking NOW NOW at each other - and I imagine we were on the same IP at that time, as she was logged into MY wifi....

There's a frustrating gap between reporting a multi and anything being done about it. I reported one a couple of years ago in about October/November but nothing happened about it until the following year - after one of the multis had won a CB Prize. :/

*coughs* To make this somewhat on topic - do the current limits encourage multiscrolling by the unscrupulous? Yeah, almost certainly. But I don't know whether that's a good enough reason to completely scrap the system.

Yes, does not matter: multiscrollers do not care about egg limits, they just add another scroll.

Frankly, I would report that multi-scroller. Mostly for blatant stupidity.

I reported a different one over a month ago direct to TJ's in box and nothing happened so I figured the rules had changed in the years I was away to "play however you want" or whatever it says when you log in.  I also suggested he consider stop transfers directly between the same IP which is how most other games operate if they let more than 1 person play off the same IP.  I've not reported that blatent one yet.

Maybe TJ has been busy, I would not give up yet.

I can't wait for the 10th anniversary of DC and I'm so hopeful that we will get then more egg and hatchling slots. I would be bouncing up and down even if TJ would add only 1 egg slot and 3 hatchling slots. But I'm greedy so I hope we will get more.

I would love to have the egg limit raised to ten for the tenth anniversary celebration. Especially since multiple releases are now common. *crosses fingers*

I'm not sure about completely removing the limits.. Sure I'd love it cause I could finally grab up all the Teimarrs and the occasional other dragon I still need/want that way. I'm just not sure if I want a 'always empty cave' since I think that is what it will lead to with people searching for 'rares' with the concept of something rare being always more viable than a common thing - no matter theat the rare thing is ugly and the common actually nice looking. Imagine someone tryung to trade a gold dragon for a Teimarr? People will think you completely nuts..

What I would like is a SERIOUS expand of the limits though. 7 egg slots.. That is.. nothing. You know what happens with 7 egg slots? I make 6 of them full in 5-10 minutes with dragons I like and keep one open for breeding or catching the more uncommone dragons I'm still missing. Then I proceed to wait 3 days until I can hatch new eggs. I know that this game isn't supposed to be one of these 'I can play here for hours' games.. But more than 10 minutes per 3 days would be lovely.

I had a extended Hiatus from end '13 to a few weeks ago. Familiar problems, extended Sickness and loosing a close friend were some of the reasons why I could not get myself into this site anymore sure... But another big thing? There is nothing to do once you got the egg slots full. I think I've only been hatchling locked once. Which is good but I really see no harm in extending the egg slots to at least 21 slots - It might get the cave mooving, I could grab more of the dragons I want and even manage to manage the slots better than just filling them all up at once.

What if....

an egg only counted towards your scroll limits for the first 24 hours of its existence? (Independent of incubate, obviously.) Same for hatchies, maybe? It could be argued that fresh eggs need special care for the embryo to keep developing, and that young hatchlings need special care (food, being kept warm and so on) while older hatchlings don't. They already start hunting for themselves and are on their way to adulthood anyway.

Of course, this would present the "problem" of AP eggs not counting towards your limits, but maybe they could count for at least 6 hours?

(Since eggs at hatching age wouldn't count towards their limits, but new hatchlings would, there'd need to be a mechanic to prevent you from going over your limits. Maybe by stopping eggs from hatching when you're at your overall limit, or by allowing you to transcend that limit, but disabling any future pickups until your scroll isn't at its limit any more?)

I would love to have the egg limit raised to ten for the tenth anniversary celebration. Especially since multiple releases are now common. *crosses fingers*

this would be great, an even number ohmy.gif

so frustrating to not be able to get pairs on the drop and then wait years to even see another sad.gif

i can see ten being to little very quickly on my scroll rolleyes.gif , but an even number . even if just one more ,would make me a happy camper!

What if....

an egg only counted towards your scroll limits for the first 24 hours of its existence? (Independent of incubate, obviously.) Same for hatchies, maybe? It could be argued that fresh eggs need special care for the embryo to keep developing, and that young hatchlings need special care (food, being kept warm and so on) while older hatchlings don't. They already start hunting for themselves and are on their way to adulthood anyway.

Ohhh I like this. I really, really like this. And it makes sense. You have to baby a baby... As they grow they don't need as much care. (And really, with hundreds or thousands of dragons on your scroll that could watch the little thing...)

I think there need to be *some* egg limits--though I agree that seven egg slots are a little frustrating, if only because it's an uneven number. I'd love to get ten egg slots, myself.

Removing them would help get rid of some of those biome blockers, though.

I think there need to be *some* egg limits--though I agree that seven egg slots are a little frustrating, if only because it's an uneven number. I'd love to get ten egg slots, myself.

Removing them would help get rid of some of those biome blockers, though.

It would also increase competition for new / special release eggs, rares and uncommons.

This probably has been said before, as I havent really read the thread. I am very exhausted and have to work tomorrow (and its 11 PM here), but I will give my opinion anyway, just in case. Again, sorry if it has already been brought up, if it was, dismiss this and mark this as spam.

Point:

The reason the egg slots are so "limiting", is because they dont adapt to the dragons, when DC started there were around 10 to 20 dragons, maybe even less, and a max of 4 egg-slots (when breeding was introduced, then 5 pseudo-egg-slots if you take in account the only-bred one, though I dont know when this started).

Around 2010 or 2011 (I think), we got a ton of changes, I think it is even recognized as "the change" or something, here we got the trophy-based egg-slots system, in which according to the quantity of dragons you have you can get up to 7 egg slots. At that time we had around 50 or 60 dragons.

Now, in 2016, we have the same quantity of egg slots, but we are facing against over 120 dragons, most of them with different forms according to biome (pyralspites, coppers, xenowyrms, two-headed lindwurm...), time of catching or hatching (lunar heralds, sunset/rise, glory drakes, seasonals, ...), or even randomly (dorsal, ridgewing, gemshards, ...).

Idea:

The idea is to boost the quantity of egg slots every X quantity of dragons introduced. Making it so egg slots go, more or less, hand in hand with the dragons introduced.

Con:

This may be contraproductive, as users may still use their egg-slots for "rare" things, even when having "extra"-space, just for the sake of trading or something else.

Now, the reason I am suggesting this, is because is similar to OPs idea, but on a smaller scale; also, it will not harm the game that much (if it does, that is), because we all know what could happen with unlimited capacity of egg-slots... Oh, the horror it would unveil!

i like this, increasing eggslots with every couple of new dragons that are released

I agree with the fact that it's bad that there are a few breeds like Neotropicals and Olives that really nobody likes, but I don't think this is the way to fix it. If you remove egg limits, people may take those eggs, but will those eggs necessarily be loved? Is sitting as an adult gathering dust on an active scroll even an upgrade from sitting in the biomes collecting dust? There's probably another way.

I like olympe's idea of eggs and hatchies counting towards limit for 24 hours... but since it takes max 3 days for them to hatch and everything maybe make it 48 hours smile.gif

Or maybe separate egg and hatchling limits since you can easily lock yourself with hatchlings and then be unable to pick up eggs ~~

Also my idea for more egg slots since TJ himself suggested for us to implement 8th egg slot~

Why not just add more trophies with even more of everything ~ Diamond and Platinum Trophies maybe ~ I believe additional trophies were suggested before too?!

Diamond Trophy: 800 dragons ~ 18-20 Freezes ~ 8 egg limit ~ 26 total limit

Platinum Trophy: 1000 dragons ~ 20-24 Freezes ~ 10 egg limit ~ 30 total limit

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Why not add in the trophies and also increase the egg limit every time there's a certain amount of dragons released? So like diamond trophy we have 10 eggs. Now let's say there's 100 regular dragons incave not counting holidays, hybrids and alts. Let's say after several releases we end up getting 50 more dragons incave. So then we have 150 dragons incave. I think we should have the egg slots increased by two along with that

So

Diamond trophy 10 eggs

150 dragons get incave egg slot increases by 2 along with it

200 dragons incave egg slot increases by 2 once again

Etc

I agree with the fact that it's bad that there are a few breeds like Neotropicals and Olives that really nobody likes, but I don't think this is the way to fix it. If you remove egg limits, people may take those eggs, but will those eggs necessarily be loved? Is sitting as an adult gathering dust on an active scroll even an upgrade from sitting in the biomes collecting dust? There's probably another way.

I BEG your pardon ? NEVER say nobody likes anything. I don't dislike either of those - but there are a couple of well popular breeds that I DO dislike. One of them is someone else's favourite, as I discovered in a trade thread here once. Tastes differ hugely.

Why not add in the trophies and also increase the egg limit every time there's a certain amount of dragons released? So like diamond trophy we have 10 eggs. Now let's say there's 100 regular dragons incave not counting holidays, hybrids and alts. Let's say after several releases we end up getting 50 more dragons incave. So then we have 150 dragons incave. I think we should have the egg slots increased by two along with that

So

Diamond trophy 10 eggs

150 dragons get incave egg slot increases by 2 along with it

200 dragons incave egg slot increases by 2 once again

Etc

There's another thread, discussing upped limits.

I support higher trophies and increased scroll limits.

I do NOT support no limits. With no limits.... Chaos would rule and there would be no challenge at all to the game.

Cheers!

C4.