TJ09

2016-03-27 - Festival of Eggs

You still have about 23 hours left, plenty of time to get all the eggs.

I sure hope so but it did take me all day just to catch these 20 so hopefully the next 23 hours will be a bit better I hope

You still have about 23 hours left, plenty of time to get all the eggs.

yeah problem is i planned this so poorly because tomorrow is my full day shift so technically i shouldnt even be catching rn

55/60! I'm so close, but I'll probably have to finish off tomorrow D: So far the big chickie with the egg and the pouch with the hole at the bottom are my favorite ones, though I do like others as well biggrin.gif

I hope everyone liked my egg. Its the Jackalope one. I was gonna try and make it fancier but I went through hell after re-injuring my foot. I think it looks super bland. I'm sorry for my failure. ;^;

I love your Jackalope egg! It's not a failure at all. Jackalope looks really cute and I love the designs on the egg. Honestly it looks way better than any egg I'm able to make. Great job! Also I'm sorry to hear that you reinjured your foot and I hope that you get well soon. smile.gifthumbs_up.png

I know there are "only" 60....and I have them all....but I keep waiting for TJ to throw in a couple more as a surprise. He's done that once or twice. Never know. Just keeping my eyes open, checking in every couple hours.

I had an egg to offer, but I didn't get inivited this year. sad.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

I had about 20 of them this afternoon but now I have 59. Since new ones appear about 7-8 minutes after the previous one is collected, I set a timer on my phone and when it goes off, go grab the next egg. Should get the last one in about 5 minutes. smile.gif

34/60 for me! Last year I totally missed it and only got 4 eggs. I think it was the year before that I didn't get any at all.

not gonna lie, i got way too excited when i got the player character egg from undertale. i instantly knew what it was! and tbh i wasn't really gonna try my hardest to find all the eggs, but those certain ones are definitely a good motivator for me. tongue.gif

I'm halfway there please let me finish this tonight/today. OwO I wanna get ALL the eggs this year. OAO~ Like a lot of them even if the only references I get are the comic sans egg, the cat ones, and the pokémon one. I don't get the undertale or other references. O.e weird.

Thanks TJ and spriters for all this amazingness! biggrin.gif <3

I'm halfway there please let me finish this tonight/today. OwO I wanna get ALL the eggs this year. OAO~ Like a lot of them even if the only references I get are the comic sans egg, the cat ones, and the pokémon one. I don't get the undertale or other references. O.e weird.

Thanks TJ and spriters for all this amazingness! biggrin.gif <3

lol the comic sans egg is a reference to undertale as well. tongue.gif it was the egg i wanted the most and i actually just got it... time for bed now. xd.png

Okay. Cool. Since I'm novice when it comes to working with pixels I hope that one day I'll become as skilled as you and the other spiriters are. I would love to sprite eggs for Easter and I'm currently practicing designing eggs so I can improve. I'm also working on designing my first dragon, designing a dragon for a friend and I have already made the egg for my second dragon. My second dragon will remain a secret since I'm hoping for it to someday be a holiday dragon. I'm probably aiming to high as a novice but that's just how I am lol.

Great explanations. I see that you kept them simple and to the point. I had never heard of spherical succulent terrariums so I looked them up. I have to say that they have a unique beauty. I'm adding them to my list of things I plan to get. So how long have you been spriting?

Aiming high is fine, as long as you take into consideration and keep in mind that it's a long process with a lot of trial and error! While sometimes it can be discouraging running into roadbumps, it can be quite fun and a good learning experience, too.

I've been spriting/pixeling/what have you since I was 11, actually. I of course was horrible, but over the years I improved my method and got to where I am today.

If you'd ever like help/tips/whatever you may need, feel free to bug me. I like helping people work on developing their pixelling style amd method. smile.gif I must say, practicing on these egg shapes can both be very good and a little hard, since they're so small. Some people work better with small pieces, while others like to pixel larger things, simply because it requires slightly less 'small' detail.

At last! 60/60 First time I got all the eggs available. They are amazing.

Thanks TJ and spriters. laugh.gif

OMG.... Finally... I have got 60..... **dances** wub.gif

Thanks TJ and Staff for all your hard work for us...

**CHUUUUUUUUUUUU**

I know some people were asking, and I apologize that I was a day late on the calendar (got it up this morning), but the calendar is updated with the event info: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=calendar ^^

~

Tsukoyami - it should be no surprise to me that I ended up liking an inside joke egg as one of the best of the event, lol.

I can't tell if the people who keep editing my posts are xenophobic or if they're just not... getting it?

The last post I made with Japanese in it had a translated version of the message for clarification...

Since you asked in public rather than PM'ing, I'm going to respond in public for anyone else wondering.

English is the common language of the mods. We cannot mod what we don't understand. While it's noble and awesome that you provided a translation, sometimes people aren't always the most honest with translations they provide. In order to ensure that any mod who response to a report or is scanning at the forum at the time can mod any post, we ask that you keep things in the language DC operates under - English. If you and another user wish to PM in another language, that would be perfectly fine. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't know where to find the topic but can anyone tell my why I can't access the site?

Never mind it fixed itself.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't know where to find the topic but can anyone tell my why I can't access the site?

Never mind it fixed itself.

Just the regular scheduled maintenance, nothing to worry about.

For the users/spriters who keep reiterating concerns here publicly, instead of PMing Wiki staff (or in the case of some, contacting me and then posting anyway)- the file names for the egg sprites on the Wiki are temporary. They are just names myself and other users use to push out files onto the wiki as fast as we can, and just to get something on the file's name so it doesn't get lost with everything else.

Again, they are temporary. Once I actually know the correct order they appear in in people's baskets, the name is changed to a prefix and series of numbers. To rename 60 files will take around 1-2 hours; I'm not going to do so to change the name only to have to do it all again to change it to a number series- I have explained this on two separate occasions to two separate users now (both messages which are publicly available though). If you take a look at who's uploading said 60 files, the majority of it is coming from a single user- I apologise if I can't get every reference correct or cannot recognise each's details due to poor eyesight for their file names (which aren't actually publicly displayed either- users only see it if they access the image itself).

So yet again, I apologise to all whom I've offended with wiki file names- I don't have much of an alternative except give them a random name and hope the file doesn't get lost. But please next time, take it up with me in PM as the page says instead of talking down about the wiki here on the forums. I'll be staying up late tonight to get the files renamed so there's no need to worry about the incorrect file names being displayed for much longer.

Edited by bluesonic1

Nicely done, Vixen Dra! I was incredibly impressed by the chick despite the simplicity of the egg.

Also, yes... Kittehs. Thank you for always providing a dosage of kittehs, Odeen. Also, your evolution egg is a master piece!

I hope everyone liked my egg. Its the Jackalope one. I was gonna try and make it fancier but I went through hell after re-injuring my foot. I think it looks super bland. I'm sorry for my failure. ;^;

I'm currently in WY, so your egg is very fitting, cute, and appreciated!

[snip]

I'm less concerned about the filenames than I am about the fact that the edit history makes it appear as though you've labelled a spriter renaming their own egg as "malicious".

I'm less concerned about the filenames than I am about the fact that the edit history makes it appear as though you've labelled a spriter renaming their own egg as "malicious".

If you mean the vandalism thing, no there were other users having fun on the page and others uploading duplicates ("malicious" is on the notice, not the history). Likewise, just as I said to the spriter on the wiki, they're not actually renaming a file but uploading a duplicate- users on wikis commonly do this in an attempt to shun the contributions of others and give themselves the credit of contribution. I realise that's not what the spriter was meaning to do hence no action taken, but it's still rude to the community in general. On top of this, it means staff have to sift around and delete the duplicate as well as restore the original contribution on the page. This was also done after the notice left on the talk page saying files didn't need to be renamed as they would end up getting number names in the end anyway.

(If you want to know more, feel free to PM me, I don't mind! I just feel bad hijacking the news thread tongue.gifPlease don't bite me mods lol)

Also, fiiiiinally got my 60 eggs this late afternoon biggrin.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

Beautiful eggs <3 Strange coincidence by the way...just grabbed one with balloons, a kitty and a number 2 on it? Today is my son's birthday... He turns two..lol

Thank-you for such lovely eggs this year! I always look forward to the artistry of the Festival of Eggs.

I LOVE all the cat eggs and Odeen outdid herself with the evolution one! That HAS to be one of my MOST FAVORITES man OMG.

I got all 60 WHOOT :DDD *dances* I finally have all 60 of one year's Easter eggs. X3 Before this year I only had two from like... 2010 the very first Easter. Only. Two. And nothing since. I always kept missing the holidays until this year. ;;-;; Dammit. SO made up for it though YAYZ! X3 WHOOT!

On another note, the AP has some amazing lineages going through it in bland disguises. ouo I am very happy with mah finds OUO Thank ye those who did the breeding and lineages for me and dropped them in the AP. xd.png <3 You're awesome!

Happy end of Easter since by the time I'm awake and on here, no doubt it'll be over the Easter Egg Hunt. xd.png Thanks for giving us 3 days to get them all. X3 Nice and easy and relaxed. smile.gif Using the timer every 6 to 8 minutes or so works like a CHARM and I was able to get like all the eggs over the course of several hours tonight. xd.png WHOOT!

Thank you all for the awesome eggs! <3 Both designed and in the AP LOL!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram