ValidEmotions

Mythological Task Force: Angel Division |IC| Open

(Words!)

"Eliphaz, drop!" comes the booming command of an angel that flapped furiously into the fray, rifle held at the ready. He did not hold his shot for very long as he jerked up suddenly, before going into a dive at the distracted giant, directly behind the beast as he began firing. His weapons magazine normally carries seven rounds, but thanks to a couple modifications, he can fire fifteen rounds before needing to reload. Nithandros had to rely on his fellow angel to dive to the deck so he wouldn't be struck by his munitions. He fired repeatedly, using the recoil of his weapon to adjust for the next shot. Whether by accident or design-mostly by accident-

his bullets impacted the upper back and the back of the neck, where he was surprised and delighted to find the demon give an earth shattering shriek as it began to fade away. "Huh," he said, bringing a hand to his handsome face.

Nithandros was tall at 6' and his body was honed to it's finest edge. His wings themselves are a steely grey with an obsidian outline that has started to outline all of the feathers. His crimson red hair was long, reaching down to his buttocks even if he has it braided. While his olive skin tone provided a nice contrast when taking in with his sky blue eyes. He moved to stand closer to Eliphaz. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked with no small amount of concern. "At least we found how to kill these things, back of the neck or upper back, one of those two, I think. It could've died just from the amount of damage my bullets caused him. Although... I really hope it wasn't just because of that. C'mon, I have a feeling we are needed elsewhere," he finished with an offered hand to pull Eliphaz up.

=====

Karleo laughed without humor at her quib as they were being pressed by the monstrous forms surrounding them. He really cursed himself then for not having their connections

deliver stronger munitions beforehand. But he vowed to make that happen as soon as they are clear. When Zarall began to lift off, he quickly followed suit, ignoring the flaring pain in his injured wing. He didn't need to dwell on it for very long as Zarall took hold of his elbow as she labored to take them away. Karleo continued flapping to aid her and while she had her arms occupied, he continued firing at their foes, hitting most of them in the chest, where he thought he saw air and earth attributed demons coalescing.

He had to have been right as the demons staggered more than once, and though his element is weak against water, he saw that his lightning bullets had a decent effect against the adjoining water demons. He barely took note of the S. O. S. flares that continued to be fired, so focused was he on keeping the mob back. He felt himself fall momentarily before his wings snapped to support his weight. He looked about to locate Zarall and he saw her struggling to keep pace with two of the behemoths, whereas he was left with the other three. "If it is my time to die, let it be said that I went out fighting!" he proclaimed as he began firing with seeming abandon, his aim in the centers and heads of the demons. He wanted to scream, and scream he did, though not the kind of scream he intended, when a demon lunged close enough to swipe at his damaged wing. He caught the movement too late to dodge without exposing Zarall. He felt his wing limb shatter and hang limp from his back, whipping his AR to the side and unloading the rest of his clip into the impertinent demon.

The demon staggered away, turning away at just the right moment as Karleo took out his Saiga shotgun and fired two rounds into the back and neck. The demon gave an agonized roar as it faded into nothingness but Karleo didn't notice, so consumed by rage was he that he took no notice of the effect his aim had on it. He was only able to regain his control when the demon behind him shrieked in pain, he looked that way just long enough to see Zarall teetering on the edge of unconsciousness. "Zarall!" he yelled as he made his way back towards the other angel. He straddled her form and spun circles above her to keep the demons back. However, he did notice that there was one less than there had been. Where's the other one?

He looked up and instead of a demon, he saw another angel fly towards them, gun blazing. "We must leave!" he called to them as he scooped Zarall into his arms, he completely forgot about his wing until he tried flapping and his wing flared angrily. "Take her! Get her out of here!" he roared in frustration. He kneeled down, setting her gently on the ground before taking one of her pistols along with his AR. He attached the pistol to one of the rails and began firing that way, using her pistol as his foregrip and secondary weapon.

Edited by Epyon

"Yeah, that was me," Rey answered, smiling slightly, though it was void of amusement. When she was younger, it had been a matter of pride for refusing to use her sigil. More than twelve hundred years she'd survived on raw skill alone, even when she'd been cornered in similar situations before. There weren't super demons back then, she reminded herself, though now it was pointless to feel like she needed to justify her need for a flare. At this age she was well aware of how idiotic her stubborn desire for self sufficiency was, especially when one slip up-- like today-- could create serious problems. She wasn't perfect, and despite the fact she'd made it this far without much help, the arrival of these new demonic abilities made it clear that flying solo would put her at a disadvantage.

Reydris glanced at her arm in the sling for a brief second and shook her head. "Nah, don't worry about me," she said, tying a piece of fabric from the hem of her own pants leg around one of Larien's bleeding wounds, "You'll need to use whatever strength you have left to recuperate. A dislocated shoulder won't put me out of commission for long." Even if it did hurt like a censorkip.gif*.

Rey was cleaning debris out of another wound when sudden movement flickered in her peripheral. She jerked with a hand on her MP7, but whistled when she recognized the frame of another angel who had landed nearby. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Rey said, smiling. She tried not to look too relieved when they assisted in moving Larien into safer territory, but the gratitude was evident on her face.

She looked the angel over quickly. Rey didn't recognize them, but their presence was soothing. "Thank you for coming," she murmured, rubbing at her injured shoulder. She nodded at them. "I saw a few flares. I had the misfortunate of running into one of those demons on my own. I can't imagine what multiples of those things could do," she said. If only swords were still effective, she might have fared better; melee was her strong suit, and as satisfying as it was to blow holes into demons from afar, there was nothing quite like a blade through the center to rend the censorkip.gif***s into pieces. Rey exhaled noisily and said, "We'll do better as a team, like Larien suggested. Though that means more area to cover, and these Build-A-Demons don't appear to be lessening if what you're saying is true. What we really need is some more back up." Rey glanced upward and scowled.

She stood and rubbed her neck with her good hand, wincing. "Since you still seem to be in one piece, more or less," she said, "would you mind popping my shoulder back into place? The single-handed approach doesn't appear to work very well." She shot them a quick grin and then added, "What's your name, anyway? I don't think I've seen you around much. I'm Reydris, but call me Rey."

Larien had stayed silent again when being moved, more or less devolving back into just listening to the conversation. She never was much one for talk most days. The situation was getting worse with each piece of information given. Wonderful. While Rey was introducing herself, Larien sat up a little more. She was already feeling somewhat better. While the other angel had asked to get her shoulder fixed, Larien decided now was a good enough time to give what information she could.

"My name's Larien. I don't think I've seen you around... but that's probably thanks to the censorkip.gif*** I managed to kill." She smirked a bit, glancing around. "I fought one of those larger demons too, and I'm damn lucky to be alive. It's dead, but I'd like to give the building credit that fell on it for helping me. Though," She paused with a small chuckle, trying her best to not laugh too much at her misfortune. "the building also had fallen on me. Damn demon was furious after clawing its way out of that mess."

She coughed a little, still laughing. "They're tough censorkip.gif*. Don't seem affected much by the normal headshots. Can take lots of hits too. And seems like some of them like smaller packs roaming around to pick off what of us the larger ones can't quite kill." Larien sighed, shifting herself to a more comfortable position. "If we need weapons... we can head to my house.... things have been awfully quiet round there for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure where my weapons had gotten beaten off to." It wasn't like her to lose track of her weapons, but they had been through a lot and emptied somewhere in that battle.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hearing someone shout his name followed by a command, Eliphaz tucked his wings in and fell. A flock of bullets whistled above him, striking the mass of demon in the back. Only when his face nearly scraped the concrete did he spread out his wings, a moment too late. The angel tumbled onto the ground in a rough landing, rolling once or twice before landing in a heap.

He flipped onto his back, righting himself immediately with shotgun in hand. Even if he was lying down, he wouldn't go without trying to load the beast with a few more strikes. To his surprise, though, the fused demons faded away. Sitting up slowly and taking deep breaths to calm his racing heart, Eliphaz ran a hand through his blond locks to smooth them out of his face. His skin was damp. Never in the years he had been on earth had he ever seen anything like that, nor been so close to facing death.

When the other angel came over and offered a hand to pull him up, he gladly took it. His own arm was trembling, and he used his other hand to steady it. "Nathan... Nithandros?" He had a good memory, but some angels wouldn't see each other for decades, or centuries. "I... I'm alright." He forced his feathers to lay flat. "Someone sent a flare, and all I saw was that, that thing. But I don't know if that angel is still... around."

His white coat was just as tarnished as the backside of his white wings. The angel closed his eyes, putting two fingers onto his temple to think. "There can't be just one of these, not after the chaos of the explosions." He always thought he could do more when it came to the fallout, but he wasn't as adept a hunter as many other angels. Eliphaz was fully aware that his speed granted him an advantage, but his lack of experience felt like a significant liability. "We should let as many angels know about the weak point, if you're right."

The younger angel prepared to take flight again. "Shall we separate to cover more ground?"

~~~

With a pistol in each hand, Vale fired. Each shot cracked through the air like thunder though the chaos, and the demon -- the amalgamation -- she struck with bursting metal turned its attention to her instead of Zarall buried under the building. Vale's senses were tuned to the demons' movements and her mind focused on avoiding them. But frustratingly, a stalling game would lead them nowhere when it was currently three against five, with both of the other angels injured.

One of the demons staggered in her peripheral vision. And, to her surprise, faded away. Vale touched the ground and leapt back into the air, gaining altitude to get a better view.

"Aim for the back!" she shouted to Karleo. "Headshots are useless!" The demon following her lunged during the precious few seconds when she turned her attention away, and swatted her with sharp claws into a building. Following her own advice, she twisted around and pushed off the concrete with her feet, flying low along the belly of the leaping demon. Her side was burning but he didn't dare to break her focus as she unleashed the rest of her enchanted bullets into the demon's back with much less precision than usual. It faded as well, and from the pained cries Vale had a hypothesis that strikes to what seemed like the back of the neck were more effective than the usual.

Making a wide circle back to where the other angels were, Vale reloaded right before she landed, firing more shots to assist with repelling the demons away from unconscious Zarall. Her grey wings resembled ominous storm clouds floating behind her as she held them poised. One attack to those appendages and she would be no better off than Karleo, who she noticed didn't fly -- because he couldn't.

"Aim for the back," she repeated. "Upper back." And as much as she hated leaving him behind, practically, leaving the conscious angel to fend for himself would buy them more time.

She gripped Zarall's body with both her arms, leaving Karleo with four words before she shot into the air and onto the top of one of the undamaged high-rise buildings.

"Try not to die."

Edited by TehUltimateMage