andromedae

What TV show or Movie would you recommend?

I'm curious to know what movies or TV shows you guys not only like but seriously recommend tongue.gif but most importantly, the reasons why you would! So, looking forward to everyone's thoughts smile.gif

I know I would definitely recommend Sense8 because it has sci-fi elements, a compelling storyline and several characters portrayed as protagonists, that way, you don't get bored about a story relying on one or just a few people. If you're like me and like a story that involves diversity in its characters and a good concept, watch it!

Outlander! If you're looking for a smart, strategic, awesome female lead, this is the show to watch!

The Mysteries of Laura. It's a detective/cop show that has drama, humor and is very witty. The main character is tough as nails, yet gentle and thinks outside the box. It's a show that makes you guess and lets you have fun trying to figure out who is guilty. The supporting cast is great and just when you think you have it figured out it surprises you.

The second season just wrapped up about 2-3 weeks ago and I can't wait to see the next season coming this fall.

Season two is better than the first, but the first is just as awesome. I was hooked after just one episode, and I normally don't like mystery cop shows like that. This was a happy exception. smile.gif

Poirot! It's a British Mystery show, and it ran from 1989 to 2013. There are 13 seasons, and I've slowly been watching all the episodes for about a year now.

I love all four of the main characters, which is a rarity for me, and while some of the episodes are dark, the overall mood of the show is positive - even though they are dealing with murder. That's why I like it so much.

They're all based off of Agatha Christie novels, and I must say that she's a genius. How all of the murderers accomplished what they did, and how Poirot figured out how they did it is simply amazing.

There are two ways one can watch the show: pay very close attention and try to solve the case on your own, or sit back and watch Poirot at work.

On top of all that, the instrumental background music is outstanding. I recommend this show to everyone. happy.gif

I really recommend "Firefly". It's a very entertaining sci-fi with enough drama, an interesting story and awesome characters. And it's only 13 episodes so nothing that time-consuming.

I am currently obsessed with The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow! The are all connected.

Poirot! It's a British Mystery show, and it ran from 1989 to 2013. There are 13 seasons, and I've slowly been watching all the episodes for about a year now.

Somehow surprised yet not surprised to see a fellow Poirot fan on here xd.png

What do I recommend?

The Blacklist - In itself, it's an amazing series. The characters are well-written, the plots - both each individual episode and the overarching storylines - are amazing, the dialogue can be both serious and funny at the right times.

But most of all, I recommend this for the main character; Raymond "Red" Reddington. He has got to be one of the best designed characters I've ever seen. And I don't recommend shows for just one character. Ever. That's how much I like the guy.

Gravity Falls - Not gonna lie, I ignored this show until fairly recently because I'm not big on most modern cartoons, with only Steven Universe being the exception. But when I did watch it, I was hooked. Funny yet dark, quirky and mysterious in equal measure. It might be finished, but it is worth watching.

Edited by CharonDusk

Forever.

A very sweet TV Show with only 22 episodes ~ story, actors and everything is just perfect - 10/10 I'm 100% sure everyone would fall in love and want more seasons for this TV-series ☺

Immortal doctor helping out police solving murder cases ☺

The Little Prince (2015), based on the French book of the same name. I would really recommend reading the book first but the movie is also extremely powerful. The 2015 version is an animated movie and it's basically a story inside a story. Its really hard to describe without spilling but it is just beautiful with a lot of lessons in life embedded into it and it will make you question and think about yourself and your life. 

TV shows

Phineas and Ferb

Milo Murphy's Law

Once Upon a Time (only the first six seasons)

Mysteries at the Museum

The Legend of Korra

My Little Pony

Movies

Jurassic Park (1-3)

Jurassic World

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

Guardians of the Galaxy (both 1 and 2)

Home Alone 1,2, 3

Any Disney Movie

I'm going to stop there otherwise I'm going to take a huge section of the thread up. Of course, these are some of my personal favourites. 

Haven't watched anything good since a while. But I can reccomend my favourite movies.

The Crow (1994)

Queen of the damned

Death race

First one is classic thriller and the most famous movie of Brandon Lee, son of Bruce Lee, the story tells how young couple is killed day before their wedding, an year later a crow lands on the grave of the man and bring him back from death to revenge. One of the best movies you can watch.

Queen of the damned is one of the best vampire movies, my personal favourite.

Death race is far in the future when law does no cost a thing, in private prison all jailed have one last chance to earn their freedom - at the arena with deadly vehicles. The one who survive to the end of the race will be free.

On 7/4/2016 at 3:07 PM, chickadeelover said:

I love all four of the main characters, which is a rarity for me, and while some of the episodes are dark, the overall mood of the show is positive - even though they are dealing with murder. That's why I like it so much.

They're all based off of Agatha Christie novels, and I must say that she's a genius. How all of the murderers accomplished what they did, and how Poirot figured out how they did it is simply amazing.

There are two ways one can watch the show: pay very close attention and try to solve the case on your own, or sit back and watch Poirot at work.

On top of all that, the instrumental background music is outstanding. I recommend this show to everyone. happy.gif

Me, too! I like Poirot because it is so relaxing and quiet expecially when it is set in the English countryside!

For historical mystery fans, I always recommend the Cadfael series, based on the Ellis Peters novels. While they don't always follow the books as well as I like, they're still quite good. Derek Jacobi is amazing as Brother Cadfael, fitting the role to where I can't picture anyone else playing the part.

(I definitely suggest reading the books as well, but only *after* you've seen the shows.)

Inuyasha and The Lord of the Rings are life-changers, and my two favorites.

I recommend the movie Wind River. It is set in Wyoming, a large part of it on indigenous land. It is a mystery movie that is heartbreaking but needs to be watched.

I recommend A Weekend Away. It is a mystery set in Croatia and London, with a lot of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat right until the very end. It is on NetFlix. 

I recommend "Nomadland".  It is on either on NetFlix or Amazon.  It was very interesting, showing an alternate lifestyle where people actually live like nomads in the United States. The acting was great. It seemed more like a documentary than a scripted movie. 

I noticed that the Swedish film Unga Astrid (Becoming Astrid, 2018) was to HBO, so I decided to watch it again. I saw it already when it was playing at the cinema and it made me cry, I think it's a beautiful film!

Also, today I went to see Céline Sciamma's Petite Maman with my mom and oh, it was wonderful! One of the best films I've seen for a long time, I'd say. A high recommendation from me, if you get a chance to see it.

Edited by Varislapsi

I rewatched the movie "Flight".  I had forgotten how excellent it was.  It is about the crash of a civilian passenger airliner and the investigations that follow.  It was excellent with excellent performances.  The story line was very interesting and I recommend to watch the movie. 

Kamen Rider Ryuki! It's a tokusatsu show about thirteen Kamen Riders duking it out to have their wish granted and one well-meaning man who gets involved in order to stop the conflict. It's insanely well-written and if you don't shy away from works aimed at children, I recommend giving it a go. It also inspired Madoka Magica

Another Kamen Rider favorite I have is Fourze, which is about a boy making friends with everyone in his school and visiting space. It's more goofy and childish, but still really sweet.

Star Wars 4- 9 (The first 3 stunk)

Jurassic Park 

Jurassic World

Guardians of the Galaxy (both 1 and 2)

Titanic

The Matrix movies

Game of Thrones

Castle

The Flash

Arrow

Stargate

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Atlantis

Tron

Planet of the Apes

Alien and Aliens 

The Halloween movies

The Final Distention movies

The Childes Play movies

Edited by jJedi_Master_1

Has no one recommended Arcane yet? it's on netflix, a show based off of the lore of League of Legends, and you don't need to know anything about the game to enjoy the show.

MV5BYmU5OWM5ZTAtNjUzOC00NmUyLTgyOWMtMjlk