Aquenee

Stardew Valley

I'm curious, is Stardew Valley a complete game? I'm wary of anything Chucklefish after getting Starbound and being really disappointed in how barren and grindy it was.

I'm curious, is Stardew Valley a complete game? I'm wary of anything Chucklefish after getting Starbound and being really disappointed in how barren and grindy it was.

Yes it is! Chucklefish is just the publisher, ConcernedApe is responsible for making and completing this lovely game. It is a full, wonderful game, but it IS still going through minor updates from time to time (as most games do.).

Yes it is! Chucklefish is just the publisher, ConcernedApe is responsible for making and completing this lovely game. It is a full, wonderful game, but it IS still going through minor updates from time to time (as most games do.).

Awesome sauce, I'll have to buy it after my birthday.

Awesome sauce, I'll have to buy it after my birthday.

I promise you won't regret it. I've put in over 50 hours on it in the last two months, the only reason I don't have more into it is because I've been busy with pretty much a three week vacation. Can't wait to start playing it again.

This game is starting up a bad habit in me. I've neglected everything for a few days because of it. |D Meanwhile I'm married to Abigail and she's such a cutie-patootie, quartz-eating weirdo. My first winter has come and I'm working on my mining.

I haven't played in a couple months and had to delete the game (for now) to make space, but I really like it.

I can't remember exactly how far I got, but I had most of the tools upgraded to max (except one), was married and working on everyone's full hearts, was waiting on a child. The child never came, even after many in-game months of 'hey, you want to adopt a kid?' Maybe a glitch.

My farm was a mess though, I'm not good at organizing things. It's cool to see everyone else's farms, all sorted by crop/building etc.

Have any of you tried the new 1.1 update? I'm a big fan of the new farms, particularly the Hilltop Farm. I like the wilderness farm too, but having all the monsters bothers me. How about you guys?

I have seen no mention of this wonderful little farming sim. Tons of people  I think by now have heard of Terraria, Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. Stardew Valley is visually similiar to Terraria and some of the older Harvest Moon games. You start out on a rundown farm and have to build it up from there. There is more to it that meets the eye and I honestly feel like the game is a little bit underrated. What are your opinions of the game. Are there features you like or dislike in the game? If you do not have the game, does it interest you?

For those of you who have played it, what year os your farm at? Who did you decide to marry? What did you name your dog/cat? Did you side with Joja?

I have played it and I am not at all far in it. So far I'm enjoying it. I'm just kind of annoyed that I managed to decline a quest because I clicked the wrong x. I think I'll probably restart my farm, since I wasn't doing so well.

I only play the game intermittently, but I love it and I'm currently in year 4, I think.  I'm actually doing really well, so far.  I just need to try and get further in Skull Cavern.

I just started a couple of weeks ago and really enjoying it. I'm onto my third year now :) Still gotta unlock the community centre...

i will never forgive this game for not letting me marry the wizard

(i still love harvey tho)

Bought the game the day it came out and have loved it since. sadly haven't played in a few months due to computer area issues but will get back to it eventually.

I married Penny, but I like Leah and Abigail too.  I'm so torn between the three.  And I'm attracted to intelligence, so I'm sure that I would like Maru too if I talked to her more, but I just don't see her all that often.

On 6/2/2018 at 8:35 AM, Peachycupcake525 said:

I have played it and I am not at all far in it. So far I'm enjoying it. I'm just kind of annoyed that I managed to decline a quest because I clicked the wrong x. I think I'll probably restart my farm, since I wasn't doing so well.

I can agree that sometimes the controls can get a little frustrating, especiall considering I play on a mobile console. I cannot tell you how many new games I have started due to mistakes I made.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, Lightstorm12000 said:

I only play the game intermittently, but I love it and I'm currently in year 4, I think.  I'm actually doing really well, so far.  I just need to try and get further in Skull Cavern.

Skull Cavern is by far my favorite place to be, maybe because I love spelunking... It does sound like you are doing well so far! What is your favorite season so far?

On 6/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, Metto said:

I just started a couple of weeks ago and really enjoying it. I'm onto my third year now :) Still gotta unlock the community centre...

You should unlock the community center! It has some really useful perks especially if you are on your third year!

22 hours ago, Switch said:

i will never forgive this game for not letting me marry the wizard

(i still love harvey tho)

I cannot forgive the game for not letting me marry the Dwarf if we are being honest. My second choice was the wizard, but the game loves to tease us. There are mods that let you marry the Dwarf and the Wizard though. :P

12 hours ago, water_angel said:

Bought the game the day it came out and have loved it since. sadly haven't played in a few months due to computer area issues but will get back to it eventually.

Honestly it brought back the early days of harvest moon for me which is probably why I love it so much. There is just so much to do in the game. What specifically do you love about it? :)

9 hours ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

I married Penny, but I like Leah and Abigail too.  I'm so torn between the three.  And I'm attracted to intelligence, so I'm sure that I would like Maru too if I talked to her more, but I just don't see her all that often.

Honestly I love all the characters. Leah is one of my favorites too, probably because she is the artistic type kind of like me. What is your favorite thing to do?

I like Stardew Valley but I wish the long-term goal... took more time. makes it hard to stick with the game past like, 3 years tbh. compared to... let's say, Harvest Moon Magical Melody, where I'm on year 5 and still not done getting all the notes. maybe Magical Melody just spoiled me in that way. blah.

I married Sebastian on my new file. my fave marriage candidate is Abigail tho, she is everything. but emo nerd is also adorable. 👌 I'm on year 3, but I'm playing with the beta and waiting until some mods are updated.

12 hours ago, Sunlexor said:

Skull Cavern is by far my favorite place to be, maybe because I love spelunking... It does sound like you are doing well so far! What is your favorite season so far?

Honestly I love all the characters. Leah is one of my favorites too, probably because she is the artistic type kind of like me. What is your favorite thing to do?

I just haven't gotten that far in Skull Cavern, probably due to the fact that I use the normal mine progression method.  I'd probably get a lot farther if I used the bomb method.

As for my favorite season, I really like fall.  The holidays are fun and there are just so many crops to grow, not to mention fall is my favorite season IRL too.

And my favorite thing to do?  Hmm...  I do tend to forage around a lot when I'm not farming.  I've gotten a lot better at fishing though.  Been trying to get the all of the Legendary fish, but the actual Legend Fish has been giving me fits.  The Glacierfish and Mutant Carp bit on my line almost right away, but I can't get it to bite for anything.  My fishing is at level 10 and I'm positive that I'm in the right season for it, so I don't know what the problem is.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I'm so addicted to this game now. I have had it on my Steam wishlist forever, and I finally bought it as a little present to myself for passing my prelims and moving to doctoral candidacy. i'm in year three, my community centre is done, and I am currently working on maxing hearts with everyone and filling my extra barn and all my sheds with kegs to turn everything into wine.

I am waiting on my mods to catch up with Beta before trying out multiplayer. I mostly just have reskins, but there are a few other non game-breaking ones I like, too, like labels for fruit trees and crops and the Better Ranching mod to put icons over the animals that still need pet or milked/sheered. 

I love Stardew Valley! I'm actually planning my next farm, where I'll be playing a dragon girl named Cassie. I prefer to play with texture mods since the vanilla game is too over-saturated for me~

big.png

On 6/3/2018 at 10:09 PM, Sunlexor said:

Honestly it brought back the early days of harvest moon for me which is probably why I love it so much. There is just so much to do in the game. What specifically do you love about it? :)

With the newer harvest moon games, I miss the old school mining, spending hours digging and digging for the things you needed to upgrade your tools was one of the fun things for me. I like that it has the dungeons.

I also like the different amount of things you can grow. the trees are great, as HM doesn't have too many of those. 

I overall love the sheer amount of things to do. Fixing the town, growing the crops, building the buildings (however you want) and now that they have multiple types of farms, it makes for endless replays. 

I just picked up this game recently for my Switch! It's so cute. I actually made a new file once I got halfway through Autumn, since it was more like my tutorial haha. And then I restarted THAT file because I didn't like the name I chose for myself. Now I'm cute with a cute name and I'm 110% going to marry Abigail because she's like my dream girl. 😍

Omg this just made me remember about Stardew Valley D:, is the multiplayer update out yet on Xbox/PS? I stopped playing it when that was announced so that me and my misses could make a co op save file lol.

I think my main save has been going for something like 45 in game years so yeah I was weirdly obsessed with it for a period lol

19 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Omg this just made me remember about Stardew Valley D:, is the multiplayer update out yet on Xbox/PS? I stopped playing it when that was announced so that me and my misses could make a co op save file lol.

I think my main save has been going for something like 45 in game years so yeah I was weirdly obsessed with it for a period lol

The co-op update has been out for Switch for a while now (PC got it long before anyone else), so I'm sure that it's out for XBOX One and PS4 as well.

4 hours ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

The co-op update has been out for Switch for a while now (PC got it long before anyone else), so I'm sure that it's out for XBOX One and PS4 as well.

I checked and it's still not out :( on Concernedapes twitter he said its been pushed back again....