Aquenee

Stardew Valley

user posted image

"You've inherited your grandfather's old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?"

So I've been addicted to this lovely game for a week, hehe.

There is so much to do. Of course, you have a massive selection of crops to grow each season, so you could focus on farming. There's also fishing, which can earn you a ton of gold and the fish you find differ depending on the season and where you fish. You could choose to spend your time foraging for various wild plants and resources out in the wild (or even on your own overgrown farmland). Perhaps you would prefer to go mining for ores and valuable gems, which also comes with combat, because you can't go and rob the earth of its precious minerals without facing a bunch of slimes and weird bug things! You could even spend your time socializing with a very diverse array of characters (and romancing some of them wink.gif ). Then there's also hunting for artifacts, raising livestock, decorating your home/farm, and of course participating in the seasonal festivities. I've probably missed out on half of the feature of this fantastic game.

So, anyone else here addicted to Stardew Valley?

I'm personally almost done with autumn. I've been overflowing my farm with cranberries and making some insane gold with them. Been blowing a bunch of it on buying coffee to seduce Harvey with, but that is perfectly fine xd.png

I'm all the way at winter now and regretting that I missed my chance to catch the two night fish for the community center. I spend most my time venturing through the mines at the moment, but I'll probably fish some time.

I completed my fish bundle, craft room bundle, boiler room bundle, vault bundle... I think I just have the crop bundle and the bulletin board bundle left now. Should be finishing the bulletin board one really soon though, I've been waiting on a time to be able to grow wheat...

The crop one, though. I've completed all but the 'perfect crop' one ( five of several gold-star crops like corn, parsnip, melon, pumpkin ).

Already married and trying to get 10 heart friendship with people. So far all I've done is get Demetrius to 10 hearts and get Sebastian to 12 hearts ( i take good care of my bae >:U )

i originally wasnt going to buy it because i didnt like any of the bachelors but i found a mod that redrew all the portraits and made harvey attractive so i bought the game just the other day it's quite good im only a few days into the first spring. im on 2 hearts with harvey

Edited by Switch

made harvey attractive

psssh harvey is always attractive.

Granted I do also have a mod that gives him a lovely beard xd.png

I haven't had very much time to play recently, so I'm still in my first winter. I've also only gotten the craft room completed, but I'm almost there on the fish tank one.

I'm givin' Sam cactus and Abigail cake every day and somehow I managed to get Evelyn to 10 hearts before them and I wasn't even giving her her 'most loved' gifts? Squints at game.

I always roll a female in most games, but I didn't like any of the bachelors :/ Sam was typical cool guy, Sebastian was typical shut in goth kid, Alex was the jock, Elliot was the mr. Fabulous, and Harvey had a creepy moustache tongue.gif So I just ended up having my girl marry Penny tongue.gif Though on a second run through, if I'm a girl again I'd probably go for harvey (hooray for mods removing the stache).

I've cleared the foraging, vault and boiler room bundles, got just one fish till the fish one, got the summer, autum and quality crop bundles to go (but got parsnips down and I'm expecting a lot of 5 star melons) then just got like 1 or 2 different things for the bulletin.

Also got Penny and Shane at 10 stars (though penny's technically at 13) got leah and Haley at 8 then several others at above 5. Also only got 2 more of the legendary fish to catch!! And I now have a Dinosaur biggrin.gif

I love this game too. It has all the harvest moon elements plus extras that don't make it feel like it was just another one. I'm planning on marrying sebastian but I want to see all of sam's heart events too. I finished the first mine and haven't tried the second one. I'm saving up for other things before I buy better swords.

I'm working on getting my fruit tree section up and building more beehives. In the bundles I've only completed the vault craft room and boiler room so far, but I'm really close with the other three. Just need to make the artisan goods and I finally got a handle on fishing so I can now complete that. I even caught one of the legendary fish.

Has anyone seen the farming tool that someone put out? you can plan out your farm. It's an awesome tool to use.

Has anyone seen the farming tool that someone put out? you can plan out your farm. It's an awesome tool to use.

i always like to plan things like this in videogames ahead of time so that would be very useful for me do you have a link to the tool or something?

Edited by Switch

I only have 3 7x7 patches of crops, 4 chickens, a duck, a dinosaur, 2 cows 2 goats and 3 beehuts... and a lot of kegs and preserves jars biggrin.gif

I feel like I should have more :/

I tackled the 2nd mine... died on the 2nd floor due to a fog swarm of Mega Rayquazas tongue.gif Mods laugh.gif

i always like to plan things like this in videogames ahead of time so that would be very useful for me do you have a link to the tool or something?

https://stardew.info/planner/

Here it is smile.gif. I found out the hard way that everytime you hit save it generates a new link so if you save, then save again, you have to re bookmark the link to get back to what you did. Mapped out my whole farm, which took me all day and then closed it thinking it was the same link. I was not happy when I reopened it.

I've got two apiaries, three kegs, five or six lightning rods, one deluxe coop ( two void chickens, two rabbits, one chicken and a duck ), one deluxe barn ( two sheep, two cows, two goats, and one pig ), I've got the mushroom setup from Demetrius in the cave out back, two preserve jars, two cheese makers, two mayonnaise machines, two smelting machines, an oil maker... a couple coal makers here n' there... ahhhh I have so much stuff and I'm still trying to get enough hardwood to upgrade my house to the third and final upgrade.

I always play as male in games, and most games ( though not all ) tend to have an opposite-sex-only spouse/marriage system. I was absolutely delighted by the fact that I could marry same-sex ( hence why I began wooing so early and married Sebastian in Spring of my second year. )

Does anyone know anything about modding, by the way? I'd LOVE to try my hand at doing portraits of the characters that could be replaced ( I probably wouldn't use them as I do like most of the original portraits, it'd more or less be for other people to use and for me to do as an experiment ).

Does anyone know anything about modding, by the way?

Yes, I have actually messed around with modding quite a bit. My practice hasn't gone further than just making Lewis's shirt red, but that is more than enough skill than is required to redraw a portrait.

Here is a good place to get started: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads...n-redux.109131/

Portraits and graphic editing are pretty much all covered by XNB modding, so you should probably stay in that range! I did find a very nice tutorial for XNBnode earlier, I'll link it if I can find it again.

EDIT: XNB modding does require that you download XNBnode. This is because all of the graphics files are .xnb files, and XNBnode allows you to unpack those files so you can edit them as a normal .png file and then turn them back into a normal .xnb file. There is a step-by-step process here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7N...s2S5_MA9to/edit

Edited by Aquenee

Yes, I have actually messed around with modding quite a bit. My practice hasn't gone further than just making Lewis's shirt red, but that is more than enough skill than is required to redraw a portrait.

Here is a good place to get started: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads...n-redux.109131/

Portraits and graphic editing are pretty much all covered by XNB modding, so you should probably stay in that range! I did find a very nice tutorial for XNBnode earlier, I'll link it if I can find it again.

EDIT: XNB modding does require that you download XNBnode. This is because all of the graphics files are .xnb files, and XNBnode allows you to unpack those files so you can edit them as a normal .png file and then turn them back into a normal .xnb file. There is a step-by-step process here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7N...s2S5_MA9to/edit

Thanks. I'll try again- I tried last night with the XNB modding thing and had no luck at all, so... today is a new day.

https://stardew.info/planner/

Here it is :). I found out the hard way that everytime you hit save it generates a new link so if you save, then save again, you have to re bookmark the link to get back to what you did. Mapped out my whole farm, which took me all day and then closed it thinking it was the same link. I was not happy when I reopened it.

thank you!! ill definitely make use of it

Finally completed repairing the community center, and I unlocked the greenhouse.

Also adopted a babby.

Woooooo

I play this game and I really love it! <3 I married Sebastian because he reminded me of Sebastian from Black Butler and it was love at first sight xd.png I am playing as a female and now trying to get Sebastian to let me have his baby lol. The thing I like most though is the farming and battling you get to do.

I play this game and I really love it! <3 I married Sebastian because he reminded me of Sebastian from Black Butler and it was love at first sight xd.png I am playing as a female and now trying to get Sebastian to let me have his baby lol. The thing I like most though is the farming and battling you get to do.

You know, I'm surprised there isn't a mod that changes him to the butler :/

I've been gathering up hardwood to get my house to level 3, but also want to save money for seeds for the next season :/

You know, I'm surprised there isn't a mod that changes him to the butler :/

I've been gathering up hardwood to get my house to level 3, but also want to save money for seeds for the next season :/

You know that sounds really cool and I wish that mod will happen soon because I need that in my life now. I want to see Sebastian changed into a handsome demon butler.

I need more money, it is so hard for me to save up on this game!

i got level 10 fishing and im doing pretty well i make about 4k a day on that. i spend all day just fishing excluding the time it takes me to talk to harvey and buy him a coffee.

Edited by Switch

I am completely in LOVE with the game! biggrin.gif I am currently in the second year - nearing the third, as I am in winter now. Already have a horse, big coop and barn and a ton of animals plus dinosaurs biggrin.gif already married too (chose Sebastian because why not, hes cool) and nearing the last house upgrade, kind of short of hardwood now. I also caught an anglerfish and it made me so happy haha xd.png Sometimes it gets kind of repetetive so i try to change th9ings up by doing stuff for the comunity center etc. But overall, its a really nice, relaxing and interesting game and I see myself in playing so much more of it in the future ^^

Edited by Ryuuka-chan

i hope dlc comes out that lets me marry the wizard tho hes the cutest guy in this game by far

also i caught a crimsonfish and found 3 neptune's glaives in a single night.............. exploring the mines is much easier now....

edit: five neptunes glaives

Edited by Switch

Just got myself the greenhouse and I'm filling it with plants that constantly produce goods biggrin.gif

Also didn't realise I'd gotten the deluxe barn until I went to buy it after upgrading my hosue to level 3... also a packed level 2 house... doesn't mean a packed level 3 house tongue.gif So barren first thing I did was go and buy a bunch of furniture biggrin.gif Also a pig and a sheep.

All of my kegs and preserve jars have paid off... been getting 10000+ each day close to 20000 a few times biggrin.gif MONEY!!!

I've only just begun but I'm obsessed, haha. I think I'm lagging on all the cool stuff I could be doing, after reading all your adventures!

Also, ARE YOU SAYING I CAN HATCH ONE OF THE DINOSAUR EGGS? WHYYYY OH WHY DID I SELL THEM

I've only just begun but I'm obsessed, haha. I think I'm lagging on all the cool stuff I could be doing, after reading all your adventures!

Also, ARE YOU SAYING I CAN HATCH ONE OF THE DINOSAUR EGGS? WHYYYY OH WHY DID I SELL THEM

i've gotten three from fishing, you should be able to get more. also you should donate one of them to the museum too.

i got married to harvey (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄ hes so cute i luv him