TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Oooh, a second flood! Hopefully that means people who missed them the first time get a second go at them smile.gif

Ooo. I'm hoping my Sapphire genders female. I have plans for her if she does.

Also, great job on the Antarean Dragon. For some reason, the wings look strikingly Egyptian. Was that intentional?

thank you for the eggs! i am so happy that i was able to catch and influence a few of each. I was really worried for a few days biggrin.gif

&&

thanks spriters for your hard work too

Everyone seems to have gone for the gold first. Or at least, in my trading I'm only getting gold offers. Not that I mind at all. But I'm going to have to get myself a 2nd set of sapphires on my own smile.gif

I'm REALLY loving that particular blue with that particular gold/amber/toasty orange of the two eggs together on the Scroll - YUMMY!

I haven't had any issue whatsoever getting them, and I see them in the cave popping up to the tune of 4ish every 5 minutes or so. blink.gif

If people are having issues getting one, reach out via the trading thread.

I was able to grab 3 more orange and 2 more blue (and 2 mis-clicks oops) so they're pretty easy to grab now. If anyone missed out I'd suggest just chilling out in the desert for a while, you'll see them.

I'm so glad they are showing up more! I have 4 Dustbutts and 4 Sapphires, which is good enough for now, but I'm glad that it looks like they won't be rare.

Finally got a blue egg! Happy to see them around the cave more.

Had to drop a gemshard to make room for it, but I think it's worth it!

Given that at the *same time* that the "Almandines were glitched" thread was moved mysteriously to Suggestions by Parties Unknown was when the Sapphires and Antareans suddenly started dropping....

I'm guessing and had already guessed that this is the explanation, that they were glitched. TJ checked something, saw something wasn't right, and fixed it. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Actually SockPuppet Strangler had posted that she moved the thread back on this page https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173910&st=60

To keep with this topic, I can't wait to try out some nice breeding lines. I agree that the Sapphires look really nice with the Silver Tinsels.

user posted image

COLORS~

If no one hordes these, I'm doing it myself. One way or another, this is going to happen, even if I have to beat down the ratios with a stick.

EDIT: @Nightwalkerkey: New releases initially are impossible to breed and get anything but themselves. If you want a prizekin, it should be pretty easy though ^^

Oooh, that is quite pretty... That's what I figured though, breeding prizes from them would be bad. Ah well, I'll just wait and see....

Antarean dragons used to have a little star around them, so the name may have been influenced by Antares which is a particularly bright star. I was sure antarea was a real dictionary word but maybe I imagined that.

It seems they were indeed influenced by the star Antares. Check out Nirami's infodump here.

Specifically, look at the first image /w/ descriptions, the reference pic, and the color inspiration.

Missed the initial release, so I'm glad they're still dropping! Managed to egg lock myself with them. <3 A good birthday present indeed. x3

So like, there was a sudden influx of the orange eggs xd.png Suddenly like 10 in a row showed up.

Not complaining though, that was the only kind I needed since I already managed to get three Sapphires.

Looks like the flood is over, and the biomes are back to normal... except that there are WAY too many new releases.

Too many?? Tell that to those of us who didn't get many during the flood! I'm just fine with it, personally. I'm going to need lots more of both. xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

I've just realized the Sapphire pose depicts the dragon singing

OH MY! I can totally picture it - like an opera singer hitting a crescendo!

Thank you so much, TJ, for giving us another flood! Managed to pick up a few more of both breeds. Will probably be gifting a few tomorrow. smile.gif

<3

That's pretty normal. Like Xeno's and Lunar's they'll be commonish in the biomes until the ratios do a "check" then the cave blockers will over run the biomes again and they'll be more sporadic.