TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

What a nice surprise to see after not having a computer for a few days. Sad I missed the initial release but happy to see 2 beautiful new dragons.

Have the artists made any additional comments about their dragons yet? They (the dragons) are very very nice and a really great addition to the Cave, thanks so much for all the work that went into them!

I'm so happy my favorite requested breed is finally in the cave. I need to start hoarding. o3o

Aah the Antareans are so pretty! Still looking for one... laugh.gif

Me, I'm thinking of these. xd.png

I wonder if our dragons share more than a name with these aliens. Maybe their glowing is that life-force...? smile.gif

As predicted, there are people trying to trade new releases for 2g prizes and cb golds.

Fat chance I'll ever get a CB Gold or SIlver to trade for these guys, I'll keep my head in the lairs thanks xd.png If anything once people get adults and start breeding them I'll try to trade for a second gen.

As predicted, there are people trying to trade new releases for 2g prizes and cb golds.

Wow i guess my trades will not be good then. Tries to decided weather to abandon my trades i have up or not.

These are lovely smile.gif Thanks, TJ and spriters!

GET READY FOR THE INFODUMP EVERYONE. \o/

Sooo the Antareans were technically in development for several years, and went through 3 stages. Here's the first one, and my first attempt at spriting, back in 2010!

Link to image, together with descriptions. This was in 2010 so my English wasn't that good.

A few years later I decided to revisit them, this time officially, on the forums. With the help of Ashywolf and (i think?) Verridith, some progress on them has been made but then I disappeared off the face of the internet for like a year. Anyway, here's the art from that era:

A shaded sketch.

A shaded bust.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Then there was a phase when I tried to do some sketches and reference pictures, here's some of them:

A reference pic.

An adult sketch. Wings were made with the help of people in #arts.

A hatchling sketch or something.

New adult sketch that ended up being used.

Anyway, old sprites from the last era, here we go! Here's the initial version of the female.

user posted image

The tails of the adults both went through some significant changes.

There was a suggestion to make their manes yellow, but I didn't like it much.

user posted image

And here go the old hatchlings!

Aaaaand lastly, here's some fun art I made.

A coloured bust.

An unfinished 3D sculpture.

A coloured version of one of the sketches.

An Irestion alien snuggling an Antarean.

And a recent sketch.

Oh and by the way, here's the colour inspiration for these guys.

That's all I think. Enjoy this infodump o/

(Also, I had a dream about my Antareans, they were cat-sized, lived in water and glowed when you touched them. I got to hold one. It was amazing. <3)

Edited by NiramiTheRaven196

GET READY FOR THE INFODUMP EVERYONE. \o/

Sooo the Antareans were technically in development for several years, and went through 3 stages. Here's the first one, and my first attempt at spriting, back in 2010!

Link to image, together with descriptions. This was in 2010 so my English wasn't that good.

A few years later I decided to revisit them, this time officially, on the forums. With the help of Ashywolf and (i think?) Verridith, some progress on them has been made but then I disappeared off the face of the internet for like a year. Anyway, here's the art from that era:

A shaded sketch.

A shaded bust.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Then there was a phase when I tried to do some sketches and reference pictures, here's some of them:

A reference pic.

An adult sketch. Wings were made with the help of people in #arts.

A hatchling sketch or something.

New adult sketch that ended up being used.

Anyway, old sprites from the last era, here we go! Here's the initial version of the female.

user posted image

The tails of the adults both went through some significant changes.

And here go the old hatchlings!

Aaaaand lastly, here's some fun art I made.

A coloured bust.

An unfinished 3D sculpture.

A coloured version of one of the sketches.

An Irestion alien snuggling an Antarean.

And a recent sketch.

That's all I think. Enjoy this infodump o/

(Also, I had a dream about my Antareans, they were cat-sized, lived in water and glowed when you touched them. I got to hold one. It was amazing. <3)

This is awesome thank you for these loeily dragons. biggrin.gifwub.gif

Nirami, how rare are they supposed to be? Especially since I've not seen a whisker of one since the Release. They're gorgeous.

Thanks for the info Nirami! They look gorgeous and it's awesome to be able to see the changes they went through.

Nirami, how rare are they supposed to be? Especially since I've not seen a whisker of one since the Release. They're gorgeous.

I intended for them to be uncommon, but who knows if the Bossman set it that way. ;p

Wow i guess my trades will not be good then. Tries to decided weather to abandon my trades i have up or not.

People where talking early about if annoying people will start popping up asking too much for new releases like people do every release. So this it what they are referring to. So you are goodxD

Just missed an Antarean egg so they are around, I just am too slow T_T But maybe once the fervor dies down a bit they will be easier to find and/or trade for. Patience is the key.....now to find some xd.png

People where talking early about if annoying people will start popping up asking too much for new releases like people do every release. So this it what they are referring to. So you are goodxD

Oh ok thanks makes me feel better. biggrin.gif

First non-holiday I reaaaaaaaally like and ofc I missed. Ah well, this just means I'll be in the cave more than I have been in a long time! Definitely hoarding those deserts, though. Such beauties!

Just picked up an Antarean from the AP!! To whoever dropped it: thank you, you are a saint

In the desert, I'm still seeing an average of 4 antareans and 1-2 sapphires per hour, give or take based on speed of biome movement.

Still looking for another sapphire egg, but I keep spaz-clicking and catching Xenos instead. I've caught 4 so far today. rolleyes.gif

Of course, my 'net was done this weekend, so I missed the initial flood drop.

Been looking when I can, though; have yet to see one.

Will probably focus on my breeding projects and see if happen upon one of the new ones, instead of staring at the cave for hours, hoping, lol.