TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

4 days.... just not enough clicks! Aaaagh

Eggies PLEASE just hatch! >w<

All biomes: "This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone."

Desert only: "This egg is surrounded by mysterious, reflective dust."

THANK YOU! smile.gif

I haven't seen a single new egg of either breed in the cave since last night! Was on my slow phone, so thought I might just be missing them ... however, just switched to a laptop, and they're still completely elusive.

... I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse.

Just a thought...has anyone mentioned the scarcity of these to TJ? Remember last year we had several releases that were really hard to catch after the flood and it turned out to be a glitch. Never hurts to ask does it?

Just a thought...has anyone mentioned the scarcity of these to TJ? Remember last year we had several releases that were really hard to catch after the flood and it turned out to be a glitch. Never hurts to ask does it?

I was about to ask the same thing. No matter how rare these new eggs end up, they should still be fairly easy to find for a few days. I haven't seen any since the release day!

The way the dusties are cracking... wub.gif

Thank you to all involved for another wonderful thing in the Dragon Cave universe!

The custom hatching sequence is awesomesauce! I have high hopes for the dusty ones! smile.gif

It does seem odd that a release is so crazily difficult given the recent trend in releases. The last times we've had a release this difficult was in 2012 (golden wyverns) and in 2013 (copper dragons). These days the floods seem to last at least 6 hours and missing a release has never been an issue. In fact, I'm almost certain we've got at least 12 hours of flooding for most releases in the past year, except lunar heralds which went on much longer.

Then again seems suitable that such an awesome dragon makes you fight to even see any of its eggs let alone grab one. That's kind of a cool coincidence c:

Edited by Ashywolf

Since my hunting started (5:00)

I've seen

Dustbutt: II

Aquamarines: Desert (I), Jungle (I)

Gonna keep a tally, that way we can see if they are gonna be rarer, if they are just hard to catch or if something is wrong.

Also...

ALL BUT 3 OF MY EGGS HAVE HATCHED YES! biggrin.gif

Edited by Clya

I hope these get easier to catch -or indeed see!

I missed the release sad.gif.

hope we see some of these pretty eggs soon

eta saw one!

Edited by velvet_paw

I haven't seen any Dustbutts or Redheads since grabbing mine. I, personally, hope they're rare. If not ultra-rare. It would be the very first time I got something like that since grabbing my one Gold several years ago xd.png

More than a tweet, I'd love it if my news subscription ever delivered notifications for new release threads. It's literally the one reason I subscribed to the news thread, and the only posts that never show up in my inbox. And its frustrating beyond belief when your time to play/catch is limited the way mine is - I didn't get on here for a few days and by the time I found out there was a new release, it was well beyond the point where I'd be able to catch anything. I haven't seen a single one of either egg, much less had a chance to click it. I'm still trying to catch up on last year's releases for the exact same reason. -.-

That said, the sprites look gorgeous, lovely work artists! I'll look forward to seeing what they grow into, even if it is on other people's scrolls.

TJ explained once - I think actually to me, maybe over twitter? It's been a while...Oh, found it! March, 2011. "If you mean new topic notifications on the forums, the way I create release topics ends up preventing those from going out."

We talked about it a bit more, but I can't find the details. I bet they're scheduled entries, which might not trigger a "new post" email. Anyway, it's not something he can help, but that's why new release posts don't show up in email. They're speshul! wink.gif

Probably some cavers who are online when a release drops should take it upon themselves to announce releases on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.

The Twitter account hasn't updated since the Xeno release last year, but all these platforms accept hashtags that people could follow. #dragcave should work. /suggestion

Thanks for the new release, Cave, even if finding the new ones now is...yeah, impossible. Heh.

I was about to ask the same thing. No matter how rare these new eggs end up, they should still be fairly easy to find for a few days. I haven't seen any since the release day!

Seconded?

I missed the main drop while I was at work, so I totally missed it by the time I got home. I spent almost 3-4 hours yesterday refreshing the Desert and other biomes, constantly, every 5 minutes there was lag, and I saw a grand total of ONE orange egg. That was it.

I hope these aren't going to be rares, because I'll have no chance of getting them on my own in the cave. I have yet to even get myself coppers. /shrug

Everyone and their mother is offering ridiculous things for 1 or 2 CB eggs, and those that have them are asking for ridiculous things like CB metals.

xd.png

I feel like SOMETHING might be wrong. Maybe.

sad.gif

Has anyone notified/asked TJ if this was really the way this Release was supposed to happen?

We've had something like this happen before (though I can't remember which release it was) and it turned out to be a glitch.

So... good idea to maybe give TJ a little poke, to let him know...

Is this normal? TJ's hatchlings are sick sad.gif

Completely normal. They get sick 'cos of all the views but he protects them from dying. Happens every release.

TJ's hatchies and eggs are always sick so no worries xd.png they're immune so nothing will happen to them.

Yes. All of TJ's hatchies are always sick because of the huge amount of views they get. But they're immortal... ^^

This is why I hate when the library closes on me. Then it takes being at a friend's house to find out there's an awesome new release and I miss out on it.

Does anyone have the egg descriptions of these new guys? I hope they aren't rare. I'm so late to this party it's not funny. sad.gif

I have noticed people make the same comments EVERY release tongue.gif

That sounds like the comment of someone who was lucky enough to get at least one of each tongue.gif

Not quite true, I've gone through the past releases and though people like me are whining about releases, the ratio of complaining:other posts is not as great in other releases. There's definitely something different here. Perhaps this is just what happens when a new rare is released, but we don't know it because rares are so infrequently added to the cave.

People are offering awesomethings for the new things. They weren't so hard to catch when they were released.

We've had something like this happen before (though I can't remember which release it was) and it turned out to be a glitch.

So... good idea to maybe give TJ a little poke, to let him know...

The release you are thinking about is the Lunar Herald release.

This is why I hate when the library closes on me. Then it takes being at a friend's house to find out there's an awesome new release and I miss out on it.

Does anyone have the egg descriptions of these new guys? I hope they aren't rare. I'm so late to this party it's not funny. sad.gif

I am going to tell you right now they are not easy to find and are not easy to catch.

Blue- This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone (all biomes)

Orange- This egg is surrounded by mysterious, reflective dust (Desert Only)

I'm seeing them on the hour. BUT - lag means by the time they fully load they are gone sad.gif