TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

To people concerned about rarity:

The 24 hour flood of nothing else has put the ratios of the new eggs out of whack with everything else. Give it some time and the new eggs will bounce back. Right now the cave isn't creating very many of them because it's created way more than enough in the first 24 hours.

(Note: This does not mean bouncing back will undisputably happen - but it does mean there's little reason to try and extrapolate from the current rarity.)

Edited by pinkgothic

So, if I may ask, could anyone please tell me what the egg description is for these new eggies? smile.gif (I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler or not...)

These aren't exact, but it's something along the lines of...

"This egg looks like a blue stone"

"This egg is surrounded by mysterious dust"

Both cute hatchlings. I particularly love the coloring of the blue one.

Less than two days before we see the adults. Looking forward to it.

Does the rarity set in after the flood? If so - i've seen quite a few people not being able to find one, does that mean one of them is rare?

It usually sets in after eggs start hatching and adults start growing up. As pinkgothic noted, the breed has to recover from a flood of eggs. 24 hours is one of the longer floods for a normal release, especially when most stop after a few hours.

The Copper "flood" was far, far shorter than this. Then, the Coppers weren't even seen at all for the next week+. Literally, I've not seen a single egg with a "caught" date from the day after the release to the 2nd or 3rd of the next month. So I think its safe to say, since both of these have been seen and caught today, that they aren't nearly as bad as Coppers.

Cheers!

C4.

The Copper "flood" was far, far shorter than this. Then, the Coppers weren't even seen at all for the next week+. Literally, I've not seen a single egg with a "caught" date from the day after the release to the 2nd or 3rd of the next month. So I think its safe to say, since both of these have been seen and caught today, that they aren't nearly as bad as Coppers.

Cheers!

C4.

The copper "flood" was also scary in the fact that it came amidst the many, many other birthday breeds being released. I know I and probably others weren't able to catch as many coppers (as, say, these new orange and blue breeds) in the "flood," making the overall number of coppers initially picked up even fewer?

Have releases always completely faded out of flooding this quickly and I hadn't realized?

The abrupt end seemed unusual. There have been plenty of new releases where I've come in towards the end and wound up cursing over a misclick, meaning there was a mix of old and new. This sudden near total disappearance of the new eggs all at once with old eggs not even MIXING in isn't something I really recall happening much, if at all, before.

The copper release was actually pretty bad. That was the first ever release that I was not able to grab any eggs, and I've still not managed to grab any since then.

Forgetting all the negative nonsense I type out, thanks TJ for the release. Love that the [redacted] dragons will actually become part of DC lore. A minor shame that the original concept for the breed did not go through, but love em anyway.

The copper release was actually pretty bad. That was the first ever release that I was not able to grab any eggs, and I've still not managed to grab any since then.

Forgetting all the negative nonsense I type out, thanks TJ for the release. Love that the [redacted] dragons will actually become part of DC lore. A minor shame that the original concept for the breed did not go through, but love em anyway.

What was the original concept? Er...pm cause spoilers please?

Bold is mine:

The 24 hour flood of nothing else has put the ratios of the new eggs out of whack with everything else. Give it some time and the new eggs will bounce back. Right now the cave isn't creating very many of them because it's created way more than enough in the first 24 hours.

Exactly! People that ask for longer "floods" need to consider the trade off. The longer they last, less chances there will be to find the new releases in the biomes, right after.

Personally I'm not a fan of long "floods" (my ideal one would be 12 hours or less) but I think that a 24 hrs is a fair compromise, in particular considering different time zones.

Edited by NotBambi

It's probably good to have both. That way everyone gets a turn at their favorite. And I'm sure trading is stimulated a bit. Ironically, I'm still at 0 new releases but I just caught a copper. \o/

Despite the sadness after, I do prefer 24 hr floods. It sucks to potentially wake up and have the flood already be over.

While I'm glad I caught the eggs, I was only able to catch one of each because of egglocking. dry.gif

However, my brother caught 3 Orange and 1 Blue, so he's pretty happy.>

Unless Nirami objects I'm happy to talk about the original concept once TJ's mature. I probably still have the old sprites saved somewhere since I worked on them (though I can't remember what I exactly accomplished, probably not much given my spriting needed work back then!). No promises.

Wow I'm so happy that they're already gone after 3 days, that's just great. Cool. Yay.

Excuse me, 2 days. That's even better. If one is rare, I'm going to be furious.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Unless Nirami objects I'm happy to talk about the original concept once TJ's mature. I probably still have the old sprites saved somewhere since I worked on them (though I can't remember what I exactly accomplished, probably not much given my spriting needed work back then!). No promises.

Oh, cool. I love it when there's extra info. smile.gif

I'd love a PM bout this as well. Im not big on surprises xd.png

I'll wait to find out the full story once all is out.

So glad I happened to notice that the wiki "Currently Being Released" page had been updated tongue.gif five gold two blue

Another blue and red dragon...

It isn't time to start freaking about about these being rare yet. I haven't seen a single regular release since the 7th birthday release where people didn't freak out on the release thread "oh no these are gonna be raaaaare sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif " and post that the new release is impossible to catch, due to everyone fearing a second coming of the Coppers. Of the 28 cave-available breeds released since then, only 2 have been rares (Pyralspites and Xenowyrms).

Could this release have new rares? Yes. Is it likely to? No.

Would kind of surprise me if the orange fellow isn't rare, actually. I don't recognize the blue one (yet).

Edited by Ashywolf

Would kind of surprise me if the orange fellow isn't rare, actually. I don't recognize the blue one (yet).

Thats because the spriter said it wasn't on the Completed List. I'm sure they were worked on in private.

Looks like I missed the release. They look like they're pretty dragons though. Thanks spriters & TJ for the new dragons smile.gif

I have not seen any of the new eggs at all today. I just want two of each but i guess i am going to have to wait some more all i keep seeing is the same type of eggs in the areas oh well.

Edited by Laryal