TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

To check I'm not going insane did anyone see any of the new eggs at all at the drop 3 minutes ago?

Edited by Ashywolf

Ok, for any of you who know what the orange one is I really wouldn't mind if you shoot me a pm about it

plz

tongue.gif

Curiosity satisfied, thx for the pm

quite nice!

Edited by Tawanda001

So everyone who missed the drop yesterday is now just completely out of luck? blink.gif

I'll have to agree that this is kind of unfair. I appreciate the fact that these supposedly dropped longer than most, but that doesn't really help the people who don't have time to keep a very close eye on things and who missed yesterday entirely. I don't really see why it's essential to have average releases drop for only one day, would two days really be so bad? And I'm not saying that with criticism, just with general curiosity and suggestion. I truly appreciate all that these wonderful people do, but I just wanted to voice that I agree that this does feel a little bit unfair, especially if the dragons turn out to be rare. And I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, but the fact that they drop still doesn't exactly help if they do turn out to be rare. sad.gif

I really hope that these turn out to be a release like the Magelight Pygmies or the Spirit Wards. Awesome, but common. wink.gif

So everyone who missed the drop yesterday is now just completely out of luck?  blink.gif

I'll have to agree that this is kind of unfair. I appreciate the fact that these supposedly dropped longer than most, but that doesn't really help the people who don't have time to keep a very close eye on things and who missed yesterday entirely. I don't really see why it's essential to have average releases drop for only one day, would two days really be so bad? And I'm not saying that with criticism, just with general curiosity and suggestion. I truly appreciate all that these wonderful people do, but I just wanted to voice that I agree that this does feel a little bit unfair, especially if the dragons turn out to be rare. And I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, but the fact that they drop still doesn't exactly help if they do turn out to be rare.  sad.gif

I really hope that these turn out to be a release like the Magelight Pygmies or the Spirit Wards. Awesome, but common.  wink.gif

Not completely out of luck. The new releases will continue dropping, they're just mixed with regular eggs now. I haven't checked the trade threads, but usually people are willing to trade new releases for 3g prizes, CB BSAs, or whathaveyou. Might be worth a look if you're struggling to catch any yourself.

For what it's worth, there were at least a couple of people who complained the drop was too long. :x I rather suspect there's no way TJ can do a release without annoying at least part of the playerbase.

Too long? I think this might have been the shortest flood in DC history. edit. Don't quote me on that, though.

Edited by Ashywolf

I had no access to internet all weekend so now I missed the drop. sad.gif I kinda agree, it seems too short. Hopefully I can still snag some.

Wow, guess I was really lucky to grab my batch of new eggs yesterday... but I did not expect for the flood to end so soon. Overall, the drop got enjoyable after catching became easier (easy = awesome and fun), but I'm adding my support to longer floods.

A big thank you to TJ, the artists and everyone involved, I look forward to seeing the adults!

They said that about Coppers as well.

I get that your point is that coppers are hard to see and harder to catch, but my point is they are still dropping and anything dropping is possible to catch eventually.

So everyone who missed the drop yesterday is now just completely out of luck?

No one is out of luck. As stated in the first post, these are a permanent release. You have plenty of time to catch them. Just because they're not flooding doesn't mean they're not dropping. ;3

Too long? I think this might have been the shortest flood in DC history. edit. Don't quote me on that, though.

I definitely don't think it was the shortest.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=154286 - Shows we've had shorter floods, since they're suggesting a flood of the length we got for this release

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Aaaaaaaand I missed this!

Haven't seen a single one of them, not even on the hour drop.

And I have a really fast internet connection, I can snatch Golds and Silvers anytime, anywhere... but these guys... have they stopped dropping?

Anyway, hope to get them soon, I have plenty of time!

So, if I may ask, could anyone please tell me what the egg description is for these new eggies? smile.gif (I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler or not...)

They're still dropping, i've seen several in the desert, just in 1 hour, they're just not dropping at the 5 min marks.

They show up when Other eggs are grabbed.

I don't think it is a spoiler.

This egg is surrounded by mysterious, reflective dust. (Desert biome)

This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone. (All biomes)

Thank you! biggrin.gif

That is a big help. smile.gif Thanks.

I am patient. Hopefully in a week or so it will get easier to spot them.

Fortunately for me I was barfing my guts up in the bathroom all Sunday from a migraine, and so with nothing else to do I browsed the net, checked the forum, saw the new release, and grabbed some eggs.

I feel badly for those that completely missed this release.

Why was nothing posted on Drag Cave's Twitter feed? The last post on there is from June 27, 2015.... I would think this would be a good way to alert the community about new releases. Why is it not utilized?

They're still dropping, i've seen several in the desert, just in 1 hour, they're just not dropping at the 5 min marks.

They show up when Other eggs are grabbed.

huh.gif Is this dropping pattern weird or not? To me it seems odd, but I'm not quite as educated on the usual patterns as others are...

I always figured the blue orange conspiracy was a reference to Portal (Considering the Portal skins we have.)

Well they are complimentary colours, too, so its a reasonable choice. Or a conspiracy, whichever you fancy =)

So it looks like I'll never, ever, ever hold on to "other" eggs in favor of a new release drop. I caught three of each yesterday (well, four, but gave away one so I could have an eggslot) but looking at the cave now is very scary. I haven't seen any of the new eggs!

I definitely don't think it was the shortest.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=154286 - Shows we've had shorter floods, since they're suggesting a flood of the length we got for this release

Maybe you are right. Perhaps this whole situation just seems vastly exaggerated to me because I was about 3 hours later than I usually am to a release. That's quite a lot of time to miss on a flood. I'm used to stocking up on the new release within 1 or 2 hours of it starting. Have releases always completely faded out of flooding this quickly and I hadn't realized?

If anyone was interested, here are some "mildly useful stats", based on my experience on PST. Obviously I can't cover every biome at once and I'm certainly missing some, but:

2am (5 hours after release, which is 9PM for me) - 2 blue eggs

3am (+6) - 1 blue egg, 1 orange egg

7am (+10) - no eggs

8am (+11) - 2 blue eggs

9am (+12) - no eggs

10am (+13) - no eggs

11am (+14) - no eggs

12pm (+15) - 1 orange egg

1pm (+16) - no eggs

I checked as many XX:05 and XX:X0 drops

as I can, but there was apparently no need,

because I have not seen a single new egg during either of those except within 6 hours of the release.

Edited by Ashywolf

Ouch, I completely missed this one. Looks like it was a bad one to miss =x

Haven't seen a single one of these eggs and I've been frequently checking the biomes all day. Ugh.

Does the rarity set in after the flood? If so - i've seen quite a few people not being able to find one, does that mean one of them is rare?

If anyone has problems getting any of the new release, you can PM me for PB 2gens (1 each).

I got mine realtively easly, because I found out about the release at 6-7am DC time, so when most of American people were asleep(and quite a few of American DC players didn't knwo abotu the release:P).

24h releases (I mean exclusive drops) is the perfect thing^^

True you can miss the day BUT at least people any timezone can hunt at any hour >they< can.

Keep it up TJ! biggrin.gif