Polar

Extraterrestrial

"Shh, it's alright." Zahar hummed quietly. "One cannot help the way they are taught." He said, frustration gone. "It's not a problem, it's not often I get to comfort another. Especially since Maklar isn't really the touchy-feeling sort of person, last time I checked." He mused quietly, violet eyes surveying the empty courtyard. The heat had increased - the long summer days were stifling but at night the temperatures dropped drastically - Rasabol was a harsh place to live for someone who was not a native. "How about we go inside? I can show you around the castle and maybe we can grab a snack from the kitchens." He suggested, squeezing her shoulder softly before standing and offering her his hand.

~ ~ ~

"Alright then Lady Solest." Jackson agreed cheerfully. "Thank you very much. I asked her father for permission last night, and I wanted to keep it a complete surprise so it was only her parents that knew." He told the two women, his face still flushed with excitement. "Ah, yes, they're a cute pair all right." Jackson cracked his knuckles. "But Liv is still my baby sister so I'll have to make all the normal threats once those two finally figure things out. Maklar's a good guy though, so I completely approve." He chuckled. "Still have to keep up appearances though, you know how it is."

"Oh, well congratulations!" Lilly exclaimed. "Becoming a grandmother is such an exciting prospect. Something I wouldn't know because somebody has taken years to finally propose, but..." She gave a dramatic sigh before giggling. "Ah, I think men are just naturally messy. I'm always cleaning up after Mark, even with the boys out of the house it's as if nothing has changed, the slob." She shook her head. "Hopefully Hope will straighten out your messy habits, Jackson." She told her son teasingly as he grinned in an abashed sort away.

"Ah, well. Messy is as messy does." He replied easily.

Lilly turned back to Lady Solest. "You must bring your husband here for dinner sometime, we never have guests." She said with a smile. "Liv and Maklar could go for a picnic or something, I'm sure she'd love that. Then we can have a nice adult dinner - I'm sure you'd enjoy some time away from your children for a while."

((I had it written up perfectly then it blanked out RAAAAGGGGHHH!!!)))

Rose took his head and stood up sheathed her weapons and held his hand for support. "Thank you. My dad is but..." she stopped for a breath. "Do you think your technology can help my dad?" She asked softly, then re asked her question from before. "Have you found out my middle name?"

--------

"My youngest would have to be here though. The palace advisor is very rude and she is only eight years old. Zathar may not be able to come. The king has a temper, and often vents his anger out in a horrible way. I fear if I ask, he will not comply. "

((Aaaggh, I hate that!))

Zahar was silent for a moment. "Perhaps it can... our medicine is advanced but our diseases may be different... I'd have to bring him to one of our hospitals to actually know, however. It is entirely possible that our disease names are different - and unfortunately my father won't let me bring another human here for a while yet, I think, so I'd have to sneak him here. I do have a friend who is a very qualified doctor that I could bring back to Earth in order to check him, if that's better." He said before thinking. "The only ones I can think of would be Arwen or Galadriel. Is it either of those?" Zahar didn't mind Rose holding his hand for support - in fact, he rather liked it. "Come on. The kitchens are this way."

~ ~ ~

"Oh, that's fine. Liv was so fun as a child, and I'd love to meet another one of your children." Lilly said easily. "But I don't want your husband to get in trouble for it, so if it's too much trouble than don't worry at all about hurting my feelings by declining my offer." She said easily. "I wouldn't want the king to be angry at you."

"I'm grabbing a snack - can I get you anything while I'm in the kitchen, Lady Solest?"

((You want to TS to when Mak and Liv wake up? And was she referring to Zahar or her husband?))

"The first one. Rosemary Arwen Baker. " she said with a small smile. "Thank you... my father would like to meet you and if you can help.... I can sneak in the doctor to get him out of the hospital." She said quietly following him to the kitchen

-------

"Oh, he would allow him to leave if my husband asks, but we'll have to see. I'll have my son contact you if we get things sorted out.... hopefully.... the king will not be able to blame his son. Sadly he always finds some flaw or decision he doesn't like and tie it to his only son. I pray for the day the Prince takes his place. The king has no love for his child. This is what I meant when I said I don't want to cause trouble..."

((Yes time skip to when they wake up.))

((Should Zahar's planet be able to cure her father? It's your choice, either way is fine with me.))

"Haha!" Zahar laughed victoriously, pumping his fist. "Yes! I am good! I'll get in touch with Ferris and bring him along next time." He promised, leading her into the kitchen before dropping her hand to wave at the cook. "Hey Yara!"

"Zahar!" A plump, cheery faced woman said, waving back. "In here to sneak more food, I take it? Who's your friend? Are you finally settling down?"

"Yes, her name is Rose, and we're not together, Yara. In that order." Zahar said with a laugh. The plump head cook was the closest to a mother figure he had beside Maklar's mother. "We were hoping for a snack before lunch - you have anything sweet for me?"

"Always with the sweet tooth." Yara laughed. "Ever since he was a child, he couldn't resist anything sweet." She told Rose with a smile. "I have some leftover cinnamon rolls, do those work? I can warm them up for you if they're too cold."

"That works, Yara." He said with a grin. The cook waved some of her young helpers to grab a few, and they bustled around for several minutes before returning with a basket that held not only cinnamon rolls but several other treats as well. "You didn't need to do that much, but at least now we can hang somewhere while we snack."

"Well that was sort of the point, dear." Yara said cheerfully, ruffling his hair. "Now shoo, I can't make lunch with you loitering around."

"Alright, alright!" He laughed, leading Rose out of the room with a guiding hand in the small of her back while the other held the basket. "I know just the place, come on." He told her, slipping through a shortcut where he was sure to avoid his father. He didn't exactly need him ruining today, after all. Several minutes later, he had taken her to a large balcony sheltered from the rays of the suns that overlooked the mountains where Malkar lives. "This good for you?" He asked her with a casual grin, placing down the balcony and walking over to the railing, resting on it and surveying the view. "Can't exactly beat a view like this, huh?"

~ ~ ~

"Oh, poor boy. I don't want to get him into any trouble." Lilly fussed. "I'd feel terrible if he got in trouble because of me . Just have Maklar let me know if and when you'll come for dinner." She said with a smile.

~Time Skip~

Liv slowly woke, feeling comfortably warm and more rested than she had in days. She remembered Maklar's arrival, and felt his arm wrapped tightly around her waist. He was still sleeping, and she looked up at his peaceful face. She didn't want to wake him - upon his arrival, he looked almost as tired as she, and he needed more rest than she did, as his flame was still recovering from the rain. She could hear the rain still pounding steadily against the roof, and absentmindedly wondered if his mother was still there. She remember what he was saying before they took a nap - he was worried about her, that was why he wasn't sleeping. And what else had he said? There was something he had said, right before they fell asleep, but she couldn't quite remember what it was. Furrowing her brow, she thought hard though still came up with nothing.

Boredom itched at her. She wanted to do something, and she was hungry, if the way her stomach growled was anything to go off of. She somehow managed to wriggle out of his grasp and combed her hair before walking downstairs and wandering into the kitchen, grabbing a Hot Pocket from the freezer and warming it up in the microwave. Jackson ran into the room excitedly. "Liv, finally! She said yes! I proposed this morning and Hope said yes!" He exclaimed. She squealed excitedly, tackling her brother in a hug.

"See, I told you it would happen eventually!" She said delightedly. "When is the wedding date?"

"We're not completely sure yet." He said. "Though I'd like it to be sometime soon - we've already been together for eight years, I don't really want that long of an engagement, ya know?" He asked as she pulled her food from the microwave and nodded. "Is Maklar still asleep?"

"He was when I came down." She responded, her voice muffled through her food. "Why?"

"Don't think I missed that little cuddle session you were having, little sis." He said teasingly before laughing when she blushed. "Look, I wholeheartedly approve of this. Just throwing that out there."

Liv grinned and whacked him on the back of the head. "Thanks bro. It probably won't happen, however. Anyway, where's Mom?"

"Out back. She insisted on taking Lady Solest on a short tour. You know how she is." He said with a knowing grin.

Liv grinned back. "Yeah, I do know."

((Yes, he wants a father son relationship, I figured her father could give him just that. Who knows, he may fall for yara too.. smile.gif ))

Rose smiled and watched the two of them then followed him to the balcony. She walked to it and looked out at the mountains. "Wow!... it's gorgeous! More green then I've seen in Nowhere land. "She smiled brightly. She then kissed his cheek. "Your prize for guessing correctly. " she turned around and sat down looking at the rolls so similar to the one she makes.

---------------

"What won't happen?" Came a rough sleepy voice as Maklar went around the corner. "You left...." He yawned widely. This showed off his stark white teeth, eight pairs of fangs, and the fact his mouth and tongue where a blue-black color. He rubbed his eyes like a sleepy boy.

He looked at the flowers his mother had moved outside to get the rain. They where glowing a dark purple and fully open in wide blossoms as big as his hand. "Ma out in the rain? She likes the rain..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE OH MY GOSH *dies*))

"I'm pretty sure anywhere is greener than nowhere land." Zahar said with a roll of his eyes before his jaw dropped at Rose's forward action. He war rendered frozen for several moments, his jaw opening and closing several times as he blushed. Shaking himself out of his stupor, he sat down across from her and folded his legs Indian style before grabbing a roll and popping a piece in his mouth. "Yara id da betht." He said between chews, manners forgotten. After swallowing he gave her a grin. "Good, right? What would you like to do after this?"

~ ~ ~

"What?" Liv asked, jumping. She noticed how good his voice sounded and her brain short circuited momentarily. "Ah... nothing. Nothing will happen." She stammered, blushing as Jackson hid his laughter with a 'coughing' fit. "Yeah, sorry. I was hungry." She told him, holding up the uneaten half of her Hot Pocket. "You want anything?" She nodded in response to his question. "Yeah. Mom is taking her on a tour. She likes the rain? Kinda unusual considering you have fire-based powers." She commented, taking another bite.

"I got engaged!" Jackson said gleefully, looking ridiculously cheerful due to his accepted proposal and Liv's awful lie. "I proposed this morning." He told the dragün with a grin. "Now Jared can stop calling me a chicken."

"You promised me that we'd walk around the village, then if we get back in time we can watch the fireworks. " she suggested, her manners haven't been forgotten as shr ate.

((Phone. Bad. Dinner and movie. ))

-------

No." He said through the marbles in his throat. "Ma controls all elements. Only the next queen can do that. So every member has strengths and weaknesses. Mine is water. Others are different. I'm not hungry, had a large bowl of flame pepper and gerbonzo bean stew before I came here."

((It's fine. Enjoy your movie!))

"Right. I've made sure that I'm excused from formal lunch and dinner tonight. Afternoons are for mock battles - everyone that wants to participate is paired up and eliminated until there are two left. You can participate but I would suggest against it - the battles are for our warriors that are out of training. Most of them are my age or older so have at least 10 years of experience. Usually it's our knights competing - they're the best of the best, many warriors that are no longer apprenticed have lost to them. They were the ones in charge of teaching me." He explained. "I have been taught the art of warfare since the age of 5, which is extremely early but necessary for someone of my position." He said. "As a whole the tournament usually lasts around two hours, so if you want to watch or participate in them we need to go now. I must warn you though, if you decide to participate, all our powers are permitted other than mind control so it is probable that you will go against a mind reader."

~ ~ ~

"Oh, okay." Liv nodded as she finished her food. "I understand. If you insist you don't want anything, then that's okay." She said with a shrug, drinking some water. "It's still raining, but I could grab an umbrella for you and we could all go mud bogging in our Jeep." She suggested.

"I'd love to join you, baby sis, but I'm meeting Hope's parents for dinner and can't get all messy." Jackson said lazily, leaning against the counter. It wasn't completely true, but those two needed to spend time alone together if they were to get going in the right direction.

"Okay." Liv said, buying his lie. "So do you want to do it, Mak?" It dawned on her that he may not know what that was. "Mud bogging is where we drive through puddles at high speeds and get mud everywhere. Much more fun than it sounds, I promise." She said with a grin.

Edited by polaristar

"Three." She said simply. "My dad got me into judo when I was three. Young, yes, but he wanted me to fight. You do know I was going easy on that kid right? I don't like fighting. I hate it. I know it's good to know self defense, but..... I still despise it. No. We will go to the village, I'm done with fighting for today." She said, her voice turning bitter at the end of her words. "Clear?"

------------

Maklar gave Jack a look, he was more awake now and his frowned clearly said I know that's a lie, but he didn't say anything. Still looking at her brother, not liking that he lied to a woman he spoke to liv. "I get motion sickness, and I rather not risk the rain like this." His frown changed to a thoughtful look, then his eyes grew more intense and a slow smile pulled at his lips. "Jack..... do you know where a good length of rope is?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Alright, that's fine, I was just checking." Zahar said calmly, raising his hands in a joking surrender before dropping them again. "No more fighting. We can just hang in the town square instead. We can visit shops and I'll get you a souvenir." He offered, finishing his roll and grabbing a cookie from the basket. "By the way, when is the best time to get your dad? I'll have to relay the information over to my friend unless you want to drop by and visit him before the village." He told her, thinking. "Fortunately Ferris is a mind controller, and if he agrees to come along it'll be easy to slip your dad out of the hospital. Perks of mind powers, I'm telling ya."

~ ~ ~

Jackson shifted uncomfortably under the dragün's gaze but made no move to amend his small lie, instead nodding. "Yeah, there's a good one in the garage. And I use the term 'garage' very loosely, it's more of a storage room. What do you have in mind?"

Liv noticed the reproachful look Maklar was giving her brother with confusion, but decided against asking. If it was really something to worry about, the two could work it out themselves. She hopped up to sit on the counter, swinging her legs easily and leaning back oh her hands, careful not to bump her head. She jumped in pain at her hand, however, which had slipped her mind until now. "Ouch!" She helped, sitting up and glancing at Maklar. "Hey, could you maybe heal my hand now? I don't want to forget that it's there again." She said with a slightly sheepish grin.

Edited by polaristar

"At night. Not tonight, firework related injuries and everyone is on overtime tonight. I'd like to meet him to talk to him though. That way we can form a plan.. or well, I can tell you both my plan." She said. "No power necessary."

"You don't have to get me a souvenir... I actually like it here. I really do. It's beautiful, you have a wonderful chef, please tell yara I'd love to compare recipes and give her a family recipe for double chocolate mint fudge that I know you would love." She winked at him. "The architecture and the art I saw was beautiful, I also like the way your people talk, it's like earth, different areas have different sounds to them. I just... like it here. "

--!--------------------

Maklar peeled off the bandage and kissed the wound blowing on it and it healed. "There. Now... I can't be in the rain in this shape, and in a car I'll get sick, but she can take the jeep, and I can run along side her as a Dragon. That is if it isn't in a public place. " He explained.

"The rope can be used to pull her out if she gets stuck or as a harness if it stops raining and she wants to fly."

"Well, if you're sure about no powers needed then I'll make sure to tell him that. But I'll have him come along just in case anything goes wrong. With plans like these something always goes wrong, you know?" Zahar said thoughtfully. "Well I'll make sure we stop by the kitchens again before we leave, I know she loves giving her recipes to deserving people. And she seemed to like you, I think."

He nodded in agreement. "Yes, it's a beautiful place to grow up. Not just my people, the Derga, live here either. My best friend is a dragün. Not as many of them, but you can still find some around." He told her. "I'll call up Ferris now, and we can stop by the hospital before heading to the village." He flicked up his watch's holoscreen, hitting the call button over his friend's name. The pale green face of Ferris popped onto the screen. "Hey Ferris, I need a favor."

"Anything for everyone's favorite prince. What can I do for you?" He said with a lazy grin. He wasn't much older than Zahar, and had white-blond hair and blue eyes.

"Well, my friend Rose here needs one of our doctors to look at her dad." He said, allowing him to catch a glimpse before turning the screen back towards him. "Can you do that?"

"Sure. Is it authorized?"

"You know as well as I do that my father would never knowingly allow this to happen." Zahar said sarcastically. "But I'm able to authorize it, I'm a prince. But still, let's keep this between us, ey?"

Ferris chuckled. "I can do that. It's slow today, drop by any time to go over the details." With a nod his face vanished.

"That was easy. We can go over now. Come on." Zahar lead her down to the garage, where several sleek, tireless hovercars hung silently in the air. Zahar opened the door of one that looked like a brand new Corvette, allowing her to climb in before swinging himself into the drivers seat and revving the engine. "Let's blow this joint, ey?"

~ ~ ~

Liv blushed madly at the way he healed her hand, acting in a tender way that many wouldn't expect from such a usually stoic dragün. Jackson seemed torn between anger and amusement before heading towards the door. "Either keep the PDA to a minimum or get a room, you two." He said teasingly before stopping to send a menacing glare Maklar's way. "You actually get a room with her and I'll make sure you wish you'd never been born, pal."

Liv rolled her eyes at him as he left. "Honestly. Brothers. Just ignore him, he's usually all bark and no bite. What you suggested sounds like a lot of fun - but are you sure you'd be comfortable with taking me for a fly? I'd figure something like that would be disrespectful or something where you're from." She told him honestly. "I wouldn't want you to get into any trouble."

"Dragon? Your friend is a Dragon?" Rose said getting in the car. It was interesting how similar things where to earth, but with better technology and a old renaissance look to things. Somehow the clash went well together.

"Men and cars...." She rolled her eyes. "Not that I am any better. I tell you, it isn't any fun if you can't do a burn out. " She said with a slight laugh.

--------

Maklar blinked. "I wasn't born." He said with a frown. He waved away her question. "I said if you want to if the rain stops. I'm not flying in this weather.

You'll be mud bogging in the vehicle, I would be running beside you. Anything that isn't me that's moving me I get really sick. On the flights over here I cover my head and listen to bird sounds to keep me from losing my breakfast."

He said and started to pop his joints. "You go get ready k?" He said to her and followed her brother out to the storage room and took the rope. "My kind unlike yours are more refined and remain in chastity until after our wedding day. Some men live their entire lives in chastity. Females too. For us physical connection is moot. Oh, and my kind doesn't make or take threats easily. When we threaten we mean it. So when I say, threaten me again and I'll hold you in my mouth for five minutes, I will do so."

"Of sorts." Zahar said with a shrug. "Don't be too excited though, Maklar tends to be a bit of a stick in the mud, as you humans say." He told her. "He met a girl, though, so hopefully lighten him up a little. Once he actually realizes he likes her, that is." Zahar said with a chuckle. "Yeah, I do love me a good car. This one is my favorite, it's the only one in the garage that is technically mine." He drove with one hand on the steering wheel, his violet eyes darting to her face every once in a while as he drove. "Burn out? I've heard of them, but they were a little before my time." He pulled into a space and turned of the engine, flicking her door open with a wave of his hand as he got out of his side. "This way. Don't want to keep Ferris waiting."

He cut through the hospital and stopped outside a door marked Dr. Ferris Vallis. "Here we go." He knocked on the door and it was opened immediately, as if Ferris had been waiting.

"Hey Prince Zahar, Lady Rose. I'm Dr. Vallis, but please, call me Ferris." He said with a warm smile, showing them to the chairs sitting in front of the desk. "Now, you need to sneak a man out of a human hospital and into ours." He placed his fingertips together, leaning forward in the seat behind his desk. "So, what's the plan?"

~ ~ ~

"Oh, right." Liv nodding, looking out the window to see lighter clouds than before. She chose not to ask what he meant about not being born - they were friends, but she wasn't completely sure she wanted to know what he meant by that quite yet. "You get motion sickness that easily?" She winced. "Wow, that's rough. I can't believe you would do all that just to visit me." Liv decided to stay inside when Maar followed Jackson out, deciding that they needed to sort whatever was up between the two of them out on their own.

"Look Maklar." Jackson sighed, leaning against a rusted old car and crossing his arms. " I get what you're saying, I really do, but try to understand my point of view. You obviously like my my baby sister, you can't exactly expect me to just give her up without some sort of threat. Don't get me wrong, you're a great guy. But my duty is to my sister first and friends second. And at the end of the day she is still my baby sister and you are the guy that wants her heart. So understand that I don't care if you swallow me, I don't care if you're from a entirely different planet - dragün or no, if you break her heart I will do everything in my power to break you."

He was silent for several moments before relaxing and slapping Maklar on the arm as he passed. "Hope this doesn't put a bump in our friendship, big guy. Because I'd rather not be eaten today. But hey, that's just me."

"Then I'll have to do one for you and show you how to on my dirt bike." she got out and went inside with him. Once she sat in a chair she leaned back against the chair. "I visit my father every week on a Wednesday. The twentieth of July, the hospital would be empty in the middle of the week. Now my father and I are geeks in human perspective... and I've been known to bring along close friends or whoever is driving me in full costume. " She sat forward.

"The twentieth is usually a day I get off early from work to try to get to a live action role play or LARP near by. Those are also the days my dad has physical therapy if he's doing well. Using that cover, you don't need to hide yourself or use your powers. I can walk him out with you to your ship, or if he's still hooked up to the equipment, I can rig it so it still reads the heart beat and we can sneak him out that way. How does that sound?"

------------

Maklar was fashioning a harness for him and stopped. He spoke in a voice so soft it sounded almost tearful. "I have realised before that I love your sister....... but it is not me that will break her heart. We.... we do not court many partners. Once.......once we are in love, we protect and defend our love...even... even if it isn't returned..... even after their death.... "

His hands where trembling. "I have five sisters. One who is seven. I love her and protect her, but if she chose to give her heart away, nothing I can do or say can stop it. Her fate would be sealed with the man she chose. As long as she lives she will never abandon him even if they get into terrible fights, or if he is unfaithful. There is no divorce for us, only death, and even that we long for the time when we are once again together in the afterlife."

He took a deep breath and sighed trying to calm down. "If I eat you, you'll taste disgusting and your bones would give me a belly ache. Out monstrous cousins ate to many humans and their teeth rotted out. No teeth, you go hungry and there's no channel for the fire. That's why I'll hold you in my mouth for five minutes... but I won't swallow. If I did by accident, I'll cough you up immediately so no need to fret."

Zahar leaned forward, setting his chin on his fist as he listened. Her plan was good, and as long as everything ran smoothly like she said there would be no need for powers, which, of course meant less mess. "It's a good plan." He approved. "Let's assume for a moment that we are discovered rigging the machine or sneaking him out." He paused, beckoning to Ferris. "You'll be there, so you'll just need to control them while I lift him on. Shouldn't be too much of a problem either way." He shrugged. "Ferris, can you get the day off?" He asked him, leaning backwards in his chair.

"For Lady Rose, sure." Ferris said with a smile, his eyes lingering on her for longer than necessary. Zahar sent him a warning look and the doctor simply shrugged. "I have several days anyway, but it shouldn't take long to get him so I could actually just take off a few hours. I assume you want me to diagnose and cure him if possible?"

"Naturally." Zahar responded. "I'll pay for everything of course, no worries about that."

"I was about to say that such things do cost money, but you seem to have already had that in mind." Ferris said easily. "Earth's twentieth, that's, oh, a month away from us, give or take a few days?"

"Something like that." He said. "I'll have to mark it on my calendar, when I do I'll tell you what day it is for us." He turned to explain to Rose. "Our days are longer than yours, in the way that a month for you would be two and a half for us. That's why we have to convert to our time, see." He shrugged. "Anyways, thanks for agreeing to help us out. I trust this will be kept between the three of us?"

"Of course, what kind of friend would I be if I told everyone our plans?" Ferris said easily. "Anyways, I have patients to see. It was truly a pleasure to meet you Lady Rose, perhaps we can see each other again some time."

"Ferris!" Zahar said slightly. "That's quite enough out of you. I'll see you soon, my friend." He led Rose out of his office and back to his car. "He's not too bad, but like I said, not afraid of pulling the moves. Unfortunately, there are very few women on our planets and men are not ashamed of trying to attract even engaged or married women. Draguns tend to be a little different but that's for a whole other reason entirely. Anyways, I'll swing us down to the town square since we're done with that."

~ ~ ~

"Whoa man, don't go all soft on me now, that's really not my area." Jackson said awkwardly, returning in order to give Maklar what was supposed to be a comforting pat on the back. "Just give Liv a little time to come around, okay? As far as I know, she's never even liked a boy, this is all very new to her. Maybe you should try talking to her, or just continue what you're doing. I could talk to her, if you'd like. Try to swing her around." He offered, before shaking his head in disbelief. "I can't believe I'm helping you get with my sister. That really isn't how this is supposed to work, though nothing about this situation is necessarily normal, so..." He shrugged before raising an eyebrow. "That's very comforting, thanks buddy." He rolled his eyes. "Can I go, or you going to go soft again?" He asked with a teasing grin.

Rose started laughing when they went to the car. "We aren't engaged or married!" She slipped into the car. "And I'm a female mechanic and a nerd. On my planet that's rare apparently. I get bad mechanic pick up lines, nerdy ones too and I'm pretty on my own so I do get looks but you don't need to be so protective. I know how to handle them. Wait... " She grinned and bit her lip.

"You're jealous of them because you like me don't you?" She was a straightforward kind of girl. She doesn't flirt (much) and spoke her mind when she felt like it, and right now she studied his reaction to her question.

--------------------

"That never happened." He said roughly giving him a warning glare. He finished the harness. "I'd appreciate it if you don't help. If she wants me, she'll step forward on her own. I will not want her to be influenced, her feelings must be certain. Otherwise I can't move forward in our relationship. We are entirely different. I don't expect you to understand. Get that umbrella and follow me outside, you'll want to see this."

He popped his bones even more and went out under the porch awning. He got down, arched his back then shook himself. He was stepping off the porch even before the steam went away. His scales where warm, but cool enough to touch. Ah, that's better.... "

((Oh my gosh Zahar I love you so much dork xd.png Maybe they'll get together sooner than I expected, huh))

"Being a mechanic and a nerd is nothing to be ashamed of." Zahar said with a smile, revving the engine and backing out of the space. "I'm just making sure the guys don't bother you, as they can be very pushy. Can't say there aren't a lot to choose from, however." And boy, did he hope that the spunky mechanic would choose him... Blood rushed to his face and his jaw dropped, opening and closing several times in a way that quite resembled a goldfish. It was something he did when he was shocked or flustered, and he seemed to be both a lot around her. "What? No, no, of course not, why would I..." At that he stopped talking, staring resolutely out the window. "I'm not saying you're unlikable, because you are, and pretty too, in case you though I hadn't noticed," Why wasn't he shutting up? Why was he still talking? "you're really very funny and nice, and oh gosh I'm going to shut up now and go bury myself in a hole." He banged his head on the steering wheel, his cheeks very dark as he avoided so much as looking her. "I am a prince, I know how to speak under pressure. This is mortifying." He mumbled to himself.

~ ~ ~

"Whatever you say, dude!" Jackson called back, laughing. "I understand where you're coming from, so I won't interfere. Just don't be surprised if she goes about telling you in possible the worst way conceivable considering this is a brand new experience." He warned the dragun, before watching in shock as Maklar turned from human to beast in a matter of seconds. "O-okay, that's impressive." He stammered. "Wow. I'll, ah, I'll go get Liv."

"No need." Said the black-haired girl, who was walking outside while twirling the Jeep's keys around her fingers. "I'm telling you Mak, dragon is a good look on you." She said jokingly. Jackson made gagging faces when she couldn't see before snickering. "Alright, well I really do have to go, so you two lo- ahem - guys have fun." He grinned, hugging Liv before pulling his truck's keys from his pocket and unlocking his Chevy.

"Later, Mak!" He climbed in and started the engine, waving as he pulled away and leaving Maklar and Liv alone.

"Wonder what he was going to say." Liv mused, dragging her fingertips gently along his side as she headed towards the Jeep. "C'mon, I'll show you my pride and joy." She lead him through the drizzling rain out back, where a green 2013 Jeep Wrangler sat, and she opened the driver's seat door and swung herself inside. "Pretty sweet, right? I got her for my eighteenth birthday." She told him with a grin, turning it on and rolling down the window before closing the door. "Alright, the path is this way." She said, pointing towards a barely visible vehicle trail that led into the woods. She turned down the country music that was playing slightly. "So how does the harness work?"

Edited by polaristar

Rose was trying really really hard not to giggle as he struggled to make a denial about liking her. When he stopped and muttered how mortifying this was she grinned broadly. "I think it's cute." She ran her fingers through his hair. "I think you're very kind and generous. You're sweet, and enjoy them too, you don't mind getting your hands dirty.... " She continued to run her fingers through his hair, enjoying how soft it was. "You are very handsome too. " She kissed his cheek again. "Lets try not to block traffic okay?"

-------------------

Maklar purred and leveled his eye to her window. The "harness" formed a lasso around his broad neck and the rest was coiled around a spine. That is for me to know. You may not have to use it. It doesn't look like it would stop raining. He lifted his head exposing his red gold belly made of thick plates that where softer and moved with him.

He moved to the path, his lope something like a cross between a bear and a leopard. what are you waiting for? Let's go slow mo. He chuckled a bit and started to run down the p. For something slightly larger then the jeep, he moved fast.

"Wait, really?" Zahar questioned, eyes widening. The feeling of Rose's fingers through his hair short-circuited his brain, and it took all of his concentration to look at the road. "You think I'm ah..." What was the word? He was having difficulties performing normal functions right now. "Handsome?" He finally managed to say, shaking his head. "Honestly, you tell me to pay attention to the road while your actions say otherwise. Personally, I'd rather..." He punched a button, causing a holographic image of a map to appear and he chose a location. The car started to move of his own accord and he fixed his attention on Rose. "...do that." He brushed a piece of hair behind her face, leaning forward. "It would be mean for me to pull away, wouldn't it?" He asked with a grin, pressing his forehead to hers. "Of course, trying my concentration wasn't very nice, so I suppose I'll have to." He breathed teasingly, pulling away from her but wrapping an arm casually around her shoulder.

~ ~ ~

Liv giggled at him, revving the engine as he loped ahead. She put the Jeep in 4 wheel drive before following after him, rolling along slightly behind him in order to give him room. She rolled up the window as she kept getting hit in the face with a mixture of rain and mud, accelerating as she went through the first puddle and showered mud everywhere. Turning the music up on her radio, she bounced along to "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line as the two of them went through the second puddle. The rain increased and Liv turned up the windshield wipers in order to see. She rolled down the window a little in order to talk to Maklar. "How do you like it, Mak?"

She started laughing. "I figured that if we finally have a car that drives itself, your vehicles would come with it as standard issue. " She said, giving him a pouty lip and went from fingering his hair to rubbing his neck lightly. "I'm better at hiding it then you are. I lied actually... about the guys. They all think I should get a responsible job or act like a lady and be normal. I.. got teased a lot in school. You are actually the first to except me for...me. As a mechanic and a nerd. "

She smiled at him and kissed his cheek again. "Yes, I think you are very dashing and quite handsome. A true gentleman. They are hard to find on earth..."

----------!!------------

Maklar kept his tail up so it doesn't hit her car. keep your window up, I can hear you just fine in the car. Yes I quite like it. He sped up through another wide pool of mud and his front legs sank yo to mid calf. this one is deep. Careful. He said and splashed up mud and smacked his tail in it, splattering mud on her car. He dashed ahead and out of sight with a chuckle.

"It's been standard issue for several years now." Zahar told her. "I don't use it a lot, I enjoy driving, but it can be useful." He said, repressing a shiver at the feeling of her fingers against his neck. "As much as I love this, you're trying my self-control." His brow furrowed. "Well I love the fact that you're a mechanic and a nerd. Two of my favorite things about you." He said, warming as she kissed him on the cheek and complimented him again. Would it be mean to give her a taste of her own medicine? Nah. He leaned forward in one quick motion as the car stopped, pressing his lips quickly to the corner of her mouth before swinging himself smoothly out of the car with a self-satisfied expression. He walked around and swung open the door with a lazy grin. "Ready to explore the town, love?"

~ ~ ~

"Okay!" She responded, rolling the window back up and accelerating in order to make it through the puddle. "Maklar!" She complained as he smacked the water with his tail before darting off. She could hear his chuckle in her mind as she managed to get through the mud. Shaking her head and laughing, she turned with the path and saw his tail flicking out of sight. "Don't get too far ahead now! I don't want to lose track of you!" It was odd, talking to herself but Maklar had said he could hear her... She rode past a clearing with a nearly invisible cave and stopped, hopping out of the still-running Jeep. "Mak, change back and get over here for a second!" She called, leaving the door open a crack and ducking into a cave. "I'm going to show you my other normal hangout. I use this one in the winter, typically."

She flushed and got out smacking his arm playfully. "You little sneak!" She laughed and hooked her arm in his. "Of course I am dear." She giggled and leaned against his shoulder briefly before pulling away to walk and look around. "This is a cute town, I love the houses and buildings here..."

------

Maklar stalked over, mud on his legs turning his scales brown on his lower legs and claws. But it's still raining. I can't get wet in my human form. He wedged his upper body in there and transformed back. His arms and legs where all muddy but his body was otherwise dry.

"Alright you'll show me this and I'll show you something too. It's really cool. " He said with a smile.

"Well, what else would I be?" Zahar responded with a laugh, watching in something akin to adoration as she looked around with awe. "It is a charming village." He agreed, grabbing her hand and interlacing their fingers before pulling her down the street. He ignored the somewhat startled looks of the villagers - he knew most of them by name but none of them realized he was with a girl. "Ignore them." He said softly before greeting several of the children that ran up to him.

Pwince Zahawr, I losht a toof!" Yelled a young boy who opened his mouth to show several missing front teeth.

"That you did, little man!" Zahar responded with a chuckle, kneeling down to ruffle the boy's hair. "Where's your Mommy?"

"She sthent me out to play. She said she needs awone time wif Daddy." He said matter of factly. Zahar threw his head back and laughed. "Who's the pwetty lady wif you, Pwince? Ith she your wife?" He asked.

"No, she's not my wife, Drago." He lowered his voice so that only the child could hear. "But maybe someday."

"I hope tho, she's pwetty." He responded. "I'm going to go pway now. By Pwince Zahawr!"

Drago waved as he ran off, and Zahar stood, chuckling, as he grabbed her hand again. "There's a great candy shop not too far from here and a flower vendor after that. Do you want to head that way?"

~ ~ ~

"Oh, right!" Liv smacked her forehead with her palm. "I can't believe I forgot that." She gave him an apologetic smile as he managed to squeeze himself inside, muddy but relatively dry. There were a few empty crates that worked as chairs scattered about but other than that it was mostly dry. "Jason found this place and I took it over once he moved out. It has more stuff in it during the winter but can get really warm this time of year." She told him. It wasn't a bad sized cave, with about a seven foot high ceiling in the middle and had smooth, sandy floors. "There's another hole that leads deeper down before stopping - usually one of my brothers will check it with me to make sure there's nothing down there."

She gave him an excited look. "What do you want to show me?"