Polar

Extraterrestrial

((Yae! More posts!))

"Really?" She sat up looking like a puppy with her large pure blue eyes wide with excitement. "You will do that? Your technology is far more advanced than ours it'll be fun messing with the gadgets to see if they work." She grinned then leaned back. "And I thank you on that offer of taking a day off, but... being treated like a princess isn't really my thing. I used to dirt bike, hunt... still do for food, it's cheaper... fish with my dad.. I get down and dirty for my relaxation. Oh.. I forgot to say I bake and cook sometimes. Next time you come I'll show you how to make brownies..." She said softly twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "Would you... like to see the bunker for your next trip here?"

----------------

"Try having six older brothers and four older sisters.." Maklar said slipping kiri in the pocket of his jacket here she poked her head out and wiggled her nose at liv. "I am half animal by being a Dragün. Why wouldn't I get along with other creatures?" He said and listened to her brief explanation about her dog. "No.... what is a vet? Are they a veteran of some war or battle? What is a por....Q pine?" He said confused.

"Of course, I don't mind!" Zahar responded easily, smiling at her excitement. "Our technology is more advanced, yes, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out." He laced his fingers together, thinking. "Just because we'd be at a castle doesn't mean you would have to be treated like a princess. I can teach you some of our fighting styles and you can spar with my younger cousin, I'm sure he'd love that. My afternoons, or at least the ones that I have off, are spent sparring with other warriors in friendly contests. You could watch that after fighting that morning. Then, in the evening, we could spend some time around the local village and eat some of the traditional foods." Zahar smiled, hoping she would take him up on his offer. "Who said anything about being treated like a princess? I sure didn't."

He smiled. "I've had brownies once before, they were very good. I have to warn you though, I'm horrible at cooking." He watched as Rose twirled a strand of hair around her finger, looking slightly shy. He thought it was adorable. "Sure, seeing the bunker sounds like fun, I'd like that. But in the meantime, is there anything you'd like to learn about me or my culture?"

~ ~ ~

Liv winced. "So you're the youngest, huh? I feel that. But at least I'm the only daughter, that gives me a little leeway." She remembered when her youngest brother would constantly be referred to as 'Jackson's younger brother'. She could only imagine what having ten older siblings was like - she went insane with only three! Live grinned at his confusion - he scrunched up his nose in a cute way that made her stomach swoop, but being how she was she shoved the feeling away as an oncoming sickness or something similar. "A vet is a person who helps heal animals. That's what I'd like to be when I get older." She couldn't help but snort in laughter as he practically butchered the name of the quilled animal. "It's pronounced pork-U-pine, Mak. It's an animal that is covered in really sharp quills." She pulled out her phone and looked up a picture to show him. "See? I'd invite you to wait to see one but it's the middle of the day and they usually almost come out at night." Malachi had wandered deeper into the ship, shoving his nose into random cracks and crevices, so Liv figured it would be safe to try to hold Kiri. She let the small animal sniff the back of her hand curiously and looked up at Maklar through her eyelashes. "Can I hold her?"

Rose tilted her head. Spending a whole day with him. The thought made butterflies flutter in her stomach. "Yeah, that would be rather nice. I'm a really good cook, my last name is Baker..." She said with a soft smile. "Um.... so... if you live on one of three planets, what are their names? How big are they compared to earth? " She asked. "Are there flowers and trees?" She sat forward eager to learn about his planet. "What other abilities do your people have other then telekinesis?"

-------------

"No... second youngest. I have a little sister, Rinka. She's only two. We each have nicknames for ourselves. Mine is Gold flame, Rinka's is parrot, one of my sister's is ice queen, another brother, the eldest is Pitch, stuff like that." He looked at the picture, leaning away from the phone as his eyes tried to spot the animal against the lighted screen. "Porkupine. Like that? Strange looking thing. Someone who heals animals... we don't have many people like that where I'm from." He nodded after kiri licked her hand with her tiny tongue and lifted her out placing her in in Liv's hand.

A restless sensation was in his chest, it started with that snort she did, and he almost purred when she peeked at him through her lashes. He huffed out a bit of white smoke to stop the restlessness from causing him heartburn. This was a new feeling.

Zahar grinned easily. "Well, it makes sense that you'd be a good cook then! Not that I'd hold it against you if you weren't." He let off a low amused chuckle before grinning excitedly, feeling a flash of excitement. "Excellent! I'll have to arrange it with my father, of course, but I know that I have a free day coming up here soon. Are you able to spare a day?" He asked before leaning back in his chair and pressing his fingers together. "Well, my home planet is the largest of our three. It's called Rasabol, and the palace is situated on a hill in our largest city. Rasabol is about two times as large as Earth, while our second planet, Farice (fair-is), is roughly the same size as Earth. Rasabol is largely a business planet, while Farice is the farm planet. Our third, which is a little smaller than Earth, deals largely with the making of ships and such - lots of factories. Fortunately they are quite eco-friendly, so you won't die from breathing in air." He chuckled. "There are many different sorts of trees and plants on my planet, I'll hold on to some of the more colorful varieties to give you on my next visit." He smiled. "Tell me more about Earth. How do people on your Earth usually live? I know there is much war, but what would be normal living for you?"

~ ~ ~

"Well..." Liv quirked her lips, thinking about being the second-youngest out of eleven children. "Close enough." She listened with interest as he told her about his siblings. "I take it your siblings are all very different, huh? My three brothers - Jackson, Jason, and Jared, respectively - are all very much alike. They are very outgoing and love people. I prefer the quiet, so parties drive me nuts. Too many people." She cringed, looking as if she was reliving a bad memory, though Liv didn't elaborate further on the subject. She chuckled as he struggled to pronounce the word again. "Yeah, close enough." Her eyes bugged out. "You don't have veterinarians on your planet?! What happens if a pet gets sick?" Liv restrained herself from asking what would happen if he got sick - amusing as it was, he probably wouldn't find it very funny. Besides, he was more human than animal anyway - most of the time, at least.

She squealed in delight as Kiri snuffled around her hand, probably looking for a treat. "Oh, she's so cute, what did you say she was again? A fox-squirrel? We don't have those here. But we do have chinchillas though, so, you know, plus." She scratched between Kiri's ears and the small mammal crawled to her shoulder and proceeded to sniff her ear. Her phone rang, startling her. Liv saw it was Jared, and careful not to jar Kiri, answered the phone. "Hey Jair, what's up?" She pressed a finger to her lips to tell Maklar not to speak as Jared responded.

"Mom wants you back for dinner. She also says that Jack and Jase will he here soon - they're riding together. You in the woods again?"

"Yeah, okay, tell her I'll be back in about half an hour." Liv chuckled at her brother's question - he knew her well. "Yeah, where else would I be? See you soon bro. Love you."

"Love you too, Livvy. Bye." He hung up the phone and so did she, putting it in her pocket.

"You probably heard that whole conversation, so I'm not going to recap it for you. I'd invite you for dinner, but... Mom and Dad wouldn't approve of me bringing some guy I met in the woods to dinner. I didn't even realize it was so late - time flies when you're having fun, am I right?" Liv grinned impishly. "When can you come back?"

"Well, the fourth is coming up in a few days. It's a national holiday so I get it off. I have to speak with my dad, normally we spend the day together. I'll let the hospital know that I won't be there..." She said softly. She listened carefully, intrigued by his three worlds. She tilted her head at his next questions and considered it carefully.

"There's over seven billion people on this planet, each with a free will of their own. Not that there is much war, but violence in general. As for how is a normal life for us, I don't know how to explain it. Some live on the edge and are thrill seekers, some are reclusive, others live by religious beliefs, and still others who do what they want not believing in a higher power. What I would see as unusual, would be normal for some, and some think I'm unusual. For me, I work, pay bills, hunt when I can, cook and bake when I can, and visit my dad. That's my life now. Nothing special." She shrugged.

"Now you didn't answer my last question, what other abilities other than telekinesis does your people have? What is the strongest? And why exactly did you come here?" She said with a suspicious look on her face.

-----------!---------

"A few are alike, a few are different. I am alike my eldest brothers. I am the Prince's best friend so when he takes the crown, I take my father's place and keeping the guard up to par is a very serious job." He said stiffly. "As for animals getting sick... we try to help them ourselves but sometimes they are beyond our help..." He said softly

His nose wrinkles in confusion again. "A chin-a-what?" He said tilting his head like her dog as she answered the phone. When she hung up he nodded at her reasoning. "Perhaps I can take you to my home so you can meet everyone..."

"I'll let my father know then." He responded easily. "I doubt he'll mind since he's been trying to -" He cut off abruptly, obviously rethinking what he was about to say. "Anyway, the date of your fourth should work. Our calendar obviously isn't the same but we have calendars that keep track of your dates and times as well." He listened as she explained, nodding. "I understand. There are many that live in my home system as well - though they all have varying interests it is tradition for them to learn how to fight." Zahar looked a little sheepish. "Powers - right, sorry. Completely slipped my mind. My people always have mind related powers - telepathy, empathy, future-seeing, things like that. Among them there is mind control - most powerful, most dangerous, and those who have that ability are monitored for obvious reasons. Can't have them making an army - that would cause problems."

"As for why I came here..." Zahar gave a light shrug. "I was bored. I'm sure you've felt that before." He smiled. "What would you like to do now?"

~ ~ ~

"Ah, well, it's like that in all families." Liv said with a slight shrug, absentmindedly stroking Kiri as he spoke about his future work. "Why is it you in particular that has to take over the job? I mean, wouldn't that usually go to your oldest brother, or is it the Prince's choice as to who he wants on that post?" She asked curiously before laughing without really meaning to as he struggled to pronounce some of English's odder words. "Chin-chill-a. It looks like a super furry cross between a hamster and a squirrel. Super adorable. I keep asking Mom for one but she says I already have a pet." Liv grinned, pulling Kiri gently from the perch on her shoulder and handing her back to Maklar. "I should go - I promised I'd be back in half an hour. But sometime I'd love to meet your family!" She exclaimed with a broad smile. "I'll try and figure out some way to introduce you to mine, but in the meantime... You know where to find me." She whistled for Malachi, who trotted begrudgingly back to her side, but not before leaning towards Kiri eagerly. Liv pushed him away. "No, Mal. Kiri isn't food. If you want..." She started, almost shyly, "I can take you to the edge of the trees. That way you can at least know where I'll be if I'm not in the forest for whatever reason."

Rose lifted her eyebrows when he cut himself off. "Why don't we check out that bunker. So if I'm not here when you come, you can wait in there until I get home. There's two entrances, one in the house, and the other is outside a ways away. We'll go through this one, check it out, then go out through the one there so I can swing by and get the bike so I can take you back to your ship. Kyle didn't sound to good... I don't want to get stuck in this heat. Let me change really quick.. and.. you may need to talk off the cape. " She went up to her room and came down five minutes later with jeans, and leather chaps on, a cut off tank top and a leather jacket with several patches on it. Most where army patches and honoring the vets one on her shoulder was a rose and a large one on her back said Rebel girl and under it said "on a steal horse she rides".

She waved him over to the bear rug, flipping it up and opened up two doors dropping down into the hole. "Come along princeling. "

-----------------------------------------------------

Maklar took back his pet and set her on his shoulder. "I would like to see your home. I've wondered what human homes looked like. You're a clever one, I'm sure you would figure something out." He said softly petting kiri with one finger.

"Sure, that sounds fine." Zahar agreed, standing and watching Rose disappear up the stairs. He easily unclipped his cape and folded it easily before somehow managing to shove the cape into his pocket with little difficulty. Without the cape he was much slimmer than he originally appeared, and the lean muscle he had gained over the years seemed to make itself known come the removal of his cape. "Nice jacket." He compimented as she came back down. "Princeling? Is that supposed to be rude?" He trailed after her questioningly. "Or was that just a friendly nickname?"

~ ~ ~

"Well, let me know how much different our homes are. Even if mine will most likely be substantially less grandeur." Liv said before feeling heat rush to her face at his compliment. Oh, there was no way she was blushing. 'I don't blush.' She told herself. She was probably coming down with something, and promptly decided that that was that. "Thanks." She said in acknowledgement before moving down the ramp quickly so he couldn't see her face. But she wasn't blushing, Liv told herself. So she had nothing to worry about. "It's this way." She told Maklar, turning to walk backwards in order to face him. "What is your home like?" Her gray eyes flickered to the sky, where billowing dark blue clouds had appeared on the horizon. "It's going to storm soon." She told him, stopping to allow him time to see. "I know to head for home at the sight of that. Don't want to be struck by lightening." She peered up at him worridly. "You'll have to he careful going back to your ship. You never really know when the storms will decide to happen.

"A friendly nickname. I wouldn't insult you silly, you're my friend! " She popped back up with a wide grin before dropping down again and flicking on a battery powered lantern and walking down the sloped tunnel to the bunker door and opened it. The bunker was actually very nice and quite spacious. "There's three levels. This level is for sleeping eating, recreational use. In the house there's a closet with stairs that lead down to the food growing station and other beds, and showers, below that is a freezer, a storage area and medical supplies fit for a small hospital. You can just stay up here, the other two levels are locked and only I know the location of the keys. "

-------------------------

"Possibly. " He said stiffly trying to figure out what was wrong with him as he followed her. Cheee! kiri darted under his chest armor. He put his hand on the spot where the little fox squirrel shivered. "Aye, I have been struck before by my brother's lightning. It did sting for quite some time. Kiri doesn't like storms.... She was rescued from my mother's planet when storms got severe, she was a little baby at the time, and lost her home and family to one. Indeed, your home would be tiny. Our halls have to be able to fit a Dragon through it. "

He spoke softly again his eyes almost sad. "My eldest brother is not suitable for the task. When Prince Zahar becomes king, his right hand official should be one whom he trusts the most to guard his back and not abandoned him. At the time, I had no idea what being friends with him ment, but now it is now my burden. I don't mind, but I prefer to be free... out of my family, my wings are the strongest, and I am the fastest in the sky despite my size. The eldest was already twenty when the Prince was born. He is forty now. And it will be one of my sister's who takes my mother's place as queen of dragün. We follow a matriarch, females being revered as gifts from the gods. No male has ever taken the dragün crown."

"Ah, right, yes. Of course." He nodded knowingly, though he didn't want to admit that he was unsure - the only one who had ever dared be rude to him was Maklar, and that was just the dragün's personality. So he really didn't have much experience with rudeness. Or friends in general, being a prince and all. He followed her down, gazing around the interior of the bunker, obviously impressed. "Wow, this is really nice. I could cope with living here." He grinned, wandering around the spacious room. "The painting is marvelous - very realistic. The pool is great too." He told her before glancing down at the time on his wrist. "My father needs me back soon - I have a meeting to attend before supervising the training of the new guard recruits, so unfortunately I can't stay much longer. But I will talk with my father about bringing you along to my planet for a day and hopefully the news will be good." Zahar really wished he didn't have to go through his father for permission, but it was a necessarily evil. "I'll be holding you up on that offer to teach me how to bake brownies - just so you know." He flashed her a grin.

~ ~ ~

"Are you okay?" Liv asked him cautiously, noticing he seemed a bit tenser than before. "I didn't offend you or something, did I?" She asked him somewhat anxiously - she wanted to be his friend. Her eyes bugged out in disbelief. "You got struck by lightening? And survived?! Wow, add that to the list of differences between your species and mine. It's getting longer and longer." She said with a grin and what she thought sounded like a giggle. What was she doing? She didn't giggle! Shaking her head at herself, Liv returned her attention to what Maklar was saying. He was almost sad now, and looked as if he was carrying a heavy burden. "I'm sorry." Unsure as to what he would consider to be 'acceptable human contact', Liv hesitantly reached up and squeezed his shoulder in a comforting gesture before letting her hand fall awkwardly back to her side again. After several moments of silence she spoke again. "So, uh..." She floundered for a less touchy subject. "How old are all of your siblings? You said your oldest brother is close to forty? That's crazy. Jackson, my oldest brother, is only 25. Jason is 23 and Jared is 21. My parents figured a rough two year age gap was close enough to prevent too much fighting." Liv grinned andet out a chuckle. "Boy, was she wrong. When we were younger the four of us used to fight like cats and dogs. Jack and Jared especially."

Rose lead the way up to the surface and went over to a motorcycle and handed him a helmet before putting on hers and getting on. "You're going to have to hold on to me so you don't fall off. " She said and started it up. "You ready?"

--------------------

"Yes, my brother does lighting attacks. Hmm let's see, pitch is forty, Storm is thirty eight, Big blue is thirty and his twin little blue is the same age. Then ice queen is twenty seven, Platinum scale.. he's twenty five I think. Moon rise is twenty two. She's a triplet to my other sister and brother, Wind Sheer and Typhoon respectively. Then my twin sister Xeanta, we call her panda. She's twenty, then Rinka is seven. " He said counting on his fingers. " I think I got them all... we always fight. Our house is never quiet and if it is, something is going on or someone is in trouble."

Zahar took the helmet she offered, putting it on without mentioning that he'd easily be able to save them both with his powers should anything happen - telekinesis could be used as a sort of 'force field' if absolutely necessary, he used it often in spars to avoid getting nicked with a sword. "Nice motorcycle." He said with an approving nod, straddling the bike easily after she had climbed on and looping his arm around her stomach to keep himself in place, because despite having telekinesis it would be easier to stay on the motorcycle than to have to re-seat himself on to the moving vehicle. "I'm ready whenever you are." He said calmly, his voice carrying easily over the roar of the bike as it started up. "Never had the pleasure of riding on a motorcycle before, though I've always wanted to."

~ ~ ~

"Oomph. That's gotta hurt." Liv winced as the clouds billowed over them, hanging ominously over the sky and causing the woods to go deathly still in anticipation of the coming rain. "Man, that's a lot of siblings." Her eyes widened in excitement. "Did you say you have a twin sister? I've always wanted a twin sister!" She poked out her bottom lip slightly. "I would have been a twin, but... my sister was stillborn. I never got to know her." She stared out silently into the woods for a moment before shaking off her sorrow and returning to the topic at hand. "I'd love to meet her sometime, if I could. Are you two close?" She asked curiously as they neared her house. "I can only imagine how loud your house must be - even with just Jared over it's loud... but he's a loud person anyway, so I can't really say much about that." At that moment the skies decided to open, sending rain pounding down with whipping ferocity causing them both to become immediately soaked. Recalling his hatred of being wet, she grabbed his wrist and all but dragged him underneath the exposed roots of a large tree. It wouldn't keep them completely dry but they could shelter there until the rain abated a little, at the very least.

Mal attempted to worm himself inside with them, but Liv managed to shove her dog out. "Go home, Mal." The dog barked as if to complain but one look from Liv and he scampered back to the house, but not before shaking himself off and dousing them in even more water. Liv managed to pull out her phone and send a quick message to Jared ('Stuck in the rain, going to try to wait it out') before giving as much room possible to Maklar, who being as tall as he was took up the most room. "Sorry 'bout this." She apologized for no reason, seeing that she couldn't help the rain. "I know you don't like getting wet."

"Well now you can." She revved the engine and left the shack and headed to the junk yard and to his ship, she pulled another book from her jacket. It was the first of the Lord of the rings. "Read this if you liked the hobbit. My middle name is in there. This is a spare, so you can keep it. I'll give you all three books and three chances to guess my middle name. That should keep you busy for a bit. " She grinned brightly.

-----------

"No. We hatched from the same egg but she was the strongest of us both. Twins are unusual for my kind, and... usually they..... I guess... like a shark. " He said softly looking out at the woods. "The strong trump the weak. I might be the one who has the hottest fire, and the first red Dragon in many centuries, but she being a female is larger and stronger then I am. She is cold and as blustery as a frozen wasteland." He said wrapping his cloak around her after ringing it out.

"Water affects my fire. When put out, I am normal and weak, and get many illnesses. My brothers would douse me when I was younger and many times I couldn't leave my room because I got sick. That's why I'm not a fan of getting wet. " He cupped his hands and blew into them, the restless feeling starting up again. The tiny space grew quite warm. "Hopefully you don't get sick because of me. I would feel awful is you did. "

Zahar swung himself off the motorcycle with ease and smiled at her gift. "Thank you! I did enjoy the Hobbit, quite a lot actually. I'm sure this one will be just as good." He clapped his hands together, looking pleased. "Marvelous! I love puzzles." He gave her a mischievous smile. "What do I get if I win?"

~ ~ ~

"Oh, I understand." Liv said with a sad sort of nod, wriggling around so that she was more comfortable in the tight space. She ended up with her head right beside his shoulder, and figured that since they were friends it would be okay to rest her head on him. If it wasn't, she was sure that he would tell her.

"Aw, that's horrible!" Liv exclaimed, feeling a strong urge to hug the stoic dragün but not having the room to do so. "My brothers could be mean, yeah, but they wouldn't purposely get me sick. Though there was this one time they put gum in my hair and I had to get it all cut off. That was about the meanest they got." She craned her head out of the hole to see if the rain had lessened at all. It hadn't. "We may be here for a while. I guess I could bring you back to the house, but we'd probably just have to tell them the truth, or else they'd just try to take you back to your home. Which considering you don't live on Earth would be a bit of a problem." She nudged him lightly with her elbow, grinning. "Aw, you do care! You don't have to worry though, we humans are tougher than we look. The most I would get would be a cold. Inconvenient, but not life threatening. But you, on the other hand..." She trailed, looking up at him anxiously. "You got so sick after being doused with water that you couldn't leave your room! Much worse than a cold, I'd say it's yourself that you have to worry about."

She gave him a cheeky grin. "What's the point of a challenge if I tell you what you get? You get two hints. Hint number one, it's a female name. That's all you get today." She smiled at him. "Keep the helmet in your ship, I'll be riding more often in this heat so it's best if you're prepared. Ciao!" She waved goodbye and left him , driving off down the road.

-------------

The heat started to slowly fade and he pulled her against him, shivering. Chu the little fox squirrel wormed her way out of his armor and to liv. Maklar turned away as he sneezed a tiny flicker of flame coming out but mostly a huge huff or white smoke..... like a doused fire. "T-to l-late....f-fire.... gone...." He held her. "C-cold...." He the red tone had paled leaving his skin almost human in tone, his cheeks even whiter and very hot in a fever.

"You're no fun." Zahar grumbled, though his face gave away his amusement. He raised an eyebrow. "Really? That's all you give me? I could have figured out that it was a girl's name on my own, thanks." He lifted a hand in goodbye and walked on to his ship before pulling out his cape and tossing it on one of the seats. He could put it back on later. "Back to Rasabol I go." Zahar mumbled to himself, thinking as to how to convince his father to let Rose visit as he tucked the Lord of the Rings into a drawer. "What to do, what to do..."

~ ~ ~

Liv mind raced as she draped his cloak on him and pressed against his side to give him more warmth. Maklar had her gripped tightly, and he was shivering violently, looking quite ill. "What am I supposed to... Oh!" Realization hit her like a truck. Mal couldn't have gotten far - the dog hated rain as much as Maklar did, he would have seemed shelter instead. Leaning out, she gave a piercing whistle. "Mal!" She shouted. "Here boy!" It was several tense moments before there was a bark and she could hear him crashing through the underbrush. The few minutes felt like hours as Maklar shivered violently beside her. "Mal, go get Jackson! Go on boy, go!" Sensing her urgency, Malachi barked once before plunging off into the forest, heading in the direction of her house. "He's getting my brother, Maklar. I can't move you like this." Thunder rumbled overhead as she picked up a damp and shivering Kiri and put her in her pocket. Several minutes more passed before Liv heard Mal's urgent barks and her oldest brother tramping along behind him. Liv wormed herself out of the hole before running to meet her brother. "Jack I know you're not going to believe this but I need your help." She panted.

Jackson gave her a worried look with matching gray eyes. "What's the matter, Livvy, are you hurt?"

"Well no... Not me. But to make a long story short I met an alien in the woods a week ago who can't stand water and the rain has gotten him soaked so now he's really sick!" She said in a rush, ignoring her brother's shocked and baffled look and dragging him back to the tree. "Believe me now?"

Jackson gave a shocked, slow nod before reaching down and hauling Maklar out of the hole. "You know sis, it's probably not safe for you to be wandering around the woods with a... a... alien. I mean, do you really know this guy?"

"Now is not the time, Jack! Help me get him back to the house!" Liv exclaimed impatiently. Jack handed her the umbrella which she managed to hold above Maklar's head, shielding him from most of the rain.

"Alright big guy, let's get you back to the house." Jackson grunted, supporting Maklar. "Mom's not gonna be too thrilled with you, Livvy." Liv smacked the back of his head as the two siblings helped the dragün back to their home.

"Shut up, Jack." Liv grumbled, smacking him again. "I know that already."

Edited by polaristar

Maklar looked like he was in pain. He shivered violently and spoke trailed from his mouth until it was a slight wisp and stopped all together.

At her brother's comment he snarled before coughing violently. "It is a disgrace and a huge crime to harm a woman where I am from. Do not think so lowly of me human..." He was shaking so bad he stumbled as he walked. "K-kiri.... ?" He asked softly.

His gilded irises that moved like liquid gold, seemed to have lost their intensity and have cooled to an amber. His hair still remains the flaming red . "I am a Dragün. Stop calling me alien. You people are aliens to me. " He managed to huff out as they neared her home. "S-so c-c-cold..." He whimpers.

"He didn't mean anything by it Maklar, he was just concerned." Liv soothed, before pulling Kiri gently from her pocket. "She's right here, Mak." Liv lifted the fox-squirrel onto his shoulder where she quickly curled up against his neck.

"Dear Lord he's heavy!" Jackson gasped, before nodding slightly. "Sorry man. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Yeah, sorry Mak. It's just the easiest way to explain it." Liv apologized. The rain lessened slightly as they reached the back door. She yanked it open and allowed Jackson to haul Maklar inside. "Jase, Jair, help us out here!" She yelled. Her other two brothers appeared moments later, looking concerned and then puzzled.

"Liv, Jack, what...?" Jase asked confusedly.

"I'll explain later. He's really sick and needs our help." Liv said. "MOM!"

"Liv, boys, what have I told you about -" Her mother cut off mid-sentence, and instead of asking a million questions told the three bothers to bring him in to the couch. "Easy now boys, he's obviously very ill. Liv, we'll talk about this later. Jared, go get him some of Jackson's old clothes, he won't get any better in those wet ones. Jackson, Jason, strip off his clothes for when Jared gets back. Liv, take his pet and go get a shower, you're filthy."

Jared scampered off as Jackson and Jase let him down on the couch. Liv scowled. "But Mom, I want to help, he's my friend!"

"You'll be able to help more when you're not covered head to toe in mud. Shower. Now." Her mother ordered. Liv frowned but lifted Kiri from her place and patted Maklar's shoulder.

"You're in good hands now, my Mom will take care of you." She turned to her mother. "Mom, his name is Maklar and he's a dragün. He's from a different planet. It's sort of a long story but I'll explain it all later." With that she dashed upstairs, almost colliding with Jared as she ran into her room, setting Kiri on a blanket before grabbing a change of clothes and entering the bathroom. Showering as quickly as possible, she quickly dried and clothed herself before picking up Kiri and going back downstairs, where Maklar had been changed and was bundled in several blankets. "How are you doing?" She asked him, sitting beside him and letting the now-dry Kiri scamper back on to her owners shoulder. The room was quiet now, but she saw the rest of her family talking in the dining room. But until they noticed her, Liv was going to take advantage of the quiet.

((Tried not to god-mod, but it was a little difficult considering the in-story situation.))

Edited by polaristar

((It's okay, ))

Maklar allowed her brothers to help strip his armor off but he hissed at then when they tried to remove his clothing. "I don't know how you humans are on courtship, but only the intended mate can see a dragüns body other than their mother. I can do this part myself... " He took the clothes and changed. He was big, the shirt was a bit too tight for his muscle tone and it showed a few gold marks on his arms like tattoos but it was actually apart of his skin. Each pattern had a string of runes on them.

When liv came back down again, he was still shivering but less violently and was wrapped like a burrito in the blanks. Kiri curled by his neck. "More warm, but it will take a while for my flame to spark again and grow to its full heat. My flame is hotter then both of my mother's planet's suns. That's a hundred times greater then your sun. "

((Just so you know... I'm not sure how much I'll post on Friday, since I have family coming in and that's the first real day they'll be at my place, so it may be a little crazy. But who knows, I'll just have to play it by ear.))

"Well, under my mom's care you'll be just fine." Liv responded with a grin, wrapping an arm around his shoulders in a one-armed hug before standing again. "Now, I'm going to go deal with my parents." She walked into the dining room, where her parents and brothers quieted and looked up at her. "I'm sure you probably have questions..." She trailed, rubbing the back of her neck with a slightly sheepish look on her face.

"First of all, can I just say that he's freakin' ripped?" Asked Jason, leaning forward on his elbows. The rest of the family gave him odd looks. "Hey, I'm as straight as the next guy, but seriously. He wouldn't let us change him but that shirt doesn't exactly conceal the muscle."

Liv rolled her eyes and Jackson snorted. "Livvy, I don't have anything against him. He seems like a decent guy, for all I care he can continue stopping by. So as long as he doesn't get any romantic ideas about you, it's all good."

"Liv, could you explain exactly how you met this guy?" Her dad asked, looking both curious and concerned. "How can you be sure that he's actually an, ah, alien, anyway?"

"Dragun." Both Liv and Jackson corrected. Liv moved on to answer her father's question. "Well, about a week ago I was just hanging in the woods, eating lunch, when Mal got all freaked out so I went to go investigate. At first I just figured he was a lost hiker, but then he jumped onto that rock right by the water fall in one leap. It was insane. Anyway, he explained that he was a dragun, a high ranking noble and best friends with the prince of his people. And for how I knew he was telling the truth? Well, he showed me his ship, and may or may not have turned into a dragon."

"Turned into a what?!" Jase and Jared said in unison. Jared grinned. "Baby sis, your friend is awesome. He's cool in my books."

"I don't think she's lying." Jackson said. "He was puffing out smoke on the way back. I believe him."

"Well..." Liv's dad said, looking unsure. "So as long as he treats you alright, I suppose it's fine for you to be friends with him."

Liv grinned. "Awesome, thanks Dad! I'll eat dinner later! I want to make sure that..."

"He's okay?" Her mom gave her a knowing look. "I understand. Asks if he wants some soup or something."

"Sure thing." Liv responded before returning to the living room and plopping herself down on the couch beside him. "My family has decided that you're okay. And my mom wants to know if you want some soup or something. Also, be warned that you'll be invited to dinner at some point. Just so you know." She chuckled. "At least now they won't wonder what I'm doing in the woods for hours on end. Not that they wondered in the first place, but, you know." She curled into the corner of the sofa and pulled up her knees to give him room. "So, I'm curious - how long does it take you to get your fire back completely?"

Edited by polaristar

"A month by my time." He said peeking out of his cocoon. There was something adorable about the red headed giant of a man looking like a child with two fox squirrel ears poking out of his hair, where kiri had burrowed herself. "I heard every word. You should have shown them the scale I let you keep. Yes, I would like some soup, and if it isn't to much trouble, make it very spicy. It helps rekindle the fire. I've had a few of your earths Carolina Reaper peppers, I believe it was your year's 2013 worlds hottest pepper? Seven of those compare to a flame pepper that I snack on all the time, so nothing can be too spicy for me. "

He sneezed. "Kiri likes sweet fruit and nuts. She's probably hungry too. I don't mind being invited to dinner. It would be a honor to meet your family. "

((It's okay, my birthday is this weekend so Friday I'm going to the drag races, Saturday the ninth is my birthday and I'm spending the day out, then Sunday is the celebration birthday dinner plus movie so it's okay!))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Happy birthday!))

"Alright, spicy it is." Liv said with a smile, ignoring the flutter in her stomach at how cute Maklar managed to look under the blankets. "And fruits and nuts for Kiri. I can do that - I know there's trail mix around here somewhere." She said, hopping to her feet and walking into the kitchen. Pulling out a can of soup, she poured it into a bowl and emptied the contents of spicy taco mix into the bowl, followed by several of Jason's spiciest peppers. She warmed it in the microwave and grabbed a packet of trail mix and a spoon for him before carrying everything back to the living room. "Well, that was easy. Jase likes spicy stuff but he doesn't live here anymore so we really don't have a lot of hot stuff anymore. I'm sure Mom would be happy to stop by the store tomorrow to grab some more, though." She told him, handing Maklar the hot bowl full of soup. "Are you sure you want to stay here for a month? I don't mind, of course, but won't you get bored of it after a while? I mean, there's really not much to do here and they probably need you back home..." She rambled nervously before stopping and rubbing the back of her neck. "I brought trail mix for Kiri too." She opened the bag and fed the hungry fox-squirrel. "It should be good for her - it has nuts and raisins and even M&Ms - but I'm eating those." She told him, popping one in her mouth. "You can try one, if you'd like." Liv giggled lightly. "Eating with my family isn't that much of an honor, but whatever. I have to warn you though - they're kinda crazy."

Maklar sat up and took the bowl from her. Her brother Jace was right, he was ripped. He looked like a body builder with golden patterns on his arms and neck. It was almost impossible to imagine this man having such a tiny animal and a gentle touch that he did. He looked more intimidating without his armor. "Are you sure? We can argue about who's family is more insane, but to save time, I have fourteen members in mine. To simply put it, having dinner is an art for my family...... that we have to master unless we are in the presence of the king." He said taking a bite of the soup and another, and a third without even breaking a sweat.

kee! kiri scampered out of her hair nest and sat on liv's knee munching on a peanut, holding it with her little paws. "A month my time, is two and a half on your planet. Rasabol is bigger then your planet, the day is longer and the months are too. I will stay a week on your planet, then I'll go back. " He looked at a thin silver band on his wrist. "If I am needed, I'll get a call...... what.. are M en M 's?"

Liv's eyes widened slightly. Jase wasn't kidding - Maklar was ripped. She couldn't help but appreciate his muscle, because while they were just friends, she wasn't blind. "Right... ah, I'm sure my mom won't mind having you for a week. She loves guests. Of course, my brothers will want you to play capture the flag with them at some point but that's kinda inevitable and you can say no if you want to. Though it is a fun game, we used to play it all the time as kids." Liv told him thoughtfully.

Her eyes widened. "You've never had M&Ms? Well, I suppose you wouldn't have known anyways, but basically they are chocolate ovals covered with a crunchy outside. Here." She offered him a red M&M and popping a blue one in her mouth. "I hope that soup is at least somewhat spicy for you, by the way."

"It is very good. It's spicy enough for me to taste it, that's good enough. " He took the red candy and studied it. "I've had chocolate before, that isn't new to me, but this is." He said and put it in his mouth chewing slowly tilting his head. "Interesting. I have some of my planets candy with me. I have a thing for spicey, sweet or sour things. These are made from the Garlos trees. The fruit is about as being as a pear and looks like a pumpkin but it's a dark purple. They are very sweet and often sour. They coat them with sugar and dry them in the sun. When I'm done eating I'll get some out. "

He smiled and continued eating the soup, draining the entire bowl in about a minute and a half.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf