Polar

Extraterrestrial

Rose sat down and buckled up as told. "At Victoria secret. " she giggled and gasped as the villa came into view. "Something that luxurious makes me really feel like a low class person for gawking..." she muttered.  Her eyes were the same color as the water as she studied the place, exiting the ship when they landed. She was surprised at the servants and looked nervously at the mansion ahead.  She moved closer to Zahar, grabbing his hand. "I don't think I could get used to this. It's.....daunting. going from working three jobs just to keep my dad in the hospital, to this? I keep thinking it's all a wonderful dream that I'm afraid to wake up from to find out it wasn't real...."

----

Maklar nodded  as they landed. He still avoided looking directly at her as he undid his seatbelt. "Couple of times. " He said and walked to a storage unit, pulling out the leather saddle made for dragon rides. "I thought I could take you for a real fly instead of the short things we did at your home and in the capital. I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to ask for the day off so I can witness the ceremony. Oh, and I snagged a charm from my sister. It lets you breathe under water and see clearly in salt water." He pulled a medallion from a pocket of his trunks. " I can hold my breath for a while. A half hour or two at a time. This way I can show you the sky and the sea." He said finally looking at her with a grin on his face stretching ear to ear.  "I'm on a beautiful island with my beautiful wife so why not?" He looked away shyly. "And... perhaps we could have a romantic kiss or two under water....." 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm sorry I forgot I had finals Thursday and Friday so I've been studying most of the evening D: ))

Zahar chuckled. "You aren't low class, love. It is rather magnificent. Quite honestly, I prefer it to the castle." Once landed, Zahar lead them towards where the servants were waiting. He squeezed her hand in reassurance. "You'll do just fine, Rose. Being royal is still a lot of work, just work of a different kind. It's not a dream, so you're stuck with me." He pressed a kiss to her forehead, allowing her to get in one of the cars first. "Maklar and Liv are going to fly. He's been eager to take her on a real flight, and this island has the privacy and room he needs Now, put a smile on that lovely face of yours. I can't be the only one who's excited for a relaxing few days on the beach."

~

Liv giggled too, leaning forward eagerly at the sight of the villa. "Whoa, that's awesome! Enough to make anyone gawk, Rose, I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you." She followed Maklar once they had gotten off Zahar's ship, bouncing excitedly at the prospect of going on a proper flight with him. It was a good thing she wasn't afraid of heights. "That sounds great Mak, I love going on flies with you. And I'll let you know as soon as I find out the definite date, it'll be good for you to see a proper human ceremony." She blinked, looking both shocked and impressed. "Wow, that's really cool! You guys can do that? Lucky. Thanks, Maklar. You're the best." She slipped on the medallion, where it rested comfortably against her sternum, and gave him a chaste kiss. "I would love to share some romantic underwater kisses. I can't wait to spend the next few days here with you. It's going to be amazing!"

"I can live with that.." Rose stated getting in the car after he reassured her it wasn't all a dream. However his next statement made worry crease her brow again. "A few days I.... I thought it was just a day and a night! I only brought one change of clothes and some pajamas. I didn't realize you wanted to spend more than one day here, when we spoke about coming, you kept saying a day of relaxation so I just assumed...." she started wringing her towel dress in her hands. She then hopped from the car. "I- I don't think I could really relax with that on my mind... and I don't want to impose on the workers by not having any clothes... so I'll just.... " she stopped hesitant standing two steps from the car. It was then she realized she couldn't just go home now. To be honest, in her life, it was always go-go-go. She wasn't even sure if she knew how to relax so she was.... nervous instead of excited. She just ... didn't want to say it out loud out of fear of it sounding silly. Plus she only packed two days of outfits, pjs and a spare towel in her army bag. 

---------

"We can if we imbue our magic in objects. Like the Fang in your switch blade making it cold, or the scale in my sword so it'll flame up on command. " Maklar said shouldering the straps on the saddle and stretched out. A snap, crackle and a pop later he was a dragon. "Yes, I agree. Now fasten your bag and mine to the saddle and do up that harness. I'll take you to the home where we'll drop off our things and  go for a flight! Oh, and I checked out our new house. I have a hallo walkthrough for you. I'd like to be with you when we place the gifts from our wedding inside. And I'm building a tree house! Big enough for ourselves and any hatchlings we'd have....."  Hack! Cough! Huff!  A trail of smoke trailed from his mouth and nose as he got embarrassed, shifting on his claws and tail lashing flattening a shrub by the runway.  He then looked up to the sky tapping his back claws like he was anxious to get going. 

((I passed all my finals! Yay!))

Zahar's lips twitched upwards. Yes, he wanted to surprise Rose by revealing they would be staying a few days, though maybe he should have given her a bit of warning to prevent a freakout. "Rose? Love? Relax. I wanted to surprise you with a few extra days, so I made sure everyone was aware. Your dad let us know what size clothes you usually wear so you have enough clothing to last you a week, even though we're only staying three days. Will you get back in the car?" He asked gently, offering a hand. He hadn't meant to worry her, but now he felt bad. "I should have told you, I just thought it would be a nice surprise for you."

-:-

"Cool," Liv said, making sure their bags were securely tied down so they wouldn't come loose and readying the harness. "I can't wait to see the house, I'm so excited! Our own place, wow. It's so surreal, ya know? I can't wait to visit, we'll have to go sometime in the next few weeks." She grinned. "A treehouse? That's awesome Mak, thank you! I can't wait to see it!" She giggled as he got embarrassed, patting his back lightly as she crawled into the saddle. "Good. We can't just leave our future kids alone in a treehouse, am I right? I mean, who's going to be their sentries otherwise?" She got situated in the saddle. "Alright, Mak, I'm ready for takeoff whenever you are!"

((When are they moving in with each other? After their human wedding?)) 

((Congrats! Yes after the human wedding.))

"That's the thing! I don't know if I can't relax!" She said looking nervous. "It is a nice surprise... but I don't know if I could relax... I've been going since I was able to walk. But... I guess it wouldn't hurt to try..." she said softly taking his hand and getting back into the car. "I've grown since my dad bought my clothes. I hope he didn't give you the wrong measurements..." she giggled and leaned against him. 

----

"I haven't built it yet. I need to find a tree for it. A visit would be nice, we can plan the rooms together so it'll be ready on our second honeymoon."  He said taking to the air. He took a deep breath and sighed. It was relaxing to be away from castle life. To stretch his wings. He swooped around the island and then landed at the villa letting the servants take the bags.

((That's what I thought, just making sure. Happy December btw!))

"First things first, stop worrying," Zahar hummed, tapping her nose with a finger. "Love, it's always good to slow down every so often. Even for me, to-be king. Everyone needs a break." He pressed a kiss to your forehead. "I don't think so. He told me they were from a little while ago, so I made sure to accommodate accordingly. They should be a close fit, I went for too big rather than too small. Trust me, love," He said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "this'll be fun. Plus, Maklar and Liv will be off doing their own thing a lot, so it will just be us most of the time."

~

"Well, I'm sure it'll look great," Liv said, a large grin spreading over her face. She bounced slightly in the saddle. "That sounds great! Just let me know when!" She held on as he swooped through the air, landing outside the villa. Liv slid down to help untie the bags (since she was the one that had strung them up in the first place) before climbing back on. "So, are there any cool places here that's only accessible via handsome dragun?" She said, a light grin on her face.

She blushed. "To be honest, I wouldn't mind having to borrow some of of your outfits." She kissed his cheek. "And I couldn't think of anything more relaxing than spending a few days with you. You sure my swimsuit is okay? You didn't look at me once the way here and I saw the autopilot was on. " she smiled slightly knowing the real reason why he didn't look at her. "My friend insisted I buy this instead of a wetsuit or a one piece. But I brought a less reveling outfit in case you were uncomfortable. I know what your customs are and I don't mind following them."

---

He took to the sky again circling around the island until he skimmed the water with his claws. "Flattery? That would get you everywhere with me darling. Yes. Under. You could see the reef from the sky, but it isn't impressive as it is in water. The fish are used to creatures like me. There's a red eel I resemble that swims in these parts. It appears frightening like a shark, however it eats mostly barnacles and dead coral. There's even a gem cave I unearthed. Let me take a deep breath before we dive." His belly skimmed the water as he let the water slow them down. When they stopped they were in sight of the villa again and Maklar was only knee deep in the water. He waded out further till it was around her waist, covering his shoulders. There he took a deep breath, almost impossibly deep. He turned, winked at her then lifting his claws from the sand, he dipped his head and went under much like a whale. He moved like a serpent, wings tight against his sides and claws only moving from his belly to help him over rocks. So far, all she could see was clear water, some dull fish, rocks and white sand. A strange star fish like creature was spotted here and there, bright green with orange spots within the blue. "Try not to speak. You'll sound like a chicken drowning to me. Only through the mind will I understand you. Although, please don't hold your breath. I can be under for an hour. You can not. I don't want my wife to be unconscious, it would worry and scare me half to death!" 

((I'm sorry I've been dealing with a family emergency all week :())

"I know you wouldn't," Zahar said with a chuckle. "But I wanted to make sure you didn't have to borrow a shirt and the likes from me all the time." He cleared his throat, looking embarrassed. "Your swimsuit is just fine, love. You look great. I had to pilot otherwise you'd be distracting." He winked as the car slowed. "Alright, here we are. Thanks for the ride!" The servant gave him a nod and a smile as Zahar opened the door, swinging himself out before offering a hand to Rose. "Our beach castle awaits, m'lady! I'll give you a tour, then I figured we can go down to the beach for a while. That sound good?"

~

Liv grinned. "I know." She stretched out a hand, fingers catching some of the sea spray kicked up by Maklar's claws. He slowed, eventually standing knee-deep in the water and in easy view of the villa. He continued wading out deeper into the water, and Liv reflexively took a breath along with him before he dived. She had the medallion to thank in part for the fact the water didn't seem to sting her eyes, even though the rest of her was wet with the warm beach water. Upon Maklar's instructions she nodded, ignoring all instincts that told her taking another breath was a remarkably bad idea, and let out the air she was holding, breathing in more air. "Whoa," She whispered to herself. Concentrating, she was able to send her thoughts over to Maklar. "Breathing with the medallion is weird. I keep thinking I'm going to suck in water." Her eyes took in the underwater world, though the brightest thing she had seen as of yet was a starfish. "Where are we going first?

((Thank you. Uncle in hospital, chances of survival aren't great but he's holding on. That's fine))

"Sounds lovely! I know, that's why I asked if I should change." She got out of the car, taking his hand. "Let me guess, Liv and her lizard boy would be in the same room? I imagine that he's quite grouchy when he isn't with her. Separating them would be like trying to separate two powerful magnets stuck together. " She chuckled. "We should have dinner on the beach one night if we can. I bet the sunsets are breathtaking here. And you have to show me the constellations. I've tried to study them, but it's difficult to judge placement in a foreign world and sky just by looking at a map. Dad said I'd you can navigate the sky, you'll never get lost.' And I consider your world my home too, so I don't want to get lost. "

---

"Dragüns have the most remarkable of trinkets. We'll see the cave first. It's been awhile since I've seen you, and I need a good cuddle and a proper kiss. Been in a sour mood. The adviser... the one with the long pointy shoes tied at his ankles at Z's party... is up to something. He's been sneaking around and getting Zahar in more trouble with his father, however now Zahar is of age, he can't order him around like he used to before. " he pushed himself over another rock and they were floating above a trench. It wasn't quite the drop off, but it was large enough for the massive shark like creature with almost grey blue camo patterning on it's back, to swim beneath them, hidden until it flicked it's tail. He angled downward and using his body and wings, he propelled them quickly down and over to a bolder. He dug his back claws in the dark pumice stone floor of the trench, and his front ones on the rock to push it away. "He's a vile eel. I don't like how he treats Zahar or his cousin and he knows I see through his little charade. He had the audacity to call me a overgrown lava gecko when I confronted him once and attempted to black mail me once! If I was free to do as I please, he'd be the first person I'll toast then eat." he snorted out a small stream of heated bubbles as he shoved the rock away, slipping inside letting it roll closed behind him. He weaved past columns, stalagmites and stalagtites in the narrow tunnel then suddenly surged upstairs breaching in the cave. The walls glinted with glow worms that decorated the ceiling like stars. The uncut diamonds, emeralds,and rubys where huge, their crystal surfaces refracting the light casting the cave in a soft blue white light enough to see rough shapes by. He swam to a fine black sand beach, taking a single scoop pit with his claw and moved away from the water in to the cave further after she had dismounted. A crunch sounded and he returned with damp rotting wood in his mouth. Dropping it in the hole he broke it some more with a smack of his tail lighting it with a thin stream of deep red fire. The cave went from ghostly to warm and inviting within seconds of the fire hitting the precious gems. Adding more wood to keep the burn, he returned to his human self spreading his arms. "Welcome to my hoard my dearest. This is where I chose my heart stone. And this is where I go to hide when I need peace and quiet from my rambunctious family."

Zahar entwined their fingers together and chuckled. "I don't mind it at all, love, and that's the whole problem. But there is no reason for you to change, it's only us here, and the servants, of course." He nodded. "Naturally, they will be. Maklar has been particularly grouchy as of late, partly because he hasn't been able to get away to see Liv for over a week. They're even closer now than before, since their souls have been bound together, being separated has even greater of an effect on him." He gave her an encouraging smile and opened the front door of the villa. "That sounds lovely, we can certainly do that. I may be a little rusty on the constellations, but it's nothing a quick search won't fix." He grinned, showing her around the villa. There was a pool and hot tub, not to mention several bathrooms, a large kitchen and dining area, and many bedrooms. There was even a room containing only weapons, despite the fact that they were the only inhabitants on the island. Finally, he showed Rose to her bedroom which contained a king-sized bed and faced the ocean, having a door that opened to a balcony and a private bathroom. The closet was large as well, despite the fact that it was barely used. The several outfits that Zahar had gotten for her were put away either in the closet or the dresser. "This is your room. I'll be right next door if you need anything.  Naturally we can't room together, as some of the servants do like to talk." He winked. "Would you like to head on down to the beach now? There's not use waiting for Maklar and Liv, there's no telling where they've gotten off to or when they'll be back."

~

Liv allowed Maklar to vent, knowing he probably had been wanting to complain about the adviser for quite some time but hadn't been able to do so. "It's not surprising the adviser is so bad, considering what Prince Zahar's father is like. Like attracts like, I suppose. Was the king always so bad?" She was distracted from their conversation at the sight of the tunnels, making sure to stay low to make it easier for Maklar to avoid the hanging rocks either. After a short swim, the tunnel sloped upwards sharply and widened into a cave, which was coated in all manner of gems and crystals. It was beautiful in an eerie sort of way, and she slid off of his back and landed with a muted thump on to the black sand. "I've never seen black sand before!" She exclaimed aloud, watching as Maklar started a driftwood fire. The cave instantly sprang alive with light, turning warm and invited. "It's beautiful, Mak. I've never seen anything like it." She walked over to him, wrapping her arms loosely around his waist in a hug. "I've missed you. It's been two weeks for me." 

"I know how that is. Gossip flies faster than your space ship. " She said grinning as she went out on the balcony, leaning on the railing. "Well, how about we spar and then go for a soak in the hot tub? I'm a little antsy and working out would help me relax better." She suggested. "Or we can continue our dance lessons uninterrupted this time. Do you know the Earth's tango? It's fun to do. "She smiled at him. "Or we can bake cookies together. There's so much I can come up with. Good thing you have more hours in a day then I do."

---

"No, the king wasn't always so bad. He always was strict, but a good king. Unfortunately his grief from his wife's death clouded his mind. The advisor has been around since the last king died. I believe he has been poisoning the king's mind against his own son. A soldier once shot an animal in the king's hunting ground. However the advisor who witnessed this incident blamed Zahar thus the king disciplined him. That's only one of the many times I've seen him blame Zahar on things he didn't do. He is committing treason, however I burn his tower to ruin his plans so often I have no evidence. It is my word as a servant against a man who has the king's ear. My hands are tied. Zahar would believe me, but his father won't." He sighed and rested his forehead against hers. "I'm tense and worried, but he can't reach us here. Zahar told very few of his plan and for good reason. Word spreads fast. Rose would get her wish finally. " He grinned and winked. "Say nothing though, I only know because he took a Dragun ring shopping. On a different note, black sand makes the most wonderful red glass." He scooped her up and sat down on the sand holding her on his lap tightly in his arms. "I know my love. It felt like months to me. This is our honeymoon so we should enjoy it and relax." He said softly pressing his lips against hers in a deep kiss. A purr bubbled up  as he ran his fingers through her hair, he broke away kissing and nibbling down her neck. "My beautiful wife how I missed you. The days feel too long and the nights too cold without you beside me..." 

Zahar laughed, leaning against the railing on his elbow, angled to look at Rose. "Sparring sounds good. We'll have time to do everything you want, so you don't have to worry," He said with a smile. "If you'd like to go change, we can head down and spar wherever you'd like. I haven't sparred in the sand in a while, I'm admittedly a bit out of practice in that terrain."

~

Liv listened, liking the adviser less and less. "At least he can bother any of us out here," Liv soothed, running her fingers through his hair when Maklar pressed his forehead to hers. She squealed excitedly when Maklar revealed Zahar had taken him ring shopping. "He's going to propose to Rose?! It's taken him long enough!" She giggled as Maklar scooped her into his lap, eagerly returning his kiss and only pulling away when she needed breath. She tilted her head up to give him better access, eyes closed and a smile on her face. "I missed you too. It's lonely without you." She nudged him away long enough to press kisses along his jawline, trailing down his neck towards his collarbone. "I love you."

"Sweet!" She said taking his arm and dragging him from the room. "I'll be right down. I live in a desert so there's hard and soft sand there. Beach sand might be different so it'll be a welcomed challenge. Let me change!" She grinned shoving him out of the door and closing it behind him wasting no time to change into a sports bra and running shorts spandex that covered only a little bit more than her swimsuit did. She jogged out to the beach, her hair in a tight bun. "Ready!"

---

He shivered, purring louder when she messed with his hair. When she kissed down his neck a possessive growl seeped from his throat, his eyes rolled back in enjoyment as he tilted his head up. "You know, you are the only one alive I let play with my hair. After a certain age, I didn't allow my own mother to brush it for me...." He hummed, voice growing deeper like it was on their wedding night. Only he seemed to be in control of himself now, relaxed and calm. He tilted his head to the side looking at her with glowing cat slited eyes. "And I love you, to the edge of the ever expanding universe and back. You are, and will always be my life's breath. My beloved star, my Sun and moon. As long as the stars burn, so will be the flames of my love burn for you and only you..." He never broke eye contact, and as a male dragon he couldn't lie or make false statements in the presence of a woman, let alone his life mate.  His tongue was silver like her eyes when it came to romantic poetry, weaving beautiful words together till sweet nothings became a work of art more beautiful than the Sistine Chapel.

((A summary of my most recent activities: *distressed screeching*))

Zahar smiled at Rose's enthusiasm, tucking his hands into his pockets and strolling towards the beach. He doubted it would take her very long to change, if her excitement was anything to go by, and she barreled right past him after a couple minutes, prompting him to chase after her with a laugh. Zahar decided to ditch his shirt, unbuttoning it before hanging it over one of the trees and rolling his shoulders. "One match on the beach and one in the water, what do you say? I'll protect our eyes from seawater for the second one, to even things out a bit. Telekinesis does come in handy sometimes... And, of course, I won't use my powers for our first match... much." He shot Rose a cheeky grin, eyes scanning her figure and appreciating the view before walking a little farther out in the loose sand. "Haven't done powerless sparring in a while, never really have to," He said, getting into a ready position. "Whenever you're ready, love."

~

Liv smiled, leaving a lingering kiss by the dip in his collarbone.  She pulled back in time to catch Maklar's darkened gaze, smirking as she realized the effect she had on him. "I'm just going to have to play with it more often then, hmm?" She pulled her fingers through his hair once more to make a point before pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose. "You're such a romantic, you know that? I love it - but I love you more, my handsome dragun. We should do this more often, I've missed cuddling with you."

((Oh my! I thought it was a bunch to get you hung up like that. Poor dear polar.... ))

"Hold on..." She said with a cheeky grin of her own doing little to hide the fact that she was studying him as well while walking into position. "I guess you really aren't scrawny under your clothes. I thought you were. " she said stretching to limber up before settling into her fighting stance. "Sounds like a plan. At least you can't read my mind.... I think you'd blush if you could right now..." she winked trying to throw him off his game as she slowly circled him. 

----

"Yesssss, you should. I quite like the feeling." He hissed softly kissing her jaw tenderly. "I missed this too. Can't cuddle much when your dad and brother watches us like two hawks ready to strike. I've been told from my irritated family that I'm a star crossed hopeless romantic. But I also know you love such honied words of affection. So I try my best inner poet to make you smile my love."  He purred holding her tightly nibbling her neck now. "However if this gets any more inviting, I will likely break my promise. You are not helping with those kisses that sends burning lava through my vains..." He muttered softly. "So you like my hideout?"

((It's been a month since I've responded here oop - also Zahar wins first Rose wins second?

Trying not to god-mod here))

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" Zahar asked with a chuckle, cracking his neck. "Is that so? Or maybe just an attempt to throw me off?" He asked with a chuckle, violet eyes taking in her stance as he circled her slowly. Deciding to make the first move, he darted forward, mindful of the slick sand, and began his attack, weaving away from Rose's blows and using the sand to his advantage - it allowed for quick pivoting and sliding under blows that hard ground wouldn't. Their fight was more of a very elaborate dance, and Zahar's moves were so fluid and controlled that it was clear he had been fighting since a very young age. Despite this the two were surprisingly well matched - though the prince was holding back some, as there really was no need to put full power behind his punches. Eventually, however, he gained the upper hand, flipping Rose down onto the sand and holding a hand to her neck - not hard, just enough to hold her in place. He smirked. "Dead. You're very good, you know."

~

Liv giggled. "Very true. They're just protective. Well... overprotective. And you can shower me with compliments however much you'd like. I won't complain," She said, rolling her eyes at him. "If that's the case," at this she nudge his head away from her neck, "then perhaps we should tone it down. And yes, I like your hideout very much. It's nice in here. Cozy." She settled her head on Maklar's chest, listening to his heartbeat. 

((Sure! Glad you're back! :) ))

"Yes that's a compliment. I had training with seals and higher military personnel on bases my dad worked at since I could walk. I should be very good. " she retorted and stood up. She worked her toes into the soft sand for better grip and faster movements, keeping to the ball of her feet. She used her small size to her advantage, ducking inside his punches in the second round, smacking the back of his head playfully when he didn't cover properly. Her winning move was when she hit his hip joint and kicked out his leg knocking him over on his back. In one move she was straddling him pinning an arm and her arm across his neck. "Dead." She got a smug smile. "I like this... but you're kinda wide open." She said softly before stealing a smooch and running away to the dunes getting into her stance again. "Come and get it asparagus!" She called playfully mocking the color of his skin.

However her stomach ha other ideas. She flushed. "I didn't eat much this morning. Can we have a snack?" 

---

Maklar heaved a relieved sigh. "Aye, this is better. Indeed, but like I said, you haven't been on a proper flight and the island is quite beautiful from the air.  But lets say like this a little bit longer..." He said running his fingers through her dark hair tenderly. He growled back at his belly as it complained. "Surface for lunch? I don't travel well on a full stomach so I just had a handful of honey nuts this morning... I'm starving.... I have a perfect spot for a picnic. I made sure they brought strawberries here!" He grinned. 

Zahar was impressed when Rose managed to beat him, grinning as she stole a kiss before letting him up and trotting off again. She was prepared for another fight when her stomach growled loudly, prompting Zahar to chuckle. "Sure, food it is. We've got staff here - not as many as at the castle, but there should be some food already made, as most know of the fact that I tend to snack in between duties a bit," Zahar said, taking her hand and walking towards the house. "Would you like to go swimming after this? We can go in the ocean, or if you're not quite keen on meeting any unfamiliar sea creatures, the pool."

~

Liv simply hummed in agreement, enjoying the feeling of his fingers combing gently through her hair. She giggled when Mak's stomach growled and he growled back. "Sure, lunch sounds great. I'm pretty hungry myself, and a picnic sounds amazing!" She sat up, glancing back at him. "I'm ready to go whenever you are."