Obscure_Trash

ANSWERED:Holidays Breed True All Year Round

because what if your cb yulebuck or cb sweetling or cb marrow refuses your only cb gold or even cb prize? its going to be hell if not impossible to find a new mate

its basically impossible to create a purebred 4th gen or higher of yulebucks, hollies, pumpkins, marrows, val 09s, sweetlings and the older holidays get the more this is going to get difficult

what would be the point of having out of season breeding if you cant get or use any cb holidays in the first place to create nice lineages? at least with cb metallics there is a chance you can get them because they actually drop in cave.

You can potentially avoid this problem all together if you use fertility on your dragons and you can never have PB lineages of most of the breeds anyway because they are single-sex.

Also, most people seem to be looking for nice lineaged dragons, not CB ones. The holiday is for grabbing your CB dragons. This suggestion is for the breeders' benefit.

I tentatively support it provided there isn't a harsh trade-off.

Bump for the almost year anniversary of this thread's creation.

I'm still tentatively interested in this idea. Would be nice to be able to work on holiday lines a little faster. /thinks about how long my mutamore lines are going to take

Bump for the almost year anniversary of this thread's creation.

I'm still tentatively interested in this idea. Would be nice to be able to work on holiday lines a little faster. /thinks about how long my mutamore lines are going to take

I still want this to become reality. Waiting years to advance holiday lines is beyond maddening. I don't really breed my holidays much outside of their breeding period. Imagine if there were even the tiniest chance of breeding a holiday during the year. Lineages would get to progress more than twice a year. (Once for the holiday in question, then once again for its mate. Then nothing until the following year. This is how it currently is.)

Cravers of alt sweetlings? I've been building him for the last 3 years. I sent his 3 siblings to the AP. I want to send even more of his brothers out there! But I can't, not for another year. sad.gif Now, other than maybe breeding for a sister, I have very little incentive to breed that line. I can't really "spread the love" when I can only spread sweetlings around once a year.

Edited by Siliskor

The prospect of being able to complete Holiday lineages somewhat more quickly would be very welcome to me.

It is quite demoralising to look at a lineage and think 'oh, that's going to take me x years to complete'. Even with metal type chances, it would be better than we have now.

However, if the trade off was no multi-clutches at holiday time, etc. then I don't think I would really support it.

But generally yes, I would be in favour of this. I do love Holiday lineage smile.gif

As someone who breeds holiday lineages I prefer that they stay seasonal, the challenge is what makes these lineages fun for me. We can build any other lineage year round, but these are special in that they can only be expanded to the next gen during the holiday week. I can not support this.

I feel kind of bad for suggestions like this because of the forum specifically.

If you could poll EVERY user of the site (adding in those who don't use the forums constantly or regularly, more casual players or players who started the game when they were young and have just continued on with it) I'm sure the results would be a lot more in favor of this suggestion. The forum is filled with a lot of players who - even if they have busy lives - MAKE time for this game on a daily or regular basis. Of course people who wait all year and already have multi-year holiday lineages of holidays don't want their work to be undermined - which is understandable.

I was actually thinking it would be neat to have holiday dragons' breeding use similar mechanics to zombie creation in terms of chance:

-Closer to the 14th, there is a higher chance of breeding Valentine's eggs, 25th for Christmas, and 31st for Halloween, as has already been suggested.

As for how to cure the holidayxholiday dilemma, it would be really fun if the not-Valentine's-day chance would be filled up with dragons that come from the "spirit of the holiday,"

Valentine's Day: High chance to produce - Balloon Dragon, Arias, Carmine or Flamingo Wyverns. | Low chance to produce - Pinks, Purples, Spring seasonal dragons

Halloween: High chance to produce - Brute, Candelabra, Cassare, Harvest, Olives | Low chance to produce - Blacks, Spirit Ward, Hellfire Wyvern, Howler Drake, Fall seasonal dragons

Christmas: High chance to produce - Nilia Pygmy, Moonstone Dragon, Glaucus Drake?, Frostbite Dragon, Azure Glacewing | Low chance to produce - Almerald, Kyanite Pygmy, Diamondwing, Celestial, Winter seasonal dragons

So mostly out of season they just produce common eggs and sometimes uncommon (I feel like the odds would be about the same as getting an alt from a breeding pair with an equal odds of getting each outcome), along with their respective season's dragon.

Whatever the odd of getting a Zombie dragon is from a revival, just slap that odd right on getting a Valentine egg from holidayxholiday out of season, except for the Christmas and Valentine's dragons change the 31st high odds to 14th and 25th.

Holiday x Non-Holiday would fill the odds void with the opposing breed's egg, of course.

During their holiday, multiclutch and no refusals would be preserved.

Without reading back through the whole thread and the many variations people would be happy to see - I would be tentatively in support of this if the chance of breeding holidays out of season was very very low. Think like getting a Pink out of an Aria, or a bred Tan Ridgewing baby instead of a purple or a prize from a common mate, but possibly even rarer. These are things that if I knew there was a week of the year to only get pinks or only get tans or whatever I would seriously consider patiently waiting to breed, honestly, and usually that's just for 2g's too. If I only had one higher gen checker pairing that I really needed an egg from to try each week I shudder to think how much longer it might take.

I also really like the seasonal fun aspect and wouldn't want to compromise the silly season or multi-clutching or the giant AP wall parts of the game. However for those who can't log on much during the holidays or don't want to or have too many lineages to only breed in season AND who are willing to chuck fails to the AP week in and week out until they get the right egg, the option is available.

It would also be really helpful for things like Hollies and some of the other very early holidays if there were more opportunities to breed low gens...

Tentative support.

I have absolutely no interest in building holiday lineages, not because I don't like holidays enough but because they're such a hassle to breed. This would change that. Of course, it would be an enormous change from how holidays have always worked, so I'm not sure what compromises would have to be made to holiday breeding in order to make it more feasible.

That said I think I would be okay with pretty much any limitation or rarity, so long as breeding actually became an option.

I'd be alright with this if it's RARE (like rarer then most gold breedings), holiday dragons should still be primarly for the holidays, basically my view is that holiday dragons shouldn't become mundane in any way.

Personally I do like that we get Holidays only one time a year.  I like using Halloweens, Holidays and Valentines dragons for breeding fodder the rest of the year for the mate's breed. But that's just my opinion, lol.

Enh... No thanks. I LIKE that they only breed true once a year. It makes them special. It's what makes them holiday dragons. If they can always breed true they just become normal dragons.  I hear the argument against that, but... that's still ultimately how I feel about it. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

29 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Enh... No thanks. I LIKE that they only breed true once a year. It makes them special. It's what makes them holiday dragons. If they can always breed true they just become normal dragons.  I hear the argument against that, but... that's still ultimately how I feel about it. 

Same, I'm afraid. Also I sort of like having one intense week for each holiday where everyone focuses on lineages for those breeds.

Agree with Lurh and Libby. Holidays should only breed true on their specific Holidays. That makes them 'Holiday' dragons, in my opinion.

I can see why someone might want them to breed true all year, but they wouldn't feel like special "holiday" dragons to me if they did. 

I don't really think this is necessary. Availability of event dragons is somewhat limited by their restricted breeding periods, but I don't think it's overly restrictive in how it is now.