Obscure_Trash

ANSWERED:Holidays Breed True All Year Round

I don't want holidays to breed completely like other dragons. Yes the holidays are stressful, but it's also rather exciting, and I have fun hunting the AP flood for nice lineages. I don't want that to be totally removed, it would make the dragons not much like holiday dragons, but regular releases that happen to be themed by their release date. However, I do support making them reproducible year-round only if the chance for getting one is very low, such as for a metal or a prize. This would allow dedicated breeders the opportunity to continue lineages throughout the year without sacrificing the special holiday season. An extended breeding season would be good too, or what about the current length of the season for multi-clutches, and then for a month or so after that they can still reproduce and have good rates, but only produce a single egg?

Prizes are far more common than people seem to think. I support them breeding year round if they breed a rate that is more rare than cb golds are. CB Golds are the rarest (when you ignore holidays, cb hybrids and cb prizes) in cave. Its possible to see multiple people loaded up with more than one at a time on their scrolls. Regardless of how those are obtained, the fact that they exist in numbers where its possible to load up like that, makes it too common for out of season breeding in my mind.

That is why I had suggested them breeding out of season at a rate slightly higher than the chances of successfully summoning. It can happen, and when it does, you'll be pleasantly surprised, but most of the time, its just not going to happen. Having them be as common as the rarest dragon (catchable as cb year round) on site.. is just too common.

I very cautiously support this. I like the current 1 week breeding period with multiclutches and 100% true breeding because of the huge AP wall that gives everyone a bigger chance of snagging a nice holiday simply because there's such a huge concentration of eggs in one spot that it's almost impossible to come out empty handed. I do not really wish to see the breeding period extended mostly because I fear it would lead to the wall being thinned down so I might have to scramble for eggs... I like the current all-you-can-grab buffet that is the AP during holidays, it's so delicious!

But if this was kept and the chance of holiday pairings producing a holiday egg outside of season was made rare (not Prizes rare since in my experience, save for some of my more stubborn pairs, Prizes tend to be pretty decent breeders, but perhaps true Metallics rare) I don't see any harm in having a chance to create/continue a holiday line out of season (save for being a bit weird that a Halloween dragons would be born during summer, but that's my lore-related issue that I'd be willing to ignore for the sake of lineages).

That is why I had suggested them breeding out of season at a rate slightly higher than the chances of successfully summoning. It can happen, and when it does, you'll be pleasantly surprised, but most of the time, its just not going to happen. Having them be as common as the rarest dragon (catchable as cb year round) on site.. is just too common.

Agreed.

Edited by stagazer_7

I don't like this idea - I like using my holidays to breed BSAs to the AP

Tentatively support.

Maybe holiday dragons could only breed true during their holiday, but not others?

Ex. You can breed Valentine's dragons all year and during Valentine's, but not during Halloween or Christmas?

I'll add this to the OP but I personally would like to keep it simple, so am not for this.

I would honestly really love this idea as it would allow users like me to get some CB holidays that I unfortunately missed, as well as being able to make some pretty lineages. Getting any length of a lineage with them takes years and that is honestly really inconvenient for those of us who can't always get on during the very short period of time that they can breed.

I do find it a bit disheartening that there are so many people here that don't support this purely because they like having something rare that others can't get and almost purely for something like "bragging rights" or "trade fodder".

I honestly think it would be nice for there to be a bit more equality between the people who can't be on here as much and those who are able to spend a lot of time.

Of course, those who spend a lot of time here will still be able to have their bragging rights as they will likely still own more of the rares than those who are more casual, but it would make it a lot more possible for those with less time to devote to this site to complete their collections and scroll goals eventually.

Edited by SyrusAllen

I would honestly really love this idea as it would allow users like me to get some CB holidays that I unfortunately missed, as well as being able to make some pretty lineages. Getting any length of a lineage with them takes years and that is honestly really inconvenient for those of us who can't always get on during the very short period of time that they can breed.

I do find it a bit disheartening that there are so many people here that don't support this purely because they like having something rare that others can't get and almost purely for something like "bragging rights" or "trade fodder".

I honestly think it would be nice for there to be a bit more equality between the people who can't be on here as much and those who are able to spend a lot of time.

Of course, those who spend a lot of time here will still be able to have their bragging rights as they will likely still own more of the rares than those who are more casual, but it would make it a lot more possible for those with less time to devote to this site to complete their collections and scroll goals eventually.

No - it wouldn't do that - BREEDING would be possible, but that would not provide CBs.

CBs of past holidays are over, end, done. They were specific to their dates of issue. There has been a suggestion to reissue them, but on the whole the spriters are even agin it, and it is VERY unlikely to happen. Those who didn't join till later will never get those as CBs - there are several I will never get, not to mention OPs, even bred ones, and CB / true breedable frills - though frills MAY be coming back. That's life. Even though I would love to have the CBs I am missing, I wouldn't support bringing them back - and I don't say that for trade fodder reasons, but because of the game mechanics.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Getting those old caveborn holidays is one of the reasons for the Store suggestion. If you want old caveborn holidays, support the Store suggestion.

This suggestion is for breeding ALL holidays all year long; which I support 110%. One week and only 7 egg slots means way too much frustration for a time that is supposed to be enjoyable. Which is why I support year round breeding, so that I can actually enjoy the holidays. I'm even in favor of holidays breeding no better than Golds during the year, because RARE is better than not at all.

Aha, was just about to suggest this for Halloweens and figured I'd do a quick search first. I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before. So I'm gonna give it a nudge.

Really, I'd be happy if it were just Halloweens that could breed year round. Seeing as they already break 'Da Rules by having male and female sprites and having no breed limit. Halloween is supposed to be a less "serious", more fun time of the year, so why can't they breed year round?

We have some of the most BA Halloween sprites, and it's a shame that we can't do all that much with them. (Other than my PB Marrow line, because it has taken me years to build.) It's gotten, for me, to the point where I've given up on trying to build, or continue, any lineages with any of my other Halloweens. I just don't have the time to go through 6 years of Halloweens, having almost 100 CB sprites to breed with, and only having 1 week to do anything with them. It's simply impossible.

As far as the other Holidays, I'm OK with their limits. I think eventually, it would be nice to extend their breeding period by at least a week, the more breeds we get. But Halloweens have always been an "exception", so I don't see a good reason not to have them breed year round.

Ehhh... I love Halloween to death (and Valentines, too!), but there's something special about the chaos and community of DC during the holidays. I kind of LIKE feeling rushed and crazy versus the normal very laid back gameplay. It's not something I'd want all the time, certainly, but for the few holidays we do have it's very exciting. I feel if it was a year long thing we would not have tons of people flocking to the IRC to share lineages and breedings and the joy of rooting through an AP full of holidays, trying to find the best ones.

Although there are probably ways to get the best of both worlds. If the shop is ever added, there could be a potion that allows for out-of-holiday breeding. If the shop doesn't happen, perhaps a new dragon will be perfect for a BSA that allows it. Or, heck, holidays could even have a year round chance of success, but it'd be almost metallic-level low, so people COULD get holidays out of season, but the excitement and benefits of participating in the holiday week would still be there.

Although there are probably ways to get the best of both worlds. If the shop is ever added, there could be a potion that allows for out-of-holiday breeding. If the shop doesn't happen, perhaps a new dragon will be perfect for a BSA that allows it. Or, heck, holidays could even have a year round chance of success, but it'd be almost metallic-level low, so people COULD get holidays out of season, but the excitement and benefits of participating in the holiday week would still be there.

I think this could be at the very least^^

I'd still like to be able to breed holidays out of season SOMEHOW, I'd finally be not so possesive of the holiday eggs bred from them and stuff...

I definitely think that the breeding period for holiday dragons should be increased. Year round? I'm not sure. But I could get behind it if they did breed like rares for the other 51 weeks. I agree that with only one week of breeding, only 7 egg slots, and the impossibility of breeding a second generation (even if the dragons do become adults during the season) it is simply impossible to utilize most of the holiday dragons I have.

Ehhh... I love Halloween to death (and Valentines, too!), but there's something special about the chaos and community of DC during the holidays. I kind of LIKE feeling rushed and crazy versus the normal very laid back gameplay. It's not something I'd want all the time, certainly, but for the few holidays we do have it's very exciting. I feel if it was a year long thing we would not have tons of people flocking to the IRC to share lineages and breedings and the joy of rooting through an AP full of holidays, trying to find the best ones.

For Christmas and Valentine's Day, sure. That time of year is still pretty exciting for me. Because I don't have 100 CB sprites to breed. We only get 2 a year. Starting and continuing lines is still manageable for the most part.

I'm mainly focused on Halloween here. (maybe I should branch this off into its own thread?) Like I said, 6 years of no limits and only 1 week to breed true, it's become insane and just not interesting any more.

I love my Halloweens, and it's a shame I have no desire to do anything with them any more.

Edited by tikigurl91

For Christmas and Valentine's Day, sure. That time of year is still pretty exciting for me. Because I don't have 100 CB sprites to breed. We only get 2 a year. Starting and continuing lines is still manageable for the most part.

I'm mainly focused on Halloween here. (maybe I should branch this off into its own thread?) Like I said, 6 years of no limits and only 1 week to breed true, it's become insane and just not interesting any more.

I love my Halloweens, and it's a shame I have no desire to do anything with them any more.

I'm in the camp that would like to see Christmas/Valentine limits raised, so I think any solution should work for all three holiday types ^^

Why?

because what if your cb yulebuck or cb sweetling or cb marrow refuses your only cb gold or even cb prize? its going to be hell if not impossible to find a new mate

its basically impossible to create a purebred 4th gen or higher of yulebucks, hollies, pumpkins, marrows, val 09s, sweetlings and the older holidays get the more this is going to get difficult

what would be the point of having out of season breeding if you cant get or use any cb holidays in the first place to create nice lineages? at least with cb metallics there is a chance you can get them because they actually drop in cave.

because what if your cb yulebuck or cb sweetling or cb marrow refuses your only cb gold or even cb prize? its going to be hell if not impossible to find a new mate

its basically impossible to create a purebred 4th gen or higher of yulebucks, hollies, pumpkins, marrows, val 09s, sweetlings and the older holidays get the more this is going to get difficult

what would be the point of having out of season breeding if you cant get or use any cb holidays in the first place to create nice lineages? at least with cb metallics there is a chance you can get them because they actually drop in cave.

I'm super confused because people can already get refusals between cb yulebucks and etc. And some people want mates that are compatible year round, not just when refusals are turned off. Yeah, picking up a new gold isn't going to be an easy task, but golds do drop year round. Not to mention people who do pb gold/silver lines or people who do pb holiday lines.

Like, the situation you're describing just sounds like what we basically already have or if the suggestion was to not be able to breed holidays at all. Besides, even if past cb holidays become available again, it's probably only going to be during the holidays, so you can still only pick up a new mate one time a year. So...

I'm super confused because people can already get refusals between cb yulebucks and etc. And some people want mates that are compatible year round, not just when refusals are turned off. Yeah, picking up a new gold isn't going to be an easy task, but golds do drop year round. Not to mention people who do pb gold/silver lines or people who do pb holiday lines.

Like, the situation you're describing just sounds like what we basically already have or if the suggestion was to not be able to breed holidays at all. Besides, even if past cb holidays become available again, it's probably only going to be during the holidays, so you can still only pick up a new mate one time a year. So...

but at least you would be able to get a new mate

there is a limited amount of cb holidays on site which i dont think its going to make breeding any easier as the years go by. look at the hollies. no amount of out of season breeding is going to increase cb holly numbers and eventuallya good amount people will have all the bred offspring they need from holidays and cb holidays are going to be the thing that they need

there is a limited amount of cb holidays on site which i dont think its going to make breeding any easier as the years go by. look at the hollies. no amount of out of season breeding is going to increase cb holly numbers and eventuallya good amount people will have all the bred offspring they need from holidays and cb holidays are going to be the thing that they need

You can get a new mate; you can pick up another gold.

Tbh, I'd prefer to be able to breed my holidays year round than pick up more cbs. I don't want to breed to increase cb numbers - that makes no sense. I want to breed to create lineages. I don't do many holiday lines (and I've only done one checker past 3rd gen) because I can't breed them year round.

I don't really like the idea of year round breeding for holidays. Mostly because I use holidays to ensure I get an egg from the other breed. Kind of like using a ditto in pokemon.

Maybe you had a very low chance of getting the holiday.

I'd also love to breed year round, at either Trio or Metal breeding rates. Because its brutal hard to get all the lineages during the Holidays, and its getting worse. I'd dearly love to save all the Holiday breedings fr those pairs that were stubborn the year before....

Cheers!

C4.

I wouldn't mind this, but just like kitsune93 I often use Holiday dragons to try and get eggs I want that *aren't* Holiday, but are equally hard to get. But yeah, I support it in general. Many people have said stuff I agree with so I won't bother repeating most of that, I'll just say...

I want the multiclutches and 'no refusal' during holiday seasons to stay. I really enjoy picking out stuff from the AP when everyone is breeding the holiday dragons, and there's no other way I can get 2nd gens from most holiday dragons. Especially for newer people or people who want to expand their breeding pool without trading (for people who are too busy to pick up commons or have nothing to offer), it's a nice option to have.

Edited by silver_chan

Or just try again in season, and you will get eggs.

I must admit, I'm not sure this is a good idea. Somehow, I doubt that TJ would go for just more holidays by allowing us to breed them out of season without taking anything in return. (See his stance on adding CB holiday eggs - he'd null or reduce multi-clutches in return.) Which means that we'd have less of a holiday wall, which I consider to be important for new players as well as those without good catching abilities.

Come to think of it, I'm tentatively against this suggestion.

Or just try again in season, and you will get eggs.

yeah but only the holiday eggs never the eggs from the other parents breed

im fine with reducing multiclutches in order to get cb holidays back