AroaraAngelwolf

Two halves (Missing Piece OcC)

Here's Mouse's post, Aroara. It has the link for the picture biggrin.gif Edited by polaristar

Yes it is still open. It just started. We need more players so go ahead and Join if you want! We need more humans and the limit is three characters per person.

Nice to see you again pudding!

Alright, fantastic! It's great to see you again too.

I'll probably stick with two characters for right now and make one of them a human. I'll get to work right away on the sheets so they should be done pretty quickly.

My first post is up on missing piece! we can start this now! i'll put your sheets up when they are in pud.

Dp, you have to set up a mark if Jasmine is with Sasha, and is Jasmine in Scott's Isle?

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alright I may have gone a little all-out on Bookers.... Tell me if there's something wrong with that species.

Username: pudding

Name: Marielle �Marie� Fermin

Biological sex: Female

Appearance: Marie has long, slightly curly hair that is usually tied back in a loose bow. She has dark brown eyes and olive skin that is freckled around her cheeks and nose, as well as on her shoulders. Her ears are pierced and have been since she was younger and she is very fond of wearing skirts or dresses. She can usually be found with a cup of tea or coffee in one hand and a book in the other hand.

Personality: Marie is a very bright young woman who believes the mind is the limit. She is very open to others and enjoys the strange passing conversations enjoyed with a total stranger that tend to more often than not dive deep into the problems with society, the future of the economy or the latest conspiracies that some people believe in. She has a very strong sense of morality and right and wrong, leading her to extend a warm and welcoming hand to those who have less than her. She believes completely and utterly that everyone can be their better self. That being said, Marie is naive, not stupid. Her upbringing sheltered her to the reality of the world and with a fair bit of exposure to how awful people can actually be, her outlook may change slightly.

History: Marie was born into a rich family and has been handed just about everything from a young age. Thanks to never having to worry about the bill, Marie was free to do almost whatever she wanted and flickered between a variety of hobbies such as lock picking, coding and painting, never really finding a place she felt comfortable in. As she grew older her mother passed away, leaving her only with her father. Upset but not put off, she decided to pursue a career in physics. She has big aspirations about the future and wants to make a discovery that will leave her family name firmly planted in the books alongside other famous scientists like Isaac Newton and Rosalind Franklin. Money may buy her a lot but it doesn�t buy her a lasting legacy.

Powers: The power of Friendship�

Species: Human

Soulmate:

Soulmate mark:

Other: �It�s called garbage can, not garbage cannot."

Username: pudding

Name: Booker

Biological sex: Sexless

Appearance: Booker appears as a tall male with dark skin and black hair. He has a scar over his left eye that cuts through his eyebrow and, almost directly above the scar, a lock of white hair that prematurely grayed out. His eyes are very bright blue and he wears a scarf that covers the lower half of his face, and thus the two other sets of eyes that are smaller and reside below his �natural� eyes. These eyes lack natural covering and thus cannot close or blink, thus requiring him to cover them with the scarf. Oddly enough, on closer inspection Booker actually seems to wear two scarves. This is because the second is not actually a scarf at all, but rather his third set of limbs that have taken the form of a scarf to help camouflage him. As such, he cannot remove this second scarf at all and the ends are capable of moving in unusual ways.

The only thing that remains of Booker�s forth set of limbs are two large scars on either side of his body, just beneath his armpits that are very apparent if he ever removes his shirt. It is important to note that Booker is deaf to higher-pitched noises and often fails to hear things above a certain frequency.

Personality: Booker is a fatalist and has a very submissive viewpoint on the universe. He believes what happens is inevitable and is oddly accepting, if not sarcastic, about events that occur. While not preferring to remain completely alone, he does build up many emotional and mental barriers between himself and others to avoid becoming too attached to the suppliers of his food as to avoid feeling bad about providing them with nightmares or regret if he is chased off for the same reason. He does derive some joy, or at least satisfaction, from feeding as the joy and positive emotions embedded in good dreams rubs off on him in some way. He does tend to be very conservative in his overall mannerisms and actions and is very easy to fluster with crude or suggestive comments, as well as the suggestion of removing his clothing, though this may simply be to avoid bringing attention to his scars or nonhuman features and not out of any actual embarrassment. Booker isn�t incapable of forming connections, though he tends to do so with a grain of salt and a great deal of sarcasm so people know right away what kind of person he is and don�t have any misunderstandings about his horrible personality and outlook.

History: Booker�s birth was a rather uneventful event. Conceived in the dark by a particularly dreadful nightmare, he was already looked like a child of several years and spent very little time dwelling on his birth before acquiring food. He learned to care for himself and spent most of his time by himself, learning the hard way the concept of money and why creatures like him have to stay hidden. His life has been very rough so far and it�s something he prefers not to talk about (So basically the rest is RP�ed).

Powers:

Web Generation: Booker is able to spin special webs primarily used to catch dreams in, however, they can basically be used like normal spiderwebs to restrain physical objects as well. Spinning webs requires some time and care (Meaning he can�t just Spiderman his way across a city) and webs are produced from his mouth, making it even less feasible for him to use this as transportation. The amount of webbing he can produce is proportional to the amount of dreams he consumes, meaning if he splurges and eats a lot of dreams, he will be able to produce more webbing. On the other hand, not eating enough dreams will leave him with weaker webbing that he can�t produce a lot of.

Dream Consumption: Booker consumes good dreams for nourishment, leaving behind only nightmares. Consuming more dreams allows him to grow stronger while failing to consume dreams makes him weaker.

Temporary Fog Travel: Booker is able to temporarily revert into a fog-like state, using this ability to quickly slip into buildings, provided they are not air-tight. This ability only lasts for a few seconds before he is forced to revert back into a solid form, or risk not being able to reform at all. If injured in some way, he cannot properly scatter into a fog and even if he manages to, he will reform with the same injury. He can move very quickly in this form, but is easily influenced by the wind.

Species: Greater Snare

Snares are dream-eating monsters born from mist and fog. They tend to live among other creatures instead of amongst themselves as they do not dream themselves, meaning they cannot feed off of one another without killing the other (aka, eating the dream they were formed from). While they do consume dreams for nourishment, they enjoy eating other food as well and most Snares enjoy warm milk and honey. Snares are divided into two types based on their birth and what they eat and eating the wrong kind of dream will make them ill. Snares usually do not remember every dream they consume just as humans do not remember every meal they eat, however, they may remember particularly tasty ones and continuously eat dreams from the same individuals if they enjoy them.

Lesser Snares are much more common than their counterparts and are formed from pleasant dreams and the morning mist. They are very benevolent, though often fussy, and they slip into buildings through cracks in the windows or under doorways. They consume nightmares for nourishment, leaving individuals with only pleasant dreams for the remainder of the night. While generally humanoid in appearance, Snares have ram-like traits such as horns, fluffy tails and cloven hooves in place of feet. They use their horns to draw in dreams and a Snare that has lost its horns in some way will gradually die of starvation.

Greater Snares, on the other hand, are born from midnight fog and nightmares. While not outwardly hostile, their presence is much more malevolent as they consume good dreams, leaving behind only nightmares. Unlike Lesser Snares, Greater Snares share traits with spiders, having somewhere from two to eight eyes, being able to spin webs to catch dreams in and contain eight limbs in total, though at least one set may be disguised as clothing, such as a scarf (with the ends being mobile and functional like limbs). Greater Snares have been known to be shunned from communities and are thus more subtle than their counterparts and occupy larger territories so their feeding is less suspicious.

Because of their conflicting natures, Greater and Lesser Snares rarely get along and may even attempt to eat one another as they themselves were created from dreams. Snares always remember the dream that they were born from and tend to be physically weaker than other species, relying on stealth and deception instead of brute force.

Soulmate: Sasha

Soulmate mark: "You look more intelligent than the brainless apes that usually frequent, play chess with me."

Other: �The Universe does not grade on a curve. It�s strictly pass/fail."

Edited by pudding

Ooh, can you please put the main sheet in bold ( age name and such) I did it with the others and revised the sheet. And power listing in italics (like power: necromancy : sees the dead) I think it makes it easier to see what is what, sorry!

Just edit that otherwise I don't see a problem, SL what do you think?

I thought Jasmine was going to be with Cyrus so now I'm a bit confused...unsure.gif. I'm also too lazy to read all of those other OOC posts so I need a run-down or recap of what's been talked about please.

I'm feeling a bit left out right now and does Jasmine have to be with Sasha? can't I choose later who she's going to be with if there will be other players joining us? if that's the name of the place where Cyrus is, then yes I guess.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Ooh, can you please put the main sheet in bold ( age name and such) I did it with the others and revised the sheet. And power listing in italics (like power: necromancy : sees the dead) I think it makes it easier to see what is what, sorry!

No problem, I fixed it!

Any Alternate Appearances? If not, then I think it's fine, so long as he can pass for a human (Booker, I mean).

Well, perhaps Jasmine should be Soulmates with one of Pudding's characters then. And so can Sasha. Sasha with Booker and Jasmine with either Avery or Marie? And we need another character for whoever's leftover.

Edited by SoiledLove

Any Alternate Appearances? If not, then I think it's fine, so long as he can pass for a human (Booker, I mean).

Well, perhaps Jasmine should be Soulmates with one of Pudding's characters then. And so can Sasha

Booker doesn't have any alternate appearances (except maybe when he goes all foggy but he can't hold that for long so I counted it as a power and not an "alternate form") and he does pass as human as long as he has his second scarf on to cover his lower eyes.

As for the Soulmates, I'm fine with matching them up either way. Sasha with Booker seems like a good idea (They can both not care about people together) so then it's just figuring out the other three.

Edited by pudding

So Sasha with Booker, yeah? What should their Marks be? First significant thing they say to each other?

Either that or a riddle because they both come across as being really frustrating people to deal with so you bet their Marks would be equally frustrating to decipher.

If we do the first significant thing they say to each other, what would we classify that as? Like, them opening up for the first time or just the first thing they say that isn't something along the lines of "Hello"?

Your sheets are up pudding. I'd appreciate if for marks to be already written out with where it's placed, what it is and such. It's easier to copy and paste it in then. Thanks! smile.gif

Well... Significant thing like something you wouldn't normally think to say to other people. They wouldn't have to match. One could be a riddle and the other could be the first sentence. I'm too lazy to think up a riddle rn though.

EDIT: okay, not normally think to say, but something that isn't a greeting. Like "do you want to play chess?" Or something.

Edited by SoiledLove

I assume people are at the Scott's Isle?

Palace SL? I guess it could be called that but really be a building for the big cats of the city...... that I have yet to name. Thanks for pointing that out.

I thought Jasmine was going to be with Cyrus so now I'm a bit confused...unsure.gif. I'm also too lazy to read all of those other OOC posts so I need a run-down or recap of what's been talked about please.

I'm feeling a bit left out right now and does Jasmine have to be with Sasha? can't I choose later who she's going to be with if there will be other players joining us? if that's the name of the place where Cyrus is, then yes I guess.

You hadn't been responding so Mousie and I set up Cyrus with Chrys. My reasoning was since we already have an RP going I'd like to work with a variety of people. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Glancing over the character sheets will tell who's soulmates with who, if that helps.

I'm trying to think of a riddle but all I can come up with is the Itsy Bitsy Spider.

I'm trying to think of a significant thing to say but all I can get off of Booker is something along the lines of "I'll warn you in advance, but I'm not in the habit of making friends." Maybe his should be a chess piece instead since his first lines are probably going to be pretty rude.

my weekend was busy with hanging out with cousins that I hadn't seen in awhile and my week was also busy with work. even if I had posted in here around that time, it might have been lost in other responses so it might have been better to pm me but I didn't get one regarding that and I did check that last night and that's why I got confused. I also can't think of a mark of what can be used for her soul mate when she does get one so I might need some help with that.

Sorry Dp! Max and autumn are together, most of the occ posts were trying to figure out what the mate Marks where. It looks though others are interested. Avery is like sasha, and we need people single for others who would like to join. If you don't mind waiting for a Soulmate...

Don't worry, I would help with her Mark.

If we're still waiting on a Soulmate for our characters or still working out the marks, can we post in the thread with them anyway? I'm alright with waiting but I'm just curious.

Also, since we do currently have an odd number of people, we could always have Marie be the odd one out until someone else joins. I don't mind making her awkwardly third wheel for a while.