angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

4 hours ago, banban007 said:

Just added my prize checkers, hopefully I did everything correctly. :D 

Looks good to me ;) Thanks for adding!

This is the thread what i've been looking for!

I have almost 200 pair of checkered lineage

Here is the link -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTLgIGrXKSZ-oUIGgTZ9ysA-XOJ0kayzFQ2vnq3t-wFLl9Rs1n7UUz8lR1K_stie4p-QfSJHq_i-uFT/pubhtml?gid=1&single=true

Fortunately I've already made my list so I'm working with my list to add on Database!

I only added what I can breed. I have 200 more dragon looking for checkered lineage mate

Edited by Zenoid

Since it's that time of year again, I'd like to go over a few quick things regarding Christmas lines!

- Please input Snow Angels with either (White), (Gold), or (Tricolor) tags! Mixed lines are not allowed.

- Please do not add blue winged Solstice lines! Only rosy! Since no blue CB Solstices exist, the names can just be left as Solstice when adding them, no need to add a rosy tag.

- Please input Aegises as either Aegis (Pacified) or Aegis (Enraged)!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to ya'll! Thanks for adding so many beautiful lines to this thing :D <3 

On 12/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

- Please do not add blue winged Solstice lines! Only rosy! Since no blue CB Solstices exist, the names can just be left as Solstice when adding them, no need to add a rosy tag.

Uhhh I kinda have a Blue-Winged solstice line listed in the database already. It's Gold x Solstice and I mentioned blue-winged in the notes. Do you want to delete that?

@Yhme sorry for the belated response! No worries, I'll get it.

ALSO APPARENTLY I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION:

Everyone please give a warm welcome to Dirtytabs, who will be helping manage the database! :3

And on a related note--Tabs noticed the S section was getting really long (like, longer than most of the other parts combined long!) and broke it off by itself. Do you guys like that style of organization? Would you rather see things chunked or combined in other ways? Let us know!

Is it Glory (day) and Glory (night) or Day Glory and Night Glory? And can you mention the snow angel variants (gold, white, tricolor) in the intro post? :D 

30 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Is it Glory (day) and Glory (night) or Day Glory and Night Glory? And can you mention the snow angel variants (gold, white, tricolor) in the intro post? :D 

Added the SA bit! Let's do Glory (Day) (Night).

*when I should really do this but it looks like work*

Google docs is a pain, I'd hate to break something. Maybe I'll try later.

52 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

*when I should really do this but it looks like work*

Google docs is a pain, I'd hate to break something. Maybe I'll try later.

It takes a bit to upload all your lines when you first start, but it gets much easier after that :D

And don't worry, the document where you add things is pretty bare bones, so even if you do something on accident it's easy to repair (I've had to do so before). And the main document can only be edited by me and Tabs so no worries there. :3

Um, question.. @angelicdragonpuppy How do I enter this into the spreadsheet? (It will be Pink x Sunrise out to 4th or maybe 5th eventually, but the start is weird, as you can see).

Actually also question about something like this, that flips each gen.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

29 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Um, question.. @angelicdragonpuppy How do I enter this into the spreadsheet? (It will be Pink x Sunrise out to 4th or maybe 5th eventually, but the start is weird, as you can see).

Actually also question about something like this, that flips each gen.

Only checkers should be added to the spreadsheet, so those two are not to be added ^^

From the FAQ section:

Q: So what's a "checker," exactly?

A: While some people have slightly different interpretations, for the purposes of this thread a checker is an even gen lineage where all the males are of a single sprite of one breed and all the females are of a single sprite of a different breed.

@MaeTM Well, by that definition, any checkers with hybrids, alts, or avatars wouldn't count. I would say the first one I asked about might count, but I'd like to hear from ADP.

Edit; disregarding the ones in question right now, added 71 pairs x.x

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@MaeTM Well, by that definition, any checkers with hybrids, alts, or avatars wouldn't count. I would say the first one I asked about might count, but I'd like to hear from ADP.

Edit; disregarding the ones in question right now, added 71 pairs x.x

Bolded a bit from FAQ neither would be accepted as a perfect checker both pretty tho :D

On 24/02/2016 at 4:39 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

2) As of right now, we are not currently accepting anything that isn't a perfect, two-sprite, non-inbred checker: IE, nothing with hybrids, alts, or avatars, or alternating or multiple checkers. This may change in future, but right now I'd like to keep it simple.

To further clarify, here are some examples of what isn't accepted:

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/hk9LQ : Has different Snow Angel varieties, including Spriter's Alts.

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/caxx0 : Has both Bright Pinks and New Pinks instead of just one or the other.

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/eqhIF : Has both Alt Blacks and Blacks instead of just one or the other.

@Tish Okay, I can accept if those are the rules- but that's a real bummer. Excluding hybrids and Avatar checkers just because their gen 1 is different is quite restrictive. They're still checkers- and they can't be gotten any other way, it's not like we have an option to use the dragons and not have different dragons in the gen 1 (and not like there's an 'avatar + hybrid checker database' either).

Noone's saying they are not checkers. It's just a matter of simplicity in organizing the database ^^

I think it's already pretty cool that we have this checker DB as it is. If you have any ideas on how to organize it to include hybrids and such, I'm pretty sure ADP would appreciate the suggestions you may have :) 

@MaeTM I just woulda thought it'd be simple to to list them as the 2nd gen and onward parents- non-hybrid parent genders can be listed in the notes if need be. GoNs will always match the avatar's gender, so that's not even confusing for them.

We've got quite a number of dragons in this game that breed other dragons, it limits creativity to use such a narrow definition of checker, all I'm saying. And as this database seems to be to help people find lineage breeders, and avatars would be one of the things people need the most help with, seems counter-intuitive.

Ultimately the database-owner's call, but just my two cents.

As @MaeTM said it mostly boils down to simplicity. I also have Avatar and blue winged Solstice checkers that it would've been nice to be able to search a database for, it would also mean more work for me in manually checking things. Do the GoNs match the gender of the Avatars? Are the Alt Blacks in every generation or every other? Is that Bluna x Sunsong checker from Skywing x Water or Skywing x Deep Sea? I prefer keeping it more simple, both for ease of maintenance and use. I already have to check all the submissions for correct breed name spelling and such, and while it's not a huge time sink it is tedious... I'd hate to have to manually check offspring, too. ^^u

That being said, if you want to snag the spreadsheet set up and make another thread, go for it! Honestly I've kind of wished someone would do that for 4g+ purebreds, even though that's really far from checkers, haha. You could also try checking out the thread below, which while it sadly doesn't include alts or hybrids, DOES include Avatars and Blue Solstices:

@angelicdragonpuppy Eh, if I do it, it'll die when I inevitably go inactive on the forums again.
I would say make a separate section of the spreadsheet, say 'Use at your own risk', and actually trust people to do things. Because they're checkers, and this is a checker database. Heck, if there's something wrong with the submission people will find out when they check the listed lineage, and can report it then.

Meh, this is why I don't participate much in special things on the forum. Just like ARK. Oh, I can't just make a comment in a thread that someone was nice? I actually have to send a PM and it's this whole big thing? Yeah no.. I never would have thought it'd be this regimented, or I wouldn't have bothered, don't think.

(and I say this because, I think you worry too much about the complexity. Most of the people who are even going to bother to take the time to put stuff in here are going to know what they're doing. Someone doing a 'my first lineage' probably isn't going to bother).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Most people who add here are active, and even then I've had to fix all sorts of errors, from wrong breed names to female-only breeds in the male sections and what not. So I think adding a whole new depth of potential complexity would be a headache. I like that it's "what you see is what you get" and there's no such thing as a standard "Bluna x Sunsong" checker. I've had the problem myself when looking for lineage swaps (Oooh, this person has the Solstice x Heartseeker checker I need--ah no, darnet, it's BLUE wings...) and don't really want it to repeat here unless there's a big demand for it. Sorry. Dx

And again I have similar checkers I've had to cut out myself, so I feel your pain, but I don't think the payoff is worth throwing the doors open.

@angelicdragonpuppy Well bluewings and stuff like that is easily solved, as I said.. write Solstice (blue-winged) as the female name- as with any breed variant that you already have people do. Same would work for lineages with alts and avatars from gen 2 onward. Hybrids would be almost the same, but in the notes I'd say 'M White x F Daydream, M Horse x F Hellfire., etc..

And eh, some people are dumb- but if a person has proved they can add normal lineages correctly, then could they be given the ability to add more complex ones?

(or if you just don't like doing it, put someone else in charge of more complex ones). Because the bottom line to me is, checkers are being left out of a checker database.

If a lot of people want to see them added, I might do it, but the desire would have to be there. Personally I see them as close cousins to checkers, but not quite perfect ones due to, again, how much potential variation there is.

@angelicdragonpuppy If you do add them, I'd agree to help out. After all, I can't just demand them be included with no effort on my part.

And they're not perfect, but they can still have the checker pattern- as I said, if there was a choice to breed them as-is from first gen, (like starting a checker of green firegems from non-green firegems instead of just sticking with green from the start), then I could see why not to count them, but there isn't. Game just loves its 'breed only's.

I can see some demand for avatar checkers, and they'd be more straightforward than hybrids, but I think both deserve a chance.

Since there are a lot of errors to fix in the spreadsheet already ("Frill", "Almandine", "Radient Angel", "Vine", "Heartstealer", trailing spaces, an inexplicable purebred, etc.), I'm not on board adding anything more than perfect checkers, which will complicate the database. Yes it's a shame avatars must remain off, genders would still vary - M GoN F olive & M green gemshard F GoN and so on.

Unless someone speaks out, I'm also going to change all instances of "Shimmer" to "Shimmer-scale", seeing as the latter is their breed name.

I just added my male Silver checkers (50 in 1 1/2 hours...), female Silver / Gold checkers will be more difficult for me, since I need to hop through all letters to check if I already added something...

I think if I start with Holiday checkers, I will only post the offspring link