angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

Man, I've got to get around to adding my checkers here one of these days.

Is this still a current project? The 'Add your checkers' spreadsheet says it hasn't been updated since February of this year...

The spreadsheet is still being updated, just whoever was doing it forgot to change the 'last updated' message as well. XD

Oh, yeah. I forgot. Several times. XD The database was actually last updated September 22 this year.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dirtytabs said:

❤️

FYI everyone, I'm... experimenting... with a thing on the sheets. Carry on as you would. :) :) :)

As someone who can never remember the actual dragon names, I cannot tell you how much I love this.  Thank you!!!!! 😍

I don't see Starsingers under female breeds; have they not been added yet, or are they going by a different name? 

Generally new holiday breeds aren't included until they have bred true the next year - there are no Starsinger checkers in existence yet so they wouldn't be able to appear in the Checker Database. After Christmas we'll see a lot of people adding them. :)

Is there any way to change the entries added into the database? I added an enraged Aegis x bronze Lunar Herald-checker there a while ago, with a miscolored offspring that I have since released, and I now have a properly colored Lunar Herald to add into the offspring section.

Also, I just finished adding some more completed lineages into the database. :)

Edited by Sazandora

22 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Is there any way to change the entries added into the database? I added an enraged Aegis x bronze Lunar Herald-checker there a while ago, with a miscolored offspring that I have since released, and I now have a properly colored Lunar Herald to add into the offspring section.

Also, I just finished adding some more completed lineages into the database. :)

Enter the information row as usual, but paint the background (with your choice of hue) and maybe stick a note in the leftmost column if you want. This way, when updating the database, we know to delete the outdated entry.

What should the pitfires be called on the sheet? Edit: OK, Exalted it is :)

Pitfire

&

Pitfire (Exalted) ?

Edited by Dirtytabs

I'm updating the changed breed names on the add sheet and database sheets.

All done. Please note that as usual, the form will put a little orange triangle in the cell if a name doesn't match any stored in data validation.

Is this thread more of a Breeding thread or a Trading thread?

What do y'all want the Gemshard colours to be called on the sheet?

Just finished adding my checkers (hope I did it right!), but I had a few questions.

One, does a Solstice checker have to have red/pink wings on the 2G+ in order for it to be "perfect"?

Two, does a checker involving different variants of the same species count, or does that count as purebreed? Like blue x red Gemshard or Astrapi x Thalassa Xenowyrm.

Three, is it okay to have a checker involving upside-down Mints? If so, should we note in the notes that it involves them?

I have checkers of all of the above, but I didn't add them, jic.

They'd be red/pink to be "perfect" (i.e. males look the same, females look the same)

Yep, it's technically purebred, but due to the "perfect" requirement above, it's more of a checker than PB line :)

Of course! And go ahead and note the upside-downs if you wish, since I believe there are plenty of users seeking lineages with them!

This seems really helpful, I'd love to add some of my checkers in!

I've got a few questions, hopefully they're not too silly! <:D

When registering as a breeder, do you need to have a personal database of your own?

What does the "Added to out database?" column in the breeder registration mean?

Should I wait for my registration as a breeder to go through before adding checkers, or does it not matter?

Curious to see if there’s any chance of this thread being updated again? :0 I’ve been discovering more checkers on my scroll and I’d love for them to be available for anyone looking for help on their projects!

The database and add sheet are still active and people are adding/fixing lineages! :) I guess the issue is that if the thread doesn't get bumped once in a while, people won't see it.

Speaking of updating, it appears Google updated data validation recently, so *blah blah blah blah details*, and that's why I've turned the b and c columns into visible dropdown lists with the oval look. You can still type, but instead of a warning, it'll refuse any entry that doesn't match the breeds on the list.

I've run across a couple breeds that I can't enter on the spreadsheet. I have a Scourgekeeper checker and a False-Headed checker.  I also like to try to type things in the wrong place, so please ignore me if this is just a post-holiday fog user error. 😁

Gah. Apparently, I overlook two-heads. Fixed now. It's been too long to excuse myself with post-holiday fog. XD

Sonatas: what should their variants be called?

I think I’ve seen most people calling ‘em blue, gold, and silver (even if “gold” looks more orange to me)

16 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Sonatas: what should their variants be called?

Birdzgoboom, who is the creator of the Sonata dragons, has mentioned the names Sonata (Aurax), Sonata (Cirion), and Sonata (Eclipse) here, so I'd go with those.