angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

ADP

user posted image

Is that a garchomp playing? laugh.gif That's amazing! xd.png

Now I will forevermore picture ADP as a garchomp, trying to input checkers without hands. xd.png

ADP has a Garchomp avatar (a really cute one!). I like imagining the characters/critters in people's avatars doing what they're doing. So Garchomp is hunt-and-peck updating checkers on the database as we speak. laugh.gif

/Sorry for belated response, distracted by new video game!

I'd really prefer an offspring link be added. An offspring link makes the parent links kinda redundant (although they're a nice backup in case something happens to said offspring and the link becomes invalid), but just having the parents linked means it's a two step process to see the full lineage / tell how it'll look and if it's related to any other lines people might have, which is kinda annoying. Daydreamer's suggestion of using the AoND lineage viewer is totally fine, though! Or, perhaps, simply link lineages of dragons you've gifted / traded to people you know won't mind? As Timbre said, I don't think using unowned offspring is an issue as long as they're adults, but if it really concerns you using gifted ones might be an alternative option. Or, again, use the AoND preview. biggrin.gif

Alright, thanks o3o I'll use the aond at least for things that don't have offspring yet, though.

EDIT: in case you check offspring links, ADP - a couple of them are frozen hatchies, in case it worries you or anything. v:

Edited by Infinis

ADP

user posted image

Very amusing, Tabs, although some might consider mocking my lack of thumbs impolite >8'C

(Ahaha seriously though thank you, it's so cute! X'D And thank you for the compliment to my own art as well! <3)

EDIT: in case you check offspring links, ADP - a couple of them are frozen hatchies, in case it worries you or anything. v:

As long as they're alive and breathing it makes no difference to me if they're in deep freeze biggrin.gif thanks for checking, though! smile.gif

@Everyone: You've probably noticed by now, but since submissions have slowed drastically I'll probably only update once or twice a week, since moving just a couple dragons every day isn't really cost effective.

Do people want to see inbreds in the database? My gut feeling is no, and I removed a few that were submitted, but I'd like to double check with ya'll.

Added all of my finished checkers to the database doc and added myself as a breeder. I love to have a reason to breed my dragons, and I'm happy to do so for free so people can feel free to PM me if they see anything they like smile.gif

Also, I'm willing to be lower gens of the lineages too if I have the dragons to be able to breed them.

Do people want to see inbreds in the database? My gut feeling is no, and I removed a few that were submitted, but I'd like to double check with ya'll.

Whoopsie. I forgot to double-check the OP about inbreds before putting them up. Sorry about that, my bad.

Keeping them off is probably for the best though. With inbred projects, I don't think many people would be interested in requesting them from breeders.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I wonder if I can pay someone a pretty dragon to put together a list of all my lineages for me..... xd.png

I'll get around to this just as soon as I have time. I promise! Its really useful.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh wow, how did it take me so long to find this place?! I love checkers and am currently trying to rebuild my Rainbow Checkers lineage on my new scroll. I'll have to see about putting together some checkers to share on here, I don't have any anyone would be interested in for now.

Attention Everyone!

As some of you have probably noticed the database has expanded a ton. Awesomeness! However, this new size is bringing some problems. All of the letter tabs now have 600+ dragons, and S-Z notably has a whopping 1200+. In light of this, would people like me to resort things again, or would people prefer leaving things as-is?

If a resort is decided upon, I was thinking either making separate tabs for Valentine / Halloween / Christmas dragons, or alternately splitting the letters into A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-T, and U-Z.

I like the idea of separating the holiday checkers into their own tabs, but while that would slim down the non-holiday tabs, I'm pretty sure the holiday tabs would end up pretty packed themselves. So maybe just redistributing the alphabetized sort order would be best? It'd be cleaner than having A-Z dragons, then Valentine A-L, Valentine M-Z, Christmas A-L, and so on -- but yeah, that might become necessary someday.

Where has this thread been all my life!?!?!

Just added my metal only and valentine based checkers *whew* going to save christmas and halloween (and random others) for another time. When did I get so many dragons?

Nyaw I just realized I'm not going to be able to put my reversing checker pumpkin/pygmy babies on here *pout* understand the reasoning behind it though tongue.gif

As some of you have probably noticed the database has expanded a ton. Awesomeness! However, this new size is bringing some problems. All of the letter tabs now have 600+ dragons, and S-Z notably has a whopping 1200+. In light of this, would people like me to resort things again, or would people prefer leaving things as-is?

If a resort is decided upon, I was thinking either making separate tabs for Valentine / Halloween / Christmas dragons, or alternately splitting the letters into A-D, E-H, I-L, M-P, Q-T, and U-Z.

I have noticed that it's getting a bit cumbersome to search through tabs with that many entries. I'm for separating each of the holidays into their own tabs. Due to the limited breeding window for holidays (and the Val & X-mas CB breed limit), there's a greater demand for other people's holiday lineages compared to regular checkers, so those will be searched through more often imo. In addition, it will make planning in the weeks/months leading up to a holiday a breeze, having all the checkers for that holiday grouped together in a single tab.

Any more opinions? While Tecca has a good point (and there ARE a lot of holiday checkers), sorting out holidays by breed is a bit more labor intensive for me than simply alphabetizing everything and moving big slices, so I'm still ready to go the "less letters per tab route" instead. Open either way, though.

I'd honestly prefer everything in one tab, because that lets me make a single rather than several filter views when I'm looking for my own entries to check if I'm making updates to existing data or adding new checkers. smile.gif

I'd be okay with having the holidays off in their own tabs, mind, that sounds useful.

(Speaking of updates to existing data, you seem to have my 3G c1bBy Radiant Angel x Almandine pairing in there twice. Maybe remove the one with less information (the first of the two rows)?)

Edited by pinkgothic

I'd honestly prefer everything in one tab, because that lets me make a single rather than several filter views when I'm looking for my own entries to check if I'm making updates to existing data or adding new checkers. smile.gif

I'd be okay with having the holidays off in their own tabs, mind, that sounds useful.

(Speaking of updates to existing data, you seem to have my 3G c1bBy Radiant Angel x Almandine pairing in there twice. Maybe remove the one with less information (the first of the two rows)?)

While I understand the sentiment, unfortunately the database is so big now that some people would have trouble loading everything on a single page, ergo the split xd.png

Conversely, though, since not many people commented I'm not going to bother further splitting them at this time. If it becomes a problem, presumably (hopefully!) people will comment here saying so and we can talk about it again then.

(Also, updated that entry, thank you!)

I've written "REMOVE" on the sheet for lines I'd like to be removed (duplicates, mostly). Hope it's clear enough. C:

I've written "REMOVE" on the sheet for lines I'd like to be removed (duplicates, mostly). Hope it's clear enough. C:

Fixed, thank you!

Updated "Bright Pinks" to "Arias" in all entries.

I just added one!

And after searching the database, if I can trade for what I need, I will be adding another one! *fingers crossed*

I think this is a great idea! smile.gif

Hi *waves* Been adding some checkers of mine (not done yet), and hope I did it all right, cuz this is my effort to be more active in trading and helping folks build those cool lineages I like to admire and sometimes try to reproduce biggrin.gif

Will definitely be making use of the database myself - a huge heaping helping of thanks to you, angelicdragonpuppy for putting in the the work to keep it organized & up-to-date - I know I couldn't do it (can't even sort out a personal database . . . ) tongue.gif

Thank you ADP for this Database! I will definitely be using it to fill my scroll with pretty checkers!

I added over 20 of my own checkers that can be requested. Hope someone comes along and likes at least one! happy.gif

The encyclopedia and individual dragons' pages now recognize teimarr as "Black Capped Teimarr Dragon" (and they sort that way).