angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

Not being used to working with documents like this I hope I did it right? I only added one checker as a test. If it's done right I can add more later.

Thanks ADP, good to know biggrin.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

Not being used to working with documents like this I hope I did it right? I only added one checker as a test. If it's done right I can add more later.

Yes, you did it properly biggrin.gif

You can use the owner tab's sorting arrow to remove all your dragons if you want xd.png my own problem is finding people who I think are doing the same checker and realizing I bred one of the parents, haha!

The names I've been using are the encyclopedia ones, and there shimmers are just listed as prize (eastern), which no one uses. While shimmer-scale is the official name on their actual view page, it's hardly used on forum, so I don't really want to change it... especially not since they'll sort in the same spot in the database anyway. Things like gray / storm or dark green / vine would make things much harder to find then people mixing in shimmer / shimmer-scale :3

(I mean it's not a big deal to change, I just don't think it's needed atm)

Oh! How do I use the arrow? Just clicking on it doesn't work. Yeah, I was thrilled a user had a 4th-gen. and then very sad when one of the CB pairs belong to me. D:

There's still a nagging bit of my brain saying shimmers are golden wyverns (I blame their shimmering eggs tongue.gif), but that's just me. And yeah, they'll just sort the same, so no need.

Edited by dirtytabs

Oh! How do I use the arrow? Just clicking on it doesn't work. Yeah, I was thrilled a user had a 4th-gen. and then very sad when one of the CB pairs belong to me. D:

There's still a nagging bit of my brain saying shimmers are golden wyverns (I blame their shimmering eggs tongue.gif), but that's just me. And yeah, they'll just sort the same, so no need.

I'm on a computer, and what I do is click on it, then deselect my own name. You can also work it in reverse when looking for say, a certain breed, by unselecting all options and then just choosing the breed you're looking for.

@Dirtytabs: You did add the Teimarr x Arsani pair, no worries! For whatever reason their encyclopedia name lists them as just "Teimarr," which is what I've been using. By that logic you think Gold-horned Tangars would just be Tangars, but... whatever. e___eU

@Everyone: This is just a general announcement, but please split your dragons by generation yourselves when submitting them. While it wouldn't be a huge deal to do a few myself, I don't want to start a trend of people expecting me to do it, as it would quickly and exponentially increase my work load. >___<

I wish this kind of database had existed years ago! xd.png Then I wouldn't have needed my google site. I added a bit of some common checkers that I like but don't keep track of on my own page. Really want to copy over all my Holiday and Metallic lines but I don't know if I can muster up the energy. D:

On the upside, I found a couple mates for my Holiday dragons through this database already so it's working!

edit: Added 99% of my Trio and Copper checkers, my wrist is sore haha.

Added most of my Golds and Silvers. Phew.

Edited by Terces

I'm on a computer, and what I do is click on it, then deselect my own name. You can also work it in reverse when looking for say, a certain breed, by unselecting all options and then just choosing the breed you're looking for.

When I view the Checker Database, the only options I see are Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A. Click one of those, and it creates a temporary sort format that you can then use to custom-sort a column by virtually any criteria you want.

I almost lost track of this thread! I had it saved in my history, but I cleared my history. Glad I found it. biggrin.gif

Thank you all for making it so easy to keep the database updated! I probably never would've noticed those wayward winters if someone hadn't pointed them out, and it's been a wonderful surprise seeing how easily and quickly people adapted to using the official breed names, awkward as some of them are. Thank you guys for your hard work! biggrin.gif

ADP, is there a format you prefer for updates to a line? Will a note in parentheses suffice?

ADP, did something happen to the database? I just noticed that the G-L and M-R are missing alot.png of entries that were in there before and that your dragons are the only ones listed.

ADP, did something happen to the database? I just noticed that the G-L and M-R are missing alot.png of entries that were in there before and that your dragons are the only ones listed.

I've noticed this happening sometimes too. If you custom-sort a column you'll be able to see everything again; I usually just sort the male breed A-Z so it doesn't really change anything when I'm looking at the page.

But yeah, it'd be good to straighten out so that people don't miss anything that's there. ^.^

Excellent project! I feel stupid for not having seen it earlier. This is a great resource.

I added few to the enter list as well as a short profile.

ADP, is there a format you prefer for updates to a line? Will a note in parentheses suffice?

Honestly as long as you write 'update' in the notes section that's all that's needed--I highlight those entries yellow before I move them to make sure I don't lose track of them xd.png

ADP, did something happen to the database? I just noticed that the G-L and M-R are missing alot.png.png of entries that were in there before and that your dragons are the only ones listed.

I've noticed this happening sometimes too. If you custom-sort a column you'll be able to see everything again; I usually just sort the male breed A-Z so it doesn't really change anything when I'm looking at the page.

But yeah, it'd be good to straighten out so that people don't miss anything that's there. ^.^

Ack, my bad guys! I just got done updating my personal database and was moving all my entries over. I thought I'd turned the filters off after but I guess not. >___< Also, since I'm seeing mixed answers, do you guys see a little down arrow in a box at the top of the header rows (ie where it says 'male,' 'female,' etc)? It lets me sort A-Z or Z-A by clicking it but it also lets me select to view just certain terms to filter for (ie, only Albino in the female row, or only Dirtytabs as owner, or both). Do other people have that option too?

Excellent project! I feel stupid for not having seen it earlier. This is a great resource.

I added few to the enter list as well as a short profile.

Don't feel stupid, it only was created recently after all. Rather consider yourself smart for having seen it so soon! biggrin.gif

Honestly as long as you write 'update' in the notes section that's all that's needed--I highlight those entries yellow before I move them to make sure I don't lose track of them xd.png

I see it's in the FAQ... which was updated in February... I should read that first. Ahaha. unsure.gif

Oh, I wondered about those highlighted ones. And now I can, uh, rest easy.

Also, since I'm seeing mixed answers, do you guys see a little down arrow in a box at the top of the header rows (ie where it says 'male,' 'female,' etc)? It lets me sort A-Z or Z-A by clicking it but it also lets me select to view just certain terms to filter for (ie, only Albino in the female row, or only Dirtytabs as owner, or both). Do other people have that option too?

I say it's easiest to show a screenshot of what I see. Do you mean the faded arrows?

user posted image

Edited by dirtytabs

Yah. For me they aren't faded out though, and I can click them to show more options. Are they faded out for everyone who isn't me? :____;

user posted image

user posted image

The arrows immediately next to the column labels *are* faded for me and unusable.

user posted image

However, if you hover your mouse over the column letter names immediately above the column labels, another drop-down arrow will appear, from which I can select "Sort A-Z/Sort Z-A" from successfully.

Perhaps this is the source of confusion.

EDIT:

(Should probably include example of the sort working.)

user posted image

Edited by Timbre

Timbre's example is also how it works for me. I can only sort using the ABCDEFGH columns at the very top - not the parts like Male Breed/Female Breed/Gen of Offspring/etc. Sorting is by A -> Z or Z -> A.

user posted image

Alright, I figured out how it can work for everyone, but the steps are a little different since you're not me!

First, you go to the Data tab, then select Filter Views --> Create new temporary filter view

user posted image

After that, you'll have arrows for sorting! By clicking on them, you can check or uncheck terms to decide what you want to have appear. You can also have multiple filters at once, for example, both "Black Marrow" as the male breed and "Albino" as the female breed.

user posted image

The above filter in action!

user posted image

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

@ angelicdragonpuppy: Read your note and removed my CB's from the spreatsheet wink.gif

Question: do I have to add an offspring link? is it acceptable to only add parent links? I noticed that it's okay to add offspring and no parents, but did not see anything regarding the reverse.

I don't usually keep the offspring from mine unless I plan on continuing a checker beyond 3g, and I don't want to link to offspring that aren't mine.

Question: do I have to add an offspring link? is it acceptable to only add parent links? I noticed that it's okay to add offspring and no parents, but did not see anything regarding the reverse.

I don't usually keep the offspring from mine unless I plan on continuing a checker beyond 3g, and I don't want to link to offspring that aren't mine.

I'd suggest using the lineage viewer from the AoND's website as an alternative to linking an offspring.

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage

It seems other people are linking to non-personal offspring, I don't think it hurts anything so long as it's an adult which can't accumulate views anyways. If there's no offspring from a couple yet, I've seen people make "TBA" in that spot as well. (Makes sense especially when a pair have proven to not refuse but haven't actually made an egg yet.)

/Sorry for belated response, distracted by new video game!

I'd really prefer an offspring link be added. An offspring link makes the parent links kinda redundant (although they're a nice backup in case something happens to said offspring and the link becomes invalid), but just having the parents linked means it's a two step process to see the full lineage / tell how it'll look and if it's related to any other lines people might have, which is kinda annoying. Daydreamer's suggestion of using the AoND lineage viewer is totally fine, though! Or, perhaps, simply link lineages of dragons you've gifted / traded to people you know won't mind? As Timbre said, I don't think using unowned offspring is an issue as long as they're adults, but if it really concerns you using gifted ones might be an alternative option. Or, again, use the AoND preview. biggrin.gif

/Sorry for belated response, distracted by new video game!

ADP

user posted image