angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

When adding to database: "Red-tailed" (à la "Sunsong" and "Seragamma"), yes?

Who knows, maybe someone has checker plans already.

Finally started adding my stuff (A-B) done... this will take a while.

8 minutes ago, Herk said:

Finally started adding my stuff (A-B) done... this will take a while.

Welcome aboard! :D

btw no need to seperate the different breeds as you add them—it actually makes quite a lot more work for us! X’D

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Welcome aboard! :D

btw no need to seperate the different breeds as you add them—it actually makes quite a lot more work for us! X’D

Sorry Bad habit of mine to not lose my own place while working - I'll delete those markers immediately

Hey, question: can you guys see filters when you use the database, ie ways to just show the Royal Crimson lineages and such? If not, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could add them for people to use? There's filters /I/ can use, I just don't know how to make them public if they're not already so...

30 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Hey, question: can you guys see filters when you use the database, ie ways to just show the Royal Crimson lineages and such? If not, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could add them for people to use? There's filters /I/ can use, I just don't know how to make them public if they're not already so...

It might just me being stupid but I can't filter for anything else than A->Z and vice versa. Tried downloading it to Excel and then it worked fine with breed sorting 😮 (Maybe this feedback will help you?)

I haven't used the filters recently, but I remember filtering by individual users before, so I assume breeds are the same? Click the filter, check/uncheck names, and they ones checked are shown in alphabetical order. (Since I can edit the database, I don't want to try filtering now in case I make a permanent change.)

I see a filter on the Owner column in the S tab right now that I can't seem to be able to remove.

As it happens, it's filtering by Owner Dirtytabs XD (which doesn't help me since Dirtytabs doesn't have an entry for Shadow Walkers with blue Ridgewings ;))

edit: I can "remove" it temporarily by creating my own temporary filter, but that's of course not visible for anyone else.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Damn. I did make a permanent change. XD

There we go, restored. Can you all do temp filters on the tabs?

Edited by Dirtytabs

@Soulsborne hm yah, I was afraid that was all you guys could see. Me and Tabs can, say, choose to hide all pairings but those with male Royal Crimsons, or only lineages by say Terrafreaky, which is very useful for finding things. Would be nice if you guys could do so too. Although what Ruby Eyes is saying sounds like it might be possible...??

You can temp-filter (and sort, I think) using one of the few left-over buttons for read-only access:

image.png.b9db6ac2d27dd45d2240b8dafa7a4bd8.png

43 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You can temp-filter (and sort, I think) using one of the few left-over buttons for read-only access:

image.png.b9db6ac2d27dd45d2240b8dafa7a4bd8.png

That works! I had only tried the usual (Excel style) way of clicking the drop-down menu on top of a column. 🙃

Finally added a bunch of my checkers! :) Also, never figured out that filtering trick before; thanks for the tip.

Well, I was gonna use this to try and find a mate for something, then remembered again that this doesn't include bluewing solstices. Still don't understand why, it's not like we can get bluewing CBs to make a 'perfect'.

I never even knew this was a thing. :blink: I hope it's alright if I bump this thread, didn't see any rules against it in the forum guidelines. But in any case, I went ahead and added my checkers into the database.

Thanks for adding, ya'll :)

@Dirtytabs I haven't been as forum active as I used to be, are you holding up alright with keeping this updated? If not I'll ask around for more helpers!

Added in all of my shiny and rare checkers. ^_^

Really wish I knew about this thread sooner, this is awesome!

Hey guys,

I've come back to this game after a couple of years. I have a few checkered offspring without having the parents - can I still add them to the spreadsheet? I'm definitely interested in continuing them. Also, how do I add them?

Greetings,
Valura

Welcome back, @Valura ! 

Yes, you can add them to the spreadsheet--just put "NEEDED" in the section where you'd normally link to the mate. As for how to add them, on the first page of this thread there's a link to a spreadsheet where you just pop in their info. The formatting is pretty simple and self-evident--just take a peek at the already uploaded ones if you need more examples. :) 

Alternately, you could look in the database to see if you can find any mates to begin with, then upload your checkers once you have the mates. It's up to you!

(Anddddd if you still need a 6g even gen, let me know, I can give you a 6g even Spriter's Alt baby ❤️)

Also @Dirtytabs I just realized you put a bunch of info on formatting and stuff into the submission doc, you really are amazing XD❤️ 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

❤️

FYI everyone, I'm... experimenting... with a thing on the sheets. Carry on as you would. :) :) :)