DragonKami

Strange Things

What are some strange things in you life? Things that happened to you, things people/you do, strange things you have seen, etc.

Just those things that happen that you want to tell people, it doesn't necessarily have to be a all out CRAZY thing (I like typing thing.) It can be something normal for you but may be a tad abnormal for someone else.

And try not to Judge people or anything like that, (I shouldn't have to say that anyways.)

Let me tell you a few of mine to give you an idea of what I mean.

My family is weird, (or should I say.. strange?) We recently got a wireless printer that can scan and all that stuff, and we got a new one, about, a week after. And now we are getting a new one again, I asked my father, "Why are we getting another new printer?" and he answers me "Because, it's running out of ink." And I thinking, "What the heck?" So I say. "But that doesn't make any sense, why get a new printer?" And he replies, "Because the ink costs too much."

See, here's one more thing.

My Older sister has a cat, two of my older brothers have four birds, my younger sister has a fish, my oldest brother has two big dogs (But he doesn't live in the same house, so he doesn't count.) My youngest older brother doesn't have a pet, I have a turtle, and a dog, in which I share with my younger sister who has a fish. (I will soon adopt a cat, with my younger sister.) Now here is my point. The animal food chain is wack over here.

The dog likes the cat, but keeps his distance, because when he comes to close and gets over excited, the cat grabs him with his claws by then neck and just holds him there.

The cat is afraid of the birds, because, when the cat was just a kitten, they (literally) picked on him. The cat is also afraid of my turtle, for no reason, besides that my turtle literally chases him purposely.

The birds ride the dog, and are afraid of nothing, You have the leader (the oldest, like 14 years?) Image, who is really mean. Image is really mean because his old best friend, Shadow the 1st died, and he doesn't trust anyone but his owners and fellow birds. Image's shadow, Shadow the 2nd was taught under Images wing and is kind of just that, a shadow. Angel, a white bird, is the nice one, who get everything she wants. Then the noobie, Sage, he is a young impressionable bird, who copies the other birds songs, annoying them. My turtle is so nice, he listens to hand commands and has never bit anyone or anything. My sisters fish is kinda lazy, he just floats on his side all day, and only gets up for food. (To be honest I think he's sick.)

Turtle:Bullet

Fish:Nebula

Cat:Prince

Dog:Allister

And done. So that's it, let's hear those stories!

Sorry about the length, it doesn't have to be that long.

My family is weird, (or should I say.. strange?) We recently got a wireless printer that can scan and all that stuff, and we got a new one, about, a week after. And now we are getting a new one again, I asked my father, "Why are we getting another new printer?" and he answers me "Because, it's running out of ink." And I thinking, "What the heck?" So I say. "But that doesn't make any sense, why get a new printer?" And he replies, "Because the ink costs too much."

I think it can actually be cheaper to buy a new printer with ink in it rather than buying new ink. Although I don't imagine it would be that useful if you were getting expensive ones, but it might depend what you are doing with the (new)old one. Are you selling it? Are you taking it back and getting a new one with ink? ohmy.gif I can see how that's weird for sure though. Haha tongue.gif

I can't think of anything strange for me at the moment, but I will get back to you when I do. smile.gif

I think it can actually be cheaper to buy a new printer with ink in it rather than buying new ink. Although I don't imagine it would be that useful if you were getting expensive ones, but it might depend what you are doing with the (new)old one. Are you selling it? Are you taking it back and getting a new one with ink? ohmy.gif I can see how that's weird for sure though. Haha tongue.gif

I can't think of anything strange for me at the moment, but I will get back to you when I do. smile.gif

No we're just throwing it away, and yea, we are getting expensive ones. (We print a lot and I mean alot.png) But I'm pretty sure that (In our case) the ink is less expensive.. My father used to work on printers and other things, so I think that's why he is saying that, but I could be wrong.

Edited by DragonKami

I'm extraordinarily lucky (at least I think so). Every scratcher thing I've ever done I've won money. Whenever I bet on horse races I usually win, for example last summer I went to the races, bet a total of $12 throughout the day and came home $50 richer. Yesterday I went to IHOP and they accidentally made me an extra crepe for free. Today I went to Jamba Juice and their systems were down and they were doing everything manually with their item codes and for whatever reason the item code for the drink I ordered was messed up and they couldn't charge me so they let me have it for free. My favorite teacher in college doesn't normally teach classes in the consecutive order students need to take them in but he just so happened to be assigned to do so the four classes I needed to take in that series. There's a lot of other things that have happened that are lucky, I suppose you could count me winning a holly as one.

In any case, I think my luck is abnormal and strange, but awesome biggrin.gif

I'm extraordinarily lucky (at least I think so). Every scratcher thing I've ever done I've won money. Whenever I bet on horse races I usually win, for example last summer I went to the races, bet a total of $12 throughout the day and came home $50 richer. Yesterday I went to IHOP and they accidentally made me an extra crepe for free. Today I went to Jamba Juice and their systems were down and they were doing everything manually with their item codes and for whatever reason the item code for the drink I ordered was messed up and they couldn't charge me so they let me have it for free. My favorite teacher in college doesn't normally teach classes in the consecutive order students need to take them in but he just so happened to be assigned to do so the four classes I needed to take in that series. There's a lot of other things that have happened that are lucky, I suppose you could count me winning a holly as one.

In any case, I think my luck is abnormal and strange, but awesome biggrin.gif

Have you seen the movie Just my Luck?

You need to be careful of kissing unlucky people tongue.gif

But yeah that's strangely awesome that you're so lucky.

I have very scary dreams? I have a (low-key) obsession in the paranormal, although I don't exactly think it's real.

For some reason, when I think about the first cat that I ever owned (his name was Chevy), I can remember him talking to me when I was younger. I remember him telling me things, but I can't recall what kind of things.

The strangest part is I can remember his voice clearly in my head, and it weirds me out a little bit.

you know those colour paint chips you can get from Lowes or Home Depot?? yeah, i have over 500 of those suckers because i collect them (i grab at least 30 each time i go to one of those stores)

This one takes some context explanation first, I think, and it's probably weirder to actually see it happen than to read about it.

We have a sauna, my grandpa built it out in the old barn and it's still useable.

In this sauna, there's one old metal tub where we keep cold water, and next to it is the heater, which has another tub partially on top of the stones - this is to produce hot water to mix in with the cold when you're going to clean yourself.

Now, the thing about the hot water tub is that the water should not get so hot that it starts boiling - if it does you have to add some cold water from the cold water tub next to the heater.

We like to use the sauna especially in winter when it's very cold outside, so the water in the cold water tub is often frozen before you start the fire to heat up the room. There's no drain on that tub and honestly, it's a pain in the behind to have to fill it up every time we want to use it so we just leave it like that.

But once the sauna is a good temperature to use, not all of that frozen water has melted yet, so there's a big block of ice floating in the tub and very little cold water to use for cleaning yourself with.

So mom gets this brilliant idea, that instead of using the precious little cold water that has already melted from the ice block to cool down the hot water tub on the heater, we should just break lose ice pieces from the block instead to drop in the hot water.

So out we go, pick up an old axe and use that to chop away at a big chunk of ice in an old metal tub in the sauna. While buck naked.

Apparently that makes for a pretty funny sight because I once had a friend with me when I did this and she was laughing uncontrollably for several minutes.