TJ09

2016-02-23 - Cafepress Store Closing

Unfortunately, the site can't be designed around the convenience of a minority. The majority of players are interested in more than just new releases and would in fact be seriously inconvenienced as I previously described by an increase in the release rate here. I'm sorry that this means a minority of players feels the release rate is too slow, but my entire point was that it's impossible to please everyone. If we increased the release rate, sure, players like you would be happy - but an equal or larger amount of OTHER players would be just as UNhappy. So for DC where is the benefit of changing the schedule? Best to stick with what's worked fine for them for years longer than most of the other sites have existed.

I also want to point out that your reducto ad absurdum argument doesn't make a lot of sense. No one ever suggested DC slow down or stop releasing new dragons, and if they did, clearly a lot more people would be upset than just collector-only type players. Lineage builders would not have new material for lineage building if releases stopped. I was pointing out that DC has no need to -increase- the speed of releases, which is a very different thing.

Do you have any data that support your arguments like a research that shows that the majority of DC players in numbers are not interested in new releases?

Because without any data to support you then I would say that this is just your personal opinion and it can be wrong.

What I see in the forums is people month after month longing for new releases - there is always a thread to only discuss this - so I think you are wrong and it's not a minority that feels that the releases are too slow.

Do you have any data that support your arguments like a research that shows that the majority of DC players in numbers are not interested in new releases?

Because without any data to support you then I would say that this is just your personal opinion and it can be wrong.

What I see in the forums is people month after month longing for new releases - there is always a thread to only discuss this - so I think you are wrong and it's not a minority that feels that the releases are too slow.

That wasn't quite what Luhrstaap said:

I also want to point out that your reducto ad absurdum argument doesn't make a lot of sense. No one ever suggested DC slow down or stop releasing new dragons, and if they did, clearly a lot more people would be upset than just collector-only type players. Lineage builders would not have new material for lineage building if releases stopped. I was pointing out that DC has no need to -increase- the speed of releases, which is a very different thing.

The NEED to increase the speed is not at all the same as the players' desire for new dragons. The site continues as it stands - if there were an absolute need for more new releases, and there weren't one for ages - it would fall over. It isn't doing. And specifically I don't think more new releases would have made the store work better.

That wasn't quite what Luhrstaap said:

The NEED to increase the speed is not at all the same as the players' desire for new dragons. The site continues as it stands - if there were an absolute need for more new releases, and there weren't one for ages - it would fall over. It isn't doing. And specifically I don't think more new releases would have made the store work better.

To be honest with you, I think that any store that have as a goal to sell merchandise is doomed to fail because it's too expensive to buy a tshirt from overseas with taxes and everything in foreign money. What this site needs is a store that sell DRAGONS. Everybody would be very interested in buy a CB gold or CB shimmer and there is no delivery expenses or taxes.

To be honest with you, I think that any store that have as a goal to sell merchandise is doomed to fail because it's too expensive to buy a tshirt from overseas with taxes and everything in foreign money. What this site needs is a store that sell DRAGONS. Everybody would be very interested in buy a CB gold or CB shimmer and there is no delivery expenses or taxes.

The store idea's been suggested.

As for new releases.... Its been 7 months since the last regular release.... SEVEN months! August for the LHs was the last one. So we do need to have a conversation about releases in September, November, and January, because..... This is just ridiculous. I think 2 regular releases during those 7 months would have really helped maintain interest in the site.

As for the Cafe Press store.... Meh. None of the other games I play have one, so I suspect that the reason they don't is the same reason this failed.

Cheers!

C4.

As for new releases.... Its been 7 months since the last regular release.... SEVEN months! August for the LHs was the last one. So we do need to have a conversation about releases in September, November, and January, because..... This is just ridiculous. I think 2 regular releases during those 7 months would have really helped maintain interest in the site.

Maybe we can have more releases that are smaller, say one breed.

I love new releases, but I find the ones with multiple new breeds to be stressful! I have to wonder if any of the breeds will be rare, or if I should try to collect one of each vs a bunch of one kind and hope I can catch the others later, etc.

I kind of miss the store button at the top of the home page, but I never did buy any merchandise.

Since the merch section is gone, the link to the store is gone, and we're starting to get a little off-topic (although I understand how we got here), I'm going to go ahead and close this announcement post.

While this thread was created with a specific announcement in time, I think it would be okay to turn it into a more general New Release Feedback thread, for those of you interested in discussing this: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153213

Other release suggestions:

Bigger/more releases: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=147602

Release notification: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=162896