Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I would recommend starting on Wed/Thurs of June 29-30 and run it thru Monday July 5th. Again, I know that may seem like a larger span of time than these normally have, but for all the above reasons.. I think it is a better idea this go round... AND it will give us all plenty of time to breed, space it out, and make the AP much more fun to hunt for more than just a few days. I don't see how everyone doesn't win with this combo.

I like this idea. smile.gif

Thanks, Eos for searching for July events!

How about July 3rd - 5th or 4th - 6th with the focus on the 4th? I think this worked well as a one day main event with people who couldn't join in breeding the day before or after before, so I'm happy with that kind of schedule. o3o

I'm down for that! Means a number of kins will be hitting the AP in time to be a slightly early birthday present for me >3>

The 4th sounds good! Starting it on the 3rd and going into the 5th would be perfect imo, since then people can breed a little early or a day late, just in case their 4th is too busy to get around to breeding.

Socks, I like it, but I still think you should have a few day like.... "Pre-Event" so that while it isn't the "official" breeding days, if people have a LOT of dragons they want to breed (which many of us do under the list of "holiday kins") and just in case they are busy with irl stuff, this will still allow their eggs to get put in with the others and not create so much stress on just a few days.

Because if there is a soft/"pre event" date that people can start on, this will mean that while people are "breeding" to the AP, they will also have the ability to "fish" out new eggs from the AP.

Not necessary, but something to consider. Of course, people can always pre-breed anyway on their own. But I'm glad you've nailed down a few dates and whatever you decide I'm ready to join the fun!

(Pre days could be July 1-3rd or something, although if you know something we don't know, just ignore this - not saying that if you don't do this it means a secret conspiracy!! OR DOES IT???)

Edited by natayah

Thanks, Eos for searching for July events!

How about July 3rd - 5th or 4th - 6th with the focus on the 4th? I think this worked well as a one day main event with people who couldn't join in breeding the day before or after before, so I'm happy with that kind of schedule. o3o

No problem! smile.gif

Those dates work for me. I'll be pretty busy during that stretch of days, but I can breed early on the 3rd and still participate. biggrin.gif

Socks, I like it, but I still think you should have a few day like.... "Pre-Event" so that while it isn't the "official" breeding days, if people have a LOT of dragons they want to breed (which many of us do under the list of "holiday kins") and just in case they are busy with irl stuff, this will still allow their eggs to get put in with the others and not create so much stress on just a few days.

-snip-

I'm sorry; I'm just not a fan of week long events. =X I think they're less exciting than shorter events because then the breeding is so spread out it pretty much doesn't wall and no one is breeding at the same time. I like the excitement of reminding each other to breed and fishing things out of the AP when they appear in a nice flow so that people who bred can also pick up nice things. People are definitely welcome to breed before and after the event, but I don't really see it as necessary to have such a long event. </3

~

Updating the OP since I've seen no disagreements with the dates!

This is just for fun anyway. If people miss the date they can still breed their dragons and I'm sure the eggs will be just as well received. Maybe even more so, if some people miss the date to pick up holiday-kin eggs.

I can't wait to join the fun cuz I am now done with the MOST of the exam I will need to have taken and can party party party (well I have to work some too but I can now give myself holiday weekends off.... technically)... Goooooo Fun!! So excited for this event!!

Edited by natayah

I can breed a lot of Gen2/Gen3 Sweetlingkin in particular so I'll try to keep this in mind! It might actually motivate me to take stock of what mates I still need, haha.

Edited by Dimar

A little less than two weeks left! Nearing time that you should save breeding your holidays if you want to participate in this. =)

Oooh, I just finished breeding my kin yesterday, so they should all be ready in time for this. smile.gif

Just finished test breeding all my new pairings so there won't be any refusals this time round. Also means there will be a few kin showing up on the AP soonish.

Awesome!

I would love to join this!

A reminder would be great if you could, thanks~

(Runs off to plan ideas rolleyes.gif )

Reminder: Don't breed your holidays this week!

....'Cause I just bred one before I thought about the date :/

Reminder: Don't breed your holidays this week!

....'Cause I just bred one before I thought about the date :/

Thanks so much for the reminder! Been a little scatterbrained this week with how busy I got with school.

Also, there is a TMB raffle that will cover the July 4th date. We got a donation of a silver shimmer eggy biggrin.gif

I'm looking to wrap up the raffle on July 6th as I wanted to give people doing this one a shot to participate in both.

I'm not going to tell anybody what and/or when to do anything but... did you guys already take in consideration that we could have a new release this weekend?

I'm not going to tell anybody what and/or when to do anything but... did you guys already take in consideration that we could have a new release this weekend?

If there's a release, all the easier to auto-abandon bred eggs if users stay locked. smile.gif They won't go anywhere in the AP and certainly won't die there.