Twilight-Stasis

Strange Things You Don't Like

I searched but couldn't find any threads like this so here we are. Have you ever had something or someone you didn't like for no or for a strange reason? Post it here! I for one don't like at all the sound of nails on fabric, leather, chalkboards... Ect

I don't like it when people are on the left side of me.

If someone is on my right, then most of the time I will be comfortable with someone on my left, but not always.

If I'm with my boyfriend and someone else, it has to be my boyfriend on my right side.

Edited by AppleMango

There are a lot of things I hate, especially due to my autism so I guess I have a reason for it, but still. I hate when my fingers or the palm of my hands are touched or brushed against. I can't even type sometimes because of the way my fingers hit the keys.

I hate when people ask me open ended questions like "How are you?" and get disappointed when I don't respond with a long description of my mood.

And shoes. I hate shoes. I just hate shoes so much. All shoes. Boots are okay.

If someone is on my right, then most of the time I will be comfortable with someone on my left, but not always.

If I'm with my boyfriend and someone else, it has to be my boyfriend on my right side.

Same here! Didn't think anyone else would feel like this.

Same here! Didn't think anyone else would feel like this.

Wow really?

That's crazy. tongue.gif

Honestly, I have had a friend that was the same as this, and when I was walking with him we kept switching sides taking turns being on the left. Hahaha.

I've also had a friend that didn't mind what side they were on, as long as they stayed on that side while you were with them, and another one who liked walking on the closest side to the building.

This makes me think a lot more people have a preferred side, but just aren't as bothered when they don't get to be on it, or think people will think they are weird if they ask to swap sides and would rather be uncomfortable for a bit than be judged. ;/

For some odd reason, I totally HATE eating off of purple dinnerware... My children make fun of me about it and the wife would just get mad...

If I was a guest in someone's home, I just did the best that I could...

I don't like the sound of basketball shoes screeching across the floor.

I don't like beds that are up off the floor. I sleep on a couch or a plain mattress on the floor. If I lay on a bed that's up like that I have to kind of jump to get off it, because I feel like someone under the bed is going to reach out and grab me.

For some odd reason, I totally HATE eating off of purple dinnerware... My children make fun of me about it and the wife would just get mad...

If I was a guest in someone's home, I just did the best that I could...

That is odd.

I'm sorry your wife gets mad at you because of it.

Does it have to be all purple for you to not like it? Or will like a white plate with some purple flowers be bad too? I'm just curious tongue.gif haha

I don't like it when different types of food touch on my plate. Unless I want to mix something together, I don't want it touching at all. (Like, the vegetables can't touch the piece of chicken. If they are they need to be moved right away.)

Edited by aqub

I really hate the sound of someone scratching the surface of those pictures that move when you tilt them back and forth and the sound of coats scrapping against themselves or each other. Just makes my skin skin crawl.

Edited by OmegaNu

Dunno if this counts tongue.gif You know how people stretch their ears, putting large holes in them? I find the holes in peoples chins and noses really strange O_o

I used to have a bigger problem with this in high school. Right side, no problem. Left? Got an issue with that. I still don't like it, it's just that it's not as bad anymore.

I have a burning hatred for bobble heads. I don't know why, I just really cant stand them or what they look like. They've always bothered me and my dislike for them has only grown.

I don't like it when different types of food touch on my plate. Unless I want to mix something together, I don't want it touching at all. (Like, the vegetables can't touch the piece of chicken. If they are they need to be moved right away.)

My dad is the same. I never knew that other people were the same.

I hate when someone touches my skin lightly. If you'really going to pat my arm, fine. But the light, 'barely touching' fingertips on my arms makes my skin crawl.

I don't like it when different types of food touch on my plate. Unless I want to mix something together, I don't want it touching at all.

^ This. I'm much this.

I don't like to sit in the middle tables of a restaurant, classrooms, etc.. I highly (very highly) prefer corners, or walls, and the chair nearest to them if possible. It's ok if I have to be in the middle but I don't really feel comfortable.

I don't feel like that in movie theaters, though.

The thing about walking on the closest side to the building mentioned above counts too, it doesn't bother me when I can't, but I have this preference.

And also when choosing the side of the bed. Always the corner/wall. I hate beds in the middle of the bedroom, when you have empty spaces in both sides >.<

Edited by siberian

I really hate the sound of someone scratching the surface of those pictures that move when you tilt them back and forth and the sound of coats scrapping against themselves or each other. Just makes my skin skin crawl.

Oh man, when I was a little kid I LOVED scratching those plastic holographic pictures. I can't even explain why. I'm sorry to all the people whose skin I made crawl. sad.gif

I really hate the taste of chocolate with peanut butter. Reese's cups gross me out.

The feeling of corduroy pants...the texture of the material makes my skin crawl.

And folding towels and washcloths, for some reason, makes my hands feel dried out. ughhh

The sound of a metal spoon (or fork or whatever) moving against a metal pan. AAAAAAH!

The sound of a metal spoon (or fork or whatever) moving against a metal pan. AAAAAAH!

SA M E

i really hate small phones. i don't know why. i just hate holding them. maybe it's because i have HUUUUUUGE hands

I don't like to sit in the middle tables of a restaurant, classrooms, etc.. I highly (very highly) prefer corners, or walls, and the chair nearest to them if possible. It's ok if I have to be in the middle but I don't really feel comfortable.

I don't feel like that in movie theaters, though.

Same! I always sit at the very end of tables & I feel crowded and uncomfortable when I'm not!

I am totally the same way. Sometimes I'll even get a separate plate if there's too much food and I don't want them to mix. Like if I don't want my chicken to get soggy from the corn juice, or the corn gets mixed with the mashed potatoes, just no. >_<

I hate setting up the dishes. I don't mind doing them at all, but setting them up gets me so angry, I just hate it!

I really hate the sound of whispering, for some reason. like, hate it. it makes my skin crawl and if it goes on for more than a few words I get ridiculously anxious. my friends always get mad at me because I refuse to whisper - I just kind of lower my voice - but I can't really help it! I can't stand it x.x

Oh man, when I was a little kid I LOVED scratching those plastic holographic pictures. I can't even explain why. I'm sorry to all the people whose skin I made crawl. sad.gif

Scratching those is beautiful... but chalkboards, not so much. Rubbing crayons/oil pastels with paper towels/napkins/toilet paper/anything like that kills me in the same way.

Um, I have a ton of extremely specific weird preferences, but I don't feel like listing them all here xd.png

For all the food-can't-touch-each-other people, I completely agree. Even if its a little bit.

I don't like windmills. Not the cute wooden ones, the big metal scary ones. They look like they're up to something.