TJ09

2016-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

This. sad.gif ALL I got was a pink crystal and a feather...no flowers or bucket and NO chance of getting the missed items unlike the part for the 15th where I WAS able to get the statue and little gold and blue dragon that goes along with the pile of berries...not really liking that the part for the 16th won't give me a chance to get the rest of the items needed to finish day 16's part in the story.

Oh no D:

I guess from now on, try every option and make sure to follow instructions to side quests before anything else, from now on :/

On a side note, I got my Radiant Angel! And it's a nice 3g with a lineage I could continue biggrin.gif

Valentine's hunting officially done till next year (except for Sweetlings. I will always be on the lookout for more Sweetlings <333 )

I got to the flowers but didn't have anything to put them in. Now I'm finished with the day and there is no way to backtrack and get them. dry.gif Great.

I went down the path, thinking I could maybe get back and grab the statue, chose the explore up option, climbed the tree, came back diwn and it forced me to make camp and end my day. So I missed the statue yesterday, and everything but the feather today. sad.gif Normally choose your own adventure games let you explore more options before ending things on you. I still had quite a few things to explore, and didn't get to.

The statue, I felt it was rude to go into a dragons home and take something, so I didn't and that's on me. Only now I'm missing 3 items, and that incomplete inventory is really going to bug me at the end. And makes me nervous playing forward, because if I pick wrong again I'll miss even more items. I know you get the badge no matter what, but the possibly forever missing items is going to drive my completion self nuts.

Edited by jocosa

this has been a GREAT valentines wub.gif

tried to breed a few irriplacible lines with mates i already had happy.gif

so far Sir Lady, Mi'Joram, Sterous Lanteis didn't refuse their mates wub.gif

for the event, i have these items

- Beetle

- Pearl

- 6 invitations

- berry's

- little dragon thingy

- empty spot dry.gif

- pink crystal

- feather

- bucket

i dunno what i'm missing, i see posts about flowers, so i guess thats the empty spot

and some rumor mongering, thinking out loud

- i think the dragon pictured with the event is this years Valentine Dragon

- i'm hoping that by shiny things, and the lack of a raffle, that the completion of the even comes with a prize dragon for all of us and which one we qualify for depends on how many items we have wub.gif

Oh no D:

I guess from now on, try every option and make sure to follow instructions to side quests before anything else, from now on :/

On a side note, I got my Radiant Angel! And it's a nice 3g with a lineage I could continue biggrin.gif

Valentine's hunting officially done till next year (except for Sweetlings. I will always be on the lookout for more Sweetlings <333 )

I did.I went down the list in order but as soon as I went to go back after finding the crystal (the brook option didn't give me an item just said that it was iced over along the banks but flowing swiftly in the middle or something along those lines and the only option I was given was to go back to the path and when I went to follow the final option no sign of either empty or full bucket.

Normally choose your own adventure games let you explore more options before ending things on you. I still had quite a few things to explore, and didn't get to.

^^

This is pretty much where I'm at in my thinking...it's what I always LOVED about the series and actually the reason I'd find myself having to buy new copies of the books...read them til the pages started falling out. laugh.gif *FUMES at the memory of the SUCKTASTIC house fire responsible for destroying said books*

Edited by Shin'a'in

My link unfroze and I finally got to the gully. That's it.

I don't know what items I missed by missing a whole day but here's what I got: Berries, dragon, statue, gems, feather, bucket, bucket with flowers. Why can't I leave the gully? I've tried all the options and nothing is working for me.

I already have the beetle, pearl and six invitations from the other day.

Edited by MaskedDeath

i tried clearing my cache and using this link... but i'm still stuck in the loop. i'll pm tj and hope that even if the loop isn't fixed and i miss out on this day, at least i'll somehow be able to do the others!

Same here, I'm still completely stuck and unable to complete today's quest. sad.gif

Edited by Aleoleo

I did.I went down the list in order but as soon as I went to go back after finding the crystal (the brook option didn't give me an item just said that it was iced over along the banks but flowing swiftly in the middle or something along those lines and the only option I was given was to go back to the path and when I went to follow the final option no sign of either empty or full bucket.

Huh, that's weird! This is how I did it. I went to the left for the flowers, was told there was nothing to hold them in, visited the brook and got the bucket, went back, went back to the left, got the flowers, then went on my way. It's really weird that it didn't work if you did it the same way D:

I missed the flower bucket... I hate missing items in events like this, since we can't go back. dry.gif

There are lots of beautiful Sweetling checkers in the AP right now. Just not the alt ones that I am looking for.

Today I have obtained:

Feather

Bucket

Flower bucket

It says something about the heartseekers home, is that the end of the day?

There are lots of beautiful Sweetling checkers in the AP right now. Just not the alt ones that I am looking for.

Aah man, wish I wasn't egglocked. There's always next year! Good luck hunting for alt checkers! biggrin.gif

have to say i have gotten some beautiful eggs out of the AP this year! thanks to those who bred them!

can't wait to see the new dragon adult. the hatchies are adorable and the egg was interesting. thanks infinis!

I missed the flower bucket. I hope I can go back and get the rest of the items, because I am freaking out that I missed one. I was hoping my list was going to be perfect but nope. unsure.gif

I hope this item was not important sad.gif

That Rosebud feather is simply gorgeous! wub.gif

"You set off along the road towards the Heartseeker's home, watching warily as the sun descends over the horizon. It took more time than anticipated to cross the gully, as the mentioned bridge was nowhere to be found, and so you decide to stop and set up camp for the night."

That's the message I have.

The items I have are as follows...

Beetle

Pearl

Scrolls 1-6

Berries

Tiny Dragon

Dragon head statue

Pink Crystal

Rosebud Feather.

sad.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to go back tomorrow and get the flower bucket, I missed that one (serves me for clicking through it too quickly...), but I seem to have everything else. Not to mention the adorable new babies. smile.gif

Happy Valentine's, everyone!

~Feathers

Seriously hoping that the badge is just based upon how many days you play and not how many items one collects (or if it is based on number of items - that there's a margin for error (ex. if there are 20 items - collecting between 18 - 20 gives you this badge, 10 - 17 this badge, etc)

Or that there's a way to get missing items (Somehow missed the statue on day 2) - ah well, no big deal either way, I'm having fun with this and watching the new babies grow smile.gif

Oh those new Valentine hatchlings look so cute I could reach in and squeeze them both. wub.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing how the adults will look. Which probably is going to happen quite soon.

Oh those new Valentine hatchlings look so cute I could reach in and squeeze them both. wub.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing how the adults will look. Which probably is going to happen quite soon.

17 hours from now 'til they grow up. smile.gif

I'm quite impressed the Val wall is still up; wonder if it will last until my next egg hatches? (Almost certainly not!)

oh my!!

i just saw the hatchlings for the first time.

these are adorable!!!!!

i am going to be freezing a whole flock of them next year.

i hope the adult is as cute as this little guy smile.gif

/pokes

17 hours from now 'til they grow up.  smile.gif

I'm quite impressed the Val wall is still up; wonder if it will last until my next egg hatches?  (Almost certainly not!)

Aww yiss, that sounds like soon to me. :3c I always get overly excited about new dragons and this breed isn't an exception either.

I agree about the wall! One day I saw the wall disappear for a while though, and during that time I managed to snatch some low-time eggs that hatched almost instantly, which was awesome too. I'm really glad the wall has stayed for so long.

My two got named CB Merlot and CB Zinfandel, since they're rather wine-colored, at least as hatchlings. I was surprised those names weren't taken.