TJ09

2016-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Wow, those egg sprites are absolutely gorgeous. Already grabbed my two! Can't wait to see what they mature into.

Also enjoying the event for this year. I love 'choose your own adventure' style games. tongue.gif

Aaah, I'm bummed. Since I missed the first day in bed sick, I won't have free spaces in enough time to get doubles of all the old Val dragons sad.gif

I still need another Rosebud, Radiant Angel, and Heartstealing but I'm egglocked till tomorrow :c

D'awwww!~ The hatchies are super cute (even if they look a li'l angry. lol) and kind of remind me of Snapper hatchlings from Flight Rising if one of them went on a diet. XD I like the magenta color even though at the mention of a purple Valentine's I was thinking something closer to the color of Nhiostrifes or Horses. c:

Since I bred all my Valentine's breeds on the 8th, today in the spirit of the holiday I'm going to breed some of my dragons who are references to my favorite fandom ships~ <3 :3

It appears the Heartstealing Dragons have received their alts!

Congratulations to the spriter!

All my heartstealer's have hatched

so I guess I'm SOL for getting an alt this year.

It is really beautiful though.

There's always next year.

Well done.

All my heartstealer's have hatched

so I guess I'm SOL for getting an alt this year.

It is really beautiful though.

There's always next year.

Well done.

It's a spriter's alt

ooops....... xd.png

now I don't feel so bad,

that I don't have one... LOL

Lol! You confused me, I thought they were alts like the vine hatchies, like what?? x) Figured it was a spriter alt at first and now too...

On another note, Cammy gets to breed pretty 2gen Valentines in about an hour.... Hehe

The S2's are pudgy and smol.

congrats infi <3

.. and the Heartstealing alts are cool! Shiny and black/red, they look like they would go well with alt Sweetlings.

Congrats to Aaangs-sister for finally getting the Alts! Just took a year... rolleyes.gif

And congratulation to Odeen and birdzgoboom for also getting their Alts!

Oh, i want to do day 2 for the Valentine event. Breeding is done and now i want to play. biggrin.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Congrats, Infi <3 So happy for you 8D Excited for the adults~

Exciting that aangs, birdz, and Odie all got their alts ^^ Excited to see what lineages y'all make c:

Well, while not necessarily St Valentines, there are a fairly good amount of festivals, albeit old and possibly extinct, that would match the "love" theme. I mean, this is as close to spring equinox as we get, yet there is no reason not to treat St Valentines as a fertility, nature blooming, spring sort of feast which would match with the whole idea of love. Spring is when many animals mate and raise offspring, such as a good number of birds, wolves amongst others. If we started looking at the huge number of cultures around the planet I'm sure we would be able to take out a bunch of ideas completely unrelated to the western culture.

Also, there are all kinds of love, not only romantic love. It's kind of sad, if we think about it, that on the "day of love" only the romantic love is celebrated, while equally important is fraternal love, mother to son-viceversa, friendship, etc. I think the movie Frozen did a pretty good thing with that concept.

As for the whole pink thing, pink used to be a boy color as it was a strong color, related to blood and vigor. Blue was more a female color because it was a softer color. It wasn't until rather recently that this was culturally switched.

I hate pink. xd.png

I'd LOVE to see something based on cultures and old traditions in other parts of the world. Also things like Imbolc or those old fertility rituals too where they jumped over the fire's coals together with a partner to mark a beginning of a new year, good harvest, and good fertility and children born in the next year.

Damn I want to see a BLUE Valentine's dragon. Pleaaaaase? Can we see a blue one? It'd be nice. :< I don't like pink either and I ADORE blue so it'd be nice to see a blue one? Or something WAY more purple...

Anyone know any symbols for the different kinds of love, Agape, Phileo, Storge, and Eros? It'd be nice to use those symbols in the future alongside the traditional hearts and flowers thing? smile.gif

Anyways love the cute new dragons and the EGGS are GORGEOUS OMG. I can't wait to see what they look like as adults. biggrin.gif Thank you Infinis for such a lovely dragon and TJ09 and all you spriters too for a WONDERFUL event so far! <3

Given that Lunar New Year is usually around this date (and this year it's on the SAME DAY), we could have one with a Lunar New Year twist.

I like the hatchlings, but I have to say, if that's supposed to be purple it doesn't look -remotely- so on my monitor. More like red and magenta-pink.

I like the hatchlings, but I have to say, if that's supposed to be purple it doesn't look -remotely- so on my monitor. More like red and magenta-pink.

It's not purple, it's red velvet chocolate. I seriously don't get it why some people were saying that the dragon is purple, it's clearly a dark red with pink details.

Edited by danicast

Happy to see a pudgy hatchie. Here's hoping the adult is ... substantial.

It's not purple, it's red velvet chocolate. I seriously don't get it why some people were saying that the dragon is purple, it's clearly a dark red with pink details.

I think it depends on the monitors/settings that some people have, because they look pinker on my phone than they do on my laptop.

Just bred all the rest of my valentines, including some intentionally messy ones where I didn't have mates yet xd.png Here's hoping the wall lasts in to tomorrow because I have two more slots opening up overnight and I love VDay Dragons!

I'm not having much luck grabbing this year. Hope the wall lasts some. Didn't find many of the things on my list, including a couple I was hoping to get for Raindear. Ah well.

I think it depends on the monitors/settings that some people have, because they look pinker on my phone than they do on my laptop.

Yeah, they look magenta and pink in my phone. But definitely not purple.

I deem these new Valentine hatchlings officially adorable. smile.gif