TJ09

2016-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

umm i didn't mean the dragons, i meant this years valentine event, where you go help a dragon find a pearl? all i have is the bug and pearl with 6 scrolls, and i can't go back to check if i missed anything from the choices i didn't take..

That's all anyone has at the moment.Got to wait until the 15th to get the next set of options ect. if I'm not mistaken.smile.gif

Happy Valentine's Day!

So the gendered male hatchlings (Yeah for following the pattern!) are promising.

But i am disappointed that we still don't have a Drake event breed or another Pygmy even breed or our first Two-headed event breed... sad.gif

And please people only because there are not breeding options en masse is not a reason against non-standard breeds for event dragons. Then we just need more lovely for example Drakes like the gorgeous Day and Night Glory Drakes.

Can you imagine a pinkish breed with a Day Glory Drake? wub.gif

Hmmm the hatchies look kind of cool, but now I'm trying to think of what to expect from the adults. Rolling to the side and switching between friendly and unfriendly really does sound tsundere xd.png

Another big thanks to TJ and the spriters/game developers, 'cause this is all lovely so far! biggrin.gif

Rolling to the side and switching between friendly and unfriendly really does sound tsundere xd.png

Well, at least they're not yandere. xd.png A Yandere Valentine's dragon is a scary (but amusing) thought.

I have finished breeding all of my Valentine dragons, I think. I wish I had started just a little earlier so I would have had room to keep one more. I kept trying to find something in the AP the first day instead of starting to breed mine. I never did find anything and just ended up losing precious time. Oh well!

Anyway, I am happily egg locked, but do hope the Valentine wall lasts until after my next egg hatches tomorrow. Doubtful, since the wall has not been steady throughout the breeding time.

Thanks again to TJ and Infinis for the new dragon and to all the spriters and writers and other creative souls who made the event possible. biggrin.gif

I'm enjoying the event so far, I have to complete today's task. I've also grabbed my two Valentine's eggs. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Thank you TJ, spriters, and writers for the new dragons and event!

That's all anyone has at the moment.Got to wait until the 15th to get the next set of options ect. if I'm not mistaken.smile.gif

That doesn't make any sense to me... isn't the valentines day event over at midnight tonight?!

That doesn't make any sense to me... isn't the valentines day event over at midnight tonight?!

The first post states there are seven stories with a new one being unlocked each day, so there are at least seven days to the event. ^^

According to the calendar, yes. That doesn't make any sense.

According to the calendar, yes. That doesn't make any sense.

Are you reading the calendar right? Past VDay breeding ends tonight.

There ARE alternative festivals that work for December. But - well, Valentine's is Valentine's and nothing else. And - red and pink are pretty much the only colours you ever see on val cards and the rest (though black and red is always nice.) Anyone EVER see a blue one, or green ? I don't think so. It ties in - really - with the colour of a heart - which is red IRL, and that carries over. That's why red has always been the colour of LURVE - and extrapolated to include pink as girls are supposed to like it.

They look purplish enough to be a bit different anyway. I shall love them whatever they are. Unless they look like that one dragon I really don't like. Only one. Aren't I lucky !

Well, while not necessarily St Valentines, there are a fairly good amount of festivals, albeit old and possibly extinct, that would match the "love" theme. I mean, this is as close to spring equinox as we get, yet there is no reason not to treat St Valentines as a fertility, nature blooming, spring sort of feast which would match with the whole idea of love. Spring is when many animals mate and raise offspring, such as a good number of birds, wolves amongst others. If we started looking at the huge number of cultures around the planet I'm sure we would be able to take out a bunch of ideas completely unrelated to the western culture.

Also, there are all kinds of love, not only romantic love. It's kind of sad, if we think about it, that on the "day of love" only the romantic love is celebrated, while equally important is fraternal love, mother to son-viceversa, friendship, etc. I think the movie Frozen did a pretty good thing with that concept.

As for the whole pink thing, pink used to be a boy color as it was a strong color, related to blood and vigor. Blue was more a female color because it was a softer color. It wasn't until rather recently that this was culturally switched.

I hate pink. xd.png

Hmm. The descriptions for the new hatchlings. Solitary one minute, friendly the next.

Kinda sounds like me. I think I'm going to like these new dragons. Can't wait to see the adults. Judging by the appearance of the egg and hatchling sprites, they're going to look amazing. Great job, spriters, as usual.

Valentine breeding ends tonight. But the Valentine event -- the little adventure story -- goes on. It lasts for 7 days and today was the first day of the event.

I just realized for the valentines event? The marks on the inventations sort of look like the markings on the old valentines eggs.

It appears the Heartstealing Dragons have received their alts!

Congratulations to the spriter!

Edited by The_Bucket

smile.gif

hope y'all are having a wonderful Valentine's Day ....

thanks to TJ and all involved for making this day special

has anyone noticed that the dragon shown for the event is also purple ???? hmmm

Time to wait for day 2.

And finish drawing the Radiant Angel.

(Hey TJ, when will we ever get another golden valentine dragon?)

It appears the Heartstealing Dragons have received their alts!

Congratulations to the spriter!

That's cute, it looks like licorice!

Hmm. The descriptions for the new hatchlings. Solitary one minute, friendly the next.

Could it be an introvert dragon? I hope so! Its face looks like my Back off right now! expression.

The color scheme is unexpected, I'm quite curious to see the result.