Leaf_Blaziken

Cheeseology

Are you eating cheese while viewing this post?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have returned from a day trip to a nearby village! Now, some notes:

-The Mascarpone Goldfinch is definitely predatory, as our good Professor PootisLooti mentioned. Not only will it prey on local hatchlings, but it will also "supplement" with rats, raccoons, opossums, and the occasional kangaroo. (I spoke to a local ornithologist about the goldfinch, and managed to verify this myself. Drawings are forthcoming.)

-The Cheese dragon does not seem to be able to resist a flying treat. I tossed a couple of pieces of toast to my Cheese, Cheesey McTwist, and it went for every single one. Even the piece I had put asparagus and sauerkraut on.

Extra Notes: I noticed something underneath the wing of my Cheese. It looks almost like a failed bud of a wing. Could they have once been double-winged? Do others see this as well? It will look like a protruding, dulled wing bone.

Edited by CafeNaRigara

Enroll Me At CO

Scroll Name:Dragoncat71

Forum Name:Dragoncat71

How many Cheeses do you own?:1 frozen, 1 waiting to grow.

Will you give free cheese eggs to people who want them?: If cheeses ever become extremely common, yes. Until then, no.

Are you ok with made-up research?:Yep.

Special Word:Cheezzy

Edited by Dragoncat71

I have returned from a day trip to a nearby village! Now, some notes:

-The Mascarpone Goldfinch is definitely predatory, as our good Professor PootisLooti mentioned. Not only will it prey on local hatchlings, but it will also "supplement" with rats, raccoons, opossums, and the occasional kangaroo. (I spoke to a local ornithologist about the goldfinch, and managed to verify this myself. Drawings are forthcoming.)

-The Cheese dragon does not seem to be able to resist a flying treat. I tossed a couple of pieces of toast to my Cheese, Cheesey McTwist, and it went for every single one. Even the piece I had put asparagus and sauerkraut on.

Extra Notes: I noticed something underneath the wing of my Cheese. It looks almost like a failed bud of a wing. Could they have once been double-winged? Do others see this as well? It will look like a protruding, dulled wing bone.

Dear Professor CNR,

I have a but a few things to bring up. First off, was the Ornithologist one who went by the name Vengim Ganaka? If so, he is a dear friend of mine. However, I don't contact him much. I wasn't even sure if the old twitcher was still alive.

My second note. I saw somewhat of a remnant of a bud under my Dragon's wing. This may be a failed development at producing offspring. I think we need to check on some older Cheese Dragons, as this may be some type of natural selection. I will attempt to contact people who have had Cheese Dragons for a while who could help with the study.

Finally, I would like to say that I tested my Cheese Dragons on catching fish. They prefer being thrown fish then catching it themselves. While this may be a personal behavior, I believe that it has more to do with a natural act of wanting to be pampered.

Thank you.

Edited by PootisLooti

Dear Professor CNR,

I have a but a few things to bring up. First off, was the Ornithologist one who went by the name Vengim Ganaka? If so, he is a dear friend of mine. However, I don't contact him much. I wasn't even sure if the old twitched was still alive.

My second note. I saw somewhat of a remnant of a bud under my Dragon's wing. This may be a failed development at producing offspring. I think we need to check on some older Cheese Dragons, as this may be some type of natural selection. I will attempt to contact people who have had Cheese Dragons for a while who could help with the study.

Finnally, I would like to say that I tested my Cheese Dragons on catching fish. They prefer being thrown fish then catching it themselves. While this may be a personal behavior, I believe that it has more to do with a natural act of wanting to be pampered.

Thank you.

Let me try to remember... It'll come to me.

Possible... very possible. It would explain a few things, including why my Cheese loves playing with the hatchlings. Of course, if it is a failed offspring, it could be on every Cheese, just like a second pair of wings. But more research will shed better light. The bud appears to be the end of a wing bone, simply by appearance, but budding to create offspring in other creatures makes all different kinds of shapes, so we simply cannot tell without more data. I am leaning toward a failed offspring, though, unless I find a reason for two wing sets.

As to your test of throwing fish: I happened to have a barrel of fish on the porch and tested your experiment.

-Cheesey McTwist was able to easily catch the fish out of the air, and seemed to prefer that.

-Putting fish on the floor resulted in McTwist snubbing the fish.

-In addition, McTwist has never touched the barrel of fish. He loves to swim, though he will avoid any fish in the water.

An ancestral revulsion of fish? A natural behavior? I am unsure. Perhaps others can replicate this and let us know what they find.

Side Note: Some of my tosses nearly reached the main supporting beam in my house. McTwist is, approximately, half a meter tall. My main supporting beam is about three meters above the floor. The only dragons I can think of, offhand, that have this kind of jump ratio (about five to six times the dragon's height) is the Canopy or the Bluna (and, still, the Bluna starts quite a ways beneath the water's surface). Any thoughts or results from your own Cheese?

Ah, the ornithologist's name was indeed Vengim! He is getting very old and is training an apprentice named Calvin Drogan.

Let me try to remember... It'll come to me.

Possible... very possible. It would explain a few things, including why my Cheese loves playing with the hatchlings. Of course, if it is a failed offspring, it could be on every Cheese, just like a second pair of wings. But more research will shed better light. The bud appears to be the end of a wing bone, simply by appearance, but budding to create offspring in other creatures makes all different kinds of shapes, so we simply cannot tell without more data. I am leaning toward a failed offspring, though, unless I find a reason for two wing sets.

As to your test of throwing fish: I happened to have a barrel of fish on the porch and tested your experiment.

-Cheesey McTwist was able to easily catch the fish out of the air, and seemed to prefer that.

-Putting fish on the floor resulted in McTwist snubbing the fish.

-In addition, McTwist has never touched the barrel of fish. He loves to swim, though he will avoid any fish in the water.

An ancestral revulsion of fish? A natural behavior? I am unsure. Perhaps others can replicate this and let us know what they find.

Side Note: Some of my tosses nearly reached the main supporting beam in my house. McTwist is, approximately, half a meter tall. My main supporting beam is about three meters above the floor. The only dragons I can think of, offhand, that have this kind of jump ratio (about five to six times the dragon's height) is the Canopy or the Bluna (and, still, the Bluna starts quite a ways beneath the water's surface). Any thoughts or results from your own Cheese?

Ah, the ornithologist's name was indeed Vengim! He is getting very old and is training an apprentice named Calvin Drogan.

As with the failed offspring, could cheese dragons could've make cheese eggs by those buds?

As with the failed offspring, could cheese dragons could've make cheese eggs by those buds?

If it is about offspring, that would fit very well...

If it is about offspring, that would fit very well...

Oor maybe those buds are wings that have been attached and have fallen off long time ago.

Oor maybe those buds are wings that have been attached and have fallen off long time ago.

If so, the question is what made them fall off?

I wonder if the other students have any ideas.

If so, the question is what made them fall off?

I wonder if the other students have any ideas.

I believe that they fell off due to weather changes or natural selection preferred the buds rather than the wings, but that's just me.

I used Dizepam to make my Cheese Dragon fall asleep. I sampled (I didn't eat it) a cheese bit from under its armpit. I ran it under a DNA scanner and it did have a slight gamete trace. However, it also displayed that a vestigial wing structure did reside there. If I can get an assistant to come over, we can figure what exactly caused it. Edited by PootisLooti

I used Dizepam to make my Cheese Dragon fall asleep. I sampled (I didn't eat it) a cheese bit from under its armpit. I ran it under a DNA scanner and it did have a slight gamete trace. However, it also displayed that a vestigial wing structure did reside there. If I can get an assistant to come over, we can figure what exactly caused it.

I'll help with your wing experiment

Dragoncat71 picked up the cheese hatchlings that I messaged her about, so now she has a little cheese.

Edited to add: I just messaged a link to sun_critter for a cheese egg.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Alright, I'm here. I don't have my own cheese but I brought wild specimens.

The wild hatchlings are...bigger...than....I thought they would be. The adult from the forest does indeed have these vestigial wings, but the one from the coast doesn't. I'm not exactly sure how (or why) they got into the coast, but they did anyhow.

So now I have one assistant and another professor helping me. Please report your findings to me. My pygmies are ready to find you and collect samples.

It looks like right now, all the members either have a cheese, or have a message with a link to a cheese egg.

If anybody needs to observe a cheese egg to help with the dragonopedia, there is 1 cheese egg currently on my scroll. It won't be there long.

It is spoken for, as we have someone with none waiting to get into the group.

------------------

Please don't message me to ask for a cheese, as my PM box is pretty full. I will offer them as they become available to me to those in the group who need them.

Edited by PrincessLucy

@PrincessLucy Are you helping with the research? We still need information on Malcarpone Goldfinches and the bud underneath a Chesese's wing.

@PrincessLucy Are you helping with the research? We still need information on Malcarpone Goldfinches and the bud underneath a Chesese's wing.

Not really. I would much rather gift the cheese.

After you Enroll...

1. You start giving or studying cheese dragons!

I already have 30 of my own, so gifting seems to make sense.

-snippity-... We still need information on Malcarpone Goldfinches and the bud underneath a Chesese's wing.

On closer inspection of this bud, the hatchlings I have do have them, but closer to the head. As of yet, we do not know what it's for...Further investigation is needed.

Edited by Dragoncat71

Enroll Me At CO

ScrollNameArachneR

FourmNameArachne

How many Cheeses do you own?5

Will you give free cheese eggs to people who want them?Of Course the better to spread the Cheese

Are you ok with made-up research? Of Course, isn't most of it?

Special WordCheezzy

Enroll Me At CO

ScrollName PhoeniXXTalon

FourmName PhoeniXXTalon

How many Cheeses do you own? 2

Will you give free cheese eggs to people who want them? No, but only because they are very very hard to find and the two I have I stumbled upon while looking for other dragons. Plus I wouldn't be able to let go of CHEESEY WEEZEY EPICNESS >:U

Are you ok with made-up research? Yes >:D

Special Word Cheezzy

In a letter from Headmaster LeafBlaziken, I'm temporarily taking over the class for a few short days.

No changes shall be made. I'm simply here to help.

Arachne and PhoeniXXTalon have been added as students. Thank you for enrolling.

Our current research is on the bud under a Cheese's wing and Malcarpone Goldfinches behavior relating to Cheese Dragons.

Just to note, Sun_Critter has claimed her cheese egg. I've told her about it. Thanks

Thank you.

As soon as I noticed it gone, I went hunting and caught the cheese egg that I posted a few posts up.

----------------------------------------

Anybody need some cheese for research? It sure looks yummy cute.

http://dragcave.net/teleport/5bfb5ae2c300c...eaa91a9a233cb46

claimed

Edited by PrincessLucy

Ahhh crap, just missed a cheese in the cave. My parents heard me yelling "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" and were like "Sweetie stop playing the game if it makes u mad" im like "no way sheesh" It's funny because that cheese egg was in the exact same spot as my youngest cheese dragon, Cheeselandia. Anyway, thank you for welcoming me :3