LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I don't follow Pokemon as much anymore, but I actually hope the theme isn't based around Hawaii, mostly because I'm sure it'd be 'modern' Hawaii and not 'pre-settlement'. The islands looked so much more amazing before half of it was cleared for tourism/driven to extinction =p

A pokemon based off the O'o would be great though.

user posted image

(also, how can there be no toucan or hummingbird species yet. Get it together GameFreak, seesh)

So a friend had an interesting theory/hope. Because we can transfer our pokemon from the Virtual Red/Blue/Yellow games through bank, that maybe Sun and Moon will be going back to Kanto. Or, since its the 20th year, we could be going back everywhere (Kanto, Johto, etc) I think I'd like that, even if its not for badges, but just to revisit the places from previous years.

The only thing I'd really like to see is Poison finally getting a legendary xd.png Not including Arceus tongue.gif That, and I'd like some new horse or deer Pokemon, or really just more mythology based things. I would love to see a Pokemon based on a Kelpie!

The only thing I'd really like to see is Poison finally getting a legendary xd.png Not including Arceus tongue.gif That, and I'd like some new horse or deer Pokemon, or really just more mythology based things. I would love to see a Pokemon based on a Kelpie!

Agreed. It'd be a nice clash if the two themed legends were fairy and poison type. Perhaps the poison would also be part dragon which would make an interesting even clash between the two.

I'd also like to see pokemon based of critters they've never tried before. It's one of the reasons why Buisel was one of my favorite sinnoh pokemon. still convinced he's more otter than weasel

It's one of the reasons why Buisel was one of my favorite sinnoh pokemon. still convinced he's more otter than weasel

Yes Buizel is totally an otter. Though to be fair otters and weasels are in the same family. Very closely related.

Yah I'd love to see a poison legendary. That and any other not as represented types for legends.

I feel like the types for the box legendaries assuming that there will be those, will be fire (for Sun's legendary) and dark (for Moon's legendary) or some dual type with those in it.

Fire is well represented for legendaries, but I think dark is only covered by Yveltal and Darkrai? (Who technically is a mythical pokemon, not legendary if you want to get real technical)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I got an idea for what the third game could be called: Eclipse. It'd have some cool dual-typed legendary, probably. rolleyes.gif

Lady_Nightfox, don't forget Hoopa (although it's actually a mythical).

I would like to see a bird with the Poison-type as its secondary type, Zubat and its evolutions are the only Poison/Flying type so far.

I wonder if they'll make a director's cut version for Sun/Moon, it was noticeably absent for X and Y.

Yah I'd love to see a poison legendary. That and any other not as represented types for legends.

Fire is well represented for legendaries, but I think dark is only covered by Yveltal and Darkrai? (Who technically is a mythical pokemon, not legendary if you want to get real technical)

I think another fire legend would be overkill (including mythicals, every gen has a fire legend) but I'd definitely like more dark legends. And ghosts, Pokemon always needs more ghosts. xd.png

Speaking of legendary types, do you think they'll use the old Fire-Ice-Electric again or something different like Sinnoh's Water-Steel-Dark?

Speaking of legendary types, do you think they'll use the old Fire-Ice-Electric again or something different like Sinnoh's Water-Steel-Dark?

I think you mean water-steel-ghost (Giratina was ghost not dark).

We definitely need a poison legendary, another fairy one and hopefully another fighting one.

But, I'm hoping we don't have too many legendary and/ or mythical pokemon this gen, I feel like we have too many redundant ones as is.

You know the only type that has not appeared in the legendary types is Poison? I think a poison type legendary Pokémon is overdue

So apparently these games are going to have at least 10 new pokemon. You know. Because that wasn't clear yet xd.png it's official now though, said by Masuda himself according to Serebii.

Also this news is a few days old by now, but shhh xd.png

I think we'll take any news at this point xd.png

What sort of starters are you guys hoping for? Dolphin seems to be a popular request, so I'd totally love a Dolphin starter.

I'm gonna agree with the dolphin thing.

Maybe a hummingbird? Or at least I feel there's ought to be a bird of some sort in the starter choice.

As long as it's not a fire/fighting again than I don't really care too much.

I think a poison legendary would be great, don't think it'd be a box legend though.

I kind of liked that X/Y only had the three main legends and then just the three mythicals instead of the five thousand introduced in black/white/diamond/pearl haha.

I like the idea of Eclipse being the third game!

(If they're even going to do those anymore.... RIP Pokemon Z version....)

After three gens in a row with the fire/fighting starters, I'd like to see something different. Maybe have our first fairy, Dragon or ghost type starters? Maybe fire/fairy, grass/dragon and water/ghost? Just something different from the usual.

Then again, knowing Nintendo, they'd probably go the fire/fighting route again just to annoy people.

I think we'll take any news at this point xd.png

What sort of starters are you guys hoping for? Dolphin seems to be a popular request, so I'd totally love a Dolphin starter.

Dolphin would be awesome, yes. I'd also got for another starter that gains either a dragonlike appearance or becomes part dragon. I just want the choice to be hard when I go to pick. The last two times were pretty easy, especially with gen 6. I always wanted female fennikin.

Maybe one of the new starters could be wolf-like? That'd be cool.

Um...I know everyone doesn't want to see another Fire/Fighitng type as a starter, and I know Gen 6 had fire/psychic so maybe a Fire/bug is in order? The concept would be cool, but that's just my own opinion, I don't care what they do as long as they don't do fire/fighting

Um...I know everyone doesn't want to see another Fire/Fighitng type as a starter, and I know Gen 6 had fire/psychic so maybe a Fire/bug is in order? The concept would be cool, but that's just my own opinion, I don't care what they do as long as they don't do fire/fighting

I agree. We've already had two and the fire/bug combo with Larvesta and its evolved form was pretty sweet. I wouldn't argue with a fire bug. smile.gif

What about Fire/Fairy or Fire/Poison? Maybe Fire/Electric?

Okay, now you're just trying to get me hyped. lol. Those sound awesome.

I'm not to keen on fairy types. Dedenne was huge disappointment to me. Sure it looks cute, but it can only learn one fairy type move. The same applies for Emboar. It can only learn one fighting type move so it was a huge let down