LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

It wouldn't matter because TM's don't disappear now. The only thing that makes them different is the HM moves can't be unlearned except for the Move Forgetter

It wouldn't matter because TM's don't disappear now. The only thing that makes them different is the HM moves can't be unlearned except for the Move Forgetter

And this ismwhy I'm glad there's no HMs. I don't need to have Cut take up a move slot until the 8th town!

Not sure if I just missed it or not, but is it confirmed WonderTrade will be back?

I don't remember anything confirming it will be back, but it would seem highly unlikely for them to remove a feature like that. There would really be no reason to remove it, right? But then again, it's the pokémon company, their decision don't always make the most of sense.

I'm disappointed that it looks like we won't get any new megas. I wanted my mega Hydreigon.

And Flygon, but who knows, they may yet surprise us.

Sun and Moon are available for predownload in the eshop, so if you can't get a cartridge, you don't have to spend hours waiting for it to load the day it's released!! Getting a physical cartridge was never really an option for me so I'm very excited.

I bought it like 10 hours ago and it's still only at 19%, so I would definitely recommend getting on that as soon as possible. I just hope people don't find a way to datamine this too.

I found out yesterday that my local GameStop is having a Midnight release for the games and I asked my dad if he could drive me up there. I've never been to a midnight release before for anything! I'm feeling really excited. biggrin.gif

Should I get there early or since I've already fully paid for my copy will it be no big deal?

I found out yesterday that my local GameStop is having a Midnight release for the games and I asked my dad if he could drive me up there. I've never been to a midnight release before for anything! I'm feeling really excited. biggrin.gif

Should I get there early or since I've already fully paid for my copy will it be no big deal?

If you get there early, you can get a spot in line so that you can get your game sooner (once midnight rolls around). I used to work at Gamestop for several years and it was always much easier when people got there early. Usually they want you to come at like, 7pm to get your ticket for the line, and then at midnight they let you into the store according to your ticket to get your copy. Anyone who doesn't have a ticket waits until everyone else is done.

Anyone got their Sun/Moon teams planned out yet? Here's mine so far!

Decidueye

Silvally

Kommo-o

Ribombee

Alolan Ninetales/Sandslash (havent decided on one yet)

??

I can't decide on the 6th member yet. I feel like I should pick Lycanroc but im getting Moon and I just cant bring myself to like its Moon form much. Maybe training one will change my mind though (I mean it worked for me in the past with pokemon like Weavile and Dragonite so)

five pyukumuku and a mimikyu

I think I'm just going to catch and use things I like as the game goes on. We've only seen like a couple dozen pokes (outside of leaks) and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like some of the others better than these ones.

I'm going with:

Solgaleo... when I get it. (/Flareon)

Lycanroc (Day)

Mudsdale (/Umbreon/HA Espeon)

Kommo-o

Silvally

Alolan Ninetales

Yes, I khow the Eeveelutions aren't Alolan origin. But they're my only confirmed-back-for-Alola favourites, so...

I'm choosing Rowlet and getting a Sun cartridge from GameStop the day it's released. biggrin.gif SO HYPED!

If you get there early, you can get a spot in line so that you can get your game sooner (once midnight rolls around). I used to work at Gamestop for several years and it was always much easier when people got there early. Usually they want you to come at like, 7pm to get your ticket for the line, and then at midnight they let you into the store according to your ticket to get your copy. Anyone who doesn't have a ticket waits until everyone else is done.

That would definitely make it easier especially since I have to leave early the next day to go out of town. Thanks! ^^

early copies are getting out and a moon cartridge in particular is being dumped.. ya'll watch for spoilers 👀

Usually they want you to come at like, 7pm to get your ticket for the line, and then at midnight they let you into the store according to your ticket to get your copy. Anyone who doesn't have a ticket waits until everyone else is done.

I wish the GameStop that I frequent was doing a midnight release, but the mall will not allow them to do so. Regardless, I am very much looking forward to getting my copy of Pokemon Sun!

Preordered Moon a couple of months back and I'm just waiting for the message to pick it up!

(I still have one more exam paper to finish after its release, though.)

You guys are all so lucky. If the last 2 main game releases are anything to go by, I probably won't get mine until next April :|

In the UK, it's only another week or two! *dances* My boyfriend pre-ordered two copies a while back, and then wednesday after next is when we get to pick them up! biggrin.gif

Does it come out on different days in different countries? When's it coming out where you guys are?

In the US at least it comes out the 18th!

Im getting both Sun and Moon because i'm that hyped! Moon will be my main game though and Sun i'll use for replays or whatever else xd.png

Lol, I probably won't get my games for quite a while. I really want to play, but my problem is my eyesight has already gone bad from playing so many video games/being on the computer growing up. I wouldn't want to make it worse, not until I can get eye surgery at least. I know I'll end up playing eventually, but I've got to save up money first.

Well, it seems like the Tapus, Legends and UBs are shiny locked. Source.

From the same twitter, you can tell you have a shiny starter from the nickname screen. It'll still take over 2 minutes to SR for, but at least you won't have to look at its summary.

Corocoro also leaked: http://serebii.net/

what is the fascination with shiny locking? all it really is is an annoyance.

Edited by Infinis

I've played every single generation of Pokemon and I'll keep playing it too smile.gif I look forward to this game. My only qualms are that I really hope they change up the story line... Playing the same recycled plot will get too boring. Perhaps they'll have something like all the secret stories in Crystal and the original Silver. Or maybe something more like yellow?

Anything but the whole "good versus evil" thing and "capture the legendaries to destroy the world"! I hope they shake it up a bit and give us a higher quality, even surprising plot. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to sympathize with the baddies and have some feels for destroying them?

Then again, they're gearing this to loop in new pokemon fans too. Perhaps I shouldn't expect something spontaneous, huh?

I'm loving these ultra beasts!! They just look wonderfully otherworldly and alien. I really, really hope we can capture them (even if it's one of those one-per-team deals); I know they've already been established as "not Pokemon" but they're so good.

Edit: on further inspection, I think the one on the right is based on Princess Kaguya? With the bamboo motifs and humanoid figure with skirts in the middle.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day