LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

My friend who really loves Pokemon ran up to me today and told me these were confirmed! They sound really cool!

You know which legendary that I thinks need some sort of love. Ho-Oh. It's the only major legendary Pokémon that has not starred in a movie, the one Pokemon movie with Lucario does not count as it was Mew

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

You know which legendary that I thinks need some sort of love. Ho-Oh. It's the only major legendary Pokémon that has not starred in a movie, the one Pokemon movie with Lucario does not count as it was Mew

This seems like the generation for a Mega Ho-Oh and Mega Lugia.

This seems like the generation for a Mega Ho-Oh and Mega Lugia.

I couldn't agree with this more.

The only gens they haven't done much with lately are 2 and 4, and 2 is much older along with having been skipped as far as Mega legends go (Mewtwo, Hoenn legends, but no Johto legends). Maybe Sun/Moon focuses on Johto in some way and the next game will focus on Sinnoh?

Can't wait. I am going to start save my money.

Some stores already began taking pre-orders.

I am not sure which i will get.

I'm so excited to see the wild mass guessing at new Pokemon and then the reveals of what new Pokemon there will be, it's gonna be a great time.

Though I may actually avoid that this time around so I can be surprised by all the new critters.

But I don't know if I'll be able to resist checking out stuff as it gets revealed...

I definitely think that we'll be getting more megas in the future, and I would totally agree with Ho-oh and Lugia getting megas, or maybe something along the Primals (it would have to fit their story though) I'm very excited, however, to see what our new legends are gonna look like. That's what I want to see.

Hey, that little guy kinda reminds me of the Red-capped Woodpecker.

Edit: Nevermind, it just has a broad double-split tail.

China theme confirmed? Oh...?

I can't think of what Sun and Moon has to really do with most of the myths from what I know, though. A 9-bird legendary and a frog/bunny legendary? They already did Yin and Yang. Celestial rooster, maybe?

I expect a chinese-dragon dragon type. One that doesn't evolve into a western-looking one.

Something about the 四神兽, maybe?

Edited by beiningtian

a mega ho-oh and lugia could actually be really cool and fitting. their regular designs are already super cool & a mega-evolution could be even cooler (as long as they dont mess it up like they did with lati@s...)

You will never truly appreciate how well made Pokemon Sun & Moon will be until you've suffered through Digimon Dawn & Dusk first

a mega ho-oh and lugia could actually be really cool and fitting. their regular designs are already super cool & a mega-evolution could be even cooler (as long as they dont mess it up like they did with lati@s...)

This is what I worry about the most, as far as Megas go. The Latis were painful, but imo, Ho-oh as a Mega would be hard to mess up. Lugia on the other hand... his simplistic design would be easy to overdo with a Mega. sad.gif If they could just enhance their form they already have, like Mega Lucario/Lopunny and the Primal Kyogre and Groudon forms, that would be amazing...

I'm hoping for more normal evolutions to pokemon we already have. Solrock and Lunatone, since they match with the titles, could get evos maybe. Some more baby pokemon too, I wanna see a baby lapras, baby tauros, and baby onix.

As for mega evos, I'd like for them to give megas to the rest of the starters, especially the johto ones.

isn't sun and moon based off china and chinese culter?

That's the current theory, though nothing is set in stone. Something else that could be is that the new gen is a mix of China and Japan. I know in Japan the Sun is a very important deity with the moon being its sibling (Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi) so it could play off of that.

I'd like to get megas of him and Lugia, but as for his own movie, It may not be a\for a while because its considered the one thats considered to guide Ash, or at least blessed him since episode one...or something like that.

(Hopefully I can actually have a nice conversation here about this, unlike the last forum I tried that in...)

Honestly, these have really caught my curiosity. It's unusual for a Gen to be named after something other than a colour or gem/precious metal, and the possibilities are quite interesting. So far, I'm liking the idea that they might be based around Chinese culture, and I've seen a few mentions of perhaps a rabbit for the moon and a phoenix for sun (don't we already have two phoenix legends, though?).

I'm also hoping we get more pre-evolutions (DragonKing1337, I would LOVE to see baby Lapras and Tauros!), more evolutions and more megas. Particularly something for Lunatone and Solrock, since...well. xd.png They're a sun and moon.

But most of all, I'd really like the see Poison types finally get a Legendary (Not including Arceus).

Honestly, these have really caught my curiosity. It's unusual for a Gen to be named after something other than a colour or gem/precious metal, and the possibilities are quite interesting. So far, I'm liking the idea that they might be based around Chinese culture, and I've seen a few mentions of perhaps a rabbit for the moon and a phoenix for sun (don't we already have two phoenix legends, though?).

If it is China-inspired with sun and moon legends, a sun crow is probably more likely, I think. But what's the phoenix legend other than Ho-oh?

Moltres is the other phoenix. Not to say we couldn't get another Phoenix but who knows. Considering most of the legends on box covers are pretty large it would have to be a pretty big rabbit legendary, but who are we kidding that would be sweet xd.png

Now I have to figure out which version my brother wants. We normally get the opposite games and depending on which one we like better, we usually playfully argue about which legendary is better xd.png

I think a tiny rabbit legenday would be awesome, haha! I never pick my version till I see the legendaries but right now I'm leaning towards Sun version, just because. Can't wait for all the CoroCoro leaks coming from now till release later this year. I wish the game was coming sooner sad.gif

I would love that fountain in front of my dream mansion.

I finally saw Pokemon Direct and am officially hyped for these two games! I'm leaning towards Moon so far, just because I like the design for the moon more than I like the sun's.

Get your hand out of my wallet, Nintendo!